Type keyword(s) to search

The Flash in the Media

Lisin
  • Start Topic

'Grant Gustin Comments On Wentworth Miller...'

"And also the fans love those two characters together. We always talk about when we act together. We're like, 'Man, I love these scenes.' They're different than anything else that the two of us do together on our show. There's all kinds of dynamics there. They started as enemies, and they came to respect each other and I think they came to care about each other even. But there's trust issues there, probably on both sides. There's a lot going on. There's probably more going on with that relationship than almost any other Barry relationship."

7 hours ago, mtlchick said:

WB is only acting retroactively because it cannot risk the bad publicity in this anti-sexual harassment moment, but better than nothing. They and Berlanti knew about Kreisberg's disgusting behavior for years and did nothing. I wonder what Geoff Johns has to say for himself. The media is also writing about DC Comics  covering up and ignoring sexual harassment allegations against Eddie Berganza.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1
55 minutes ago, phoenics said:

I just read this article and came here to see if anyone else saw it.  This is huge... and I don't believe for a second that it stops with him.

There are about two pages of discussion about this over in the Mind Your Surroundings thread in the Arrow forum.  But the topic is being discussed over in the Everything Else TVforum. This subject has its own thread.

Candice Patton Previews The WestAllen Wedding: *spoilers*

On a recent visit to the Flash set in Vancouver, BC, FlashTVNews was part of a group that was able to talk to Candice Patton about the upcoming big event for “WestAllen”… starting with the declaration that fans have waited long enough.

“I think it’s time,” Candice said. “I think that fans have been waiting for three years. It’s been a long time coming. They’ve had other partners, relationships, trials, tribulations and so I think it’s time. I think Season 4 is a good time for them to kinda make it all happen… the Wedding of the Century, essentially,” she said.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1

Tom Cavanagh Previews the Upcoming “Council of Wells”:

And with that many Wellses on hand, there’s a lot to talk about. Thankfully, a group of journalists and I were able to talk to Tom Cavanagh last week from The Flash set in Vancouver about the upcoming episode, and what fans can expect.

“This show will come and run its course, or it will be like Supernatural and never end,” Cavanagh joked. “And, then it will all be done, but at least we will have this stamp of shamelessness. With the Council of Wells, I will always be able to point to that and go, ‘Look at this exercise in egotism that we managed to pull off.’ Unfortunately, for Brent Crowell, who is our production manager, it was his first time directing this show. He got saddled with having to tolerate me not playing just one character, or two characters which I normally do, but playing a multitude of characters, each one worse than the next. But, only if you line them up that way.”

On 11/12/2017 at 8:47 PM, Trini said:

Video of the full Fan Expo panel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCW8eesFGsE

Finally watched the entire thing, and the cast is so funny! One interesting part was when they said they know the best how to troll the show -- there's been bits of that in the gag/blooper reels. I actually appreciate when actors, etc. recognize how ridiculous some of their projects are.

Interview with Hartley Sawyer (Ralph Dibny):

“The learning curve from zero to hero is a pretty big one. It takes most of the episode for him to get there. It’s tricky because Ralph was not, you know, a bad guy but has just gone on this path. And so coming back from that has been tricky. And also kind of the animosity with Barry has been tricky for him too, but it’s given us a lot of opportunities to play off of that. And just now getting these powers it’s sort of like winning the lottery, like ‘I’ll buy an island, I’ll do this, I’ll do that’. It’s like ‘whoa, take it easy.’ It’s kind of like learning that there’s risks that come with that too.”

• Love 1

Greg Berlanti Meets With Casts & Crews Amid Andrew Kreisberg Harassment Claims

On Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, Berlanti and Schechter, who head up Berlanti Productions, which produces the shows, held meetings with the casts and crew of all of their series — both in Burbank as well as Vancouver, where many of the superhero shows are filmed. Those meetings, which were mandatory for employees in Burbank, are expected to continue Thursday and Friday.

At the meetings, staffers were encouraged to contact Warner Bros. HR if they had information relevant to Kreisberg’s case or to any other matter relating to safety, inappropriate behavior or harassment. Sources say Berlanti was “apologetic” that employees had not felt empowered to come forward. The purpose of the meetings is to reassure everyone that their jobs were secure, and give them an opportunity to air any grievances without fear of retribution.

