Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk

• Start Topic

(edited)

I'm not a big fan of the "Person X stole Person Y away from Person Z" phrasing anyway, though I'm sure I've used it myself, so this isn't me calling anyone out or anything. I'm just saying, you can't steal someone who doesn't want to be stolen. Nora or any other Person Y in that scenario isn't a passive object.

I liked the brief juxtaposition of Nora and Rachel both being caught between two brothers. Rachel chose to be honest with Shaun and while that caused some hurt feelings and angst, it wasn't nearly as destructive as Nora's choice to marry Clint even though she was in love with Bo. More soapy and dramatic, though. I'm criticizing Nora, not the writing here.

ETA: Or, you know, what @dubbel zout said a lot more succinctly.

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Melgaypet said:

I liked the brief juxtaposition of Nora and Rachel both being caught between two brothers. Rachel chose to be honest with Shaun and while that caused some hurt feelings and angst, it wasn't nearly as destructive as Nora's choice to marry Clint even though she was in love with Bo. More soapy and dramatic, though. I'm criticizing Nora, not the writing here.

You know, I never noticed/thought about that juxtaposition with Nora and Rachel before, that Rachel was advising Nora to be honest with herself about her feelings for the brothers while she was denying her own true feelings.

And now I'm off to YT to watch the scenes of Clint confronting Bo and Nora with a side of scheming Kim and bitchy Nigel...

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

Kimberly totally would have danced with Clint!

Wouldn't it have made sense for Kim to back after Clint's huge public breakdown? And she would be all over whatever shady business Cutter was up to at Shelter and she and Natalie could have someone to hiss at (Nikki the Bartender didn't really cut in that department) and...

This is making me mourn OLTL 2.0 all over again.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Clint is also gonna need to talk about the sugar, if he's going to be the daddy.

Oh Jerry verDorn, I miss having you on my TV!

Me too.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

Kimberly totally would have danced with Clint!

Wouldn't it have made sense for Kim to back after Clint's huge public breakdown? And she would be all over whatever shady business Cutter was up to at Shelter and she and Natalie could have someone to hiss at (Nikki the Bartender didn't really cut in that department) and...

This is making me mourn OLTL 2.0 all over again.

I said this at the time, but Kim would have been a perfect addition to PP OLTL because you could have dropped her into several stories right off the bat.  There was Clint, who even said after his breakup with Viki/while manic on the pills Jeffrey was slipping him that there was plenty of women who would kill to be with him and I immediately thought, "KIM!  CALL KIM!!!".  There was brother Cutter and nemesis Natalie and you know she would not have been pleased to see them together and maybe would have teamed up with the JWoww to break them up.  And then there was Rama, who she had a score to settle with, and maybe she and Dorian could have teamed up to destroy her, or maybe she could have had hate sex with David while he and Dorian were apart.

• Love 2

Very true*, and it's a part that I'm not sure would work with a recast.  But a boy can dream.

* I was actually going to bring this up in the other thread, but what happened to Amanda Setton?  She was getting a lot of television work for a while there, but she's kinda, poof, vanished.  It's too bad. 

• Love 1

Some scenes Ron wrote on "Days of our Lives" this week involving a gay stripper reminded me of this moment from 2009 - my beloved Kyle stripping as a means to remind Roxy and Natalie about his blackmail threats.  To this day, I remain GUTTED that Fish never learned about this from somebody.

(Kyle takes the stage at 2:44)

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

The 2006-2007 Viki-Clint-Dorian triangle was really strange to me.  I wasn't watching the show at the time, so what I've seen of it has been completely through youtube clips.  I know that when Clint returned in 2005, he and Dorian were intrigued with each other for some reason.  They started flirting and dating, and Viki seemed to be uncomfortable about it (mainly due to the complicated nature of her relationship with Dorian).  Dorian was on the rebound from David after their non-wedding and also got a kick out of making Viki uncomfortable.  Later, Viki and Clint were spending more time with each other and developing feelings for one another; but Viki was reluctant to open herself up and pursue the relationship for reasons.  From what I saw, Clint seemed to really want to be with Viki; but kept Dorian on the string in case that didn't work out.  Then, Viki rather tackily (that's probably not a word) told Clint that she wanted to be with him while he was on a date with Dorian.  After that Clint basically shut Viki down and chose to be with Dorian.  It's entirely possible that I missed some clips showing his growing relationship and feelings for Dorian; but from what I saw him choosing Dorian over Viki just didn't make sense.  Could someone that was watching the show at the time give me some insight into that (admittedly not too great) storyline?

