Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E11: Kiaira & Cortney

I have a funny feeling we're not going to get the awesome recaps anymore, which is a bummer because it actually made watching the show kind of fun. But I certainly wouldn't blame her for being as burnt out on the show as everyone else (if my suspicion is correct). I did watch the insane "we have a baby together but have never met!" premiere last night, though, and let me me just say I did not feel sorry for that idiot catfishee at all. How friggin' dumb do you have to be to (a) think $1K is enough money to send to think that you're seriously contributing to a SURROGACY fund, (b) think a surrogate "came through" out of nowhere without meeting with the OTHER mother-to-be, and (c) think the surrogacy came through, went through pregnancy, and gave birth all in the course of a couple months. And then she's talking about walking around having to be careful about her behavior because she's "a mother now." Good lord. She takes the cake, I think her gullibility beats even Katy Perry dude.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, gesundheit said:

I have a funny feeling we're not going to get the awesome recaps anymore, which is a bummer because it actually made watching the show kind of fun. But I certainly wouldn't blame her for being as burnt out on the show as everyone else (if my suspicion is correct). I did watch the insane "we have a baby together but have never met!" premiere last night, though, and let me me just say I did not feel sorry for that idiot catfishee at all. How friggin' dumb do you have to be to (a) think $1K is enough money to send to think that you're seriously contributing to a SURROGACY fund, (b) think a surrogate "came through" out of nowhere without meeting with the OTHER mother-to-be, and (c) think the surrogacy came through, went through pregnancy, and gave birth all in the course of a couple months. And then she's talking about walking around having to be careful about her behavior because she's "a mother now." Good lord. She takes the cake, I think her gullibility beats even Katy Perry dude.

Arguably the dumbest catfishee and dumbest episode ever. There wasn't even any good banter between Nev and Max. (ps, Max, cut or style your hair - I want the spiky look back). I would take the chick with the long hair freaking out at her own shadow over this one. This girl could not have been that dumb. This had to be fake. 

After all these years, why are people (supposedly) still falling for this nonsense? It's really simple - if someone won't meet you, won't video chat, won't send you current pictures from their own phone, hell, won't even talk to you on the phone, all while telling you they love you, then something is very wrong. There's a natural progression a real relationship should take, and if you are stalled at one of the mile markers, it's a damn red flag. Time to cut bait - send no money, don't say I love you, don't agree to be a MOM. SMDH...

• Love 6

Oh and another thing that cracked me up was when she still thought she was going to go meet her "girlfriend," she got all gussied up with FOUR INCH FINGERNAILS. That was supposed to be her great first impression? Any lesbian would run screaming from those nails!

• Love 10
45 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

Arguably the dumbest catfishee and dumbest episode ever.

Agree on the latter, but as to the former, it's hard to beat the guy who still thought he had been talking to Katy Perry after he met the catfish.

• Love 6
(edited)
12 hours ago, gesundheit said:

10 hours ago, LoneHaranguer said:

Agree on the latter, but as to the former, it's hard to beat the guy who still thought he had been talking to Katy Perry after he met the catfish.

I don't know why, but I am still astounded that people on this show are actually so dumb as to believe whatever they believe. She really thought she was a "mom", even though she never even saw a picture of the baby. I can't even call her gullible, she's just too stupid to only be called gullible. She beats Katy Perry guy IMO.

EDITED: I just watched the Nina & Jon episode & was very bored. Interesting that the show seems to have stopped showing the catfishers at the end, I wonder why?

Edited by GaT
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, GaT said:

I just watched the Nina & Jon episode & was very bored. Interesting that the show seems to have stopped showing the catfishers at the end, I wonder why?

I was wondering the same thing. They do print the follow-up but they don't show them anymore?

Kiaira and Cortney had a baby…The only catch is that Kiaira’s never met Cortney nor the baby! Nev and Max are called in to bring her family together, but they worry this could be the greatest manipulation in catfish history.

They've been running this episode multiple times, over the weekend (at least 3 or more times), plus yesterday and today.  Every time I see Kiaira come onscreen, I'm like wow, you're really stupid.

Surrogates are way more than 1k (around 20k to 40k at least).  Then I caught how she got all dressed up, nails done when they were doing the meeting/reveal.  Even with all that Max and Nev told her, nope, she was going to meet her girlfriend.  When she saw it wasn't the more girly sister, she dropped those flowers.  Had it been someone more girly, I doubt her reaction would have been so severe.  And all of the talk - you took away a whole baby.  Over and over - a whole baby (as opposed to those 50% babies out there).  You took away my being a mother.  If you were really a mother, you would have demanded a picture, demanded to see the child right then and there, and threatened to get the authorities involved - if you were really a mother.  She said too, she wanted someone to love her unconditionally.  She is in love with the idea of a baby.  Give her a screaming baby for a few days and see how much she wants a 'whole baby, a whole child'.  Kiaira, maybe start with a fish, see how that goes.  I wouldn't suggest a dog or cat because I don't see her being responsible enough for those types of pets.

I don't understand why she was flown out to CA, then they all flew back to VA.  I'm sure they knew where the Catfish was before anything was filmed.  And why was she in a hotel/motel room if she lived there (in VA)?

I'm also wondering if the sister wasn't involved - maybe they were scamming folks for money?  Not sure how many people would be dumb enough to send money to someone they'd never met - especially for a surrogate.  Yeah we've seen, I need money for my car, for my mom's surgery, my rent, my whatever.  A surrogate just seems a little much; you'd at least want to meet the person before you decide to have a child.  Plus, they'd never discussed who's (or it wasn't stated in the show) egg was to be used, who was the donor sperm, etc.  Just stupid.  Ta-da!  Instant baby.

• Love 3
(edited)

I agree about her being ridiculous to feel like a mom, when she had ZERO contact or exposure to the baby (pretend) and no legal relationship at all.  I think surrogate parents have to adopt the child, so, if you don't go through the steps, there is no legal relationship.  Odd, but, I also agree about why did they have Kiaira fly to CA, when both she and Courtney lived in VA? And, was that a hotel suite she was in? It had a detached garage. Was it an apt?  

I just felt that Brittney was lying.....I just couldn't swallow it.  I don't buy that she needed money to have her car repaired.  Kiarira only gave her $1000. over the course of a year.  A hundred dollars here and there, wouldn't go far towards a car repair bill.  Most of those start at several hundred, so, I don't buy that either. 

But, it wasn't the worst case to me.  The worse one that I saw lately was the one before that yesterday in Charlotte, NC (Tiana and James) where the catfisher was the baby daddy to the victim's best friend!  lol  You know there's a problem with a person when the top reason they are in love with someone  is because that person is able to HANDLE them.  I mean, does that mean you're a wild buck? lol 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2
On 7/12/2018 at 2:18 PM, gesundheit said:

She takes the cake, I think her gullibility beats even Katy Perry dude.

More gullible than the Katy Perry dude, yes.  But not as in denial as the Katy Perry dude.  

• Love 3
On 7/23/2018 at 6:42 PM, Lovecat said:

Kiaira’s stupidity and state of denial is nothing new...I’m hung up on her GUM PIERCINGS. Ew! 

Me too!  At first I thought maybe it was the inside of her lip that was pierced. And it wasn’t even centered properly, which triggered my OCD lol. WTF was up with buying flowers for the person who was so obviously cat fishing?

(edited)

I wonder if the Catfish writers have a scrap bin of bad ideas that they keep yanking out of the basement

Producers are going to run out of new types of stupid to script.....maybe by season 69

Edited by AfterwardsTV