Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E04: Love All, Trust A Few

Dee
  • Start Topic

The Lyon family works to get back in their groove with a brand-new project underway. As Cookie and Portia attempt to sign Devon, who has just the sound they're looking for, Andre tries to prove himself useful to Lucious on the business side of things. Not having heard from Kai, Jamal panics and looks back at their history together. At Empire, the new management entangles itself with a dangerous tie from the Lyon family's past.

What they're doing with Andre is interesting. His time in prison has made him tougher and willing to do more than even Lucious in the name of the family business.

Loved the Devon/Cookie storyline. Is he LFM's very first client.

Also enjoy Mama Dubois being back in the mix. Lyons better watch out.

Poor Jamal. He has the worst love luck.

So they're going there with Tiana and Blake. Interesting.

Next episode looks good.

• Love 2

Does Becky live with Jamal?  I noticed she enters without knocking so she must have a key, and she was eating cereal there.

I bet that face cream Mama DuBois wanted explodes when mixed with something and she is going to use it to bust out of prison.

• Love 2

Portia hiring interns was awesome.

Cookie's "Y'all better not have sticky fingers. I know what I got in my house!" line cracked me up. I have relatives who will definitely say stuff something like that.

Becky's relationship with the Lyons is interesting; even though they're technically rivals deep down she still cares about them and vice versa.

10 hours ago, Fen Tiger said:

Mama DuBois and her face cream killed me. 

I need that face cream!

• Love 2

Isn't it due to the death of the lovely Boo Boo Kitty?

Becky had on a baaaaaaaad wrap dress, the one where she was comforting Jamal over Kai.  

Thanks to radio DJ's in the past, I cain't look at Mario without cracking the hell up.....one said his nostrils were larger than Vivian Vance's (Ethel Mertz from I Love Lucy) and that you could put bowling balls up his nostrils; messed me up ever since.

Loving bad-assed Andre, finally got something to do!

1 minute ago, Vixenstud said:

Yep. Andre drugged her and that led to her death. I think he was in for involuntary manslaughter since he never intended to kill her but his actions are the reason she fell and died.

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I'm confused about one thing.  Why was Andre in prison?  

He was caught spiking Anika's drink and sentenced to two years for reckless endangerment.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Dee said:

He was caught spiking Anika's drink and sentenced to two years for reckless endangerment.

Thank you.  I didn't think anybody saw him do it.

Lucious is covered in blood?

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 1

I loved this episode, this season continues to be great. I think watching the episode gave us a better sense of how they will establish their new company. I love the addition of Devon, it seems as though his story will make the Lyons reflect more on their lives, in the sense that they need each other in this struggle that they are experiencing, more so now, than ever. 

Kai and Jamal, the whole storyline seems so heartbreaking. I hope something good will eventually happen for Jamal. I loved that Andre came home, and he may be a lot of help to his father in this new role that he has, since prison has made him stronger. I loved that Hakeem and Tiana were able to have a moment together in this episode. I have to agree with someone who said that Hakeem has experienced a lot since the shooting, but he definitely needs to get some help from a respiratory therapist. And I also agree that the writers are focusing more on Hakeem's love life, and his family, more than him wanting to have Empire. I'm still not sure about Blake and Tiana.  It seems like the writers are heading for a relationship with them. Will Hakeem fight for his family, or will this possibly be the end for Takeem? It will be interesting going forward, but I don't want to see Takeem possibly break up for good, but we shall see what happens in two weeks.

Edited by journalism16
  • Love 2

The stuff with Andre is certainly interesting, he might actually be more quick to crime than his father now, and thats really saying something. Being in jail really changed stuff for him, although its not like breaking the law is something out of the ordinary for him. He was just less hands on before. 

Its really interesting seeing Becky technically being on a different team than the Lyons, but still wanting to support them and caring about their well being, and vice versa. Normally when they're sided against someone, its pretty clearly drawn lines. 

Poor Jamal, he is so unlucky in love. And kind of just in general. 

Oh snap, Mama DuBois is back in the game! Her and her face cream are out for blood!

• Love 2

Looks like Nicole Ari Parker dropped some weight.  She looks more like her old self, circa Soul Food, my fav.  

I can't look at Mario and not remember his song Let Me Love You. When that song was big, I had a guy that I felt was too young for me putting the full court press on me.  He was constantly sending me that song. Now it's become an unwanted earworm again (thanks Empire).

I love Jussie Smollett so much.  I saw him on the Harry show and appears to be the same way as he is on Empire. Very talented, sweet and soft spoken.  I hope he's not up for more heartache on the show.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Vixenstud said:

Becky had on a baaaaaaaad wrap dress, the one where she was comforting Jamal over Kai.  

Thanks to radio DJ's in the past, I cain't look at Mario without cracking the hell up.....one said his nostrils were larger than Vivian Vance's (Ethel Mertz from I Love Lucy) and that you could put bowling balls up his nostrils; messed me up ever since.

Loving bad-assed Andre, finally got something to do!

Omg that's where I know him from.  It was driving me crazy all day.  He kinda looks like Chris Rock, who played Frank in season 2, which weirded me out.  I kept expecting Frieda to show up or something.  Lol but now ya'll got me thinking about that poor boy's nose.  

I do have to say Post Lockup Andre is pretty hot.  He seems to get better every season.

• Love 2