Type keyword(s) to search

Whatever Happened to the Old Haunt and Other Show Related Mysteries

Deeda

(edited)

There are many females playing cops who look attractive but professional, I agree. Angie Harmon's Jane Rizzoli is a great example. Then you have the many women in the L&O franchise. The aforementioned Olivia Benson on SVU, Alexandra Eames on CI, and for all the talk of Stana not looking girly with shorter hair, Julianne Nicholson, who played Det. Megan Wheeler on L&O: CI, had a freaking pixie cut (which was obviously even shorter than Beckett's S1 'do), and while it isn't my favorite style, JN never looked like a boy.

I agree with what @Samantha84 is saying: Stana doesn't even really have to do much. Lose the heels, adjust the hair according to what she is doing on the job, and tone down the trowel of makeup. She'd still look good in the end. (Of course, I'd even add lose SOME of the ritzy wardrobe, but can't have everything, right?)

I'm one of those who thought the S1 look worked. Beckett was still attractive yet also looked like a cop.

Edited by WendyR72
(edited)

Early season two wardrobe of Kate Beckett is a cross between Det. Jane Rizzoli and Agt. Kensi Blye, in my opinion. Then Luke came in and made such a drastic change and there was no real reason or explanation why. Or maybe I'm spoiled by some tv show costume designers who make their characters outfits fit w. who the character is or allow the clothes to tell a story. Hmmm, silly me. 

Edited by Samantha84
  • Love 2

Well, to be fair to both sides of this ever-ongoing discussion, Castle isn't the L&O franchise and vice versa. It's a lot more whimsical, even when dealing with murder. It's much...frothier, closer to the Murder She Wrote tone where murder is concerned than the grit of the harder procedurals, so perhaps the wardrobe choices - while I don't agree with them - are meant to be as whimsical and less "real" or whatever.

Even the NYC of Castle seems less...harsh/gritty, whatever. (Although that's inevitable since Castle, unlike the L&O franchise or other similarly-placed shows, doesn't really take place in NY.)

So a more fantastical wardrobe seems to fit the show's tone while it doesn't truly fit Beckett's occupation. So if that's the goal, maybe Luke is doing what's asked of him.

Yeah I think I recall her saying something like that, can't remember when it was. The impression I got from some of the comments I used to see was short hair = boyish = not attractive and that bugs me.

You mean comments from fans? That is kind of annoying, because Stana looked pretty great in season 1.  I prefer her with longer hair, but she was hardly unattractive.

I also prefer her with longer hair, but I do like the flippy look to the end of S1. That was a good length and had good volume and where short =/= boyish. Her hair in the pilot ... yeah, that bordered a bit on boyish. That's not to say that some women can't look good with that kind of hair, but it wasn't really a pixie look and Stana's features are a bit to delicate now to make that kind of haircut work.

Coupled with the no-nonsense clothes ... I can see how the network/Stana/tptb might think that it's not the best fit for primetime TV, even if it is "realistic".

Pilot Beckett was typical/stereotypical women detective clothes. This is true. Early season 2, actually all of season 2 Beckett, except for the last 4 episodes, was a good balance. Not to model-esque. 

I don't think Beckett's clothes, save for the heels, are really all that model-esque. They're well tailored and expensive , but they're not really all that extravagant looking. It'd be easy to dress like Beckett even with department store finds. It's not like she's solving crimes in a couture gown.

Angie Harmon's Jane Rizzoli is a great example.

I honestly don't know if Rizzoli is the greatest example of being a feminine cop. From what I can tell, even within the Rizzoli and Isles fandom she's the butch one (and most definitely when compared to Maura Isles) - and that goes further than just the way she dresses. (to be fair, most of what I know of Rizzloli and Isles comes from tumbr where it's heavily skewed towards the fem-relationship.

Beckett's hair and makeup is what makes her the most supermodel-esque, I think. And if they kept her darker hair, that'd be a good start to un-model-fying her.

