Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk

• Start Topic

From October 27th, 2003: Max's final scene in Llanview. I could have done without the Luna stuff (my Max & Gabrielle love reigns supreme as always), at least not in his very last scene, but that unscripted wink that JDP gives at the end always melts my heart. I'm SO HAPPY that the show kept that in. I may be more into younger dudes now, but as a young teenage girl who watched soaps in the early 2000's, he and Grant Aleksander (Phillip on Guiding Light) were my biggest crushes (although I also loved David Fumero, Ty Treadway, and Wes Ramsey on GL too, so I wasn't a COMPLETE weirdo, lol). I know Jim was brought back for three episodes when Max came back for Asa's funeral in 2007, but a small part of me will always be a bit bitter that he wasn't even asked to return for the show's end in 2012. *sigh*

• Love 1

I was bitter that they wrote out both Max and Gabrielle within a short period time to each other, and rather than let them ride off into the sunset happy and together, they killed her off.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

I was bitter that they wrote out both Max and Gabrielle within a short period time to each other, and rather than let them ride off into the sunset happy and together, they killed her off.

Don't even get me started. 

It got to the point where a throwaway line when he returned in 2007--Cord asked Max how Argentina was, the implication being that Max had moved down to Gabrielle's home country after her murder, despite originally moving down to Luna's home state of North Carolina in 2003--became something for me to cling to. After not even mentioning him when she died, let alone even a WORD about whether or not he had been to her offscreen (!!!!) memorial service, the idea that he returned to Argentina to honor her memory made my M&G loving heart soar. ❤️ 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

f the show ever reboots again, I want a scene where Kevin and Joey and Zane come pouring into Llanfair with all their suitcases and are like, "Yeah, we need to be on another continent from Kelly."  

If the show ever reboots I would be happy for Zane to have pulled a Judy Winslow and evaporate. But Kevin and Joey can be Kelly refugees. 

1 hour ago, Gigi43 said:

If the show ever reboots I would be happy for Zane to have pulled a Judy Winslow and evaporate. But Kevin and Joey can be Kelly refugees. 

I get where you're coming from, but the idea of a broody British Buchanan laying into Kelly for lying to him his whole life about the son fucking is rather soapy to me.

I should clarify that pretty much my only experience with GT Kelly was in 2010-2011 and it was...not good.  Bad stories, bad attempts to pair her with all the show's leading "men", and nothing GT was doing was elevating the material IMO.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

One thing I do really like about Gina is her friendship with Erin Torpey; they've stayed close even all these years later, and I love that. 🙂

• Love 2
On 4/23/2020 at 9:04 PM, TeeVee329 said:

In a bit of a quarantine funk today, so went to one of my OLTL happy places - Natalie hitting the roof when she finds out Clint married Kim:

Especially amusing to me on this rewatch was Viki Miss Manners-ing around the whole time.  Her growly "Naaattttalie!" when Nat snarled about Kim signing a prenup was too perfect.

"She's a gold-digger, a bimboooo" XD

I remember an earlier scene when Nat and (I think) Jessica were giving Clint a hard time about Kim, pointing out that she was after his money, and he was all "pfft, I saw her coming a mile away."

"Then why are you with her???"

"Because I saw her coming a mile away!"

I was 14 years old when these scenes aired and I totally did NOT get what they were going for at the time. You will NEVER see a scene like this on daytime again. SO hot.

The aftermath. I point and laugh at Nora's face when she sees them every time, LMAO. 😄

• Love 2
On 4/26/2020 at 9:26 AM, tracyscott76 said:

I remember an earlier scene when Nat and (I think) Jessica were giving Clint a hard time about Kim, pointing out that she was after his money, and he was all "pfft, I saw her coming a mile away."

"Then why are you with her???"

"Because I saw her coming a mile away!"

Another favorite of mine!

