Type keyword(s) to search

Whatever Happened to the Old Haunt and Other Show Related Mysteries

Deeda

I can see Stana's next project being a cable based drama series. 

I agree w. Halle in that television is where the best writing is for women. And TV is much more friendly for women of a certain age and sadly in Hollywood that's 35 and up. 

Yes, Molly's been popping up in stuff and with the right role, or a string of right roles on a smaller scale, I could see her becoming a star. I like her and think she's consistently getting better, even if her character on Castle gets worse. And you're right, judging by the things I see/hear about Molly in the fandom (aside from hate, lol), she hangs out with a lot of NF's friends in the business like James Gunn etc, seems like he deliberately connects her to everyone he knows who might be useful to her (in a good way, lol).

I have her early short movie The Sacrifice, she was excellent in it. (Fun fact: Darby Stanchfield was her mother in the movie also.) She has the talent, she has good supporting roles which keeps her in the loop but don't give ammo to pull a Lohan-style personality wreck. I wish her all goods, the hate she received from the fandom was undeserved. She received a lot of fire because in interviews she positioned Alexis between Castle and Beckett, but that was one thing which I really wanted to see in the show (in vain.) Not the fake drama with Pi, but the careful repositioning those three persons around each other.

It would have been great to see how she gradually accepts that the woman who her father loves and she respects can bring the greatest dangers on his heads? How Beckett tries to find the right tune between being in command and being passive if she is in trouble but headstrong as well? What would have Castle done when he had to choose between them (like having two events at the same time, each one is important to one of them)? What happens when Kate's and Rick's opinion collide about her and then it's revealed that the "winning" one was wrong? (The first time when I thought about it was in S3, when she wanted the scooter. I wished that after Beckett convinced Castle that it's a good thing, Alexis would have had a bad experience with it, like a street muggery. Would Castle have blamed Kate? How much she would have blamed herself?) I think this three sided relationship would have provided a lot of excellent materials to both the writers and the actors as well. It's a pity that partly because Alexis has grown out from this partly because all of these development was dealt in two-three sentences and packed away as done deals, those are in the "if only" category.

I can see Stana's next project being a cable based drama series. 

I agree w. Halle in that television is where the best writing is for women. And TV is much more friendly for women of a certain age and sadly in Hollywood that's 35 and up. 

Agreed and cable shows with their shorter filming schedule could provide her ample time for other projects as well. I read the book her production company bought, I wonder whether does she wants to play the female protagonist? The character is almost tailor made to her.

(edited)
Not the fake drama with Pi, but the careful repositioning those three persons around each other.

Yet another storyline I would have loved to see!  I guess they decided to forego all of that and just stick with the Alexis growing up and acting out storyline, which they didn't execute very well imo and kind of backfired on the character.  They've done such a great job in establishing the Alexis/Castle bond, and the unusual nuclear family of Alexis/Martha/Castle that it's a shame they didn't really try to make the changing family dynamics a storyline.  They brought up some interesting unresolved issues in Alexis' attitude towards Beckett after she got shot and got her Dad in danger but this was never picked up.  That tidbit from Gina when she said she felt Castle excluded her from Alexis was an interesting issue as well.  Ultimately, I haven't really gotten a sense of growing closeness between Alexis/Beckett. Perhaps a case could be made that there doesn't need to be, but with Castle and Alexis haven't such a close bond it just feels odd that the most important women in his life haven't really bonded.  Even Castle and Alexis haven't had a real conversation about Beckett joining the family.

I guess they have another opportunity for Alexis/Beckett to forge a closer bond with Castle's death/disappearance, but can't help feeling that it's another one of those things where the ship has kind of sailed.  SO much interesting stuff should and could have been tackled when the romantic relationship was new, and now it feels like too late for a lot of that. 

Gant, I've wondered too why SD and the supporting cast with the exception of MQ haven't done more work in their time off from Castle.  Maybe they really need time to recharge, or maybe it really is that competitive in Hollywood.  They might have to make their own thing, like a short, or something online, to help make things happen for them.  That said, I don't think any of the cast will have trouble finding steady work when Castle is over.  I thought NF and SK would have landed more substantial roles than what amounts to cameos in their time off from Castle too, but maybe they are truly exhausted and/or it's harder to get those roles (e.g. in some quality indies) even if you're the lead on a TV drama than I might think.  Think they would have a lot more opportunities if Castle only filmed 12 episodes a year.  I'm glad that NF was able to fit in Much Ado at the same time as Castle was being filmed even if it was exhausting.  I'm looking forward to his cameo in GotG though I'm not expecting much, but hoping it won't be next to nothing at least after the buzz.