This is true .. Rizzoli is considered the "butch" one. Though people are comparing her to Maura and their non existent romantic relationship.  

I should clarify .. Rizzoli + Kensi [should] = Beckett. By that I mean ... Hair/toned down makeup of Rizzoli and [some] of Kensi's wardobe choices. Which were some of Beckett's season 2 wardrobe. I.E: leather jackets, boat neck shirts.  

I don't think Beckett's clothes, save for the heels, are really all that model-esque. They're well tailored and expensive , but they're not really all that extravagant looking. It'd be easy to dress like Beckett even with department store finds. It's not like she's solving crimes in a couture gown.

I agree. I think it's b/c we know who the designers are and just how much they cost. Which we didn't know until Luke came around. Maybe he gets a discount off them if he plugs the name?  Marlowe could trim his budget my thousands if he'd tighten Luke's wallet for Beckett's wardrobe. It's not about the name to me. It's about the fit, the tailoring.  Again, take off 3 inches on Beckett's shoes, take the hair down 3 shades, lay off the eyeliner, and we'd have more Detective Beckett and less supermodel Kate Beckett, in my opinion. 

Also a pet peeve of mines .. most female detective character wear their gun except for in interrogation room and at home .. why doesn't Beckett? It's a prop, plastic made to look real so why doesn't she carry it and when she does have it aimed at a suspect, it seems to come from outta thin air.  Marlowe & Co. want us to by Beckett as a tough cop but they don't add the little bits that add to that realism. 

I'm a huge SVU fan and think Mariska Hagarity is amazing. I actually think she looks better with short hair.

I liked Beckett's FBI look. Just loosing the heels made a difference.

The first time I tried to get into this show was during Rise. The two reasons I couldn't get into it was supermodel Beckett and them referring to Gates as "sir".

Also a pet peeve of mines .. most female detective character wear their gun except for in interrogation room and at home .. why doesn't Beckett? It's a prop, plastic made to look real so why doesn't she carry it and when she does have it aimed at a suspect, it seems to come from outta thin air.  Marlowe & Co. want us to by Beckett as a tough cop but they don't add the little bits that add to that realism.

Doesn't she mostly wear a shoulder holster? I noticed that because I think the thigh holster is so much cooler [even though the people I know that actually shoot guns say a hip holster is much safer - with shoulder holsters you generally have to reach across your body and then sweep the gun out in front of you]. So it's plausible that she keeps it under her jackets. The thigh holster only generally makes an appearance when she's wearing her vest.

Doesn't she mostly wear a shoulder holster? I noticed that because I think the thigh holster is so much cooler [even though the people I know that actually shoot guns say a hip holster is much safer - with shoulder holsters you generally have to reach across your body and then sweep the gun out in front of you]. So it's plausible that she keeps it under her jackets. The thigh holster only generally makes an appearance when she's wearing her vest.

I thought she wore it under her jacket most of the time too (at least when she's on duty).  She pulls it out all the time, and I don't think it looks like it comes from thin air, it looks like it comes from some kind of holster.  They've even shown her pulling her jacket back to reach for the gun and you can see it on her.

Maybe she sometimes takes it off in the precinct, but she definitely wears it outside.

You mean comments from fans? That is kind of annoying, because Stana looked pretty great in season 1.  I prefer her with longer hair, but she was hardly unattractive.

It also wouldn't surprise me if the network wanted to glam up their female lead to get more viewers/attention.  

Yeah from fans which left me dumbstruck because as Samantha said she couldn't look boyish if she tried.

Salvatore Perez always had a better handle on how to dress Beckett than Luke does and also Nathan but that's another story!

And too wouldn't be surprised if the network partly encouraged her Hollywood supermodel makeover (I noticed the change about S3) it's all about maximising ratings. 

