Type keyword(s) to search

Galavant Anticipation

It's a four week run, but it's 8 half-hour episodes.

It's ABC, they are running it Sunday nights before the February sweeps, and they are doubling up.  Hopefully they will run the whole thing as scheduled.  The Assets last year got scheduled, yanked, and re-scheduled twice, an 8 episode series with the last four episodes being burned up two at a time on each of two August Sunday afternoons, seven and a half months after the premiere.  SyFy just burned off a six hour miniseries that was supposed to be the next BSG in three consecutive nights, in December.  Doubling up is usually a bad sign.

However, the promos for this, and the guest line up, and every rune I can find indicates a good, funny series.  It has much better optics then Selfie, which turned out to be a really good series about three minutes after it was cancelled.  Fifty-fifty Galavant runs the course as currently scheduled.

I'm watching the 'Making of' special and now I'm really looking forward to this show.

Timothy Omundson seems awesome as expected.  Joshua Sasse is very charismatic and funny.

We are going to need a quotes thread.  Seriously, any show that puts the gag reel in the 'making of' special has won me over before the first episode.

• Love 1

I'll give this one a shot. I used to like "When Things Were Rotten", the Mel Brooks sitcom about Robin Hood, back in the 70's, so this may be a throw-back to that silliness.

It's too bad that they're doubling up episodes, though. Either ABC couldn't figure out what show to pair with it, or they just don't have faith in the premise itself.

To the common list of comparisons:

• Monty Python / Holy Grail / Spamalot
  • Princess Bride
  • Robin Hood: Men in Tights / When Things Were Rotten

I hope people someday remember to add:

• Kröd Mändoon and the Flaming Sword of Fire

(well, it had no singing, but I liked it.)

Edited by KDeFlane

I'm ridiculously excited about this show, especially because I plan to watch with Beadboy2 who loves both silliness and knights in shining armor.  Both The Princess Bride and Monty Python's Holy Grail are staples in our house (to which I must add Robin Hood: Men in Tights, I just realized).

It's too bad that they're doubling up episodes, though. Either ABC couldn't figure out what show to pair with it, or they just don't have faith in the premise itself.

I could understand the first two being doubled.  But are they ALL being doubled?  Jeez. If so, that's practically the kiss of death for a show.

It's 8 half hour shows that are going to run for four weeks, how else do you expect them to be shown if they aren't doubled up?

A choice was made to get the show out of the way within a single month.  The show certainly wasn't produced with "being off the air within a month" in mind.

A choice was made to get the show out of the way within a single month.  The show certainly wasn't produced with "being off the air within a month" in mind.

I thought it was event programming until they started talking about half hour episodes.  Eight is not a normal mid season order.  I assume they rethought scheduling during filming since they have this scheduled to avoid Feb sweeps.

I thought it was event programming until they started talking about half hour episodes.  Eight is not a normal mid season order.  I assume they rethought scheduling during filming since they have this scheduled to avoid Feb sweeps.

I believe from the beginning it was ordered to fill part of Once Upon A Time's hiatus.