I read the book her production company bought, I wonder whether does she wants to play the female protagonist? The character is almost tailor made to her.

Which book was that?  Is it any good?

ETA:  An addition to Stana's imdb bio in the "trivia" section:

Engaged to Castle co-star Nathan Fillion the same day Kate Beckett accepted Richard Castle's proposal on the show. Engaged on Sept 23, 2013. The couple wed the day of the Season 6 finale May 12, 2014.

Seriously, some people!  I don't know whether to laugh or groan.  This is why we don't get joint interviews.

Edited by madmaverick

I hope that ABC will change from the AWM “vision”, but the fans can't know for sure until something publicly comes out about it. Time will tell once ABC or Amann speak up (which they haven't yet to my knowledge) or until the7x1 premiere airs in September.  Any expectations of Marlowe still having control is coming from AWM & TEM themselves. They may be just trying to save face since ABC put the screws to him for the contrived finale. The TVLine article about the changeover said Marlowe was stepping down from the show runner position and David Amann was taking over. There is only one story line director on a show regardless of what others may wish otherwise and that is the person with the title of Show Runner. It makes no sense that Amann would take the job if he was just going to be a mouth piece for Marlowe and accept all the blame for what goes wrong and nothing for what goes right. No one in their right mind would take on such a role. I really hope that Marlowe has stepped down and we no longer see his organic, fun storytelling “vision”. In addition, the audience deserves an apology from Marlowe for those post finale comments.

ETA:  An addition to Stana's imdb bio in the "trivia" section:

Engaged to Castle co-star Nathan Fillion the same day Kate Beckett accepted Richard Castle's proposal on the show. Engaged on Sept 23, 2013. The couple wed the day of the Season 6 finale May 12, 2014. 

Seriously, some people!  I don't know whether to laugh or groan.  This is why we don't get joint interviews.

Sigh.

Believe me, I get the fairytale of associating the actors with their characters so closely as to want them to be together (I'm still holding out hope for Kate and Leo), but I realize that I have absolutely no control over anything except being delighted if it actually happens. And spreading false information? Please, no.

Yeah, we'll never get another joint interview again.

I wonder if the people that make that sort of stuff up and send hateful tweets to SOs and make up rumors about them hating each other realize that they're the reason why they don't interact more.

(edited)
In addition, the audience deserves an apology from Marlowe for those post finale comments.

They'll be waiting a long time. I've never heard Marlowe apologise for anything he's done and I doubt he'll start now. Why should he? In his mind the finale was simply meant to be zany fun after the seriousness of Veritas and he clearly didn't give a shit about upsetting the fans over the delayed wedding. Apologising means you acknowledge you got something wrong and he's just not the type. I'm sure he's seen the critical fallout over the finale and knows his interviews were not overwhelmingly well received but he'll want to ignore all that and move on and the best way to do this is not talk about it and divert fans attention to what's coming up. I think someone should muzzle the guy as what he says usually makes things worse not better but I've no doubt we'll be hearing from him again soon as he sets out his overall "vision" for S7. 

Edited by verdana
(edited)

It would have been great to see how she gradually accepts that the woman who her father loves and she respects can bring the greatest dangers on his heads? How Beckett tries to find the right tune between being in command and being passive if she is in trouble but headstrong as well? What would have Castle done when he had to choose between them (like having two events at the same time, each one is important to one of them)? What happens when Kate's and Rick's opinion collide about her and then it's revealed that the "winning" one was wrong?

This is everything I wanted to see as a natural evolution of their family dynamic once Beckett and Castle became a couple. There was so much to explore in bringing these three together as a family unit and watching as they struggle with how you co-exist when you bring someone new into the mix. Especially given the past issues that had been touched on with Alexis and her anger/fear over her dad being in danger and her concern for his ultimate happiness with Beckett. Instead I got the most irritating character on TV foisted on me since Jar Jar Binks, Beckett was marginalised and Alexis turned overnight into a mean, ignorant, disrespectful person to service the plot.  