(edited)

Having once-upon-a-time lived in Manhattan, I think when I see Beckett's wardrobe, "How does she afford those clothes (even from a department store)? Where does she keep them?" I imagine the bedroom of her (looks to be a ROOFTOP apartment: many thousands a month) filled to the ceiling with clothes. Maybe a second bedroom just for jackets. When does she shop for those department store finds? When does she have time for the hairdresser? The dry cleaner? Or the opportunity to put on makeup before attending the corpse? I'm not a couture-wearing, golden-locks-having, stiletto-running, flawless-makeup-applying woman myself but I do realize that women who are, and who can manage to appear in public in a timely way, are fast and efficient at it. However, my interest in Beckett evaporated when she became a clothes horse. I relate to season one Beckett: a natural beauty, smart, empathetic, practical, and dedicated. Current Beckett is to me hardly more than a manikin.

Edited by Artifex

My pet peeve is professional women on TV with their blouses unbuttoned down to a place that would be considered unprofessional and inappropriate in real life!  Thankfully, I don't recall them going there with Beckett.  But her wardrobe and her look have become a bit too glammed up, and it's unnecessary imo.  Stana is a beautiful woman and she would be equally beautiful, if not more so, and more natural, with less.

I absolutely agree that a professional woman can be strong and feminine and stylish all together.  Problem is, the Beckett I loved in S1 never struck me as being someone particularly girlish or stylish.  Stana maybe, but Beckett no.  Beckett was someone who was told by Lanie that some lipstick wouldn't hurt, and she had a closet that was not at the cutting edge of fashion.  Both of which I related to!  Maybe that's why I miss that Beckett.  I do wonder if Luke ever watched those episodes...  Not saying Beckett couldn't evolve (if she did, they should have given us glimpses of that journey), but there's a bit of a disconnect for me from who she started out as to the always stylish, bordering on model like Beckett she's become.  In my experience, girls don't usually transform that much when they're already in their late 20s/early 30s.

I think Luke tends to let his taste for haute couture and the latest fashion trends dictate his choices for Beckett's wardrobe, more than anything to do with the character, her personality, and her socio-economic situation.  The 1st wedding dress was an example of him indulging his couture predilections.  But was it really a dress that Beckett and the audience would have envisaged her getting married in?  Anyway, it's really moot at this point to speculate on what Beckett would or wouldn't have wanted for their wedding.  The writers did a good job of draining any interest in their wedding preferences last season.  The wedding dress, the wedding discussions were puzzling and seemed out of character for both of them a lot of the time.

If Stana influences Luke's choices with her input (and probably all actors do), then I hope he isn't influenced by Nathan's eye for fashion, as he's indicated himself that he doesn't have much of one! ;)  No more ugly plaid, please.  I do think it can be a bit of a slippery slope when writers and production are influenced by actors' preferences.  The right balance has to be struck in collaboration.  A melding is probably inevitable in a lot of cases over time as the actors inhabit the characters, but I think writers should be directed by the characters first and foremost in their storytelling (and in their wardrobe!).

Luke seems to favour dressing Beckett in clothes that emphasise her slim figure.  Shame he doesn't seem to have a knack for giving Castle a slimmer silhouette!

I do wonder if American actresses get a bit of a nightmare when they work on British/European series where all the detectives are dressed down and makeup is understated.  OT: I bet the American remake of Broadchurch is going to be glammed up, especially when they didn't find the talented original actress to be 'conventionally beautiful' enough, whatever that means.  But I do think the glammed up look is not en vogue right now, with all the buzz about gritty cable series. Just look at OITNB, a hit show where all the women are basically dressed in the same thing and their makeup is the opposite of glam, which otherwise would be ridiculous given the setting.