I loooved this era of Natalie and Jessica's relationship, which was basically ruined forever for me a month later with the rise of Teen!Jess and all the bullshit that followed.  They're both not psyched about what they're clocking between Clint and Kim - this time, I noticed when Kim implores Clint to wait up for her, Bree Williamson makes this horrified little face that I found hilarious - but they approach it in such different yet so in-character ways, with Jessica trying to be diplomatic and calm and Natalie cutting right to it and not masking her horror at all.

I also love when Kim tries to claim that she "loves to cook" and Clint just laughs in her face and Kim starts chuckling too.  They were so good together.

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Another favorite of mine!

I loooved this era of Natalie and Jessica's relationship, which was basically ruined forever for me a month later with the rise of Teen!Jess and all the bullshit that followed.  They're both not psyched about what they're clocking between Clint and Kim - this time, I noticed when Kim implores Clint to wait up for her, Bree Williamson makes this horrified little face that I found hilarious - but they approach it in such different yet so in-character ways, with Jessica trying to be diplomatic and calm and Natalie cutting right to it and not masking her horror at all.

I also love when Kim tries to claim that she "loves to cook" and Clint just laughs in her face and Kim starts chuckling too.  They were so good together.

Agreed, I loved when the show let them be sisters, on the same side of things but dealing with them differently. And I love how Clint is giving it right back to them in that scene, diffusing the tension and letting it end on a good note.

"Interpretive dancer!" XD

The writing for Clint and Kim was so smart. It was a genius move to make Clint completely aware of who Kim was and what she wanted from him and he was fine with it. And that part of the appeal was that Kim did horrify his relatives.  

I think my all-time favorite line of Clint's was in the reboot, when he was completely hammered at the club and someone was trying to take him home and he wailed, "I wanna dance!" Jerry ver Dorn nailed that.

• Love 5

Last night I was moving some files around on an external hard drive and happened upon the reboot files. I clicked one at random and I'm surprised at how well it held up.  (Also, has it really been 7 years since it aired?) 

Clint was ticked off at Bo for having him arrested, Destiny upset Matthew's girlfriend when she spilled the news that Drew was his son, Tea had a gloriously overacted scene with Todd and Blair, and there were a couple of sweet, goodbye for now scenes with Todd/Dani and Todd/Viki. I'm such a pushover for Todd and Viki interacting.  

• Love 2

The need for lockdown comfort viewing has also, naturally, driven me back into the loving arms of Kyle and Fish.  This one, in particular, I've watched a few times now because Scott Evans and Brett Claywell are doing so many little things in this scene:

The amusing head nod slash smirk Kyle makes when he brushes past (stupid) shirtless Ford.  Fish jamming the offending hands that touched another man as deep into his pants pockets as they could go.  Kyle punctuating his snarky remark about Ford's basic nakedness with the most hilarious sip of coffee.  Fish's voice getting higher and higher as he tried to explain the situation.  Kyle's preening smile when Fish compliments his body.  Fish's chortle when Kyle razzes him about it later when dropping him off at the hospital.  It's all just so lived-in and great and I love them and it kills me that, like three months later, they were gone and dumb Ford was on his way to being this heroic male lead, barf.

• Love 3
(edited)

One Life to Live online reunion alert!

https://www.tvinsider.com/932924/one-life-to-live-reunion-2020-locher-room/

I'm so happy, because while it does include RSW, HBS, Tuc, and Kassie, it also includes JAMES BY GOD DEPAIVA!

Yes, he's married to Kassie, but even with that I knew there was no guarantee that he would be included. There were two other reunions that included real life spouses where one only made a brief appearance later on. 

So, yeah, the soap gods decided to give me a win by including him. For JDP alone (and the fact I've long since accepted that I'll no longer see Fiona ever again), I'M SO FREAKING HAPPY OMG WOO HOO! 

