Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05: Kimmy and the Beest!

(edited)

Wow, jokes about Disney supposedly sending bad messages to kids! Wait until the next episode, where we get to hear their jokes about Charlie Sheen and airline food! Truly breaking new ground for comedy!

It was funny seeing the hipster couple again, and the rest of the stuff with the kids was pretty good.

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 4

Diane from Black-ish!!!

I enjoyed this episode. The changes to the play were funny and I like how Jackie and Lillian sold those tickets - they must've made some serious money at $100 a pop.

• Love 2
On 6/5/2018 at 10:57 AM, xander874 said:

Diane from Black-ish!!!

I enjoyed this episode. The changes to the play were funny and I like how Jackie and Lillian sold those tickets - they must've made some serious money at $100 a pop.

There must have been 150 tickets since they spent $1,500.  If they sold all of them, they made 150 x $90 = $13,500.

On 6/5/2018 at 10:57 AM, xander874 said:

Diane from Black-ish!!!

I was like "DIANE!" It's nice that she wasn't playing a sociopath here.

When Titus was walking up the stairs and he heard High School Titus singing, he mouthed "Is that me?!" That cracked me up for some reason.

• Love 2
On 6/7/2018 at 12:53 AM, ItCouldBeWorse said:

There must have been 150 tickets since they spent $1,500.  If they sold all of them, they made 150 x $90 = $13,500.

I’m thinking it was said at the parent meeting that they were $30/each. I could be mistaken, of course. 

8 hours ago, AnnieBeez said:

I’m thinking it was said at the parent meeting that they were $30/each. I could be mistaken, of course. 

The school was charging $10/ticket. When Jacqueline and Lilian went to the PTA meeting, they offered to sell the tickets to parents for $30 each. When the parents refused, Jacqueline and Lilian sold them to hipsters for $100 each.

• Love 4

This trend of the show pretending to have a revelation about stuff the rest of society has already covered and moved on from is getting really old. I would really love someone in the last episode of this batch to tell Kimmy that, hey, we know you were stuck underground for fifteen years and are still catching up, but we've already had these discussions and you are not stumbling on new ground here. It's really disappointing because in earlier seasons the show felt so fresh and had a lot of new things to say. Isn't there anyone in the writer's room that's the least bit in touch? I feel like they should hire some random twenty-something to go over scripts and let the writers know, "No yeah that's a thing we all know already."

Otherwise I found this episode delightful. I loved the return of the hipsters. "Oh I see, we're the parents. I'm in it already."

Freakishly strong Kimmy is the best Kimmy.

• Love 2
On 6/9/2018 at 2:07 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

The school was charging $10/ticket. When Jacqueline and Lilian went to the PTA meeting, they offered to sell the tickets to parents for $30 each. When the parents refused, Jacqueline and Lilian sold them to hipsters for $100 each.

Ah, thanks.