That tidbit from Gina when she said she felt Castle excluded her from Alexis was an interesting issue as well.  Ultimately, I haven't really gotten a sense of growing closeness between Alexis/Beckett. Perhaps a case could be made that there doesn't need to be, but with Castle and Alexis haven't such a close bond it just feels odd that the most important women in his life haven't really bonded.  Even Castle and Alexis haven't had a real conversation about Beckett joining the family.

You would have thought this was the perfect way to show how Kate and Alexis are forming a totally different dynamic to the one she had with Gina and this is one reason why his third marriage is to going to work but as usual they ignored it. Their familial bond or whatever they have happened off screen mostly. I guess proof of their closeness is given by what we see - a smile here, a fist bump there, a hug - but that's never been enough to convince me of much. The odd line or moment of physical interaction two or three times a season and that's your character development done and dusted, it's pretty woeful given how much scope there is or should I say was.

I agree with you that Castle's disappearance should give them a chance to interact and deepen their relationship but I doubt it will happen given what's gone before. I'd love them to have a few nice little scenes together (depending on how long this story arc lasts) but they'll probably hardly even speak, the focus will be on Kate's anguish not that of the rest of his family. The writers still insist on keeping them wherever possible in separate orbits if Castle is not around.  

Edited by verdana

Which book was that?  Is it any good?

ETA:  An addition to Stana's imdb bio in the "trivia" section:

Seriously, some people!  I don't know whether to laugh or groan.  This is why we don't get joint interviews.

Stephen Evans: The Marriage of True Minds 

I liked the book though I have some reservations about the relation of the two characters. (Always my problem :D) I think it's a good read, and not a very long one.

To the IMDB post: I think Albert Einstein told that the difference between being an idiot or a genius is that the former has no limits. Now thanks to the internet we can find a new proof of this statement every day...

My opinion - i like Stana and I don't think she' s a big enough diva to demand someone fly overseas to meet with her to convince her to stay on the show.  She seriously needs to follow the Gillian Anderson route - stay with Castle as long as she can and keep cashing those checks.  She's not a very good actress and she'll struggle once the show is over to find another role (anyone see CBGB?).  Some fans really make her out to be the Meryl Streep of TV and she's just not that good of an actress outside of Beckett. 

My opinion - i like Stana and I don't think she' s a big enough diva to demand someone fly overseas to meet with her to convince her to stay on the show.  She seriously needs to follow the Gillian Anderson route - stay with Castle as long as she can and keep cashing those checks.  She's not a very good actress and she'll struggle once the show is over to find another role (anyone see CBGB?).  Some fans really make her out to be the Meryl Streep of TV and she's just not that good of an actress outside of Beckett. 

I doubt anyone flew all the way to Europe to prevent her from quitting, given that she's got a year left in her contract anyway and can't quit.  However, they may have done it to keep rifts from forming on the show. I agree with you.  She's a beautiful woman, but highly overrated by fans and possibly herself, given how she sometimes compares herself to the greats (Gag me).  If she had to make it as an actress on talent alone, wellll, I think her pre-rhinoplasty work kind of proves how that would go.  She is extremely average, talent-wise.

I saw CBGB because of her and because I love the Talking Heads.  That said CBGB is not a good example as a predictor of future roles. Johnny Galecki was also in CBGB and he's in the hottest show on TV (Big Bang Theory).  Does that mean he also isn't going to get great roles afte BBT?  (In his case, he may not care, LOL).

Between his "Roseanne" royalties and the huge BBT perks, Johnny Galecki has very little to worry about, IMO. Horrible CBGB movie or not.

So, comparing him to Stana Katic here is apples and oranges.

For the record, I also don't think SK is all that great in terms of acting ability, either. But then, I don't think even NF has much range. But he has charisma and in the business of acting, sometimes that is enough to get by on. And I LIKE NF (and have no issues with SK). It's all JMO and opinions vary, etc.

Still, yeah, I PERSONALLY don't see either ever winning awards. But they are just usually overhyped ceremonies 9 times out of 10, anyway.

The board is still active - agree to disagree?

And, don't get me started on JG = that movie was a hot mess and he was the lead.