“It seems like they’re committed to repairing the damage that’s been done, but in some ways, it feels like too little, too late,” says one source.

Grant Gustin on Barry and Ralph Dibny's Dynamic

"Hartley and I started to hit it off right away, honestly," Gustin said. "I'm sure everyone's made this connection, comparison. He's like a young Jim Carrey. Someone started to say it on set right away, just all the physical comedy stuff he can do. He's a really seasoned, talented actor, so it's fun to have him on set for sure." ...

"It's fun because I'm missing Julian this year, Tom Felton," he explained. "He's not a replacement but it's nice to have someone to fill that void and to have another guy around. He's a really talented, funny actor so he's fun to work with."

I'd read somewhere that the article/photoshoot Candice did is supposed to be out this week:

Will this reach 1 million likes??

And along with the sponsored "stretched scenes", there's a behind the scenes video with interview clips with Hartley Sawyer, Candice and Danielle on the CW website and the CW app.

19 hours ago, Trini said:

Will this reach 1 million likes??

It reached 1 million! In just over 2 days!

---

'The 26 greatest romances in science fiction's last two decades'

Barry Allen and Iris West, The Flash

After his mother was murdered and his father was wrongfully imprisoned for her death Barry (Grant Gustin) went to live with Iris (Candice Patton), his classmate and childhood crush. They end up growing up together and after he gets struck by lightning during a particle accelerator explosion and becomes a super speedster, she joins a team of scientists who are helping him use his gift to fight crime in their city. On the show as in the comics, Iris is Barry’s lightning rod, the bright spot in his life that keeps his spirits up when fighting a host of evil villains, and his human lighthouse when he is lost in the multiverse and needs to find his way home. In a recent meta moment on the show Barry reassures Iris that they are “the gold standard” of relationships.

• Love 1

FlashTVNews set interviews with Carlos Valdes and Jesse L. Martin -

“It really is a team effort” for the team to stop DeVoe, Carlos said. “In spite of Cisco’s prowess over technology and his engineering feats and all of his tech, it really is a team effort. Especially with the focus of the writing this year in regards to how DeVoe is being tackled, when DeVoe effects his plan, it affects everyone, and it’s really more about just seeing how the ensemble reacts to that.”

And another crossover promo:

• Love 1

Chronicles of Cisco wedding edition:

Can you smell that? That sweet, sweet smell? That’s love and it is in the air! Barry and Iris’ wedding is coming up fast and despite being Barry’s best man, I still don’t have a wedding gift (gimme a break, your boy has had a lot on his plate). After the bachelor party uh… “situation” I feel like I have to really knock it out of the park here. After all, what kind of best man would I be if I didn’t give the best gift as well? ...

This gif you guys!

tumblr_inline_ozug85qdrI1sfco34_500.gif

What TVLine Is Thankful For (2017)

Matt Webb Mitovich Is Thankful for….

THE FLASH BEING FUN AGAIN

Throughout the battle with steely Savitar and knowing the grim (and often-revisited) fate that awaited Iris, Season 3 of the superhero drama got superdark. And while Season 4 perhaps is indulging in, say, 20 percent too much Ralph too fast, the lighter overall touch is greatly welcome, from “WestAllen” oversharing with the therapist to Cisco/Gypsy dating misadventures to hysterically malfunctioning speed suit upgrades.

'11 Teases for the Arrow-verse Four-Way Crossover'

------------

Joe West: A Reason Flash Fans Should Be Thankful

Martin, along with Tom Cavanagh, were the two familiar faces going into season one. And when you’re doing a show about a superhero who is also a crime scene analyst, who better to make the cop portion of the show feel legit than the guy who was on Law & Order for almost 200 episodes? He made the police work Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) seem legit. He is also the only surviving ‘father’ of the triangle of dads that Barry had when the series started — his real dad, his adopted dad and his mentor. He lost Wells at the end of season one, Henry in season two… but Joe is still there for him.

And in many cases, Joe is not only the heart of the series as he watches his children deal with things way more powerful than he could ever fight, but he’s also the realist. He’s the guy who calls out what’s gross, crazy, or just way too complicated. Joe is the everyman — he’s the audience — and he is the character we are thankful keeps going.