ETA: Because I forgot this the other day (even with the link above, it's probably still a good idea to type this out here): The reunion is on May 14th at 2 PM Eastern. It's a live stream on YouTube, but of course you'll be able to watch it afterwards, too. 🙂

Here's the YT link, which also lets you set a reminder for that day:

Edited by UYI
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

Erika Slezak will be on The Story of Soaps special on May 19th! I wish she was going to be a part of the online reunion next week, but I don't think she's ever been much of an Internet person (she has no social media pages), much less now that she's not in daytime anymore (although I know she still occasionally acts). But at least we'll see her again somewhere soon. 🙂 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 1

In honor of Little Richard and his passing, here he is marrying Bo & Nora on June 1st, 1995. He was an ordained minister in real life, you know. WOO! 🙂 

• Love 2
(edited)

Also: with RSW & HBS included in the online OLTL reunion this coming Thursday, it's basically a foregone conclusion now that they're going to talk about that first wedding and their memories of Little Richard. I mean, I would have expected some of that anyway, but his death today basically all but assures that it will happen. 

ETA: JDP would have memories of Little Richard too, for that matter. Max was the one who brought him to the wedding and introduced him to the crowd. 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 1
(edited)

The Locher Room channel is streaming an event tonight 8pm est called  Daytime Cares. You can set a reminder on youtube, on The Locher Room channel. The DePivas and Andrea Evans are set to appear. Laura Wright is hosting but there's a variety of soapstars listed.

https://soaps.sheknows.com/soaps/news/565082/soap-stars-honor-uplift-fans-daytime-cares-a-live-event/

ETA; here's a list of who is set to appear:

Soap opera actors scheduled appear and/or perform include Bold and the Beautiful’s Heather Tom (Katie), Days of our Lives’ Lamon Archey (Eli), Kassie DePaiva (Eve), Crystal Chappell (Carly), Linsey Godfrey (Sarah), Stacy Haiduk (Kristen), Bill Hayes (Doug), Susan Seaforth Hayes (Julie), Kyle Lowder (Rex), Eric Martsolf (Brady), James Reynolds (Abe), Melissa Reeves (Jennifer) and Paul Telfer (Xander), General Hospital’s Maurice Benard (Sonny), Ian Buchanan (Duke), William DeVry (Julian), Chad Duell (Michael), Finola Hughes (Anna), Michael E. Knight (Martin), Katelyn MacMullen (Willow), Sofia Mattsson (Sasha), Wes Ramsey (Peter), Emme Rylan (Lulu), Cynthia Watros (Nina), Maura West (Ava) and Josh Swickard (Chase), Guiding Light’s Robert Newman (Josh) and Kim Zimmer (Reva), One Life to Live’s James DePaiva (Max) and Andrea Evans (Tina) and Young and the Restless’ Michelle Stafford (Phyllis), Scott Reeves (Ryan) and Jordi Vilasuso (Rey).

The special will be live-streamed on The Locher Room YouTube Channel and on Facebook, hosted by General Hospital’s Laura Wright (Carly) and The Locher Room host Alan Locher and presented in partnership with Daytime Cares, a Daytime TV Community spearheaded by Arianne Zucker and Shawn Christian (Days of our Lives’ Daniel). StreamYard is sponsoring the event.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 2
On 5/1/2020 at 2:51 PM, UYI said:

One Life to Live online reunion alert!

https://www.tvinsider.com/932924/one-life-to-live-reunion-2020-locher-room/

I'm so happy, because while it does include RSW, HBS, Tuc, and Kassie, it also includes JAMES BY GOD DEPAIVA!

Yes, he's married to Kassie, but even with that I knew there was no guarantee that he would be included. There were two other reunions that included real life spouses where one only made a brief appearance later on. 

So, yeah, the soap gods decided to give me a win by including him. For JDP alone (and the fact I've long since accepted that I'll no longer see Fiona ever again), I'M SO FREAKING HAPPY OMG WOO HOO! 

ETA: Because I forgot this the other day (even with the link above, it's probably still a good idea to type this out here): The reunion is on May 14th at 2 PM Eastern. It's a live stream on YouTube, but of course you'll be able to watch it afterwards, too. 🙂

Here's the YT link, which also lets you set a reminder for that day:

According to Twitter the reunion is moved to May 21

• Love 2

October 2010, Viki is not pleased A'TALL to come face-to-face with a returned Echo:

This would all go to hell when it became All About Rex, but Echo as a shit-stirrer among the older folks was pretty fun in the beginning, especially since they were coming off a terrible story time during the summer of teens, Teens, TEENS!, and Queen Slezak is so great in this scene.  But ugh, Echo must say "Chuckles" like eight times, and it's her first episode!

