Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk

• Start Topic

Two thoughts I had while watching the final episode of PP OLTL:

1) I'm really curious where they were going to with the tattoo organization stuff - Jeffrey's involvement, Carl Peterson/Allison Perkins' brother, and that cliffhanger with Allison/Clint/Natalie.

2) That Dani/Arturo sex scene is kinda hot.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Two thoughts I had while watching the final episode of PP OLTL:

1) I'm really curious where they were going to with the tattoo organization stuff - Jeffrey's involvement, Carl Peterson/Allison Perkins' brother, and that cliffhanger with Allison/Clint/Natalie.

2) That Dani/Arturo sex scene is kinda hot.

Damn, I miss this show....

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

I also love Natalie and Matthew both insisting on going to the hospital for Clint.

Yes, this.  I get why Viki and Bo were so hocked at Clint, but he was being wheeled out of there on a stretcher, chill out on the judgment for five seconds.  So I was pleased that Natalie and Matthew told their parents to fuck a duck and went to check on him.

• Love 1

So sorry to hear about Agnes.

Her death sent me down the Youtube rabbit hole and can I just tell you all how much I miss this show? I have never missed a show the way I miss OLTL. It was my show, in fact, my first vivid memory of television was Vicki being shot at the telethon and I literally grew up watching OLTL from there. I miss AMC and even though GH is a televised disaster, I will miss it when it's eventually cancelled, but there's something about OLTL's cancellation that just really hurt and it still hurts a little to pass ABC at 2 and not see it. 

• Love 7

Double-posting and I don't care: I love this show and I love you guys. UYI,  TeeVee, AndySmith, Dandesun, and the rest of you. Where is jsbt and his brilliant insight?

Full disclosure: I am drunk and I fully expect to be totally humiliated when I check this forum tomoeroow. But right now I don't care.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, atomationage said:

I'm waiting to hear something from Erika Slezak.  Susan Lucci already did a tweet.

Erika isn't online, and now that she's not on TV anymore, I don't know how active she is in the press. Does she still have her fan club news letter?

1 hour ago, Melgaypet said:

For UYI. To cheer her up/revenge for killing me in GH forum:

DAMN, one of their hottest scenes.

That said, some of Max does to get Gabrielle to give in might come across as sort of rapey looking nowadays. That, and the fact that he did this as way to get Gabrielle to confess to her baby switch. I think he was engaged to Megan at the time! He was definitely dating her by then.

Also: Michael Grande beat the crap out of Max right after this clip. 

ETA: and that's what I get for posting before I actually start watching. The thumbnail is the clip I'm describing here. *egg on face*

Edited by UYI
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

Double-posting and I don't care: I love this show and I love you guys. UYI,  TeeVee, AndySmith, Dandesun, and the rest of you. Where is jsbt and his brilliant insight?

Full disclosure: I am drunk and I fully expect to be totally humiliated when I check this forum tomoeroow. But right now I don't care.

He was posting at SON earlier; I'm sure he'll be here at some point soon.

• Love 2

Didn't Michael Grande smack Gabrielle around, as well? He was awful , by which I mean he was a great villain.

I love Kevin. I hated the American Idol's reject version of Duke, but DG and Erika and JVD made me feel for his death.

• Love 1

UYI, you are the best. I was once neutral-to dislike on Max Holden (because of the married to Blair and setting Skye up as his mistress thing and also the Maggie carpenter clown college thing) but you turned me around. James dePaiva and Max both deserved better than they got. I still don't much care for Nathaniel Marston's (may he rest in peace) Al, but Gabrielle was wonderful. Is it weird that she reminds me of Finola Hughes?

• Love 2

No, she and Finola are kind of similar. Several years back, Fiona actually had a show on the old Romance Classics network called Tea with Fi, which was shot at the Russian Tea Room in New York City, and Finola was one of her guests.

• Love 1

I am drunk and I fully expect to be totally humiliated when I check this forum tomoeroow. But right now I don't care

As long as you don't wake up naked in bed with your mortal enemy, and especially don't wake up married to your mortal enemy, you should be fine ;)

That said, some of Max does to get Gabrielle to give in might come across as sort of rapey looking nowadays

Yes, it does, especially this scene when presented in full:

I mean, on the one hand, I'm like "Back off, Max!" and yeah it is problematic. But then I remember this is a TV show, not a documentary, and JDP and FH had such amazing chemistry together, and I swoon...

Fiona also had some really good and hot chemistry too with Nicholas Walker, aka Max 2.0.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 2

RIP.

I can't find it now, but I will always remember an interview Agnes gave, I think for the OLTL anniversary in 2008. She recounted the crucial climax of the Carla Gray passing for white storyline, where Carla and her mother come face-to-face in an apartment hallway, and Carla says "Mama!" - and despite all the vitriol and bad feelings she knows Ellen Holly (Carla) has for her today, old Agnes still burst into tears remembering that story and those characters.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, AndySmith said:

As long as you don't wake up naked in bed with your mortal enemy, and especially don't wake up married to your mortal enemy, you should be fine ;)

I am happy to report I woke up neither naked or married to anyone I wasn't married to before.

• Love 2

It's really nice to see how widely covered Nixon's death is. (You know what I mean.) She was a true pioneer. One thing that's cracked me up is how some reports have said she was 88 and others 93. The latter is apparently true, as it was on the death certificate. Nixon was of that generation where women didn't talk about their age.

• Love 4

Scott Evans really looked great in the clips linked here recently.  I don't know what he looks like now, but he was looking a little rough there for a while.  

It was funny to me that Agnes NIxon was older than Bill Bell and Lee Philip.  I always thought he was older. 

• Love 1

It was funny to me that Agnes NIxon was older than Bill Bell and Lee Philip.  I always thought he was older. 

Well, if Bill Bell were alive today, he'd be 89, so it isn't a huge age difference.

Interestingly enough, both of them began working for Irna Phillips at around the same time, and both were considered proteges of hers. They both did her proud.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 3
(edited)

In other random news, an upcoming episode of "Shameless" has the title "The Defenestration of Frank", which reminded me of the OLTL episode titled "The Defenestration of Blair Cramer" in which Blair Cramer...well, you know, heh.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

Tea's was better, though, right down to Blair's manic scream at the end.

(I maintain that Blair didn't actually push her, though; Tea just fell out herself.)

Now Ben? HE was pushed.

• Love 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, UYI said:

Tea's was better, though, right down to Blair's manic scream at the end.

(I maintain that Blair didn't actually push her, though; Tea just fell out herself.)

Now Ben? HE was pushed.

But did Ms. Delgado land in the middle of a press conference during which a mayoral candidate had just announced she was a lesbian, and have it broadcast all over town?  I think not.

Edited by TeeVee329
8 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

It's weird, I associate her so strongly with GH, that I'm always taken aback when I'm reminded she worked on OLTL.

And Guiding Light, too. In fact, I saw her work on GL first.

She IS responsible for Tea going out the window! :D