Stana wrapped The Tourist is wrapped and leaving [gather that from her last tweet] Italy as of yesterday. So, yes, I doubt that David flew to another country just to talk to her face to face when she'll be back in LA in a matter of a few days. 

halaciHU, thanks for the book info.

So if S7 really is the end, and AM, NF and SK have all already come to an agreement about that, when would an announcement usually be made?  Or if there are negotiations for new contracts with the actors for additional seasons, when would we likely find out the result of that?   Just trying to find out when we'll know if the end really is coming.

Or if there are negotiations for new contracts with the actors for additional seasons, when would we likely find out the result of that?

Usually...you wouldn't, unless your show has a ton of buzz, which Castle doesn't. The show would likely just go on, etc. Maybe a place like Deadline or TVLine would have a tidbit but, again, such announcements are usually made only for "big" shows, or that is how I've seen it for the last few years.

And if S7 were the last, we'd already know, as the network would be touting "the final season". So I'm inclined to believe the postings that maybe contracts have been extended.

It seems to be very clear that Nathan is eager to move on to more challenging work and to have a work schedule compatible with his health and personal happiness. I don't think Castle has been on long enough—or is popular enough—for them to make a big deal of the final season long in advance. But it makes sense that a new showrunner would speak to Stana in person to sound her out about the possibility, or about the direction for her character for the future.

Personally, I would be disappointed if Castle lingered past 7 seasons. Weak episodes hurt to watch and since season 4 they're increasingly common. Of course, a new regime might signal a new, more lively, more engaged, and less formulaic approach that would revive my delight and have me howling for more more more!

(edited)

Seven seasons is certainly a success in terms of length of TV shows, and considering that the show is a solid utility performer, even if not "huge" or a show with massive buzz, I'm pretty sure the network would at least mention the show being in the home stretch.

And since ABC is up shit creek right now with its programming, I think it's not out of the realm to believe extensions were granted a while ago. Nathan may not have much use for the show outside of the financial aspect, but the financial aspect has been good to him, allowing him to travel to Cons and do side projects.

So while it may not be beneficial to the show itself to linger, I can't really fault the actors for staying and cashing the checks. They have bills to pay, too.

Edited by WendyR72
  • Love 1
(edited)

I don't mean this as an insult or a dig towards Nathan but I don't see him being a big film star. I just don't and I don't care if he knows/BFFs w. Whedon or not. 

Also? This summer especially, Nathan reminded me of the character ED Quinn played in The Final Frontier episode. In I can see him spending the rest of his foreseeable years/career doing the comic con circuit. It pays well so I ain't mad. Just making an observation. 

Edited by Samantha84
  • Love 1
(edited)
if S7 were the last, we'd already know, as the network would be touting "the final season". So I'm inclined to believe the postings that maybe contracts have been extended.

They may just not know yet.  If Nathan's contract is up at the end of season 7, he certainly may be thinking that he doesn't want to renew.  But that doesn't mean he's had official conversations with ABC where he's said that.  They probably wouldn't do that until S7 starts and we see what the ratings are.  If he doesn't renew I would expect an announcement mid-season.  Or maybe he's thinking he won't renew but will change his mind if ABC offers a big raise.

I think the whole cast is talented, but don't really see any of them becoming major film stars.  While they're good, they're not really Oscar-caliber (unless better writing helps them improve).  Plus, I'm not sure any of them want to be mega stars.  I see them as happy to be steadily working and want interesting parts, but they don't seem to care about being household names.

Edited by KaveDweller

Also? This summer especially, Nathan reminded me of the character ED Quinn played in The Final Frontier episode. In I can see him spending the rest of his foreseeable years/career doing the comic con circuit. It pays well so I ain't mad. Just making an observation. 

He seems to have been on one continual round of them even more so than last season but you're right the guy could make a reasonably good living just doing cons. I'm sure I read somewhere that depending how popular the star they can make up to $100K at each one.  At the rate he attends them Nathan wouldn't have to worry about getting another job in too much of a hurry, unless he spends the money as fast as he earns it of course. 

(edited)

He seems to have been on one continual round of them even more so than last season but you're right the guy could make a reasonably good living just doing cons. I'm sure I read somewhere that depending how popular the star they can make up to $100K at each one.  At the rate he attends them Nathan wouldn't have to worry about getting another job in too much of a hurry, unless he spends the money as fast as he earns it of course. 

