Type keyword(s) to search

Kaitlyn Herman: Love, Light, and Go F*ck Yourself

She may not have her Third Eye firmly on the prize, but our cannonball of an HoH isn't afraid to take a shot a big target.  From deciding to flip out on the alliance she herself named (in Week One, no less!) to her backdoor scheme to skrag Swaggy, Kaitlyn is proving that she knows how to manifest the drama.  So bravo for that.

Also a thumbs up to Lady Calypso in the feeds thread for perhaps the best nickname for Kaitlyn:  Tinkerbell.  (Because she needs applause to live.)

Still in shock that she's a "life coach" at 24.  What can she know about life at that age?  Reminds me of Season 14, when 24-year-old Britney was a coach…and all of her players were older than she was.  Oh, well, at least she's not shy with the advice; a check of her website shows that her services run from $2000-$12,000.  Nice work, if you can get it, I suppose.

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, Halting Hex said:

Still in shock that she's a "life coach" at 24.  What can she know about life at that age?  

Well... she knows how to fake it enough to get paid, I reckon.  All Kaitlyn’s “life, love and positivity” talk is pure marketing.  To her customers, no doubt, Kaitlyn like to project a visage of centered peace and success through positive visualization; in reality, though, that image is a makeup mask of tranquility about as deep as a layer of sweat.  Scratch that layer, and you’ll find Namanasty immediately underneath.

• Love 6
(edited)

"I'm like 90% love and light, and 10% go fuck yourself." 

Holy shit, she pretty much quoted the thread title! (Although, as noted in the episode thread, she may have the proportions quite wrong.) Who's the psychic now, psycho?

That said, I've discovered something even scarier…I'm starting to find Kaitlyn cute.

I mean, I don't like her as a person at all, and she's not as straight-up sexy as Angela or Rachel (Haleigh not only has that thing on her forehead, but her face is too blocky for me), but the way Kaitlyn can sometimes work those big eyes, as when she was disappointed in not winning the Power App in episode 20.09, it is pushing some buttons I'd rather not have her push. Sigh.  

Why is this being wasted on a nutjob who gets offended about being pitched as a backdoor candidate?  Not fair, guys, not fair at all.  The universe hates me, I'm telling you.  My aura must be pitch black.  

Edited by Halting Hex
  • Love 2

I don't think you have to take it all seriously, she  enjoys playing up the visions stuff, she did say she was looking for a daytime Emmy.  Without some characters in the house you'd be left with some boring people in there.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Nashville said:

Just wanted to state for the record I think this is one of the best thread titles EVER - it makes me happy every time I read it.  :)

'Bot First... is pretty genius as well.  

• Love 2
On 7/23/2018 at 12:43 PM, Nashville said:

Just wanted to state for the record I think this is one of the best thread titles EVER - it makes me happy every time I read it.  :)

I had a vision that you were going to post this.

• Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

I had a vision that you were going to post this.

BWAH!  (And thanks for all the props.)

Kait better be using looking for new allies; it's clear that Foutté hasn't forgiven her for taking out Chris, and they won't be too happy that L65+2 is going to keep her over Angie (I presume).  Once bitten, twice Fessy and all that.  You don't need a "hit" to see that.  (And after she named the group!  I tell you, gratitude is dead.  You think it was easy coming up with "Foutté"?)

In even more troubling news, she keeps getting hotter and hotter.  I mean, not in everyday life, but when she's all made up as in that final DR session…damn.  To quote my other favorite show:

XANDER (about his attraction to Buffy continuing under…unusual circumstances): I'm sick!

WILLOW (resigned but amused):  Don't I know it.

Or to quote the BB Voice:  STOP THAT!

Edited by Halting Hex
19 minutes ago, Halting Hex said:

Well, now she can reconnect with (ex-) boyfriend Joe.  The Jang to her Jin, and all of that.  Yo, Yoe, don't do it, bro.

Well, Joe has had plenty of time to move and change phone numbers, so....  :>

• Love 1

I haven't seen any like that, but (spoiler alert - if it ever makes it to the broadcast shows, which is unlikely) there was a hilarious convo last night after she left. Angela, Brett, Fessy, JC, and Rachel - check out "chimasmic" [brilliant name, btw] tweets from around 3am Eastern.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, IndyMischa said:

I haven't seen any like that, but (spoiler alert - if it ever makes it to the broadcast shows, which is unlikely) there was a hilarious convo last night after she left. Angela, Brett, Fessy, JC, and Rachel - check out "chimasmic" [brilliant name, btw] tweets from around 3am Eastern.

