Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E21: Harry and the Harrisons

Trini
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, KirkB said:

Okay, I mean I can buy that. But why would he? If Devoe actually considered Frost a threat or a complication, or even just an annoyance, why wouldn't he use the power that would actually let him get rid of her? Why do something Frost could come back from?

Because.......it's Tuesday! That's as good a reason as any to justify the writing on the show this season. He's an official psychopath now who's overpowered. Maybe he did it just to torture her or to prove he could.

Why does Caitlin want her murderous, uncontrollable split personality back? Cause reasons.  Why doesn't Barry ask for help since he and his team have been humiliated again and again for almost a year by DeVoe and the world is in danger?  Why hasn't Cisco been trained by Cynthia to become more powerful like Reverb on E2? Why doesn't Barry get Wally back to help? Why doesn't Barry try to learn to be a more strategic thinker? Why doesn't Barry assemble a council of Barrys? Why doesn't he try to use the one thing DeVoe can't control, the SpeedForce, to his advantage? And I don't mean time travel. DeVoe needed Barry's SpeedForce connection for a reason, and he still needs Barry.  Why hasn't Barry delved into the strange SpeedForce writing he did in 4x1 for clues?

Spoiler

Why is Barry training Caitlin (a non-fighter) and Cisco to stay in Flashtime in the next episode when Flashtime has proved useless against DeVoe for Barry?

Your guess is as good as mine for answers to these questions.

• Love 3

The minute they said they needed to get to the satellites in space, and didn’t immediately call up Supergirl, I checked out. Seriously? At least call the Legends with their damn spaceship. God this team is dumb. Are we sure Devoe’s weapon isn’t already deployed?

• Love 4
8 hours ago, lynny said:

The minute they said they needed to get to the satellites in space, and didn’t immediately call up Supergirl, I checked out. Seriously? At least call the Legends with their damn spaceship. God this team is dumb. Are we sure Devoe’s weapon isn’t already deployed?

They can't use technology, because Devoe can stop them with his Kilgore power. So the Waverider is out. (Not that they couldn't/shouldn't use their connection with the Legends otherwise).

5 hours ago, Locutus said:

How did they know the Davoes split up? Are they blogging about it inbetween robberies and murders?

Harry jumped to the conclusion that Devoe has put his plans on pause and that the only reason he might have done that was because he no longer has his wife. 

Now we in the audience know that to be true, but there could be numerous other explanations -- Devoe could like playing with his opponents. He could still need to get his hands on some components for his satellites. He may have waited for a particular day that had personal significance to him. So on and so forth. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, KirkB said:

Okay, I mean I can buy that. But why would he? If Devoe actually considered Frost a threat or a complication, or even just an annoyance, why wouldn't he use the power that would actually let him get rid of her? Why do something Frost could come back from?

Why not use his chair or his meta stealing power to give himself Flash's speed? (And/or Vibe's vibey-ness and Frost's cold powers). The real reason is because there wouldn't be a show.

For in-universe reasons, two possibilities come to mind about KF. First, he's just that kind of sadist that he wants her to go through all this turmoil and self-doubt. Second, he wants/needs KF for some part of his plan. 

I had to chuckle that the French Wells was speaking with a Quebecois accent (Tom went to school in Quebec in high school and as a Montrealer, I enjoyed that bit.) 

I would love it if they point out that French Wells is French Canadian, which would actually make a lot of sense (if, for instance, the War of 1812 went differently.)

I wonder if the title is partly a tribute to the writer Harry Harrison--that'd be nice.  (Yes, I know it's also Harry and the Hendersons.)  I'm surprised Cisco isn't a thing on enough other Earths for them to know, but maybe it's just there's only one where he met and teamed up with Harrison Wells.

I also like the diagram about    : ) + : (   =  :  /

And then Harrison offering to explain that for them...

(edited)

Watched this skipping most of anything Wells, and some of Amunet.

The positives:

• Some domestic WestAllen, with bonus shirtless Grant!
  • Iris doing journalism, and the show remembering that there's a whole city of people outside of STAR Labs.
  • Two women having a conversation not about Barry; that's kinda rare.

I get that the show likes Tom C., but they really need to let him go. Harry is kind of superfluous, and then they also saddle Cisco with his subplots too. Save some money, and let him be recurring, show.

More Caitlin acting ridiculous, and no one reacting appropriately. But she has her own criminal bestie now, so... yay? (And just me, or does Danielle P. seem checked out this season unless she's playing Killer Frost?) And it's just weird that they're making getting KF back a big deal when she's only been really useful twice this season.

I was only slightly interested in Amunet's return because I thought she'd finally end up in Iron Heights and that chapter would be closed - but no. SIGH. Like someone else mentioned, maybe they're trying to have her be the 'next Snart', but at least Flash/the team stopped/caught Snart a couple of times, and he did some actual prison time. Meanwhile, Amunet is unrepentant, and has literally walked away scot-free from every encounter with Team Flash. So annoying! Isn't she one of Central City's most wanted?! Well, I guess she and Caitlin/KF have a lot in common.

So Harry figuring that DeVoe is delaying because Marlize left made no sense. Especially since we saw last week that Marlize is NOT the "thing he cares most about".

Well, onto the next 2 episodes in which everything happens at once.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 4
(edited)

I just realized. With this episode, none of Caitlin fans can no longer say it was Killer Frost who went to Amunet. Just like earlier this season, it was said that Caitlin was the one went to Amunet.

Edited by BeautifulFlower
  • Love 4

Amunet Black as a character is terrible, and Sackoff is terrible playing her. There is a subtle art to playing arch and over the top, and with all subtle arts the key is restraint (c.f. Wentworth Miller.) Sackoff is just doing overly enthusiastic emoting and it's sad and terrible. However ...

Was it just me, or were there a lot of nods to Amunet being like Mary Poppins in this ep? Beyond the "accent" there was her bag of tricks, at one point in the Star Labs tunnels her silhouette was cast to look like Mary Poppins, and then at the end, she flew up and away on the wind, like Mary Poppins. I mean, it's an odd thing for the writers to refrerence, and yet I couldn't not see it.

• Love 2