And I do wonder if it costs more to be a successful actress than an actor in Hollywood.  Seems like many actresses have their own hair and make up person that they can trust (did Stana start out with one at the beginning of Castle?), a stylist, a personal assistant, probably a trainer, and who knows what else.  But I guess they can afford it on their salaries, and it can be considered an investment in their careers.  I do think actors should try to develop their own look rather than just go with the trend which can have the result of everyone looking the same. ;)

(edited)

And I do wonder if it costs more to be a successful actress than an actor in Hollywood.  Seems like many actresses have their own hair and make up person that they can trust (did Stana start out with one at the beginning of Castle?), a stylist, a personal assistant, probably a trainer, and who knows what else.  But I guess they can afford it on their salaries, and it can be considered an investment in their careers.  I do think actors should try to develop their own look rather than just go with the trend which can have the result of everyone looking the same. ;)

I want to know what's wrong with the one they hired for the show? Wasn't she (or he) good enough?. I don't really like the direction they've taken Beckett's overall look now - she's not so relatable to me any more. I wish they would tone the glamour content down, she's looks like a model who wouldn't be out of place in a Vogue photo shoot.

I find too many actresses in Hollywood once they've had their makeovers all end up looking the same, you could throw a rock and hit a hundred of them in LA. It's a shame because to start off they have a certain freshness and unique vibe about them then due to pressure I guess or a desire to fit in and be successful they often lose weight, get a personal trainer, the cosmetic surgery starts, the hair gets coloured and re-styled, the make up gets more sophisticated and often heavier, the wardrobe has a total overhaul but along the way they often lose what made them stand out as special in the first place.  

The men don't escape either though, especially the British guys when they come over to try and make their name, I often don't even recognise them after about six months Stateside when I see them in the gossip rags at events. 

Edited by verdana
  • Love 2
(edited)

I want to know what's wrong with the one they hired for the show? Wasn't she (or he) good enough?. I don't really like the direction they've taken Beckett's overall look now - she's not so relatable to me any more. I wish they would tone the glamour content down, she's looks like a model who wouldn't be out of place in a Vogue photo shoot.

Essentially, she's made up as Stana Katic. From what I've seen that is how Ms. Katic would like to be perceived and it's certainly how she appears in public. I believe those who say this change is due to actor input are correct.

Edited by TVWithPity

Yeah, I don't have a real problem with the clothes.  I know that they are designer brands that cost a ton of money, but I don't know if we're supposed to believe that Beckett is actually wearing designer brands. It could just be that she's meant to be in knockoffs.  But I can't tell the difference at ALL.  Honestly, I probably wouldn't have even noticed a change in clothes if I didn't read about it here. (I'm not exactly a fashionista myself). Hair and make-up, yes, obviously they changed. But the clothes don't seem that different to me.

I believe those who say this change is due to actor input are correct.

I don't think ABC cares enough to make a demand about it.  But if the network/producers didn't want a glammed up look, it wouldn't be happening.  ABC clearly don't care that much about Castle, hence the overall phoning it in vibe I get from most on the show.

• Love 1
(edited)

I don't think ABC cares enough to make a demand about it.  But if the network/producers didn't want a glammed up look, it wouldn't be happening.  ABC clearly don't care that much about Castle, hence the overall phoning it in vibe I get from most on the show.

Seems Stana has had a big input in Beckett's changing looks and ABC clearly aren't interested enough in the show generally to be that hands on so they leave them to it. Castle is just their steady under appreciated workhorse plodding along each year. 

I do find there is a general air of complacency and boredom obviously setting in amongst cast and crew as the show ages. They're in a routine now obivously just grinding out the episodes the quality of the final product doesn't matter than much any more.  

Edited by verdana

The studio pays for a lot of it.

It's the perk of being on a long running series. They pay for her hair and makeup person and her assistant while in production.

She did not start out with that though. You have to earn it.

Is there like an expenses account for the actors to reimburse a certain amount of show related expenditure, or is it contracted that they'll pay for her personnel?  Just wondering 'cause usually it's just the lead actress who has the extra hair and makeup person, and not the male lead, and I see that in movie credits as well.  And does the studio pay for all the assistants of the actors, supporting cast included?  I would have thought assistants were paid for by the actors themselves as I assume they assist them outside of Castle too.