• Love 1
11 hours ago, drtslim said:

The 2006-2007 Viki-Clint-Dorian triangle was really strange to me.  I wasn't watching the show at the time, so what I've seen of it has been completely through youtube clips.  I know that when Clint returned in 2005, he and Dorian were intrigued with each other for some reason.  They started flirting and dating, and Viki seemed to be uncomfortable about it (mainly due to the complicated nature of her relationship with Dorian).  Dorian was on the rebound from David after their non-wedding and also got a kick out of making Viki uncomfortable.  Later, Viki and Clint were spending more time with each other and developing feelings for one another; but Viki was reluctant to open herself up and pursue the relationship for reasons.  From what I saw, Clint seemed to really want to be with Viki; but kept Dorian on the string in case that didn't work out.  Then, Viki rather tackily (that's probably not a word) told Clint that she wanted to be with him while he was on a date with Dorian.  After that Clint basically shut Viki down and chose to be with Dorian.  It's entirely possible that I missed some clips showing his growing relationship and feelings for Dorian; but from what I saw him choosing Dorian over Viki just didn't make sense.  Could someone that was watching the show at the time give me some insight into that (admittedly not too great) storyline?

Insight?  Dena Higley was headwriter then.  Character assassination's her game!

• Love 2
On 10/23/2017 at 5:16 PM, Caracoa1 said:

Does anyone remember the 1991 domestic abuse storyline with Craig Wasson and Catherine Christianson?  I can't seem to recall how the storyline came to a close.

I want to say his character kidnapped Megan and Viki, and was arrested and carted away when he got caught. In any case, it was when Gottlieb and Malone first got there, and initially thought they could do short arcs of social issue storytelling, even if it involved characters no one had seen before (and that no one would see again afterwards).

What I'm curious about is HOW ON EARTH Luna went from waitressing at Wanda's to suddenly having her own radio show giving love advice. What the hell? 

• Love 1

Dena Higley was headwriter then.  Character assassination's her game!

Something she and JPF had in common when it came to this show.

What I'm curious about is HOW ON EARTH Luna went from waitressing at Wanda's to suddenly having her own radio show giving love advice. What the hell? 

Because...soaps!

I mean, it isn't the strangest career arc a soap character has had.

I just hate Luna enough where I don't let that concern me much. Gabrielle forever, bitches. 

I love Blair, too, but there is something about Gabrielle's brand of anti-heroine that stood out to me more. :)

• Love 2

Unsurprisingly, I'm partial to this Thanksgiving:

I mean, Jared just died and that's not super festive, but Kyle and Fish are really cute with their green bean casseroles and beaming smiles, Brody is sweet bringing that toy turkey for Bree, and Viki's speech is really lovely.

• Love 2

I just hate Luna enough where I don't let that concern me much. Gabrielle forever, bitches. 

I love Blair, too, but there is something about Gabrielle's brand of anti-heroine that stood out to me more. :)

Well I don't hate Luna, I do agree with Gabrielle forever.

The Things You Learn When You Fall Into a Wikipedia Wormhole: Wanda Webb Wolek was Asa's second cousin! I had forgotten that, if I ever knew it. Does that mean her nephew Jason with the stupid ponytail was technically a Buchanan? That would mean Dorian is tied with Kelly for Most Buchanan Boys Bagged. Dorian would have Joe, Clint, David, and Jason's Stupid Ponytail, while Kelly has Joey, Drew, Kevin, and Duke. And Adriana, Cassie, and Blair are all tied for second place with two each. (Adriana with Duke and, ugh, Rex, who might be a sorrier excuse for a Buchanan that the idiot with the ponytail, Cassie with Bo and Kevin, and Blair with Cord and Kevin.)

Damn, that's crazy. Soaps!

Also I am now imagining a scenario where Kelly cougars it up with Matthew because I want her to be the biggest skank. There's something wrong with me.

• Love 2

Does that mean her nephew Jason with the stupid ponytail was technically a Buchanan?

Depends which side of the family Wanda was in relation to Asa. Was it from Asa's mother's side of the family?

5 hours ago, BBHN said:

Depends which side of the family Wanda was in relation to Asa. Was it from Asa's mother's side of the family?

She (& Jason) are listed on the Buchanan family Wikipedia page. I’d link but I’m on my phone. Her parents or grandparents aren’t named, she’s listed as 2nd cousin to Asa, Pike (father of the eeevil Austin), and Jeannie. So that suggests the Webb’s are related on the Buchanan side, but you know, Wikipedia can be wrong. 

It doesn’t matter, really. It just kind of tripped me out. Jason and his stupid ponytail were sooooo lame. I hated that guy.

• Love 1

Ah, ok. I remember Wanda mostly from the early 90s, where she basically ran the town diner/restaurant. Weren't she and Viki also friends?

