Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

13 minutes ago, Stee said:

I’m no conspiracy theorist but I feel like Brennan was taken into training camp for the television show and the narrative she brings. 

The past couple seasons have featured girls who have tried out 5 times. Amy and Kendall were cut on the last episode of Season 11, and I feel like Christina would have been cut last season if not for the Vet drama. 

I think having those girls who continue to try out and then subsequently see their dreams crushed reinforces the idea that the DCC is this unattainable dream and helps make the team seem more aspirational than it is. And I LOVE the DCC and Kelli and Judy, so this is not coming from a place of skepticism or resent. 

If Brennan gets cut, it’s another dramatic Meghan Flaherty or Amy moment. If she makes it, it’s a redemption story that they can continue to milk throughout the season in press and on the podcasts. That’s almost why I think Christina was kept on the team - they constantly remind us that she was the girl who auditioned 5 times and finally made it. 

For them I think it sounds determined and motivated. I happen to think there’s a bit of desperation in hearing that. But that’s just me!  No shade ??‍♂️

And I honestly don’t understand why Brennan would try out again when it seemed like the reason she was cut was because she wasn’t photogenic. Short of getting plastic surgery and a full makeover, I’m not sure how Brennan (or the judges) think this year will be different!  If someone talked about me like they did Brennan during cameo photos, I’d be pissed!  So I won’t feel bad if she doesn’t make it - she’s put herself up for this knowing full well the rewards and the consequences. 

Shifting topics, the other training camp candidates look amazing this year!  I hope it’s a talented and competitive squad. And I actually hope they take 39 candidates this year so they can nurture a new batch of great stars. 

I am waiting to see how talented the TC Candidates are. I do not think they will go with 39 girls. I think that ship has left the dock for good. I do not think Christina made the team because they want to remind us that she tried out five times. If this was true, Auto Amy would have made the squad in Season 11. Christina may not be the best dancer on the team, but I think she has the personality and drive Kelli and Charlotte like to see in the girls.

(edited)
6 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I'm trying to reserve judgement but I hope she does something quick to lean up.  On the HD, her middle looks extremely thick.

FYI, this came from Kitty's IG live.

kcdfswag_12_5_2018_12_34_31_312.jpg

I saw this and felt so bad for the girls that were in shape and they didn't make it.  Seems so unfair to me she is going to TC when she has had years to get fit.  There were several fit girls that got cut like Gaebri and that could also dance.

Edited by 5678Pixie
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I'm trying to reserve judgement but I hope she does something quick to lean up.  On the HD, her middle looks extremely thick.

Kitty is such a freakin' HYPOCRITE, remember when she got on Tasha's and Stephanie's cases for weight.

• Love 11

TBH i feel like the team this season is going to be lacking in power and pizzazz at least from the vet stand point. I don't know much about any of the TCC, maybe they are good with a few who really stand out and bring some spark or maybe they are all just run-of-the-mill. For the sake of the team I hope the former otherwise I may turn my attention elsewhere. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Cheerocracy said:

Kitty is such a freakin' HYPOCRITE, remember when she got on Tasha's and Stephanie's cases for weight.

This is why they only had 150 girls try out this year, they keep making political choices instead of smart choices that will benefit the team.  

• Love 8

I think Victoria is way prettier than tons of girls they’ve taken to camp. Chandler? Elizabeth Reuter? Mallory? Cassie? And she’s a way better dancer/performer than a ton of people, too. Is she Erica or Abigail? No, but she’s clearly someone who belongs in camp. I think shes young and enthusiastic and a legacy and its coming off as awkward, but not entitled. 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, TinyHands said:

I think Victoria is way prettier than tons of girls they’ve taken to camp. Chandler? Elizabeth Reuter? Mallory? Cassie? And she’s a way better dancer/performer than a ton of people, too. Is she Erica or Abigail? No, but she’s clearly someone who belongs in camp. I think shes young and enthusiastic and a legacy and its coming off as awkward, but not entitled. 

I personally found Mallory pretty, but I get your point?

7 minutes ago, TinyHands said:

I like Elizabeth Reuter and was hoping she would have lost the weight when she came back a second time to try out . There have been girls who made it into TC or on the squad I shake my head over and ask myself what the heck and what were the judges or should I say Kelli and Charlotte were thinking. Victoria may be one of those girls, or she may not be. I also remember there is a lot things behind the scenes the average viewer and fan does not know about when it comes to the girls and the judging.

2 minutes ago, Cody701 said:

I personally found Mallory pretty, but I get your point?

I guess maybe a better word for Mallory is kind of plain? Some girls have smiles that are gummy and unattractive (Remember Margaret Martinez with the tight curly brown hair?) I feel like Victoria’s smile is bright and engaging at least, without being disqualifyingly ugly. And I’m not a fan of Tina. Tina seemed mean when she called Chandler a grandma, whereas I feel like Kelly or Judy would have just said “her face isn’t HD friendly”. (And I totally thought Chandler looked like a grandma! ?)

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Victoria has a super flat stomach, it’s just the hip area that poses a problem 

"The uniform is NOT forgiving." -KF

16 minutes ago, TinyHands said:

More like a Tori Spelling. heeee!

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I like Elizabeth Reuter and was hoping she would have lost the weight when she came back a second time to try out . There have been girls who made it into TC or on the squad I shake my head over and ask myself what the heck and what were the judges or should I say Kelli and Charlotte were thinking. Victoria may be one of those girls, or she may not be. I also remember there is a lot things behind the scenes the average viewer and fan does not know about when it comes to the girls and the judging.