I think that was me on the old forums who mentioned how much he could earn, I think the recent link I had put it at $80k for a whole weekend. It must be said that after Castle finishes he's probably got a couple of years of earning this rate, unless he finds another big job, as he was not earning that at cons before Castle. The wider fame Castle brought him made him more valuable to cons, so he can ride the wave a bit after Castle. Not that he wouldn't earn a good rate more than other people in a year it just won't be top rate.

Also, @Castlegrip won't be working on season 7.

Edited by Brit Babe

I don't mean this as an insult or a dig towards Nathan but I don't see him being a big film star. I just don't and I don't care if he knows/BFFs w. Whedon or not. 

I don't see any of the TV actors I know becoming "big movie stars". (Except may be Tatiana Maslany, who is young, talented and most importantly, got lucky with her break-through role(s) in a critically acclaimed "water cooler" show.) Not because I don't see them as capable enough, more because these jumps are so rare they can be seen within the admissible error bounds, and lately they don't even seem desirable for TV actors themselves. More and more film actors try to find decent cable shows to star in and seem quite happy.

So I'm not sure why would Nathan even think about suddenly becoming a "big film star" at this stage of his career, I sure don't see any signs pointing to this conclusion about him. And save for delusional nerds on nerdy forums who admire his geek cred and really don't see any difference career wise between Fillion and RDJ/Ruffalo/Reynolds/Evans and so on, I doubt anyone who likes him seriously considers this option.

That said, there are some options left between a sudden leap into movie stardom and a pathetic existence of someone like Final Frontier character. Because let's be honest he's rather pathetic, he doesn't work at all and earns his living organizing these simulation games for fans. He's not an actor anymore. IDK how obvious it is for people who are not familiar with the convention scene, but this was a parody, a spoof, taking the real thing to extremes à la Galaxy Quest. Many actors with nerd fame and Comic con cred, actually most of them, are capable of doing both - acting and conventions, it's not really an odd thing at all. Whatever Fillion is gonna find after Castle - a cable show, a network show, guest roles, indies - he can continue doing conventions, and vice versa. It's not mutually exclusive, and I certainly don't see why would he suddenly stop getting offers when he's been steadily working for 15-20 years. I see as many signs of that as of a future movie stardom to be honest.

• Love 1

It's not mutually exclusive, and I certainly don't see why would he suddenly stop getting offers when he's been steadily working for 15-20 years. I see as many signs of that as of a future movie stardom to be honest.

Particularly when you add in the possibility of animation voice-over work, which I believe is already on his resume, and which seems to be still in its growth stage.

Not every actor wants to be in movies or a big film star.   Some just like steady work even in small parts.    Nathan based on his past work is not into the big bucks huge film.   He likes the quirky stuff.    He is having fun, its not about the bucks.  Did you ever see Slither?   Heavens Dr. Horrible's Sing Along was clearly just a fun thing, that happened to hit cult status.   If he banked his Castle checks right, he can do cons forever and still live quite nicely doing the occasional offbeat film every so often.   And of course, appearing in anything Whedon does.

(edited)

My two cents on the career topic: to me both Stana and Nathan seems like people who are standing on the ground with two feet, don't live a flashy life, don't look for big media coverage and happy when they can work on projects which they like. To Nathan Castle was a big bonanza, but even Stana could garner about 5 million if the show finishes next year. I checked: the average California household income was around 60k last year. I don't think that any of them would need to worry about their utility bills for the next few decades even if they won't work a single day - which is very unlikely. For now Stana has also built up an own and very loyal fandom, she has worked with a number of guest stars on the set which means a much bigger connection net than she had before.

This financial background makes it possible to them to pick projects they like, work with people they dream of no matter how much it pays and as much as I know about them this would make them happy with their career. It doesn't mean that they can't or don't dream about The Role, with awards and fame, but I'm not sure that this is the only thing what counts to them or that their career would be a flop if it "only" allows them to do what they like and live how they like.

Edited by halaciHU
  • Love 1
(edited)
Not every actor wants to be in movies or a big film star.   Some just like steady work even in small parts.    Nathan based on his past work is not into the big bucks huge film.