I didn't hate Jason. I kind of liked him with Dorian. But then again, Robin Strasser generally tended to have good chemistry no matter who she was acting with, so that definitely helped.

• Love 1

Lol. Strasser is indeed a goddess, but I don’t know if even she can generate chemistry when she’s not actually on the show. It was Elaine Princi’s Dorian who had the relationship with Jason Webb and his stupid ponytail.

• Love 1
On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 8:57 PM, Panopticon said:

This still baffles me because they... had chemistry.

It was definitely the best of the chem tests Kelly had with the (gag) leading men of the show that year, but I was still not into it.  The best part was how their bond slash their tendency to stumble across each other nekked bothered Gigi.

• Love 1
On 12/16/2017 at 5:57 PM, Panopticon said:

This still baffles me because they... had chemistry.

God, I don't even remember... probably because I detested Rex and it felt like they were so desperate to justify Kelly's existence again when she was just. not. working. Of course, when you brag about your gigantic Cramer story and have it be about Kelly and the mother no one has seen since the mid-80s it does wind up being a huge let-down. Also, sure, have Kelly whine about how Blair is mean to her for that whole dead baby incident which she should totally be over already, I mean GOD! And, yes, let's have not!Todd suddenly decide he desperately needs her at The Sun so Blair can be made super jealous for unfathomable reasons. In fact, let's also have Kelly slither up to half-naked Eli and attempt to flirt with him by telling him he's making breakfast wrong.

UGGGGH!!

But even better, let's have the combined odiousness of Kelly and Rex team up to expose Eli as the Evilest Evil That Ever Eviled and tank an actual successful Blair pairing when we needed one the most!

Apparently I still have strong feelings about this.

Edited by Dandesun
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Dandesun said:

God, I don't even remember... probably because I detested Rex and it felt like they were so desperate to justify Kelly's existence again when she was just. not. working. Of course, when you brag about your gigantic Cramer story and have it be about Kelly and the mother no one has seen since the mid-80s it does wind up being a huge let-down. Also, sure, have Kelly whine about how Blair is mean to her for that whole dead baby incident which she should totally be over already, I mean GOD! And, yes, let's have not!Todd suddenly decide he desperately needs her at The Sun so Blair can be made super jealous for unfathomable reasons. In fact, let's also have Kelly slither up to half-naked Eli and attempt to flirt with him by telling him he's making breakfast wrong.

UGGGGH!!

But even better, let's have the combined odiousness of Kelly and Rex team up to expose Eli as the Evilest Evil That Ever Eviled and tank an actual successful Blair pairing when we needed one the most!

And I am with you 10,000000 percent.

"Kelly" is currently stinking up Y+R to the point of impending cancellation, although she's sharing that distinction with the utterly and obviously totally untalented, slope nosed, tiny brained, giant nostriled Cam Mathison wannabe, Jason Thompson.  Not that there's anything wrong with that....

Gina Tognoni stinks.

Edited by boes
14 hours ago, Dandesun said:

Of course, when you brag about your gigantic Cramer story and have it be about Kelly and the mother no one has seen since the mid-80s it does wind up being a huge let-down.

But Death Vase, The Vase That Kills!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

But Death Vase, The Vase That Kills!

Jesus, that thing was hideous. At this point, I like to think of Death Vase, The Vase That Kills People turned on Melinda for creating it in the first place. "You made me a monster! So a monster I shall be!" -- Death Vase would have said if Death Vase had lips with which to speak. Alas, it could not. It had no mouth and could not scream.

So it killed.

• Love 4

Clearly, and apparently they scrapped that particular bit because Reed and Kelly HAD NO CHEMISTRY so what did it matter that he killed her mother? No one fucking cared. But, sure, let's villify Eli because people wanted to know who pushed Marty down the stairs (they didn't have a culprit for that? And didn't think people would want to know? We all knew that was bullshit, right?) and, hell, let's sweep up all of these random crimes into a pile and make Eli responsible for them all.

And that kiss between Eli and Blair after he confessed everything in Tahiti or Fiji or Guam or wherever the fuck they were... that was still scorching hot and I don't even care.

What an unbelievable waste.

Edited by Dandesun
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Dandesun said:

But, sure, let's villify Eli because people wanted to know who pushed Marty down the stairs (they didn't have a culprit for that? And didn't think people would want to know? We all knew that was bullshit, right?).

And they had the perfect suspect/scapegoat for that right there - Hannah!  The handling of that character was also bizarre.  They walked back some of her antics by making her a victim of Eli's and drew all these parallels between her and Marty, but then they randomly had her go crazy again and try to bury Starr alive in a Halloween costume.