I agree with this. Things like heights, ratio of blondes to brunettes, the Cowboys rest/interview in general, references, etc.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Beana8 said:

Hell, I'm still mad about Loni and Kelly Jo from season one or two! lol

Oh Kelly Jo. She looked like a more attractive version of Kathy Griffin, and i take attractive lightly.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Beana8 said:

Hell, I'm still mad about Loni and Kelly Jo from season one or two! lol

I am still trying to figure Morgan and Kaitlyn from Season 8, Ashley Pro and Breelan from Season 9, and Kat from Season 10. And don't get me started on girls who have made it to TC, but they did not make the team.

40 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Wow.  I was told that Victoria looked terrible at finals, but I didn't realize it was that bad.  The judges raised concerns over her weight, but were told by Kelli and Charlotte that it wasn't up for debate.

Just now, Annette said:

20180511_213214.jpg

That is NOT pretty . . .

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Victoria has a super flat stomach, it’s just the hip area that poses a problem 

To my eyes, this photo looks to be more than just hips.  That's edging towards muffin top and that involves the midsection and not just hips.  Especially when other girls were cut for this very same problem.  Maybe it's because VK out danced them but from the posted videos I've seen, I'm having trouble believing that scenario.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it Kitty who said to cut Selina during last year's SG auditions for being this type of thick?  

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Smplsimon said:

Wow.  I was told that Victoria looked terrible at finals, but I didn't realize it was that bad.  The judges raised concerns over her weight, but were told by Kelli and Charlotte that it wasn't up for debate.

Dayton was up for debate. Heck, even Cassie was “up for debate” her final season. Remember Jay saying we wouldn’t give that exception to anyone else? He was outvoted by Kristi and everyone else, but we’ve seen even hardcore legacies are at least debated. 

And they’ve totally taken non-legacies to camp at the same weights as Dayton and Victoria. Kashara was not leannwhen she came in wearing the pink outfit on the wrong day.

• Love 13
(edited)

We won't know until the show starts but I sincerely hope that if Dayton and VK are both indeed heavy (and its not just bad pictures) that the judges mention and discuss it when they deliberate (and maybe call them into the office at TC).  

Edited by Monique
  • Love 2

If I were any of the girls needing to tone the midsection or hips, I'd be taking advantage of any and all Jay or a similar trainer has to offer.  I'm sure they have access to this type of assistance, why not use it?  By not doing so, they aren't doing themselves any favors.  You can't hide in the uniform or on the jumbotron.  Period.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, TinyHands said:

Dayton was up for debate. Heck, even Cassie was “up for debate” her final season. Remember Jay saying we wouldn’t give that exception to anyone else? He was outvoted by Kristi and everyone else, but we’ve seen even hardcore legacies are at least debated. 

And they’ve totally taken non-legacies to camp at the same weights as Dayton and Victoria. Kashara was not leannwhen she came in wearing the pink outfit on the wrong day.

Cassie is the OG DCC butterface.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, TinyHands said:

Does anyone else feel ridiculous that you are this invested in this? I have no explanation other than the show sucked me in in Season 2. 

CMT MTT is my one guilty pleasure.

1 minute ago, 5678Pixie said:

Judy seems like a great grandma 

Gorgeous Grandmother

• Love 6
1 minute ago, 5678Pixie said:

Judy seems like a great grandma 

1. She does.

2. Cassie’s daughter will have a rough time making DCC (I realize this makes me a terrible person)

• Love 5

This is off topic but since Judy was brought up I would just like to say that I cant wait until Judy (and Kelli) retire. I wonder who they will be replaced by. 

• Love 4
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Cheerocracy said:

CMT MTT is my one guilty pleasure.

Mine too. When I sheepishly mention it to friends many of them are covert dcc mtt fans as well.  I'm reserving judgment on the legacies until I see more.

Edited by Shallan
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, TinyHands said:

1. She does.

2. Cassie’s daughter will have a rough time making DCC (I realize this makes me a terrible person)

I think she is getting cuter every year and will be fine when she gets of age to audition.  She already can dance so cute and has great moves.  I love her kids.  The boy is a living doll, looks just like Judy.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, TinyHands said:

1. She does.

Who knows what the standards will be by then? They might have virtual reality android DCCs, instead.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Shallan said:

I'm reserving judgment on the lo legacies until I see more.

I'm trying to but when I see a photo like Kitty posted, I can't unsee it.

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

Preparation???? That would be not to have a muffin top before auditions.  I think she looks like a sweet girl but why didn't she prepare she has had all year.

Way to young to have a muffin top. Dancers her age should have the metabolism of a hummingbird.

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, Monique said:

This is off topic but since Judy was brought up I would just like to say that I cant wait until Judy (and Kelli) retire. I wonder who they will be replaced by. 

I don't know how hands on a former cheerleader has to be in order to be qualified, but I could see Sarah Gourley, Michelle Keys or Jennifer Kathryne taking Judy's place as the choreographer when she retires.

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, TinyHands said:

See that's funny to me because in that picture she looks a lot like Judy.

11 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

When I see VK and Dayton over weight for a DCC it breaks my heart knowing how it must hurt the 2 vets that got cut for weight.

A vet who got cut for weight let herself down.

• Love 12
Just now, CowboysFanatic said:

I don't know how hands on a former cheerleader has to be in order to be qualified, but I could see Sarah Gourley, Michelle Keys or Jennifer Kathryne taking Judy's place as the choreographer when she retires.

I would love to see Jackie Bob be the director and Michelle Keys be the choreographer.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Cody701 said:

I would love to see Jackie Bob be the director and Michelle Keys be the choreographer.

This would be a killer combo!! I’ve met (& hugged) Jackie Bob & she’s the sweetest person ever! So professional too. ? Since she still works with the Cowboys this would be a good transition! 

• Love 7