• Love 3

Hey, did anyone else see on live feed awhile back when Kaitlyn & Rachel was frantically dancing around Haleigh while she read? That was the most hilarious shit I ever seen! I LMAO!! Was falling in the floor laughing. B.B. should air that clip. Everyone would LOVE IT!! ?????

On 7/27/2018 at 11:30 AM, Skyfall said:

Please please please someone post any tweets of her realizing how Tyler played her and how Joe is gone. I beg of thee!

She's back on Twitter and Instagram. No posts about Joe but she hasn't removed old pictures of him.

Screenshot_20180730-091638.png

43 minutes ago, BBFanTX said:

She's back on Twitter and Instagram. No posts about Joe but she hasn't removed old pictures of him.

Screenshot_20180730-091638.png

It makes me wonder if her and Joe are actually still together. Maybe they're going to work things out. Kaitlyn has not said much about Joe, but I'd think she would be more upset if they really were over and done with.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Mystery said:

Since everything she does annoys me, of COURSE she uses extras of the letters that you don't really drag out. It's "I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaack." 

I dunno; personally, I thought the cat-hacking-up-a-hairball sound I associated with K’s “I’m baccckkkkk!” post to be entirely appropriate.  :>

50 minutes ago, HartofDixie said:

Just in case any guys out there feel they’ve passed up their last few opportunities lately to REALLY fuck up their lives....

• Love 1

No surprise that she doesn't fully get what she was doing was wrong, but she may never see it. 

That being said, she still seems to approach all of this with maturity. At least she can admit that the n-word incident was completely wrong. Plus, she doesn't seem to be bitter, and we all know she wouldn't be able to hide that since she wears her heart on her sleeve. She's handled this way better than Swaggy, who sounds very bitter. I say that he's allowed to be bitter because he got evicted in a shitty way. I'll give him a pass because it's still fresh for him. But if he's still bitter by finale night, I'm gonna be rolling my eyes. Winston and Kaitlyn have both handled their evictions better, and Winston was also blindsided. 

I do respect the way Kaitlyn's handling this. She's even taking her break-up well publicly. And if she's not taking it well privately, then that's ok. And if she's taking it fine privately as well, maybe it was just something that she knew was going to happen eventually. She's still young and she'll find a relationship eventually. She just needs to mature first. 

Overall, Kaitlyn made a lot of mistakes with the men in the house, but hopefully this is a learning experience for her. I gotta say, I would not mind seeing her make an appearance in the future (no, not necessarily as a houseguest, although if we're forced to get vets in future seasons, Kaitlyn and Winston are the only two I want to have a second chance). 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Nashville said:

Just in case any guys out there feel they’ve passed up their last few opportunities lately to REALLY fuck up their lives....

*applause for this savagery* Well played. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

if we're forced to get vets in future seasons, Kaitlyn and Winston are the only two I want to have a second chance

Bringing back pre-jury boots is something I'm skeptical of (still don't believe Da'Vonne earned even a hosting gig, much less a second go in the house), but there's no denying that Kaitlyn is gold.  If we ever get a proper all-Stars again (I can live without more "Paul explains it all" seasons, obviously), I'd love to see her back.

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, Halting Hex said:

Bringing back pre-jury boots is something I'm skeptical of (still don't believe Da'Vonne earned even a hosting gig, much less a second go in the house), but there's no denying that Kaitlyn is gold.  If we ever get a proper all-Stars again (I can live without more "Paul explains it all" seasons, obviously), I'd love to see her back.

Da'vonne was the one I never understood the hype about. Ok, she made funny DRs. She was a shit player overall. 

I'm ok with pre-jury boots returning because sometimes, they are people who never got to show their full potential and it's always nice to see people who got screwed early on get a second chance. Kaitlyn's one who is, at least, entertaining and her game wasn't awful, per say. She was a decent competitor and made moves, but she was too tangled in the men and her narcissism led to her downfall. But she made for a good houseguest who was fun to watch. Maybe different circumstances could make her a better player. 

If we do have an All Stars season (all vets are better than a mix of vets and newbies for me), Kaitlyn is the top person I want to see return, for sure (again, along with Winston for this season). 

• Love 4

Oh gawd, that comic is priceless!

Where is Kaitlyn currently living?  Or operating?  I ask only because I was recently eating breakfast in Livingston, Montana returning from a Yellowstone vacation, and I swear to you Kaitlyn was at the next table marketing a rafting adventure business to someone.  Or she was "life coaching" someone to step out of their box and face a fear by going on this or that adventure.  I couldn't tell which without being terribly rude--to my own breakfast companions, or to her table.

