Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

They barely have enough storylines for this season let alone 3 more. Not saying I don't see 10 seasons happening, it probably will, but I have my doubts about whether there is enough creative imagination in the writers room to stretch that far. 

46 minutes ago, way2interested said:

eah, I'd guess EK and KA (maybe KC) go while BL and KM get picked up as series regulars (with the limited contracts since even as of now with how they execute the FF, BL is only going to be in at most 12/13 episodes this year anyway) and the other FF characters (JJ and Zoe, sans Colton) remain just guest stars/recurring. SS gets WH's type of spot, like technically a series regular but is in and out throughout the season. Everyone else sticks around, although I wonder if DR will get to direct again.

Colton is actually a series regular in S7, so i don't see that changing if he's on the show in S8

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Colton is actually a series regular in S7, so i don't see that changing if he's on the show in S8

Yeah, that's why I said "sans Colton," I meant that every other character only in FF except for him, BL, and KM would just be recurring or guest stars.

Context for Pedowitz quote...
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/cw-boss-next-generation-dc-shows-future-all-american-1181775 

With all five DC Comics-inspired dramas already renewed for next season and its Ruby Rose-led Batwoman pilot fully expected to go to series, Pedowitz still believes there's room for more. "We haven't hit that saturation point," he said, noting that the network has yet to decide if all six dramas would be on the air concurrently. With Arrow renewed for its eighth season, Pedowitz is aware that some of the Greg Berlanti-produced DC shows are starting to show signs of age. "Things will age and we want to get the next generation of shows to keep The CW DC universe going for as long as possible," he said. Decisions about final seasons of any of The CW's fare — including Arrow — will likely come around May's upfront presentations to ad buyers. Looking ahead, Pedowitz previewed that the next DC crossover will be the "biggest and most complicated" one the shows have done thus far. Speaking with reporters after his time onstage, the exec said it's highly likely that the "Crisis on Infinite Earths" crossover would feature a character death — which may be a remix of its comic book source material.

Edited by tv echo
35 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Decisions about final seasons of any of The CW's fare — including Arrow — will likely come around May's upfront presentations to ad buyers.

Before people are jumping up and down this was not a quote from Pedowitz that is from the Hollywood Reporter.

When you cut out the spin from THR this is all Pedowitz actually said

"We haven't hit that saturation point,"  "Things will age and we want to get the next generation of shows to keep The CW DC universe going for as long as possible,"

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

There is a similar comment in the Deadline article:

https://deadline.com/2019/02/cw-dc-universe-grow-crossover-arrowverse-mark-pedowitz-1202547363/

Decisions about final seasons of any of The CW’s current lineup — including Arrow — are expected to come around the May upfronts.

There's also one in the CBR write-up of the event:

With upfronts for television advertisers to buy ad space during the 2018-2019 regular television season in May, the network is expected to make the renewal or cancellation decision regarding Arrow's future beyond its upcoming eighth season by the event.

I wonder if he was asked a general question about cancellation of the longer-running shows and people are taking it to mean something for Arrow because of his comment about some of the shows showing their age. 

Speaking with reporters after his time onstage, the exec

4 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

There is a similar comment in the Deadline article:

https://deadline.com/2019/02/cw-dc-universe-grow-crossover-arrowverse-mark-pedowitz-1202547363/

There's also one in the CBR write-up of the event:

I wonder if he was asked a general question about cancellation of the longer-running shows and people are taking it to mean something for Arrow because of his comment about some of the shows showing their age. 

Yep. 

I mean they do it every year, last year they announced the final season for iZombie and JTV and maybe even CEG (I can't remember).  The previous year it was the final season of The Originals.

If anything i'd me more worried about SPN since it's going into S15.  Only way I see Arrow ending with S8 is if SA was adament that he'd only sign on for S8 and that was the end

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1
Just now, Morrigan2575 said:

Yep. 

I mean they do it every year, last year they announced the final season for iZombie and JTV and maybe even CEG (I can't remember).  The previous year it was the final season of The Originals.

Yes, I know. But your previous comment implied that the Hollywood Reporter was running with something that hadn't been hinted at. I just wondered if - because Arrow is singled out in three write-ups - something was mentioned and just wasn't quoted, or if they were insinuating based off of Pedowitz's quote about the shows aging. 

4 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Yes, I know. But your previous comment implied that the Hollywood Reporter was running with something that hadn't been hinted at. I just wondered if - because Arrow is singled out in three write-ups - something was mentioned and just wasn't quoted, or if they were insinuating based off of Pedowitz's quote about the shows aging. 

I don't think it was said about Arrow specifically which is what (to me) THR implied.  I think it was probably a generic comment during his panel about something they do every year and the reports either twisted it to get hits/attention or they themselves inferred that he was talking about Arrow.

Because if you look at his actual quote, it's pretty benign.  We know shows are aging we're looking for their replacements and trying to keep the DC-CW Universe going.  Well, no shit.  That's what every network executive does.  

