Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E06: Trust

wknt3
  • Start Topic

Eddie and her new partner, Maya, clash with Jamie on the job when they fail to intervene in a public dispute at a convenience store. Also, Danny and Baez investigate the death of a college freshman at a fraternity party, and Frank battles a lawsuit when a sergeant accuses the department of reverse racism and ageism.

(edited)

I really liked them mixing things up a bit this week by putting Anthony and Henry together. It's nice when they give Len Cariou something to do and remember that Henry is a tremendously accomplished and skilled individual. I would love if they mixed up the supporting cast a little bit more since they are so talented and it makes a by the numbers episode like this one feel fresher. I just wish that they didn't spend so much time on the Jamie and Eddie stuff since I just can't suspend disbelief and it's annoying that they finally listened to us and let Jamie have an opportunity for character development and just waste it on the same dumb relationship stuff with a layer of unbelievability and inappropriateness on top. If this was a better written show I'd be worried that they were setting us up to hit the reset button and bust Jamie down or have him take a demotion so he can be partners with Eddie again, but I don't think they'd allow a Reagan to be that wrong and suffer lasting consequences or actually have an arc fully planned out and follow through.

Edited by wknt3
autocorrect fail
  • Love 9

Well, how much longer until somebody at the new precinct finally puts two and two together? And did I get that right - Jamie has no problems using his fiancée as his informant? I mean they did word it a bit more diplomatically but ultimately that's what it comes down to. Urgh, that plot-line can't be over fast enough.

I thought this episode was over-stuffed with plots. Both the hazing case and the nursing home plot deserved more time and attention. Frank's plot could have been fitted into any given episode that was in need of some beefing up.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Magnumfangirl said:

The officers at Jamie's precinct must be the dumbest cops in New York!  How have they not figured what's going on with the Sarge and Eddie? 

You would think so, but I've heard about couples in real life (not a police station) doing this and succeeding for some time at least. They can't pull it off forever though. Sooner or later someone is going to figure it out.

It's been great to see Jamie dealing with his new position, because it gives us a chance to see what Frank was like rising through the ranks. Jamie is Frank's mini-me. Having Eddie at the same precinct is a horrible idea for so many reasons. I hope the characters realize it's a bad idea, or Eddie gets an amazing opportunity at another precinct and Jamie can't stand in her way just so they can be together. He has never wanted her to sacrifice her career for thier relationship. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, MissLucas said:

I thought this episode was over-stuffed with plots. Both the hazing case and the nursing home plot deserved more time and attention. Frank's plot could have been fitted into any given episode that was in need of some beefing up.

Exactly!  That's what happens when the writers do 4 story lines per episode.  Was an official investigation ever opened on the nursing home?  Medicare fraud is a huge problem.  That doctor ( or fake doctor) needed to be taken down ASAP.  But no, Anthony just brought his mother to live with him. 

Did Danny ever get in touch with Jack?  The unanswered calls were mentioned more than once, but no resolution.  I know he  was ok, but still...

I think the show was much more effective when there were only 3 plots per episode and everyone shows up for Sunday dinner.

• Love 7

Too many story lines.

Love they are having more stories with Anthony. The relationship of Erin and Anthony is not a good one.

I like Jamie and Eddie as a couple but the dynamic of him as her sergeant is getting old quick.

The hazing and promotion of the female were a waste of time.

• Love 1

How is Eddie's partner going to feel when she finds out that Eddie and Jamie are engaged? Supremely duped, for one thing. This is just a horrible storyline and kinda ruins the whole show for me. Especially when other stories are given short shrift for this unbelievable Jamie/Eddie drama. 

The Danny / Baez murder of the week has to be set up and wrapped up so quickly, in so few scenes, they are not compelling stories anymore.

Feels like this show has run out of juice.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, Woodrose said:

How is Eddie's partner going to feel when she finds out that Eddie and Jamie are engaged? Supremely duped, for one thing. This is just a horrible storyline and kinda ruins the whole show for me. Especially when other stories are given short shrift for this unbelievable Jamie/Eddie drama. 

It's sort of character assassination for Jamie.  He's always been so by-the-book and now that he's the boss, he's throwing all that out the window.  It makes no sense.  The entire precinct is going to resent both of them when they find out.  

• Love 5
15 hours ago, hookedontv said:

Anthony’s a complicated guy. He wears a Rolex and has a beautiful apartment in NYC, yet drives an old, beat up car...

This is a function of TV and not the real world. No way on his salary could he afford a Rolex and an uptown apartment. Driving the old beater is realistic, not the other stuff.

6 minutes ago, Magnumfangirl said:

It's sort of character assassination for Jamie.  He's always been so by-the-book and now that he's the boss, he's throwing all that out the window.  It makes no sense.  The entire precinct is going to resent both of them when they find out.  

