Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: Chapter 15

Bort

When Farouk called David and himself 'Gods', he wasn't speaking in hyperbole, was he? I'm beginning to wonder what David's limits are, outside of inexperience.

I'm not sure what I find sadder, Ptonomy's fate or the probable end of Jon Hamm's lecture series.

Hard not to see this ep as a pointed commentary on the trump era.

So the rolls royce is Farouk’s astral plane time machine?

When future Syd was talking to Farouk I thought she might be playing him, but later I wasn’t so sure. 

And the attack by the insanity monster was random and not in any way connected to everything else going on?

This episode was especially gross and disturbing.

• Love 3

Still not enough Aubrey Plaza.

But Lenny obviously managed to shake Syd’s nerve with the rape stuff. A short scene, but really well done.

I’m sorry to say that Farouk bores the shit out of me, especially when the show expects me to read all of his subtitles.

• Love 1
(edited)

Well... Wait... So... Did... Huh?

Well, probably the grossest episode of the season.  Even as gross/disturbing as the episode was, this was the first episode I felt... kinda moving slow.  I was checking the clock several times.

I was wondering when show was going to get around to the delusion/fear that planted in Ptonomy's ear, seems like an eternity ago. 

Future Syd and Farouk, I'm not sure who was playing who.

Fukyama... lamest... reveal... ever... with this show, he could have been anything... 

Edited by CyberJawa1986

Wow, the most shocking moment of this show is finding out that Fuyama is just some guy with facial scars. 

That insanity monster was so freaking gross, especially when it was crawling around inside of everyone. So, was that not connected to anything else? I did love how David was just like "Yeah, this isnt a great time for us to deal with you..."

I hope this isnt the end of the Jon Hamm lecture series. I would watch a whole series just of Jon Hamm talking about sociological and psychological stuff, with cool retro visuals. I would go to Jon Hamms Ted Talk in a heart beat. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

That insanity monster was so freaking gross, especially when it was crawling around inside of everyone. So, was that not connected to anything else?

I wondered the same re: connection. I thought the delusion creatures were metaphoric at first. The negative things we tell ourselves and obsess over. Guess not, though maybe that's what feeds them. I wondered if I missed something where Farouk left the little beasts behind. We saw Lenny with one, but I didn't take that as happening in the physical world. So much trippiness, some just goes by me. (I'll rewatch all when the season is done.)

17 hours ago, CyberJawa1986 said:

Fukyama... lamest... reveal... ever... with this show, he could have been anything... 

1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

Wow, the most shocking moment of this show is finding out that Fuyama is just some guy with facial scars. 

Fukyama said in an earlier episode that they (Division 3, I guess) had implanted something in his brain and that the pain was torturous. I wondered earlier about mutilation from that meddling, but someone else referenced Komuso, a sect of Zen Buddhist monks. Not the first monk we've seen. The nightmarish visions were just manifestations of the delusion/insanity creatures.

• Love 2

Just a WAG but I was thinking that maybe in Future Syd's timeline David had been infected by the delusion monster. Whether that has been averted now, or not, or if that's what really happened I have no idea.

Was Future Syd hinting that it is actually David who ends up being why they still need Farouk or did Farouk himself just assume that?

So, those ink-like creatures they've been showing were insanity monsters that caused everyone to lose their minds and become paranoid.  David was able to save Syd and Clark at least, but Ptonomy is certainly the worst for wear, now.

Curious to see what Lenny's game will end up being or if she's actually sincere (for once.)

Did we get any hint where the insanity monster originated? I thought at first that it was behind the tooth-chattering catatonia, but apparently that was passed on by the Mi-Go monk, whose order somehow picked it up from Farouk's body depsite Farouk not knowing where that was located?

If I'm not mistaken, it crawled into Ptonomy's room before David was in his brain to pull him out of the maze mindscape—guess that mental infection was easier to find and correct.

Oh great so we're back to the super confusing episodes now.

At least they finally confirmed that it's David who destroys the future.

It was pretty funny when David just started talking to the monster 'Look this isn't a great time for me'. Although it was scary how it showed how powerful he is  - he easily reversed their sizes, trapped it in a jar and then just blew it up by looking at it. He could probably do that with anything.

I'm trying to figure out what the insanity creatures have to do with ANYTHING at all. Other than the Jon Hamm lectures (which I have enjoyed).

What the hell even happened to Ptonomy at the end - he was hooked up to a digital tree and is now in a ones and zeros room with a woman in a rocking chair???

They confirmed nothing, Farouk made a guess and Future Syd didn't contradict him. The future threat could easily be something unrelated that Syd didn't want Farouk knowing about in advance.

Hell, on this show it could be that someone pirate broadcasts "Szomorú vasárnap" during the Olympics and sparks a wave of mass suicides across the globe.

• Love 1
On 5/18/2018 at 12:41 PM, tennisgurl said:

I hope this isnt the end of the Jon Hamm lecture series. I would watch a whole series just of Jon Hamm talking about sociological and psychological stuff, with cool retro visuals.

Get Morgan Freeman on board and we'd have an eargasm of epic proportions.

• Love 1