Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Stag

paulvdb
  • Start Topic

I'm not really a fan of the FBI guy's issues beyond how he's developing the investigation. I'm also hoping his borderline obsession with Marty is going to get him and Rachel killed. Actually, I hope Wendy does them both. 

I completely understand Ruth being mad about being "fired", but she's got to be smart enough to know that officially being in charge isn't going to sit well with the gaming investigation and that's going to screw them all over. 

I do wish Marty wasn't so short with her about it though. I tend to think she's more mad about Marty not really respecting her. 

I don't get the whole deal with getting Wyatt into Mizzou, but I think the counselor could have done a better job and deserved the smack. 

I did have a huge laugh with Rachel in the bathroom. 

Edited by ganesh
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, ganesh said:

I'm not really a fan of the FBI guy's issues beyond how he's developing the investigation. I'm also hoping his borderline obsession with Marty is going to get him and Rachel killed. Actually, I hope Wendy does them both. 

I can't stand the FBI guy and would like to see him go down, but I still feel bad for Rachel and hope she makes it out okay.

• Love 3

In the age of binge watching, I know it's difficult sometimes to keep straight what happened on which episode, especially when watching a bunch of them over a short course of time. With that in mind, please be careful to only discuss the current (and/or former, if it relates) episode in each episode thread so as not to spoil other posters who haven't seen future episodes. Thanks! Please PM me with any questions.

I thought Rachel should have gone to the FBI and said - hey, one of your guys threatened to kill me and put my body in the woods if I did not get the correct evidence in his investigation.  She could threaten to sue, they could let her go and FBI dude gets fired. That would be satisfying...but I guess we need him around to continue the drama of will the Byrde's go to jail. 

Edited by jenifaohjenny
typo
  • Love 3

FBI Guy lets his obsessions get in the way of his success.  The truth is Marty just plain fucked up Rachel’s life.  She was doing fine before he showed up.  Yeah she should have taken the drug money.  That was dumb.  But ever since Marty stepped into her life one person or another has been fucking her over.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Chaos Theory said:

She was doing fine before he showed up.  Yeah she should have taken the drug money.  That was dumb.  But ever since Marty stepped into her life one person or another has been fucking her over.

I'd qualify this as "she wasn't committing crimes" before Marty came along but running a struggling dock/restaurant in the Ozarks is hardly living la vida loca...

Also, honestly, a LOT of Rachel's problems are due to her own stupid decisions. She stole drug money and then, quite out of the blue, she went on some sort of drug usage spree that led to the FBI turning her? Out of all the things I expected from the end of season one, Rachel blowing all the money she stole on drugs was not one of them. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Rap541 said:

I'd qualify this as "she wasn't committing crimes" before Marty came along but running a struggling dock/restaurant in the Ozarks is hardly living la vida loca...

Also, honestly, a LOT of Rachel's problems are due to her own stupid decisions. She stole drug money and then, quite out of the blue, she went on some sort of drug usage spree that led to the FBI turning her? Out of all the things I expected from the end of season one, Rachel blowing all the money she stole on drugs was not one of them. 

I agree with Chaos Theory in that just about everyone was doing fine before the Byrde's showed up, and also agree with Rap541 because Rachel is an adult and her choices are her own.  Rach has no one to blame but herself.

Not a spoiler:    Also, that skeevy quickie in the restroom ("Marty!") was all instigated by her!

Edited by CelticBlackCat
Took out a sentence because of possible spoiler. Must investigate further! It's OK.
  • Love 4
On 9/10/2018 at 10:01 AM, jenifaohjenny said:

I thought Rachel should have gone to the FBI and said - hey, one of your guys threatened to kill me and put my body in the woods if I did not get the correct evidence in his investigation.  She could threaten to sue, they could let her go and FBI dude gets fired. That would be satisfying...but I guess we need him around to continue the drama of will the Byrde's go to jail. 

It reminds me of the cop running the C.I. in the first season of Animal Kingdom basically telling Rachel to go out and get raped for the government