Type keyword(s) to search

S05:E09: Courage

Now Burke! I can't take anymore of this! I had a feeling he was done tonight when he gave that video message. Why was on the mission anyway? Isn't he the XO of the ship?

Miller has been close to a window all this time and never noticed the NJ was gone. 

Nice to see the southern girl has stayed with him through his difficult time.

Where were they hiding the USS Michner? I don't believe it was at the Mayport attack. I didn't see any planes or helicopters on it's deck.

Green wants to leave service and be at home with family but wouldn't that mean Kara would have to give up command? How often does she see the kid? 

These cards are amazing! Now Tavo has no generals to lead a war. Good job Chochita!

What a waste of Hector's story. The writers clearly bailed on it. 

As always: Sasha looked tremendous!

It would have been helpful if they told us how much time has passed and not just put up "Summer".

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

It would have been helpful if they told us how much time has passed and not just put up "Summer".

Someone did mention 'months', but yeah, just saying '"Summer" was kind of stupid and lazy by the writers.

The Last Season death pool continues to increase -- now Burk.

Agreed that unless his girlfriend was blocking his view, how in the heck did Miller not notice that the NJ had left ?

I can't wait until someone wipes that smug look off of Tavo's significant other -- my money is on Sasha.

We all collectively thought Hector must have had a thing with Tavo's SO, with the long looks between them but it turns out to be nothing.

Is Chandler losing it and just hearing the battleship ?  Kind of like all the other times he has had visions, etc.

Green was having a pretty bad day -- not only wants to quit, but ended up killing a child on the patrol boat and losing Burk.

1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

Where were they hiding the USS Michner? I don't believe it was at the Mayport attack. I didn't see any planes or helicopters on it's deck.

The Michener was part of the fleet that Slattery was commanding in Episode 1 -- aircraft carrier and 4 destroyers (including the NJ).  And the Michener was hit during the attack at Mayport.

• Love 3

I seem to remember in a recent episode, but after Kelsie killed Granderson, where Ensign Swain appeared to be in cahoots with Kelsie.  He’d gotten some kind of message from her at his work station, entered something, then smiled a smirky smile.  I’ve not seen any follow-up to that unless I missed it.  Thought for sure he was involved in Kelsie’s mission. The camera does zoom in on him from time to time.  I still think there’s something to it. 

And, how does Chandler have time to dye his hair? Looking at photos from earlier seasons it is mostly gray.  (Probably like Sasha has time to do her make-up)

I’ll actually be glad when the series is over.  I enjoyed the first few seasons but this last one, and the last, were more than convoluted.  They really didn’t have to kill off the good guys.  Will Chandler even make it to the end? 

How long has it been until the summer that they finally got the Michener operational? 

Miller was so in the zone while working out next to a window that he never noticed the Nathan James was gone.

How far was the patrol from the shoreline that Azima saw Burk die in Danny's arms? In other news, she finally had more than two lines in a whole episode. 

Danny lost another friend. You got to feel for the guy at this point. If he and Kara both survive next episode, and I sincerely hope at they do, he hopefully gets another chance with her and Frankie. The guy deserves his happy ending. 

I don't know but I found it funny that Sasha's questioning the sonar guy if heard it right. Because Sasha is an expert in everything right now. But damn if her hair didn't look good. Even on the eve of D-Day, her hair is so Hollywood.

The two deaths were pretty tough. I had my money on Hector being the one to kill Tavo and on Burk being one of the few who would survive until the end. Burk's actually one of my favorite characters after Danny Green so that was rough for me. At this rate, they would probably be killing of everyone by the end of the finale.

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Agreed that unless his girlfriend was blocking his view, how in the heck did Miller not notice that the NJ had left ?

And no one visited him to say goodbye?!

I can't wait until someone wipes that smug look off of Tavo's significant other -- my money is on Sasha.

And set fire to her cards.

The Michener was part of the fleet that Slattery was commanding in Episode 1 -- aircraft carrier and 4 destroyers (including the NJ).  And the Michener was hit during the attack at Mayport.

Thanks. They sure can repair ships quickly. 

I don't remember: Is Burke's brother still alive?

