Type keyword(s) to search

The Profit An Inside Look: LA Dogworks

Amarsir
  • Start Topic

Marcus Lemonis and Amber Mazzola revisit a season one episode featuring the show's most infamous business owner.

I think the guy may have been even worse than I remember. Nice that Marcus straight-up admitted he tries to be Oprah.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Whimsy said:

Yeah, I didn't really remember this guy.  I hope the dogs are being treated way better than the employees. 

They probably are.  I kind of remember Andrew openly expressing that he opened this business because he loves dogs and hates people.

I declined to watch this episode because I did not want to think about this monster and his abuse any more.

• Love 4

My heart goes to the employees.  I hope that those that left or were fired were able to find jobs in a more supportive environment.

What struck me as very interesting though is that Marcus won't allow others to talk about his businesses.

• Love 2

That guy was a nut!  You'd think he'd at least pretend to be normal when the cameras were rolling, but I guess that's just asking too much.  If this had taken place in a later season, I think I would have suspected a "ringer" episode, where Marcus had no real plans to go into business with this guy; he just wanted to make good TV.  However, since this was episode 5, I think Marcus actually believed that he could use his business expertise and common sense and make anyone a success.  Andrew must have been a real wake-up call to him!

Andrew's employees reminded me of a lot of employees we see in "Bar Rescue"; terrible owners who nonetheless seem to keep an incredibly loyal staff (who'd be much better off quitting and going elsewhere).  I'm not sure why people stay in situations like that.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Gregg247 said:

Andrew's employees reminded me of a lot of employees we see in "Bar Rescue"; terrible owners who nonetheless seem to keep an incredibly loyal staff (who'd be much better off quitting and going elsewhere).  I'm not sure why people stay in situations like that.

I can't speak to Bar Rescue, but the employees at LA Dogworks don't have loyalty to Andrew or the business.  Some of them stay out of care for the dogs.  I think most of them stay because their employment prospects are so bad that they don't have much choice.  It would not surprise me to learn that a number of the employees have criminal records.

Edited by Ray Adverb
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, attica said:

The bit that stood out to me was Marcus and Amber commenting how badly the fake turf smelled like urine. ::shudder::

Dogs pee and poop everywhere.  They don't have the decency to do their business inside a box of sand like cats do.  This is the primary reason I love cats and hate dogs.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Ray Adverb said:

Dogs pee and poop everywhere.  They don't have the decency to do their business inside a box of sand like cats do.  This is the primary reason I love cats and hate dogs.

Actually, housebroken dogs go where they have been trained to go.  At least with mine they pee and poop in the grass in the yard.  I do pick up their messes, but at least they don't smell up the house like when my cat poops in her litter box (oh, and litter grains end up outside of the box); I do pick=up from her litter box several times a day.

• Love 1
On 8/12/2018 at 7:31 AM, attica said:

The bit that stood out to me was Marcus and Amber commenting how badly the fake turf smelled like urine. ::shudder::

22 hours ago, Ray Adverb said:

I agree.  That part made me cringe, but more because there was ways to make that better and the owner just didn't do it. 

• Love 2

Andrew’s response to one of the reviews:

Response from the owner3 months ago

Karl, give Comey a rest, he has his own issues. When you are talked into doing an episode of a fake reality TV show...and they set you up to look like an idiot, promise your staff things they can not deliver so they play along ambushing you with false scenarios... Then you have people watch it thinking it is reality... and then they write a review based on what they saw on the TV show, having never set foot in the business... That is how you get reviews like these. Didn't these people realize they were watching a reality TV show and there is no reality to it!!!! I ended up throwing Marcus out on his butt.... so he did everything to get even. Threatened to sue me.... never did. I maybe suing him along with other "victims" who were on the show. I hope that clears things up a bit for you.

• Love 1

Cutie Dog!

Dogs can have really strong reactions to poop and pee. Sometimes they react negatively and other times they will roll in it. So...in a place like DogWorks, I understand that some dogs start pooping and peeing anywhere and everywhere.

Edited by Inspector Bucket