Or...it could have just been someone deeply resembling Kaitlyn.  She is a "type" I've seen around a lot--big eyes, five-head, full lips, long honey brown hair, petite, intense, hippie-yoga new age woo-woo aura.

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, HurricaneVal said:

Oh gawd, that comic is priceless!

Where is Kaitlyn currently living?  Or operating?  I ask only because I was recently eating breakfast in Livingston, Montana returning from a Yellowstone vacation, and I swear to you Kaitlyn was at the next table marketing a rafting adventure business to someone.  Or she was "life coaching" someone to step out of their box and face a fear by going on this or that adventure.  I couldn't tell which without being terribly rude--to my own breakfast companions, or to her table.

Or...it could have just been someone deeply resembling Kaitlyn.  She is a "type" I've seen around a lot--big eyes, five-head, full lips, long honey brown hair, petite, intense, hippie-yoga new age woo-woo aura.

Pretty sure Special K is hanging around LA until the Finale, at least.

Oh, Special K, how I miss you.

I was reading in the Amazing Race anticipation thread (in case you don't know, TAR 31, featuring several former houseguests, has been moved up because Million Dollar Mile couldn't make it out of the starting blocks; the premiere is next Wednesday) and somebody wasn't terribly pro-Brenchel (forgive them, Goddess Rachel, they know not what they do…) and I decided to look up whether Brendon has finally finished that Ph.D. that Rachel (in part) financed for him.

He has, and as I learned by reading Dr. Villegas's extensive and well-written LinkedIn page, he's now moving from lung cancer research to exploring treatments of Alzheimer's Disease.  (I did not know that Alzheimer's cases are predicted to triple by 2050.  Scary.)  And, perhaps unsurprisingly, the "you might like…" pages suggested by LinkedIn were some of Brendon's fellow former HGs, including Our Girl Kait.  

Whose page was definitely not "extensive and well-written", consisting of but a single sentence.  (Something about helping people to "see life as opportunities, not obstacles".  How deep!)  But it does include Kaitlyn's resume, which is how I learned that she attended the State University of New York…at Oneonta.

Now, I'll confess that it's been a while since I myself went through the SUNY system, and for all I know, Oneonta might be a well-respected and serious institution of higher education these days.  I mean, back when I was in college, the Soccer Hall of Fame was still in Oneonta (it's been relocated to the suburbs of Dallas), so there's been time for things to have changed.  But, back in the day, SUNY-O was the party school for people who found other party schools too tame.  It made Geneseo look like a monastery, by comparison.  Arizona State?  Not even in the same league.  I'm not even sure Oneonta held classes, much less that anyone attended them.

Okay, I'm sure I'm exaggerating.  (Maybe.)  But if there was ever a school built for Kaitlyn, Oneonta was it.  Keep 'em flying, Spirit Guide!

• LOL 2

So, context on the Kaitlyn/Ika fight over the Sequester Mini weekend for BBUS vs BBCan:

For context, Ika was pissed because a group chat was formed before the game where Ika was the target in the game. According to Ika's source (she never names who her source was, but it was clearly someone a part of the group chat), a bunch of girls (including Kaitlyn, Rachel Swindler, and two Canadians) were making personal jabs at Ika, so she unfollowed them before the game started. Some shit went down during the game due to this where Kaitlyn was dragged out by one of her friends, BBCan's Liza (who apparently started the group chat) to avoid getting hate by Ika's fans.. Kaitlyn was also calling Ika a bully during the game because of how she was treated another Canadian player, Maddy (who is seen in the video below).

So, after all of this went down, Rachel S and Maddy were denying that they said anything personal about Ika in the group chats. Kaitlyn decided to double down on the bullying talk about Ika and was making passive aggressive comments about Ika before leaving once she heard that Ika was showing up. The clip above is when Kaitlyn re-enters the call a couple of hours later after she heard about Ika bitching about Kaitlyn running away like a coward. 

For the record, both Ika and Kaitlyn sound ridiculous. But Kaitlyn goes into her typical "I'm a victim" mode and I think she was 100% looking for a fight with Ika and then couldn't handle it. She re-entered the call TO fight with Ika. 

Also, after this, she unfollowed RHAP's Taran and Brent on Twitter (I'm guessing because they didn't jump in to save her) and then deactivated her Twitter, although I think the latter is because she was likely getting a LOT of hate from Ika stans. And, to be fair to Kaitlyn, Ika is obviously very rude and mean and I don't care that she has a brand where she calls people uglies. I can't blame Kaitlyn for deactivating her Twitter and leaving after this. Both women are at fault for what went down here, for sure.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2