I disagree. He took the shop keeper at his word until he found out the entire story. The right thing was to suspend or give different duty assignments until he got crystal clean information to exonerate Jamie and her partner.

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, CaptainCranky said:

I disagree. He took the shop keeper at his word until he found out the entire story. The right thing was to suspend or give different duty assignments until he got crystal clean information to exonerate Jamie and her partner.

I didn't mean the story about the shop owner  and the illegal kid.  I mean the more general story of Jamie and Eddie working together and keeping their relationship  a secret when he knows it's not really above board is not something Jamie would have done in the past.

Edited by Magnumfangirl
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Magnumfangirl said:

Maybe that is what they are going for.: Want them to be found out by the others and then let the shit hit the fan.  Maybe get even with both of them since it has been said that the 29 is full of a-holes.

I do agree with the poster that Danny and Maria's crime stories get too much screen time.  I think they could cut out a segment and give that to another storyline to develop it more.  For this episode, maybe a call with Jack or scene between Jaime and Frank (or Erin) so Jaime can ask advice. 

I am also glad Jamie didn't give Eddie preferential treatment for this episode and that Eddie didn't make a big deal out of it either.  She accepted his reprimand, even though she didn't like it.  If she would have made a big deal out of it, Eddie would have been eaten alive here.

Also Sergeants don't always stay indoors.  They go out in the street too.

Edited by dirtydi
4 hours ago, Magnumfangirl said:
15 hours ago, Woodrose said:

Yes, the shit will hit the fan, completely predictably -- and Jamie and Eddie must both know this. What is the possible end-game they foresee for their personal little IAB spy operation in Jamie's new precinct?

And why have Frank and Danny gone silent on this issue? Did Eddie transfer in without the knowledge of the PC? Are Jamie and Eddie keeping this a secret from the family, as well as the rest of the precinct?

This is not just character assassination, it's character obliteration for half the cast. I don't know these people, don't recognize the department they are working in.

• Love 1

Another problem with the Jamie and Eddie secret relationship in their new precinct: 5 other officers transferred in with Jamie from their former precinct, at his request. They all know Jamie and Eddie were partners and close friends, even if they don't know about the engagement. They don't have any reason to keep their knowledge of Jamie and Eddie's friendship quiet. 

This storyline of Eddie working under Jamie and spying on her coworkers has as much plausibility as the PC's son going undercover with the mob, while wearing his blues on the street doing his dayjob.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Magnumfangirl said:

I didn't mean the story about the shop owner  and the illegal kid.  I mean the more general story of Jamie and Eddie working together and keeping their relationship  a secret when he knows it's not really above board is not something Jamie would have done in the past.

That makes sense. What the producers and writers are trying to change Jamie into some hardass which most views won't buy into.

On 11/3/2018 at 3:39 PM, 3 is enough said:

Exactly!  That's what happens when the writers do 4 story lines per episode.  Was an official investigation ever opened on the nursing home?  Medicare fraud is a huge problem.  That doctor ( or fake doctor) needed to be taken down ASAP.  But no, Anthony just brought his mother to live with him. 

I thought the place was being shut down and we saw a bit of that with Anthony and Henry in the car. I thought Anthony's mother was moving in with him because the nursing home was being shut down. 

21 hours ago, hookedontv said:

Anthony’s a complicated guy. He wears a Rolex and has a beautiful apartment in NYC, yet drives an old, beat up car...

My guess is he spent the family money on the watch and the apartment, and he doesn't care about what kind of car he drives. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Sarah 103 said:

I thought the place was being shut down and we saw a bit of that with Anthony and Henry in the car. I thought Anthony's mother was moving in with him because the nursing home was being shut down. 

Could be.  If so, I didn't catch it.  But like so many other episodes this season there just isn't enough time to properly tie up all of the plot lines at the end of the episode.

23 hours ago, hookedontv said:

Driving an old car is probably how he can afford the apartment and watch lol!

• Love 2
10 hours ago, shksabelle said:

I was waiting for Danny and Baez to run into some of the L&O:SVU team at good old Hudson U. 

I was surprised they used Hudson in a non-Dick Wolf drama but did chuckle. 

Hudson U: As seen on Law and Order!  (tm Kimmy Schmidt.)

The only thing I really liked was Henry 1) actually DID something and 2) teamed up with Anthony who is slowly becoming my favourite secondary character.  I agree that having 4 separate story lines is too much to absorb.  I feel this would have been more interesting had it been expanded on more.  Danny's has been played out on Law and Order (at Hudson U no less) more times than I care to count.

Finally, is the 2-9 seriously one of the worst precincts or just one of the dumbest if they were not able to catch on already?

• Love 3
On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 4:51 PM, 3 is enough said:

Could be.  If so, I didn't catch it.  But like so many other episodes this season there just isn't enough time to properly tie up all of the plot lines at the end of the episode.

Erin looked into it, & said the place was on an open investigation already.