Type keyword(s) to search

Constantine Anticipation

Just caught news of this the other day. I am excite. I wonder if they'll let the show go as dark as Hellblazer did at times. This could wind up being a diamond in the rough if they aren't too goofy with it. Constantine isn't exactly as I would have pictured him, but looks-wise, he's a big step-up from the Keanu Reeves version.

• Love 2

See, I was okay with that Movie; it just didn't need to be called Constantine, imo.

This show, however? I hold my breath every time I watch it! I love it! Perfection? Why would anyone think that in anything connected to John? Yet, I feel like a teen and I'm 48, never really followed the comic, and am easily grossed out.

NBC, if they stay brave after the critical success of Hannibal, could let this show go really far.  (I have found myself, like Mason Verger, "terrified and delighted" by Hannibal and the title character, so I'm thinking Constantine should be easier for me now.)

Can't wait for my dark Fridays this Fall! Now, if NBC can develop something besides Dateline to lead into Grimm.

• Love 2

Can't wait for my dark Fridays this Fall! Now, if NBC can develop something besides Dateline to lead into Grimm.

Totally agree. Who knew Friday nights could end up with one of the most solid line-ups of the week? And as I'm just now getting into Hannibal myself and plan to catch up on season 2 over the summer, I'm really going to have to come up with some good excuses to dodge social obligations on Friday nights.

• Love 2

I'm in. The trailer and the other preview clips looks good.

I'd love the possibility of a Grimm-Constantine-Hannibal night but know that that's unlikely. It would make for a good thematic block (and some good live/delayed viewing).

I was dubious about that project at first but I adore Harold Perrineau so I am IN! Also, the trailer looks wayyyy more promising than I ever expected. I hope the show lives up to the trailer!

I'm excited too, even though the comics were too dark for me past the arc they used for the movie (which I unabashedly love). Apparently I can do tv gore without too much trouble, if Hannibal is an indication, but the comic art had a nasty way of sticking with me. Hope this turns out to be a solid show with a lot of crazy supernatural exploration.

• Love 1

I watched the movie this weekend after reading all the issues I still have with me (basically the Mike Carey and Denise Mina runs) in anticipation and I realize why I found the movie disappointing but not horrible.

The first time I saw the movie the "Bad Habits" story went by so quickly I forgot how it was included. And the big change bothered me when I notice it -- the ending of the comic storyline has John selling his soul to three different demons who realize that if he dies they'll be obligated to fight a war over which one of them gets his soul. In the movie, John commits an act so noble it earns him passage into heaven, which obliges Lucifer to cure his cancer.

That's a huge difference and it takes away what's a major aspect of John's character for me. He's clever. That's what I need for this show to have. I need John not to just be a cynical asshole like Dean Winchester, I need him to be someone who outsmarts demons.

• Love 1

I think Grimm as a lead in is a good thing.  Nice solid audience to hopefully stick around.  I'm looking forward to seeing this version of Constantine.  Hopeful that they will let it have its head and not hold the show back too much.

Can anyone explain why the hate for the movie? I really liked it and I have read almost all of Hellblazer and the sister titles, nods and so on, for the life of me, I can't understand why that movie is so disliked.

I think the actors were great, they went in a completely different direction in many aspects in regards to the movie than the comics and there were some awesome moments... I have seen a lot of movies getting so much hype for delivering less than half of what the movie did.

I know, I know... all is subjective... ;)