Type keyword(s) to search

S37: Kara Kay

Netta Leven
  • Start Topic

It is not easy to become a professional cheerleader. There is a lot of training and hard work involved. Kind of like someone being proud of being a professional football player or soccer player. She doesn't get paid much and she doesn't get the same lime light but it is still an elite group of people who make their way to being a professional cheerleader.

• Love 3
On 11/30/2018 at 12:56 AM, KimberStormer said:

I am jealous of Kara's island hair.  It's going to be very disappointing at the reunion, or even just at Ponderosa, I just know it.

I don't necessarily like it, but I'm fascinated by it. There's just SO much of it, is that all her own hair? I'm very curious to see it when it's clean and fixed up. 

In any other season, Kara would be a favorite, she's incredibly smooth socially and very strong without seeming to draw any of the "challenge threat" heat, but I just like so many people this season that she's somewhere in the middle. 

She seems to have a really good understanding of the game (her incredulous "you're saying this in front of ME?" when Carl so casually blabbed about the Davids targeting Alison was hilarious), but she's not in a good position in this particular season. If she doesn't make it here, I wouldn't mind seeing what she could do in another season. 

• Love 4

Kara is getting a light edit. It isn't purple but it also isn't Christian. She was more visible than Allison though. She falls somewhere in the middle. She seems okay but I still don't know enough about her except for wanting Dan out for some reason. I do agree she has lots of hair and somehow is swept to the side. Is there a salon on the island that I'm unware of? LOL!!!! I also think she won't look as good at the reunion. They never do. Both the men and mostly the woman always look better on the island then at the reunion. Sometimes on the jury some come in looking FAB. I always think it's funny when the remaining players see the jury all cleaned up and are like, "Damn fine!". LOL!!!!

• Love 1

My favorite thing about Kara's hair is that when she french braids it, one side is perfect and the other side is all cattywampus -- which is exactly how my hair looks when I braid it on both sides -- only the right side looks good because I'm right handed.   

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, Special K said:

My favorite thing about Kara's hair is that when she french braids it, one side is perfect and the other side is all cattywampus -- which is exactly how my hair looks when I braid it on both sides -- only the right side looks good because I'm right handed.   

So rare to get to use ‘cattywumpus’ correctly in a sentence.  :)

• Love 3

It seems ages ago when she was pals with Natalia. She seemed like a fun character but I think Kara would have become her minon which isn't a good look. The pre merge and pre jury people always seem like a lifetime ago.

• Love 1
On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 11:41 AM, ProfCrash said:

It is not easy to become a professional cheerleader. There is a lot of training and hard work involved. Kind of like someone being proud of being a professional football player or soccer player. She doesn't get paid much and she doesn't get the same lime light but it is still an elite group of people who make their way to being a professional cheerleader.

I know there's lots of competition and some of the women have serious dance training, but to me it's demeaning to themselves and their art.  Most of them only make minimum wage and are expected to turn up for free  to dinners and parties  like Playmates at the mansion. The difficult cheerleading routines they did in high school are sidelined for routines that are all about sexy body display.   The last I read over 70% of them have implants and the others are pressured to get them. Surgery for cheerleading?  I see nothing about it that makes it  comparable to a sport, much less an elite one, just a bunch of young women allowing themselves to be exploited.

But that's just something she did in the past.  I'm actually more impressed with Kara every week. She is tough as nails in those endurance challenges, she managed to get rid of Dan before he ruined her entire game, everyone seems to like her and there's not much talk of her being a big threat.  She may actually win this thing.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

I know there's lots of competition and some of the women have serious dance training, but to me it's demeaning to themselves and their art.  Most of them only make minimum wage and are expected to turn up for free  to dinners and parties  like Playmates at the mansion. The difficult cheerleading routines they did in high school are sidelined for routines that are all about sexy body display.   The last I read over 70% of them have implants and the others are pressured to get them. Surgery for cheerleading?  I see nothing about it that makes it  comparable to a sport, much less an elite one, just a bunch of young women allowing themselves to be exploited.

But that's just something she did in the past.  I'm actually more impressed with Kara every week. She is tough as nails in those endurance challenges, she managed to get rid of Dan before he ruined her entire game, everyone seems to like her and there's not much talk of her being a big threat.  She may actually win this thing.

Yeah, I don't really get the appeal of being a pro cheerleader for those reasons. I knew one in college and she was not able to eat much of anything, couldn't drink, and a lot of the events she went to sounded like they were nothing but displays for drunken lecherous men (as were the games themselves). IF they were paid on a scale even close to the pro athletes, I could maybe understand it, but it sounds like a of work and bullshit for the pittance it pays.

I really like Kara too, her social skills are amazing in a low-key way. She has the friend-making skills of Parvati without the mean girl flip side, so she can fly further under the radar. 

But I'm not sure I think she can win simply because of her edit so far. She gets screen time, she's not invisible, but so far, she's not integral to the storylines either. The only one who has less of a role in the overall arc so far is Alison, who seems like a dead man walking unless the Davids continue to eat each other. 

I'm curious to see what Kara's role becomes as we get toward the end because I'm currently not sure where her alliances are and how strong they are. She could certainly play spoiler to the Davids' plans through immunity wins and in a season with a bitter jury, she could win based on likability alone, but this season definitely does not appear to be have bitter jurors at all. 

• Love 1

I don’t understand cheerleading myself but it is still a huge accomplishment to be a cheerleader on a professional football teams squad. They get paid like crap and their lives are massivly regulated but some people love it and are excited to be involved. I can see why Kara lists it as an acomplishment. It is not for me but there are those who disagree.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

I'm curious to see what Kara's role becomes as we get toward the end because I'm currently not sure where her alliances are and how strong they are. She could certainly play spoiler to the Davids' plans through immunity wins and in a season with a bitter jury, she could win based on likability alone, but this season definitely does not appear to be have bitter jurors at all. 

I think she'll end up being an easy vote. A lot seem to think she has a great social game, but imo she doesn't appear to have any close bonds with anyone so no one's gonna really care if she goes. She is definitely an immunity threat though and I think she has the best chance of anyone left to go on a run.

• Love 1