Exactly. I dunno why people automatically assume that every single actor is necessarily aiming to become a "big movie star" and if it doesn't happen it means their career failed. There's a lot of middle ground in entertainment success stories and many people working in the industry are quite happy with the level of success they've already reached, and no one considers them sore losers just because they aren't among those few who are on the very top. Moreover, not every celebrity even wants to be on the very top, given the constant pressure and limitations that come with this level of popularity in the modern world. I remember one of the Fillion's interviews several years ago, where he made it very clear how comfortable it felt for him to be what his pal Alan Tudyk called "perfect famous": known enough to get steadily employed and to be able to do what they love to do, i.e. act and tell stories, and yet not famous enough not to be able to live normal lives, without getting recognized everywhere they go, without TMZ and paparazzi violating their privacy, hunting their every step and spreading gossips about them on page 6, etc. I for one believe he was sincere about that. Not everyone nowadays seeks this level of popularity, really, even in Hollywood. Fillion can easily get all the "feeling like a rockstar" moments he wants at the Cons, yet on daily basis he clearly prefers leading a low-key, normal life, out of the limelight. Same goes for Stana.

In another interview (or was it during his Q&A at one of the cons?) when asked what he would like to do after Castle, he answered that next he would prefer to do something not long-term for a change, like 3-4 different gigs a year. So, given his resume and secure financial situation after Castle, I can easily see him having quite a diverse and fulfilling creative career even without becoming "a big movie star". Guest appearances on other TV shows and/or in his friends' webseries (or even creating his own - I bet it would be hugely popular among his geek fans), voice work in various games and animation, supporting or episodic roles in the movies (or leading roles in some "quirky" indie stuff), regular Con appearances, and, of course, participation in any further "passion projects" of Joss Whedon's and James Gunn's. Sounds like quite a broad-ranging and successful career for me. I can even see him landing another long-term leading role (or at least being in the main cast) in some cable show or in some sitcom, but not right after Castle, of course, maybe in 5-7 years time. There are plenty of seasoned actors in their late 40-s and 50-s getting to play some really great and meaty roles on TV nowadays, so why not Fillion. He has already proven he can carry a successful TV show.

Edited by Karen

I think Stana and Nathan and the rest of the cast are happy and grateful for their current level of success, to be a working actor on a successful show, 'cause they know there are a lot of talented actors out there who are out of work, and a job's never a given in their business.  Nathan's talked about having to pay his rent on credit before when he was going through a tough period.  But that's not to say they won't be aiming for bigger opportunities out there as well, be it blockbuster movies or quality indies.  Or a role they can really chew on on a cable series, which seems to be what everyone's looking for these days!  I think the odds are against them for any leap to become a film star, but I don't think any of them would turn down the opportunity to be in films if given a shot.

And another! 

Now if they want Castle to walk up the beach in this shirt I'd be fine with it. 

johnkalmar
2 days ago
So this is the actor from the TV show "Castle." He was in Honduras. I've never seen "Castle." Obviously I got a pic with him. #roatan #honduras #castle #whoisthisjabroni #roatanamigos

http://instagram.com/p/qLTokKu7Yk/

One more from the airport 

Jasmine Jackson @jassydjd

took this picture with him today! Was dropping a friend off at the airport and he was there

https://twitter.com/jassydjd/status/487083413170429954

@tchrof6th2003 @JuIiaRose he was super nice. He said that once a year him & his friends go on vacation to a place thats great for diving..

They were probably laying low at some diving place, but since resurfacing (pun:)) yesterday it looked increasingly similar to Stana's experience in Florence LOL. Good he's leaving, won't have to change hotels as Stana did. I don't understand where all these giddy teens come from, seeing as Castle's audience is well above 50 I think. That pic Verdana posted is downright awkward imo.

(edited)

Debra J Cox @DebraJCox  ·  19h

Do you know that my brothers &I built Coral Vista & Infinity Bay on Roatan! Sister-in-law sings at the Vintage Pearl

https://twitter.com/DebraJCox/status/486969798589308928

Nathan again.  

I don't understand where all these giddy teens come from, seeing as Castle's audience is well above 50 I think. That pic Verdana posted is downright awkward imo.

Well I'm a damn sight closer to his age heh although I don't think I could ever do that. I do agree with you about the teen element. On tumblr I'm frequently amazed how many younger fans are going crazy over Castle. It's kind of weird given like you I always thought it was said to be most popular with the over fifties but then I guess tumblr is hardly representative of the general viewers but I do find it perplexing how much they adore the show especially Caskett.

