Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E08: Black and Blue

Jaded
  • Start Topic

The stakes become personal for Atwater during Intelligence's investigation of a drug dealer suspected of homicide.

While the Chicago Police Department works to take down a drug lord, Atwater faces a difficult decision between doing what's necessary in order to solve a young dealer's murder and doing what's ultimately best for the community.

Damn they put my man Atwater through it. Such a good dude with a big heart and that chick laid one hell of a guilt trip on him. Being black and being a cop that can be a hell of an internal conflict. I hope his decision at the end doesn't come back to haunt him. They finally give Atwater a lover interest and this is the outcome? lol

Edited by mommalib
  • Love 7

Every Atwater centric episode has been excellent and this was no exception.

He had amazing chemistry with that actress and I feel it was totally wasted by making her a one off. She really would have made a good cop some day. It would have been nice to see her dating Kevin, going through cop school, etc.

• Love 7

Damn That was a level 10 guilt trip she laid on kev... She threw the kitchen sink at him... I get she was upset.. But what exactly was She expecting him to do...  Another strong Atwater epi.. Of course his "love interest" Is a one episode ex gangbanger gf whos carted off to jail... Woulda been nice to see somebody talk to kev about this emotional roller coaster he was on

Edited by UNOSEZ
Typos
  • Love 7
On 11/15/2018 at 8:47 AM, UNOSEZ said:

Damn That was a level 10 guilt trip she laid on kev... She threw the kitchen sin at him... I get she was upset.. But what exactly was She expecting him to do...  Another strong Atwater epi.. Of course his "love interest" I a one episode ex gangbanger gf whos carter off to jail... Woulda been nice to see somebody talk to kev about this emotional roller coaster hewas on

Yeah I wonder why Kev didn't get the pep talk that white dudes be getting about how great they are. It was like he was on an island by himself.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, mommalib said:

Yeah I wonder why Kev didn't get the pep talk that white dudes be getting about how great they are. It was like he was on an island by himself.

I'm choosing to believe it's because Atwater has a spine and the ability to deal, while Jay and Adam are whiney wimps who can't walk across the street with out having a crisis.

• Love 5
40 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

I'm choosing to believe it's because Atwater has a spine and the ability to deal, while Jay and Adam are whiney wimps who can't walk across the street with out having a crisis.

Even if that's the case the end result is less screentime for Atwater and another member o the team... He barely speaks to Jay or Antonio.. Even less to upton... Other than the episode with the ride along him and Kim haven't had many heart to hearts.. 

• Love 4

I wish Atwater would get more screen time, but I am glad the writers haven't taken him down Jay, Adam, or Voight's paths.

Atwater throwing the gun in the river is completely different than committing cold blooded murder like Voight has.  He may regret it at some point, but Atwater is still a better man than the idiots he works with.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Guildford said:

Nah it seemed like Atwater got into their stash of idiot pills this week.....it's okay, they've all swallowed handfuls of them at some stage. His turn had to come.

(None of them are as bad a Voight, or even close.)

Atwater is still far more sympathetic than the rest of them though.

• Love 4

All the Atwater-centric episodes are always so good, and showcases a great character. It amazes me how little screen time he gets. He should have more of a part of most of the episodes. Instead, they want to constantly show the stupid Upton-Ruzek relationship, or focus on Jay or Antonio all the time. LaRoyce Hawkins can act, and he deserves to be able to showcase it more, instead of just being a footnote, or a token undercover because he's black. I hope Atwater takes his detective exam.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, WinJet0819 said:

All the Atwater-centric episodes are always so good, and showcases a great character. It amazes me how little screen time he gets. He should have more of a part of most of the episodes. Instead, they want to constantly show the stupid Upton-Ruzek relationship, or focus on Jay or Antonio all the time. LaRoyce Hawkins can act, and he deserves to be able to showcase it more, instead of just being a footnote, or a token undercover because he's black. I hope Atwater takes his detective exam.

I agree...also Paddy can act and deserves more than having Ruzek dragged down by relationship drama and that half assed Woods storyline that was randomly dropped in favour of the 'let's kill Al' storyline.

Take me back to the early 'Ruzwater' times, those two played so well off each other and were a well balanced partnership, it was a great bromance. Prison Ball, the Ruzwater UC in prison episode is still one the of the best episodes they've done.

• Love 2

You who Kevin is in this show?

Hoss Cartwright.

Think about it. The gentle giant who is always in good humor who could squash you like a bug if he got pissed off. He is often overlooked and gets more than his share of the crap because of his good nature. Plus whenever he gets a love interest in an episode something happens to her so they can’t be together.

I am really gonna be freaked out if his next lady friend gets killed in a tragic buggy accident or gets run over by a horse.

Nothing is ever new in episodic television created by hacks like Dick Wolf.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4