(edited)

I must admit if I was network exec I wouldn't want to pay for the various hangers on that these actors bring with them to "assist" them as part of their personal team. They want them around they should pay for them out of their own pocket. 

And my dash on tumblr has just informed me we're exactly half way through the hiatus, only another 70 days to go. 

Edited by verdana

Essentially, she's made up as Stana Katic.

But that's just it -- Kate Beckett is not Stana Katic.   We are watching the adventures of Castle and Becket, not Fillion and Katic.   If Stana wants to dress like a model in her real life that is fine.   Go for it.   But that doesn't mean Kate Beckett has to dress that way too.   I mean it's not like they had her dressed in fugly clothes in the first season, so Stana cringed when she saw what was presented on the screen.   If she cringed it should be in that fugly fugly fugly couldn't have been destroyed soon enough wedding dress -- which supposedly the glam squad Beckett would have loved, not first season Beckett.   

If she cringed it should be in that fugly fugly fugly couldn't have been destroyed soon enough wedding dress -- which supposedly the glam squad Beckett would have loved, not first season Beckett.

Well actually season 1 Beckett with no fashion sense would have liked the ugly dress and supposedly stylish Beckett wouldn't have.   It would have been funny if they had her pick out the dress and then everyone else - Lanie, Martha, Alexis told her how awful it was and that she couldn't wear it.

They sometimes will still let Beckett wear jeans/leather jackets like she did in earlier season, like at the beginning of ITBOTB. Those work well on her.  Actually, I think almost of all Beckett's lovely jackets/coats work well on her and still look cop-like.

(edited)
Yes it is in their contract that they get to hire their own hair/makeup person and the production budget pays for it. It usually works out fine because the production has to budget for it anyway. This just allows the actor/actress to have the person of their choosing.

Thanks for the clarification, halwideman.  Still, I guess not many male actors take up the offer of hiring their own hair/make up people? Or can they use their share of the budgeted amount towards their assistant etc.?  Or maybe they just choose to save the studio some money heh.

Luke interviewed at that costume exhibition he recently attended with Stana and Molly and his team:

http://laist.com/2014/07/22/new_fidm_exhibition_celebrates_the.php#photo-1

And as for the haute couture wedding dress, Reichle said that thankfully then-showrunner Andrew W. Marlowe gave him a few weeks’ notice. After showing sketches to Marlowe and discussing the dress with Katic, Reichle and team crafted it in their workroom. The gown uses real French silver bullion lace, Austrian crystals and bouillon silver sequins. “The fabric alone in this dress is like $1,200,” Reichle said. “Dior wedding dresses start at $10,000. And knowing what those look like and knowing what we put into this...this is probably in the range of $50,000.”

“In a follow-up episode, the dress is destroyed, but we didn’t destroy a proper dress. What we did is that we took fabric and created a kind of trompe l’oeil mockup of it," he said. “I wasn’t going to let [the crew] near it with a blowtorch!”

What a waste of money imo!  So Marlowe just let him make a haute couture wedding dress costing that much that he knew Beckett would never get married in?  I still question when he knew how the season would end... they obviously thought everyone would share Beckett's awed reaction to the dress, and when it didn't materialise, they went to Plan B.  But that haute couture dress wouldn't have survived the grime and dirt of the burning car scene anyway ;) so they could have ruined it there just as well. 

“The most practical advice I can tell someone is to learn how to take a compliment,” he said. ”And in taking a compliment, ‘Thank you’ is a complete sentence.”

And the lesson in taking criticism? ;)

Edited by madmaverick

All that beautiful expensive fabric and that dress is what came out of it?    And no wonder they run out of money to pay the light bill for kissing scenes when they spend that much on a dress that will never be seen again.