I felt SOOO vindicated years later when Ron finally admitted that this wasn't the plan all along, that they were forced to come up with something once they were forced to ax Kyle/Fish/Schuyler.  Because his early insistence that throwing Eli under the bus like that was his grand scheme all along was SOOO annoying.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, Dandesun said:

And that kiss between Eli and Blair after he confessed everything in Tahiti or Fifi or Guam or wherever the fuck they were... that was still scorching hot and I don't even care.

What an unbelievable waste.

Eli and Blair were amazing. She was always wearing wrap dresses and he was always unwrapping her. SO SEXY. Of course that meant they weren't to be.

Ugh, Hannah. That poor actress, being stuck with such an awful character.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

Eli and Blair were amazing. She was always wearing wrap dresses and he was always unwrapping her. SO SEXY. Of course that meant they weren't to be.

Ugh, Hannah. That poor actress, being stuck with such an awful character.

Yeah, Eli and Blair were sexy and fun and chemistry like whoa which was SORELY needed after the Great Purge and with everyone else being as hot as a wet sparkler. So of course they fucked it up.

Tragic.

They should have just stuck with Hannah being creepy and weird and fixated... she seemed to have fun with that, at least.

• Love 1
On 12/15/2017 at 1:37 AM, Melgaypet said:

The Things You Learn When You Fall Into a Wikipedia Wormhole: Wanda Webb Wolek was Asa's second cousin! I had forgotten that, if I ever knew it. Does that mean her nephew Jason with the stupid ponytail was technically a Buchanan? That would mean Dorian is tied with Kelly for Most Buchanan Boys Bagged. Dorian would have Joe, Clint, David, and Jason's Stupid Ponytail, while Kelly has Joey, Drew, Kevin, and Duke. And Adriana, Cassie, and Blair are all tied for second place with two each. (Adriana with Duke and, ugh, Rex, who might be a sorrier excuse for a Buchanan that the idiot with the ponytail, Cassie with Bo and Kevin, and Blair with Cord and Kevin.)

Damn, that's crazy. Soaps!

Also I am now imagining a scenario where Kelly cougars it up with Matthew because I want her to be the biggest skank. There's something wrong with me.

And Kelly also married Max when he tried to convince Asa he was a Buchanan again in 1999 (they had originally believed he was in 1990, but Gabrielle had made it up out of greed). 

On 12/18/2017 at 8:03 PM, Dandesun said:

UGGGGH!!

Not to be THAT person, but Melinda briefly came back in 1997, too. 

On 12/19/2017 at 1:17 AM, boes said:

Gina Tognoni stinks.

And you lost me. I love her. ;) 

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Dandesun said:

Yeah, Eli and Blair were sexy and fun and chemistry like whoa which was SORELY needed after the Great Purge and with everyone else being as hot as a wet sparkler. So of course they fucked it up.

Tragic.

Eli was the one person who would have made me question whether I really wanted Roger Howarth back as Todd. Can you imagine what THAT triangle would have been like? 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, UYI said:

Eli was the one person who would have made me question whether I really wanted Roger Howarth back as Todd. Can you imagine what THAT triangle would have been like? 

I lament the loss of that triangle so hard. I mean, Ted King is delightful but they fucked that pairing up from jump and then they made him responsible for handing Todd over to Irene and ripping the picture of his and Blair's golden balloon wedding from his hands and keeping it and obsessing over it like a total creeper. It was bad enough that they tried to attach Blair to Tea's brother (Jesus Ron, we get it, you love Tea) but having Blair continue a relationship with him after all of that, after knowing something was not kosher in regards to not!Todd.... arrrrgh!!

To have had Eli with Blair for all that time and NOT be some Blackbeard character who marries women for their money and then kills them... and then, of course, responsible for any number of other crimes (most egregious in my book was not succeeding in killing Rex. That's really the only thing I couldn't forgive Eli for.) and torpedoing that relationship was just fucking stupid.

An Eli/Blair/Todd triangle would have been seriously hard for me to choose... which is the way good triangles are supposed to be. And I probably would have just said 'Can she just keep them both? Eli's a lawyer, you know that will come in handy really soon.' Blair having to choose between the absolute love of her life who has also done the shittiest things imaginable to her and the new love who was really really great for her and didn't have a list of crimes against her, specifically, a mile long could have been amazing.

In a lot of ways, I'm glad it didn't go that way because it would have HURT... but it still would have been infinitely better than Tomas. Also, Blair going back to Eli when they shipped Todd off to Port Charles would have been a much less bitter pill to swallow than what they went for on GH. Just saying.

• Love 4