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

And here's I guess the full quote from Pedowtiz which TV Echo posted in the News & MEdia Thread

"Oh, I don’t have that number yet. We haven’t hit that saturation point in my mind. I’m looking forward to Batwoman. Hopefully, in May we’ll be able to order it to series. I’m thrilled where we are with Arrow, Flash, Legends, Black Lightning, and Supergirl. So I think we have a lot to say. I think there’s more to be said. What I’d really like to do is things will age, and we want to get the next generation of shows to keep this CW Universe going for as many years as possible.

Which to me is a very benign statement.  Maybe it's my reading but, it seemed like THR lumped 2 different things together to try and play it like Arrow's getting a final season announcement in May!

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Which to me is a very benign statement.  Maybe it's my reading but, it seemed like THR lumped 2 different things together to try and play it like Arrow's getting a final season announcement in May!

It is a benign statement, but THR isn't the only outlet to use that language - Deadline and CBR did as well, which was why I mentioned it. 

10 minutes ago, Chaser said:

A couple tweets before that she said it was going to be a very good Valentines Day for certain shippers. Don’t know if it’s connected or not. 

Just based on the tweet she was replying to, it seems more like she'd be talking about some kind of feature happening on the TV Guide site (or some news about Legacies), but who knows.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Before people are jumping up and down this was not a quote from Pedowitz that is from the Hollywood Reporter.

When you cut out the spin from THR this is all Pedowitz actually said

You make it sound like people would be worried Arrow is ending. In reality probably like 90 % of people who watch Arrow want it to end soon lol. Seriously I don't know what the quality of SPN is like, but why drag a show to the point of monotony just to keep it on the air. I mean I know the CW cares about is money over quality judging by the shows they put on the air and the limited ratings they have, but I have no interest in seeing Arrow get dragged along for 15 seasons. 

• Love 1

I kinda just want to be prepared for too much Dinah or Rene or the team in general over Felicity. I mean, I already am, going by the stills and promo, even though I know that can mean nothing, but still. Hoping whoever watches the screener gives us enough teases to know one way or the other. 

Reporters always seem to have the same enthusiastic responses to screeners. It’s always a great episode and fans are always going to love it. I don’t often agree with their opinions. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Chaser said:

A couple tweets before that she said it was going to be a very good Valentines Day for certain shippers. Don’t know if it’s connected or not

She liked a guess that it’s about Olicity so that might be a good sign:

• Love 1

I'm going to prepare for primarily action scenes (because of those emojis GATV used), maybe 1 or 2 Olicity scenes (if we're lucky), probably a few Oliver/Diggle and Oliver/Dinah scenes, zero Felicity/Diggle scenes, and at least 3 shut up Curtis/Dinah/Renes. Oh, and Felicity probably not being acknowledged as the hero she is simply because she doesn't wear a mask.

I figure if I'm pessimistic, I'll be pleasantly surprised. But the milestone episodes have not been the best for Felicity. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

It's always something with him

So passive aggressive Craig. I just want him to lose it when Olicity get pregnant. Full on number tweets.

Im taking the reactions with a grain of salt. They don’t want to lose their screener privileges.

1 hour ago, Trisha said:

She liked a guess that it’s about Olicity so that might be a good sign:

I just checked what day Valentines Day is on and it's a Thursday which is when Legacies airs right? So I'm guessing it's referring to them especially given the Klaroline gif. 

Much as I hate to post any article by this writer (who usually writes pro-Laurel propaganda), here he spills secrets about 712...

‘Arrow’ 7×12 screener secrets: The 150th episode has a few special twists
BY JAY RUYMANN | | 8:00 AM EST, FEBRUARY 3, 2019
https://www.hypable.com/arrow-7x12-screener-secrets/

To celebrate the milestone 150th episode of Arrow, the writers have put together a moving tribute that addresses and honors the past seven seasons of the popular CW series, while still moving the stories along.
Below are five secrets from Arrow 7×12 that will blow your mind.
There’s an interesting flash-forward reveal
Kat McNamara’s character, Blackstar, appears in the episode in a very interesting and unique situation, and she definitely has some secrets to spill.

Alongside her is a character we’ve seen before in the Arrow-verse, but not the exact incarnation. I wish I could spill more, but fans definitely do not want to miss this interaction.
The lives of several vigilantes are in limbo
Emiko finds herself in trouble, which, as the trailer reveals, leads Oliver to the villain’s lair. While there, he discovers several masks from other heroes/anti-heroes we’ve seen before.

The most worrisome is Huntress, whose mask is found in the lair, but is nowhere to be seen.

With an upcoming Birds of Prey-inspired episode, it doesn’t seem like a coincidence that Helena’s life would be put at risk, especially if they’re planning on bringing her back.
Old friends are revisited
While I won’t reveal exactly which characters are revisited, there are several that pay their respects to Oliver and the Green Arrow, as well as several that shed light on the rise of vigilantism in Star City over the last seven years.

Several departed faces show up in new scenes, as the documentary that is being filmed has been a work-in-progress since the Green Arrow first appeared.

With Oliver’s outing as the Green Arrow and his position with the SCPD, the creator of the documentary felt it was the perfect time to resume her work.