Edited by mxc90

Doc, Burke, Granderson, Meylan. . . now I'm worried about Jeter. Seriously though, they are mowing down the POC who have served on the Nathan James this season. And I'm not happy about it.

If it were more than one episode left, I'd be out.

• Love 1

A "few hundred" Marines are going to take all of Gran Colombia!  No air cover.  No advance munitions beyond the beach.  Hopefully, they will each have a single grenade, as Barney Fife might.

Hector was utterly ignorant of the purge of his generals.  Seriously?  No shock that he had zero situational awareness and refused to kill Tavo when he had a momentary opportunity.  Putz.

Odds we get to hear, "You sunk my battleship!"?   Great commercial.  Great game.

Well, Green had his Chief Joseph moment (I will fight no more forever.).  Do we believe him?

Did the president just give Chandler full reign to plan and run the invasion?  After what happened?  Then again, who is president?

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

Hector was utterly ignorant of the purge of his generals.  Seriously?  No shock that he had zero situational awareness and refused to kill Tavo when he had a momentary opportunity.  Putz.

Who the hell is stupid enough to start a coup with a show of hands?

• Love 2
15 hours ago, preeya said:

I had a feeling he was going to die. He's a surgeon now on New Amsterdam.

I don't watch New Amsterdam. Is it any good or is it a fate worse than death for poor, hapless Burk?

Edited by Ebau

Why is everyone dying?  It's annoying; I Burk's death was unexpectedly moving.  "God damn, Danny" :((

At the beginning of the season, I was thinking maybe no one would die, wtf.  They better kill off Chandler now.

Too much time spent on bloviating bad guys.  Maybe I'm just cranky.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, raven said:

They better kill off Chandler now.

I've been thinking about that and I think killing Chandler off is a good idea. Unfortunately, I don't think it will happen. What I do think is that, after the battle is won (and we're all pretty confident about that, aren't we?), Chandler will walk away from everything - the Navy, Annapolis, and Sasha. Didn't he bail at the end of season three after Tex died and he killed Blond Bitch Lady? Wasn't his reason for leaving because of all of the killing he'd had to do (a true WTF? thing for a career military man to say) since the plague? I think he's sick and tired of all of the drama and trauma associated with conflict, and wants to live a peaceful, quiet existence, which is exactly the opposite of what Sasha wants. She thrives on that shit. They should make her President and let her spend the next four years bitch-slapping every other country into submission; her campaign could be financed by Max Factor.

That's what I think should happen. But, of course, it won't. But I don't see a happily-ever-after, either. And I think the James is gonna come to grief, along with most of her crew.

Addendum: I just looked in over at Reddit and someone there posted next week's previews, at the end of which a woman's voice said, "I'll see you when I see you," which someone else pointed out that those were the same words (the last words, actually) that Rachel spoke to Chandler just before she was killed. In fact, it sounded like Rachel's voice.

Anybody wanna speculate?

Edited by Ebau
On 11/4/2018 at 8:33 PM, ChiliCrab said:

How far was the patrol from the shoreline that Azima saw Burk die in Danny's arms?

Inside of the ship's cabin, no less.  And, since they were all dropped off by helo, how far out did they have to swim to make it back to the Nathan James, which is presumably out of sight somewhere.  All while dragging a dead body, no less.  Someone should have told them that the invasion will result in more than enough dead bodies for transport, and they could have left Burke's body hidden on the beach.

I think Tavo will be done in by his girlfriend.  Just before she does it, he will give an anguished cry of "Porque???"  At that point Sasha will enter the room with a case full of makeup, and Concha will say "I had a better offer."  Fade to black.

On 11/4/2018 at 10:43 PM, Lonesome Rhodes said:

zero situational awareness

Action television has always been populated with people Too Stoopid To Live.  Didn't Hector ever see The Godfather?

On 11/4/2018 at 9:33 PM, ottoDbusdriver said:

We all collectively thought Hector must have had a thing with Tavo's SO, with the long looks between them but it turns out to be nothing.

I would have bet money that Conchita would have had Hector kill Gustavo and the two would sail off into the sunset.

Who was the bald guy slurping soup at the banquet table who looked like a Chernobyl mutant?