(edited)

Luke interviewed at that costume exhibition he recently attended with Stana and Molly and his team:

http://laist.com/2014/07/22/new_fidm_exhibition_celebrates_the.php#photo-1

What a waste of money imo!  So Marlowe just let him make a haute couture wedding dress costing that much that he knew Beckett would never get married in?  I still question when he knew how the season would end... they obviously thought everyone would share Beckett's awed reaction to the dress, and when it didn't materialise, they went to Plan B.  But that haute couture dress wouldn't have survived the grime and dirt of the burning car scene anyway ;) so they could have ruined it there just as well. 

What a bloody waste and what surprises me is Stana had input too and yet that is what they went for? Because there is no way on God's good earth I'd have wanted to wear that unholy mess. And yeah after that it does make you wonder when Marlowe knew he wouldn't be going through with it, they've got more money than common sense. Jesus. 

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

All that beautiful expensive fabric and that dress is what came out of it?    And no wonder they run out of money to pay the light bill for kissing scenes when they spend that much on a dress that will never be seen again.

I'm kind of sad to learn the actual dress survived.....

halwideman, do you know anything about the awful lighting on kissing scenes? Or the lack of sexy scenes in general? Does Marlowe actually believe that "privacy" crap he's always going on about?

Just me, but as I have said prior, I never thought Castle was a show that was meant to have sex/bed scenes, despite the time it airs. I had said before that I had always seen this show as a modern update of fluff crime shows a la Remington Steele or whatever, even as I watch in spite of not being a 'shipper. The humor and Castle family and NF drew me in.

The tone is definitely more Remington Steele mixed with a dash of Murder She Wrote (except for changed gender there!) than it is, say, the Law & Order franchise or CSI...and even those shows focus on the crimes, not any really personal stuff that needs bed scenes, so there's that. So, let's say it isn't the same tone as The Good Wife or Scandal as far as that goes, too.

Tone makes a show, and Castle seems to be semi-enjoyable fluff (which makes Marlowe's attempts at stark drama all the more cringeworthy, IMO!).

I think it's a good thing that there isn't more sex scenes because I'm not sure the audience could handle it. Just a few seconds of that disgusting strip poker scene where Castle had his pants off and his shirt on was enough to last me for a lifetime.

I wonder if Marlowe put it in Fillion's contract that he must keep his clothes on. Heh.

• Love 1
(edited)
Just me, but as I have said prior, I never thought Castle was a show that was meant to have sex/bed scenes, despite the time it airs.

No, I never expected Scandal-like sex scenes or anything like that.  But I think there's a balance or that they could have some more PG-rated kisses, or just cuddling in bed type scenes.  I don't think what they do is bad, I just was wondering if halwideman's  behind the scenes knowledge included any new insights about that.  The sex/lack of sex on the show has been discussed to death with what we already knew.

When did Nathan get injured? I must have missed that.

Edited by KaveDweller
(edited)

He injured his leg or foot (I can't remember exactly) at one point, I'm sure there was something wrong. He doesn't look very mobile to me, I find he walks rather stiffly like he might be in a bit of pain occasionally and he never runs. Remember the early days when you would see him chasing after suspects with Kate occasionally? That doesn't happen any more and I wonder if that injury could have had a knock on affect when it came to his overall health not to mention keeping fit too. 

Edited by verdana
(edited)

That strip poker scene I always thought it should be shirt off first so it was odd to see him sitting there rather awkwardly placed behind that low table with his trousers off instead. 

Like KaveDweller I never expected Game of Thrones/Scandal style theatrics on Castle in a million years but dear God in heaven why did they drain every last ounce of heat out of them almost as soon as they hooked up? Can they get any more chaste? The show's attitude to sex seems bordering on juvenile at times, they can't seem to handle the subject in a mature way so they practice avoidance wherever possible. What a waste of their chemistry.