Edited by verdana

Lol that hugging picture is so awkward. Nathan admittedly hates hugging strangers. I get that, but you'd think a celebrity would kind of get used to it (I've actually met some celebrities who prefer hugs to handshakes for germ reasons). I know everyone has different comfort levels with touching, but is an above the waist hug that different from having your arms around each other for pictures (which he allows at Cons)? Not judging his preferences, I think it's cool he's so open with boundaries.

It reminds me of this video of US soccer goalie Tim Howard:

http://tmz.me/MOTXWJZ

Heh nice blocking move there, it must be so odd trying to just go about your normal business and have people sticking cameras in your face and trying to get pictures and hug, kiss and do goodness knows what else.  I guess they get used to it but what a life. 

You're kind of damned if you don't these days, which is not right imo because celebrities should have the right of refusal and right to privacy like all of us.  But if you refuse, chances are someone's going to go on social media and call you names. ;)  I guess the challenge is how to refuse when you don't want to engage and still come off as cool (NF's name card is an amusing attempt.).  I can understand people, especially actresses, being uncomfortable with random hugs from strangers, even at cons.    At least these people seemed to be people who just bumped into him; I can't understand people going specifically to a place with just the intent of meeting someone, be it L.A. or Florence, and walking around/stalking for days just to accomplish that, and then meeting that person once is never enough.  Maybe that's celebrity culture these days for you, but I find it quite disturbing.  What a waste of a trip to that place imo, when there's so much out there to explore.  And it's a pity that some don't seem to get that the object of their adoration may actually crave some privacy instead and be discomforted by the intense level of idolization. It's really unfortunate that whatever happened led to Stana implementing security measures, but better safe than sorry.

• Love 2

As someone who hates hugging strangers (or even colleagues/acquaintances, also avoid hugging friends, actually I only willingly hug my parents and SO) I can't imagine life where people would've expected it of me. Endless awkward horror, lol.

As for NF I think he did OK with that airport group pic (he just seems to look into a different camera than everyone else lol), and that photoshopped pic with that one girl just looks like something unprepared or badly timed. Probably there's a pic from a different angle when they're both ready and posed. This one looks like she just clutched him to herself mid-stride, lol. I hope it's not the case and security wasn't involved.

Looks like the cast, or at least Molly, has the season premiere script

I've always wondered why Castle doesn't have table reads? I see lots of actors, writers etc tweeting about table reads and it seems to be the norm. Curious. 

Looks like the cast, or at least Molly, has the season premiere script

I've always wondered why Castle doesn't have table reads? I see lots of actors, writers etc tweeting about table reads and it seems to be the norm. Curious. 

That would require they put more than the minimum effort into producing the show.

(edited)

That would require they put more than the minimum effort into producing the show.

Heh and just what I was thnking.

I see Castle has a new assistant writer being welcomed on board, Stephanie Hicks.

Dara Creasey @DaraCreasey  ·  4h

#Castle fandom, please welcome new writers' assistant @Sticks919! #followMonday

She's just started up her twitter account and I can't really find anything on her at all, this might be her IMDB page but again not sure. It hasn't been updated with her joining Castle.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3288955/

I wonder how significant it is that they haven't replaced the full time writers that left (I'm sure more than one did) and have just hired an assistant with not much experience by the looks of things. It does make me do wonder given the reorganisation at the top if this is another signal they're making preparations to wind things down or may be they think the pool of talent they have is good enough?  

And Dara needs just 5 more followers to get to 54,000 if any one feels like helping her out, personally even if I was on twitter I couldn't stand seeing her sugary sucking up to MilMar every day. 

Dara Creasey @DaraCreasey  ·  1h

“@TerriEdda: All the #Castle folk love the fans and we relay your best tweets and thoughts to them, so thank you.” Esp on their episodes!

This is for the for writers that are not on twitter like Amann and by "best" thoughts I presume they mean the ones saying how wonderful they are and nothing needs to improve. Amann is smart if he stays off it.  

Edited by verdana
(edited)

I think you'll find Adler replaced E. Beall since he started at the end of last year, the only major writer (apart from the casuals, etc) that hasn't been replaced is D. Grae.

But TPW and Amann are definitely smart to stay away from the online community.

Edited by Nadine