Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Discuss-ish

• Start Topic

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:

1. Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  2. Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  3. If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

• Character topics
  • Episode topics
  • Season topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

"I'm in charge of Black stuff?" reminded me of my own Black stuff moment: I used to work at a temp agency and one day I was given an assignment at a gift shop to fill in as a cashier -- even though I had no retail experience. Turns out, it was the gift shop at the Schomburg and I realized that I was only there because I was one of the few (only?) Black temps the agency had! I felt sorry for the shop manager, though; she must have been annoyed that she had to teach me how to use a cash register.

Edited by Trini

Enjoying this show, but I hope to see more of the adults interacting with each other and their colleagues and friends.  Not that the children are bad actors, I just have a limited tolerance for watching kids on TV.  Has anyone heard whether we will see the adults more?

I don't think this is the right place to put this, but....yesterday, my husband and I were having a quick dinner before heading home.  We were in Columbus Circle , NYC at an outdoor café.   Who would walk by but Jennifer Lewis?  She looked like she was coming from working out, perhaps in the park.  She had full work-out gear on and FULL makeup!.   This woman stopped her (I think the woman is a co-worker) and asked for a picture.  She obliged, but told the woman she was in a hurry and to make it quick.   I loved that she changed their position to get a better selfie shot.   I was staring at her and said something to my husband.  She must have seen me, so when she walked by our table, she put her hand on my shoulder and said "I see you," and continued speed walking along.  She started saying hello and waving to random people as she walked by.  

• Love 5

I don't think this is the right place to put this, but....yesterday, my husband and I were having a quick dinner before heading home.  We were in Columbus Circle , NYC at an outdoor café.   Who would walk by but Jennifer Lewis?  She looked like she was coming from working out, perhaps in the park.  She had full work-out gear on and FULL makeup!.   This woman stopped her (I think the woman is a co-worker) and asked for a picture.  She obliged, but told the woman she was in a hurry and to make it quick.   I loved that she changed their position to get a better selfie shot.   I was staring at her and said something to my husband.  She must have seen me, so when she walked by our table, she put her hand on my shoulder and said "I see you," and continued speed walking along.  She started saying hello and waving to random people as she walked by.  

How cool, roselg. When she spoke to you, did she use her "Black Jesus" voice, or did she talk like a normal person?

It was a Black Jesus voice!   It's funny since BJ is an in-joke between me and a few other folks.   We always ask for BJ to help us when we are in dire circumstances.   Well, not dire, but you know what I mean.  

• Love 1

Don't know if this is the right spot, but I gotta say, I love whoever does Yara's braids and twists. Sometimes they're even different in different scenes. I don't know if it's her mom, a stylist or Yara herself, but props to them because lil sis has some thick hair. It's beautiful though.

22 hours ago, AlleC17 said:

I love jigsaw puzzles, but live with several cats.  lol  My work would end up on the floor or never happen because they like to 'help'.  One day! 

If you have a Kindle, there's a free jigsaw puzzle game called "Magic Jigsaw Puzzles".  It's awesome and you can choose the size of your puzzles.  They have free puzzles and pay-puzzle packs as well as allowing you to upload photos/images and turn them into puzzles.  Fun for all ages too! I play it, as does my mom and my five year-old son (different difficulties, of course).

2 minutes ago, OnceSane said:

If you have a Kindle, there's a free jigsaw puzzle game called "Magic Jigsaw Puzzles".  It's awesome and you can choose the size of your puzzles.  They have free puzzles and pay-puzzle packs as well as allowing you to upload photos/images and turn them into puzzles.  Fun for all ages too! I play it, as does my mom and my five year-old son (different difficulties, of course).

It's also available for Windows (and probably for the Mac) if you want to use a larger screen.
I think this game also lets you use short clips for puzzles, which can add to the fun.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, OnceSane said:

I only have the reader Kindle, which is black and white.  Thanks for that tip though.  There must be similar apps that I could possibly download on my phone.  Or I will find a way to keep the cats away from the puzzle?  lol

Not sure if this is the place to post this but here we go:

Catherine Reitman's upper lip has an odd shape. Is that how it is or is that a surgery (gone wrong in my opinion)?

I am curious because I find it distracting. I feel somewhat awkward to ask because it seems petty but will take my chances by asking anyway. Usually I don't care much about appearances. In this case, against my best awareness and intentions, it does distract me.