Just a quick cuddle, minus the robes and a few other layers of clothing would be nice (rather than seeing them stiffly sitting/laying there in bed, with a huge gap between them, covers firmly pulled neatly up) or a nice long kiss that doesn't look like they've got a stopwatch on it with lighting so dim it could be a couple of pot plants pushed together for all I know.  Oh and a few more hugs please and how about a hand hold now and again or is that too risqué for Castle now?  Lets have them grappling on the sofa a bit more after work and when they do can it not look awkward as hell and make me wonder if I'm doing it wrong. The way Castle holds her at times I'm thinking for Christ's sake man she's not dynamite she won't explode grab on to her properly! 

As for the dialogue being designed to be sexy enough that it's used to replace any actual sexy scenes. Sorry but I don't find their teasing sexy in any way, cute yes even saccharine sweet at times but genuinely sexy? Not really. However, I saw lots of comments during S5 and S6 saying how Caskett steam up the room with their looks and hot teasing so it's all very subjective. But I do miss the heat they briefly had early on in S5 plus the great zippy teasing banter they used to do before they got together. 

Speaking of sexy. "I think there’s nothing sexier than swordplay." Very short clip from Paley 2010 with Stana and Nathan being questioned by Tom Bergeron.  Where did that sexy swordplay go to? It shouldn't have evaporated away, if anything it should have got hotter with the added bonus of Caskett's physical relationship coming into the mix.

Nerd HQ Will Live Stream Exclusive Panels Outside Of San Diego Comic-Con 2014 at International Business Times.

Details for those interested. 

Saturday 26th July

Nathan Fillion (“Castle,” “Firefly”) at 4:15 p.m.

Sunday 27th July 

Nathan Fillion (“Castle,” “Firefly”) at 11:00 a.m.

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

Not sitting 3 feet apart on the couch on in bed would be a start.  My expectations are that low at this point. ;)  Let's start off with some basic caressing and touching 101... ;)

The sexy swordplay has gone into Beckett's kinky box, lost in the privacy of their offscreen bedroom. ;)

I miss the sexy swordplay.  I miss the eye sex.  I miss the actual sex.  

I miss the heat, the desire, the wanting and the yearning.

It's become ironic that Castle created a character named Heat based on Beckett  when there's so little heat in his actual life with Beckett.

The 'sexy' dialogue just comes across as forced and trying too hard now when we never see any actual action approaching even a fraction of that.  It's like teasing a wedding all season without getting to see the actual thing.  Frustrating, not satisfying, but AM obviously doesn't agree. ;)

Did anyone ever imagine that the kisses we'd get before they got together (Always included) would be hotter than the ones after they did?  The ones after seem like something from another universe altogether.

• Love 1

Nathan also has a bad back (had? has?). That came out after someone confirmed it isn't him holding Stana up in the air during that episode with the tiger, if not before then.

So work it into the script.  Stana has to go undercover as a licensed masseuse and needs NF to practice on, She is dressed as one can expect, he is face down on the table, Fade to Black and Bam says the lady you have contact  Can I hear Organic  ☺

(edited)

Heh. I like the way your mind works Tim but sadly I don't think the writers are going to go for it. 

I'd love Kate go undercover again or even Castle, although being a famous writer that might be rather difficult but then as no one seems to recognize him any more it could work. 

Edited by verdana

If they are willing to overlook the implausibility of Beckett, a law enforcement officer, once having been married without her knowledge ;), and to hint at time travel being real ;), then I don't see why they can't have Castle and Beckett on an undercover mission of some sort, perhaps one that actually makes use of Castle's fame.

Stana has to go undercover as a licensed masseuse and needs NF to practice on, She is dressed as one can expect, he is face down on the table,

Ha. Organic enough for me.  Why not?  Sure Beckett will squeeze a little too hard when Castle makes a naughty joke too many.  And then there can be properly sexy payback at home after the job is done.

Remember that episode with Russian Beckett and Castle charming his way to underground poker?  That was fun.  We never get those undercover scenarios any more.  These days when we get undercover stuff it's Beckett in a hot formal dress but dancing with other men, and Castle rolling around with a geisha with moves we never see him do with Beckett.  That's what the show likes to give us now.  Why?  I don't know.  

