Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E11: Beer and Trembling 2018.06.14

• Start Topic

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 1:48 PM, VedaPierce said:

Yes, and I’m aware we are all different and special in our own wonderful ways. :) of course no two cases in any human condition is ever the same. I’m just not buying his shortcomings are a result of his ADHD, or what he SAYS is ADHD. That’s the trouble with lying people, they’re not quite believable. 

Lying to your mother about graduating from college (that she no doubt payed for) is not because you have ADHD. It’s because you’re a lying sack of shit. 

I agree mostly but when your inattention has you failing on the regular, sometimes your embarrassment and struggle to follow through makes you feel as if you are a let down to everyone and you might lie as well.

On 6/19/2018 at 4:42 PM, Oosala said:

Credit where credit is due.  Beer name 'Austen Translation' is from the 'Confessions of a Southern Charm Newbie' website.

YES! that's where I got it. It's a good beer name, thought I would Pedantic share it with fellow Charmers, due to the Cleverness.

• Love 1
On 6/20/2018 at 4:21 AM, RedHawk said:

Yeah, there is that, too. For all I defended about him, I haven’t watched the past three episodes closely, so when I read comments about his admission that he’s a liar, I have to say that I just don’t get Craig. Maybe that’s what drove Naomi to such intense levels of anger, that his personality seems to shift so much. 

True.  Also, with Craig and some others on the show, it appears that narcissism is a huge factor.  When you are into yourself as much as they are, it often makes them their own worst enemy. 

1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

True.  Also, with Craig and some others on the show, it appears that narcissism is a huge factor.  When you are into yourself as much as they are, it often makes them their own worst enemy. 

In general, I can think of few if any reality show cast members who lack a certain arrogance.  It is likely an essential trait for being successful at what they do.  Now, some are a helluva lot nicer than others, but they all weigh down the narcissist side of the scale.

• Love 2
On 6/22/2018 at 7:26 AM, ozzy said:

did Pat just say There is nothing worse than bad Potpourri?

White people problems

Everybody has got those crazy insignificant problems like that not just rich white ladies. Everybody.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Higgins said:

There are worse things but bad potpourri sucks.

You mean bad potpourri STINKS!!! (hyuck-hyuck)

I’m just in shock that people even still use potpourri—-didn’t this decorative touchstone mostly die out by the late 90’s/early aught’s? It just seems so dated to me now, especially since there are so many far superior ways to spread fragrance within your home nowadays: scented candles, oils, melted wax, etc...plus, most of the people I used to know who put out potpourri kept it out *way* too long. When it’s already attracting dust and the dogs are either eating it or the cats are digging in it like a litter box, time to toss the potpourri!

Speaking of dated, after the last event Patricia hosted at her home, I’m starting to realize that her lovely house is looking a bit...old ladyish...

I know she’s into that heavily traditional decor and part of that style is just how the house is expected to look, but it seems a bit cluttered and filled with useless bric-a-brac. When she had the guys night and they were all gathered in her sitting room before dinner, it just felt like there were way too many little cocktail tables and knick-knacks in there surrounding them all. Patricia obviously embraces the “more is more” mantra, but it looks like her expensive curio collections and shopping habits are gradually overtaking that entire lovely estate.

• Love 4