Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E05: Godparents / S07.E06: Mario

Jess tries to appease Winston's anxiety about his impending fatherhood by tracking down his long lost dad. Meanwhile, Schmidt goes back to work for the first time since Ruth's birth.

Nick's plan to propose to Jess is thrown off-course when they decide to get a dog, Winston sees color for the first time and Schmidt worries about Cece getting pregnant again.

Yay Nick proposed! I’m happy the show didn’t drag it out.. I mean yeah it took six episodes but I’m surprised that none of the episodes after the first one had a recurring theme of Nick wanting to propose and getting interrupted. Also surprised and happy they didn’t make this a triangle thing.

Ruth is still my favorite character. “I’m making it pretty!” Re the baseball and also her distaste for nick.. I’m thinking it’s a feeling she may get from Cece. I don’t think cece liked nick when she first met him. 

This show seems to be ending in a fun way and not trying to create unnecessary drama and Hijinks and I appreciate that.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

The giant dirty bear with ants, just no.

What I didn't get was, why was it still in the house when Schmidt came home? Were they actually keeping it?! It was creepy/terrifying/filthy before the ants came out, why in God's name hadn't Cece thrown it away or made Nick do it?

• Love 1

Wait!!! Winston thinks babies come out of the butt? Ewwww! Gross!!!

3 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

The giant dirty bear with ants, just no.

Yeah gross!!! When Nick noticed that, he didn't throw it out! He just kept hitting it!! Damn what are you 12 Nick?!?!! Throw that damn thing out!! UGH!

On 5/2/2018 at 7:15 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Jess tries to appease Winston's anxiety about his impending fatherhood by tracking down his long lost dad.

I wanted that to be Winnie's dad so bad. I really love Aly as the 6th member of the gang. Felt like she has been around the whole time. 

Apparently I shouldn't have a dog because every sappy emotion Jess had about the dog pictures Nick was showing her, I was having too. Almost every dog picture makes me happy cry. Especially Season 2's

giphy.gif

• Love 8

Was that it, or are there more episodes?

Ugh, JB Moov. Even his name makes me cringe.

Thought the first episode was very weak but the second one was pretty good. Was going to be really pissed off if Nick's attempt to propose was thwarted once again and it looked that way for most of the episode.

Jess trying not to squee out over the puppy was pretty funny.

2 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Jess trying not to squee out over the puppy was pretty funny.

Hahahaha! I don't blame her!!! Puppies are so adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

• Like 1

If someone came to my place with Mario, I would be losing it over him too. Dogs are just so CUTTTTTTTE!!!!

Anyway, I liked these episodes, they were cute and fun, and I am thrilled that Nick finally proposed to Jess. I was worried that they would keep up the "Nick tries to propose and gets interrupted" until the series finale. The proposal was very sweet, complete with puppy dog. Mario Miller-Day! 

Ruth is still super cute, and Aly fits into the show really well. I like that the show is winding down and giving the characters closure, while also including hijinks. No stupid love triangles or unneeded drama. 

• Love 5

The salsa that belongs in the front of your refrigerator!

I like Aly a lot. She's really been a great addition to the ensemble and she might even be my favorite right now.

I was really losing patience with the proposal storyline, so I'm just glad that's over.

And yes, that dog was very adorable, even by puppy standards.

• Love 5
(edited)

Ah, thanks. I couldn't remember if there were going to be six or eight episodes. Still, it feels like this season was a squandered opportunity. They had a whole year to write eight really tight final episodes but they've been marginal at best in quality. Probably should have left well enough alone and let Season 6 be the last.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, sonyab said:

I don't want it to end!!!! :(

Me either. I feel like that was so fast(and yes it was) but it feels like the show finally found it’s rhythm For me this season and now it’s all over.. forever?!?! No! 

• Love 4
57 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Ah, thanks. I couldn't remember if there were going to be six or eight episodes. Still, it feels like this season was a squandered opportunity. They had a whole year to write eight really tight final episodes but they've been marginal at best in quality. Probably should have left well enough alone and let Season 4 be the last.

Season 4? Not 6?

56 minutes ago, April Bloodgate said:

I was surprised Aly was on bed rest in ep 5 but able to leave the house in ep 6. I've never been pregnant, but I thought once you were put on bed rest, you had to stay on bed rest until you gave birth.

I had a coworker who was on bed rest because of her blood pressure and once it was under control, she could have limited activities outside of the house. No long walks or changing tires or something. LOL. But it's not always bed rest until delivery.

• Love 2
(edited)

It's also the case that some pregnant women are put on bed rest for the first trimester or first two trimesters, and then the danger of miscarriage has passed. But clearly, Aly is due any day, so no, it didn't make much sense she'd be on bed rest one day and be out and about the next. 

Season 4? Not 6?

Corrected! Although . . . the show never really recovered from the first time Jess and Nick got together IMO.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Me either. I feel like that was so fast(and yes it was) but it feels like the show finally found it’s rhythm For me this season and now it’s all over.. forever?!?! No! 

Yes!!! You are right on both counts!!!! :(

Edited by sonyab
18 hours ago, iMonrey said:

But clearly, Aly is due any day, so no, it didn't make much sense she'd be on bed rest one day and be out and about the next. 

My coworker was on and off bedrest in her 8th month. That's why I was saying "it happens". It's absolutely not common to have temporary bedrest in the final weeks, but it isn't impossible either. You get it.

On 5/9/2018 at 3:25 PM, April Bloodgate said:

I was surprised Aly was on bed rest in ep 5 but able to leave the house in ep 6. I've never been pregnant, but I thought once you were put on bed rest, you had to stay on bed rest until you gave birth.

Often a woman is put on bed rest to prevent premature birth, but once the fetus is mature enough and large enough to be born (maybe 38 weeks?) the woman can come off bed rest.

• Love 1