Remember that episode with Russian Beckett and Castle charming his way to underground poker?  That was fun.  We never get those undercover scenarios any more.  These days when we get undercover stuff it's Beckett in a hot formal dress but dancing with other men, and Castle rolling around with a geisha with moves we never see him do with Beckett.  That's what the show likes to give us now.  Why?  I don't know.  

Hell yes I remember that! Beckett getting quickly changed outside the van, her using the accent to get her past the security guys and then rescue Castle. And in those days he wasn't being portrayed as a total doofus even if he was a bit out of his depth with these mobsters but he was being brave for her and that's what counted.  Now if they did something similar they'd probably having him with some girl in his lap looking like Christmas had arrived early. I believe the Creaseys teased they might be giving Kate another chance to show off her language skills during their episode (7.03?), may be the return of Russian Beckett? I'm intrigued. 

I miss the sexy swordplay.  I miss the eye sex.  I miss the actual sex. 
I miss the heat, the desire, the wanting and the yearning.

What I miss is the sexy theorizing.  I don't get why that stopped after they got together.  We got a couple great moments in Secret's Safe With Me and Murder He wrote, and I don't think we've seen them theorizing since.

• Love 1

I wish someone would ask Marlowe or Amann questions about this kind of thing (the lack of sexy theorizing) than the bland ones they usually get served up. And whilst I know it's in the past now, why has not one interviewer thought fit to ask them about Kate's marriage and that huge plot hole? Surely enough people complained about it. 

I thought Matt at TVLine asked about the FBI background check and Marlowe said they hadn't thought of that.  Or something lame like that.

Someone who tweets needs to tweet Matt about the lack of sexy theorizing thing.  Actually the lack of theorizing in general.  He'll ask real questions like that if he knows fans want them answered.  He doesn't push when Marlowe gives a BS answer though, but I guess he needs to keep on good terms with the guy.

(edited)

Matt did? Oh wow I must have missed that, good for Matt! Although the answer says it all that they didn't think, yeah that's a common problem on this show. But that plot hole was so so bad to admit you didn't think about it when it was such an obvious problem believability wise that's showing a depressing lack of care.  

I like Matt, he does seem to be one of the very few critics that regularly follow the show who makes more of an effort but I think you're right you can only go so far. Can't bite the hand that feeds you so to speak.

Edited by verdana

Ooooh scruff! Love it, may be fans needs to start creating the same kind of fuss over that as they did over Kate not wearing her ring because that worked - eventually. 

It's become ironic that Castle created a character named Heat based on Beckett  when there's so little heat in his actual life with Beckett.

There was more heat between them when they were about to be eaten by a tiger.

There is a difference between sex and intimacy. Castle and Beckett have lost both! You'd think the way these two innuendo'd each other to death about sex and their sexual past .. we'd get more! I'm not asking for Scandal-esque sex scenes either but I can expect a couple to act like one.  Scandal has hot sex scenes, true, but they also have some of the most intimate scenes between their lead couple that I've ever seen on primetime, daytime, and the bvig screen.  There was the famous one minute scene between Olivia and Fitz where they didn't speak, but just looked at each other and just were for a whole minute. More intimacy and passion in that scene than anything I've ever seen & they didn't even touch. Same for the elevator scene!  

Nathan and Stana still have wonderful chemistry. I don't need Castle and Beckett screwing on every available surface but what I do want is passion and intimacy and for them to act like a couple, engaged, soon-to-be married, and in love. It's like when they got together the spark died! Marlowe & his team can do better than this. Most are married .. conjour up some of that into your characters! 

• Love 3

My guess is they are trying to promote that new ABC show with the actor who played Vaughn, Ioan Gruffuld.

But nope, nothing is ever going to induce me to watch that episode again.

Edited by madmaverick