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

But ugh, Echo must say "Chuckles" like eight times, and it's her first episode!

Oh, god, "Chuckles." I couldn't STAND that. It drove me insane they drove that into the ground. (Typical Ron, of course.)

• Love 2
(edited)

In honor of Fiona Hutchison's 60th birthday today, here is her final scene from her first run in 1991, when she was sent to prison for a crime she didn't commit (Carlo did), in order to protect her then-four year old son. I wish it was JDP's Max with her here, but whatever.

It's funny. I started watching in 2001, when I was 12 years old, a few months after Fiona's return. But at the same time I was watching the current run show, I was also old school Gabrielle (with or without Max) on a long since archived fan site for Fiona called Fiona Fest. (The Geocities days! Good times.) This was a few years before YouTube, back when RealPlayer still reigned supreme, and there were SEVERAL great videos of Fiona there back then, both from OLTL and Guiding Light (and a few of them have yet to ever make it to YouTube). As a result, I've got this weird nostalgia for both eras of the show, even though I've largely only seen clips of those older episodes. I've always been a TV trivia nerd, from a VERY young age, too, and I still have several books about different TV shows, including OLTL, and some of my opinions on the show have actually been based on THAT, rather than seeing the show itself (this is where a lot of my Luna hate came from, lol, and probably where some of love for characters like Kelly and Kelly/Joey as a couple came from too, tbh). Those sort of weird interests, combined with my sensitive nature as a person in general, made me a target for teasing back then, and I guess, in some way, I saw of some of myself in Gabrielle--the outsider. Maybe not an anti-heroine like she was, lol, but someone who was often left out, or felt left out of things (even among liking female characters on this show, it feels like she had fewer fans compared to Tina, Megan, Luna, Blair--I don't know, maybe I'm wrong). That's probably part of the reason why I found how she was written off so difficult--yes, there was still Blair, but here was something to Gabrielle's type of anti-heroine that set her apart, IMO. Add that with Fiona's absence from social media, and yeah, I miss them both a LOT. Like I said in the Outside Llanview, you guys are SO lucky so many of your favorites are active on social media and in the business still!

But anyway:

I just wanted to use Fiona's 60th birthday as a way to talk more about my OLTL fandom, and how weird it truly is. I do worry I talk about her WAY too much sometimes (and JDP/Max, for that matter, too), and that I sound like a know it all in terms of history, leading me to annoy you guys a lot, especially when there's PLENTY from the last few years of the show to talk about with y'all, I know I need to do it more often and focus less on the stuff I post. But if so (on the annoying part, that is), you guys haven't shown it, so thank you. 🙂 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 2

Oh my God, you guys, I have some HUGE OLTL news right now.

As you all probably know by now, there is an online OLTL reunion this Thursday, with RSW, HBS, Tuc, Kassie, and James DePaiva. It's at 3 PM Eastern time.

Well, there's now a second OLTL reunion planned for the following Thursday, May 28th, at 2 PM Eastern, featuring these four women:

Ilene Kristen (Roxy)

Tonja Walker (Alex--shout out to @TeeVee329 here!)

Andrea Evans (attention, @Dandesun!)

And...I can't believe this is actually happening...

Gabrielle Medina herself, FIONA HUTCHISON! THIS IS NOT A DRILL. ❤️❤️❤️❤️

I posted here TWO DAYS AGO on her 60th birthday how she hasn't been active on social media since 2012, and how she had basically disappeared after her final appearance during the last week on ABC...needless to say, I'm over the moon. 🙂 

@dubbel zout, @Melgaypet, @Gigi43, @peachmangosteen, @Hiyo, @boes, @jsbt, @Camille, @tessaray, @Sake614--tagging y'all too in case you're interested in either reunion. Apologies to anyone I may have left out. 🙂

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

One more thing:

The Story of Soaps special is on ABC tonight at 9 PM Eastern, and one of the interviews is with Erika Slezak! 🙂 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, UYI said:

One more thing:

The Story of Soaps special is on ABC tonight at 9 PM Eastern, and one of the interviews is with Erika Slezak! 🙂 

Tivo is set to record 🙂

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, tessaray said:

I have stuff going on 5/28, so I will have to do a reminder to look for the recording online. But yay!