Additionally, we do learn that the documentary was created and distributed, but it was banned as pro-vigilante propaganda at some point in Star City’s history.
Another vigilante is unmasked
While everyone in Star City has been so focused on Oliver Queen coming into the light and working as the Green Arrow, Arrow 7×12 sees another hero take off their “mask” and reveal themselves to the world.

It’s unclear what implications this will have on the future of Arrow, but it’s quite possible that Oliver Queen won’t be the only person using their “unique” abilities to protect the city.
Team Arrow lives on
It’s been an interesting journey so far on Arrow season 7. Oliver’s imprisonment, plus the anti-vigilante law, has put a damper on all things Team Arrow as their lives depend on them not going out into the field.

While Curtis and Diggle found their own path at ARGUS, with Dinah and Laurel as very important city employees, Felicity and Rene were left out on the sidelines.

Since Oliver’s return, he’s found a way to continue working as the Green Arrow, with Dinah’s help. However, the rest of them continued to be ignored and their vigilante dreams crushed.

This episode provides an interesting solution and gives hope to a future where Team Arrow can continue to fight criminals together and not be pursued by the police.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, tv echo said:

There’s an interesting flash-forward reveal
Kat McNamara’s character, Blackstar, appears in the episode in a very interesting and unique situation, and she definitely has some secrets to spill.

Alongside her is a character we’ve seen before in the Arrow-verse, but not the exact incarnation. I wish I could spill more, but fans definitely do not want to miss this interaction.

She's hanging out with JJ. :*)

• Love 8

In just the past two years, Jay Ruymann has written articles (for Hypable) like "Black Siren can never replace the original Laurel Lance on ‘Arrow’"
amd "Laurel Lance is finally in the right hands on ‘Arrow’," (for Talk Nerdy for Us) like "What Dinah Laurel Lance Means To Me" and "Top 10 Badass Laurel Lance Moments," (for Hidden Remote) like "'Arrow' - The Legacy of the Black Canary," and (for TV Type) like "Arrow: Why We’re Rejoicing Laurel Lance’s Revival."

He also wrote an article titled "Arrow: Laurel Lance Deserves Better" on Dec. 31, 2015, for Untitled TV, but that site no longer exists; however, I did have this quote from that article preserved in my collection:

… Laurel Lance is such a well-developed, understanding character, and that’s not where the writers have gone wrong with her. They’ve lacked stories that make her more relatable to the fans, giving any and all to Felicity Smoak…. 

There's nothing wrong in advocating for your favorite character, but it's just something to keep in mind when reading spoilers.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

Ahh that explains a lot! Thanks guys!

I was reading that and my already low enthusiasm for 712 plummeted even lower! 

4 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

It seems EBR is growing out her natural hair.

Felicity stops dying her hair because she's preggers? 😜

• Love 1

Here's the link for the SpoilerTV preview mentioned above...
https://www.spoilertv.com/2019/02/arrow-emerald-archer-advance-preview.html 

Arrow “Emerald Archer” was written by the team of Marc Guggenheim and Emilio Ortega Aldrich and was directed by Glen Winter. It is the 150th episode of the series, so of course, they’ve done something a little special with the episode. There are some great guest stars – but of course, I can’t tell you who! There’s also a great reveal at the end of the episode… but I can’t tell you about them either!

The episode is shot like a documentary. There’s some great use of graphics and different cameral techniques. Look for lots of flashback footage and interviews. Lots of hand held camera work to lend authenticity.

There is still a bit of story going forward too as William (Jack Moore) finally makes it home from school. Rene (Rick Gozalez) runs into a little trouble. Emily Bett Rickards has two great scenes with William – who has a surprise for her. Oliver goes to Diggle (David Ramsey) for help – and it’s always great when they have a chance to work together. There’s actually a terrific scene with Diggle dispensing some Diggle-wisdom!

Look for a circle back to the very beginning of the series. Rene gets to play Dad. As always, there are some great fight and action sequences. There is a villain of the week…
And just a few dialogue teases….

You really shouldn’t be in here with us.
Sorry guys. Private party.
Take them into custody.
You promised me full access!
It takes everything from them.
They’re not heroes; they’re criminals.
Consider this your chance to prove me right.
I enjoyed that.
Obviously, this particular comment didn’t age too well.
No one should have to lose their family or anyone they love.
There’s worse things out there than anarchy.
Turn that off.
You shouldn’t have sent me away.
If the police can’t protect the people, then the people need to learn to protect themselves.

Edited by tv echo
31 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Team Arrow lives on
It’s been an interesting journey so far on Arrow season 7. Oliver’s imprisonment, plus the anti-vigilante law, has put a damper on all things Team Arrow as their lives depend on them not going out into the field.

While Curtis and Diggle found their own path at ARGUS, with Dinah and Laurel as very important city employees, Felicity and Rene were left out on the sidelines.

Since Oliver’s return, he’s found a way to continue working as the Green Arrow, with Dinah’s help. However, the rest of them continued to be ignored and their vigilante dreams crushed.

This episode provides an interesting solution and gives hope to a future where Team Arrow can continue to fight criminals together and not be pursued by the police.

Please—and I am begging—do not have Felicity and Rene join the SCPD as some kind of Green Arrow crimefighting support sub-unit. Please.

• Love 7