Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 Discussion

• Start Topic

29 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

Maybe they tried that, and Malcolm was a disaster at it.

Yeah, that's skilled labor - you can't just plug anybody in there. They could have had him do menial stuff though.

• Love 1
On 3/12/2019 at 11:08 AM, Empress1 said:

Yeah, that's skilled labor - you can't just plug anybody in there. They could have had him do menial stuff though.

Malcolm could be answering the phones and making appointments, so that the mechanically skilled labor get to do what needs to be done.. He's personable and quite friendly - more so than his dad.  At my service station, the people on the phone and at the front desk are the face of the company -- and it would be great to have an ex-ball player there. It's definitely better than earning nothing.

2 minutes ago, morakot said:

Malcolm could be answering the phones and making appointments, so that the mechanically skilled labor get to do what needs to be done.. He's personable and quite friendly - more so than his dad.  At my service station, the people on the phone and at the front desk are the face of the company -- and it would be great to have an ex-ball player there. It's definitely better than earning nothing.

Isn't that what Tina does?

Enjoyed this episode.  When I was much younger, 30's or thereabouts, we tent camped quite a bit, and I liked it.  These days, I'd need the fully kitted out RV.  Once we awakened to snuffling, black and white creatures.  So glad they were other campers dogs, and not skunks!

Liked Gemma bonding with the shop guy over small town nostalgia.  I'm from a rural, small town area, so that rang true for me.

Bears are getting work in Hollywood; there was a bear on Speechless last week!

• Love 6

I liked this one, too, but agree that Grover really needs some work.

I laughed at them all coming out of the tiny tent like clowns from a car.  But then, practical camping me wondered why the experienced campers didn't just sleep outside.  It was a nice night with no rain.  I can only imagine how hot and stuffy it was with that many people in that tent.  I only have a two-person tent, and it gets uncomfortably stuffy with just me in it sometimes. 

Nice touch with the bear, too. 

The whole ep reminded me just a little of the 3rd Rock From The Sun camping ep, though there were no RVs involved in that one.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

I laughed at them all coming out of the tiny tent like clowns from a car.  But then, practical camping me wondered why the experienced campers didn't just sleep outside.  It was a nice night with no rain.  I can only imagine how hot and stuffy it was with that many people in that tent.  I only have a two-person tent, and it gets uncomfortably stuffy with just me in it sometimes. 

And was Tina really wearing leather leggings?

8 hours ago, zoey1996 said:

Bears are getting work in Hollywood; there was a bear on Speechless last week!

It's probably the same bear!

• LOL 1
3 minutes ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

And was Tina really wearing leather leggings?

I believe she was!  The wardrobe department must have had fun coming up with inappropriate camping attire.  🙂

• Love 3

I'm enjoying the show even more, now that Calvin and Dave are starting to be more friends. There's enough animosity, discord, and general unpleasantness in the world right now, that I'm relieved to see people more or less getting along.

I thought Grover was much better this week, too.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, possibilities said:

I'm enjoying the show even more, now that Calvin and Dave are starting to be more friends. There's enough animosity, discord, and general unpleasantness in the world right now, that I'm relieved to see people more or less getting along.

I thought Grover was much better this week, too.

There are a few shows on right now that just make you feel good to watch. God Friended Me is one. This is another. There are no villains on either show, which is really pleasant. And it's funny! I cracked up when Calvin flung that kid out of his recliner.

• Love 4

I've really come to enjoy this stupid little show.

It could've gone wrong in SO many ways, but thanks to a cast of really talented performers and occasionally subversive writing, it's proven to be quite entertaining IMO.

Edited by Dee
  • Love 7

I particularly liked the "trap" at the end with the boys tied up on the sofa, and Gemma and Tina lying in wait to ambush Calvin and Dave.

But, damn, you have to have some serious self-confidence to wear pants and a hat like Calvin's.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Browncoat said:

But, damn, you have to have some serious self-confidence to wear pants and a hat like Calvin's.

It reminded me of Jackie Gleason's golf outfit in 'The Honeymooners'  - at least the pom-pom was dead on!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

A lot of news in the last few days about various shows being cancelled or renewed. Haven't heard anything about this one. Really, I'd be fine either way. It might grow on me, but I wouldn't exactly mourn its loss.

The Neighborhood will begin taping it's shows on August 13th.

They are going to rebroadcast an episode of The Neighborhood on CBS - Monday, August 5, 2019. The one where it is Grover's birthday party and Calvin's gift sends someone to the hospital.

On 11/20/2018 at 7:54 AM, zoey1996 said:

last night's Thanksgiving episode was not too bad. 

Just watched this episode (1.8 2018 Thanksgiving episode) for the first time. Last Thanksgiving I flew from the Midwest to the almost-East to meet my future son-in-law and his Republican relatives. My daughter warned me about not making any political remarks. 
Watching this episode was amusing to me because although I am white (but not WASP) it is around my son-in-law’s African-American relatives that my daughter doesn’t have to worry about me saying something offensive. 

• Love 1

I watched the Thanksgiving episode for the first time tonight as well. I liked Marty and Malcolm's amusement at Dave's mother. And I loved how happy Tina was not only to not have to cook, but to have a white woman cook for her, heh. I loved her line about if her ancestor's could see her now and what they would say. 

• Love 1

CBS aired the yard sale episode over the weekend. If I were Curtis, I would have killed Dave for costing me $1500 by telling the truth to the neighbour. 

I loved Gemma and Tina excitedly trying out all the infomercial products. 

I watched the episode where the girls went to Vegas and the guys watched a pay-per-view boxing match. I don't think I ever laughed so hard. Dave falling off the roof onto Calvin was hilarious. And stoned Calvin was so fun, lol. I like that CBS airs the first season when new eps are on hold. It allows me to catch up on the series and get a better feel for the characters. 

• Love 1

I just watched the episode with the car. I love how Dave wasn't able to lie to Gemma. 

Dave: *eyes daring all around the room *
Tina: Dave, what are you looking at?
Dave: A bug. 

It was hilarious. For someone who is bad at lying, he sure thought quickly on his feet. From his recycling program, to the giving of blood, he always seemed to have an answer ready. I most likely would just stand there stuttering while trying to think of something, heh,

I really liked the episode they replayed tonight. I wouldn't mind seeing more of Logan #2. He was pretty to look at. 

I loved Tina singing and her dance moves. But even funnier was Gemma singing and Tina's expression, heh. 

I liked that Calvin was upset that he didn't know Dave was in the military because he thought they were friends. Awww. 

I'm really enjoying this show the more I watch it. 

• Love 3
On 11/6/2018 at 2:43 AM, Kimmmmmm said:

I really like the Dave character. The only one I don't like on the show...in fact, can't stand....is Grover. He is an insufferable little snot and not the least bit cute. Why does there always have to be a kid???? 

100% this.
Rude, demanding little snot. I can't help but eyeroll whenever that kid gets screen-time. 🙄

• Love 2