Yeah, I haven't actually watched any of them live myself, but they're always available in full immediately after. 🙂 

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, Sake614 said:
40 minutes ago, UYI said:

One more thing:

Tivo is set to record 🙂

Same here. I like that they seemed to find some actors who don't want to pretend soaps didn't give them their start

For some reason I find watching web stuff harder than the TV, but I will enjoy reading everyone's comments about the OLTL reunions.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, jsbt said:

I'll be watching 'em all.

Same.

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

For some reason I find watching web stuff harder than the TV, but I will enjoy reading everyone's comments about the OLTL reunions.

I thought I would too and I haven't been watching any of the stuff that's been going on, but I just watched the Community table read and Q&A today and I loved it a lot so now I'm feeling like I need to check out all these online things lol.

• Love 2

@UYI thanks for the heads-up!  I did like me some Alex (though...didn't we hear some not-great things about Tonja Walker when she was on GH a few years ago?).  I actually just watched her scenes with Josh Kelly during her 2011 return and was reminded, yet again, how bummed I was she never had a scene with Amanda Setton.  Alex, Cutter, and Kim could have been such a great family unit to pit against the Bukes.

And, hey, if they keep going with these reunions, maybe #38 will result in my dream group - Scott Evans, Brett Claywell, Amanda Setton, and Scott Clifton! #idreamedadream

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

@UYI thanks for the heads-up!  I did like me some Alex (though...didn't we hear some not-great things about Tonja Walker when she was on GH a few years ago?).  I actually just watched her scenes with Josh Kelly during her 2011 return and was reminded, yet again, how bummed I was she never had a scene with Amanda Setton.  Alex, Cutter, and Kim could have been such a great family unit to pit against the Bukes.

And, hey, if they keep going with these reunions, maybe #38 will result in my dream group - Scott Evans, Brett Claywell, Amanda Setton, and Scott Clifton! #idreamedadream

You're welcome! I knew you'd appreciate seeing both Ilene and Tonja (I have no idea about any not so good stuff from her GH return, though--now I'm curious). And like you, I also wanted an Alex, Cutter and Kim family unit. Sigh.

I'm still hoping for one with a group that includes Melissa Archer--and I'd REALLY love one that's just Erika and Robin alone, like the one Alan recently did with Susan Lucci solo (except that I don't think Erika's really an online person, so that may not be possible).

Speaking of which, Erika looked WONDERFUL on the Story of Soaps special. I've missed her so much. ❤️ 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 1

Tonja is a little nuts. I remember her ranting and raving 20 years ago about how Lindsay had to be murdered so Alex could return to the show. But I'd still be happy to hear from her, there's plenty crazier.

I didn't get a single question answered but Bob Woods' gorgeous white beard is stunning and James dePaiva's crazy hair and monocle!!! are magnificent. Kassie looks better here than on DAYS.

Sometimes live reunions feel awkward but not this one.  The chemistry is still perfect after all these years.  I didn't really pay much attention to the live stream of questions though. Every once in a while, I'd glance over but that's about it. But I'm officially still working. 🙂 

Adding, loved RSW's look and had to laugh at his tile for his coffee. I do the same thing, wander from room to room and never know where my coffee is.  But I never thought of using it for that.  

2 hours ago, jsbt said:

I didn't get a single question answered but Bob Woods' gorgeous white beard is stunning and James dePaiva's crazy hair and monocle!!! are magnificent. Kassie looks better here than on DAYS.

All of this.

I'm sorry, but Bob Woods can still get it lol.

• Love 2