Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Flat Line

Instinct.jpeg

Dylan and Julian go undercover in a hospital when they suspect an “angel of death” is killing people with non-life-threatening ailments. Also, Lizzie asks Andy for his legal expertise when a personal trainer sues her for accidentally injuring him.

Promos

I think I am liking this show less and less. First, what is exactly Reinhart special ability as a consultant? Here it seems he is all-knowing, far beyond from the premise that he is a psychology professor who wrote a popular book. Second, I am not too crazy about a police procedural where cases are solved using blatantly illegal means. As well, having a friend in the CIA seems like a lazy shortcut to jump into conclusion. For this week's case, how would they get the hospital to settle? All the evidence that Reinhart has was obtained illegally. IANAL but I do not think that those documents are acceptable in court. 

Edited by TV Anonymous
  • Love 4

I kept expecting the personal injury lawsuit scammer to be revealed to be a gay acquaintance of Andrew's, thereby "proving" (not really) that flirting with Lizzie was a ruse. Probably better the way the scam was uncovered and constructed.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, TV Anonymous said:

I think I am liking this show less and less. First, what is exactly Reinhart special ability as a consultant? Here it seems he is all-knowing, far beyond from the premise that he is a psychology professor who wrote a popular book. Second, I am not too crazy about a police procedural where cases are solved using blatantly illegal means. As well, having a friend in the CIA seems like a lazy shortcut to jump into conclusion. For this week's case, how would they get the hospital to settle? All the evidence that Reinhart has was obtained illegally. IANAL but I do not think that those documents are acceptable in court. 

Other than being similar to Castle 2.0, not that much tbh.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, TV Anonymous said:

Here it seems he is all-knowing, far beyond from the premise that he is a psychology professor who wrote a popular book.

According to the pilot, he's also an ex-CIA operative.

• Love 1

Showing the episodes out of order makes Lizzie seem like the psychopath, one episode she is nice Reinhart and the next she is very mean/rude.

5 hours ago, TV Anonymous said:

First, what is exactly Reinhart special ability as a consultant? Here it seems he is all-knowing, far beyond from the premise that he is a psychology professor who wrote a popular book. Second, I am not too crazy about a police procedural where cases are solved using blatantly illegal means. As well, having a friend in the CIA seems like a lazy shortcut to jump into conclusion. For this week's case, how would they get the hospital to settle? All the evidence that Reinhart has was obtained illegally. IANAL but I do not think that those documents are acceptable in court. 

First, I think Reinhart is working with Lizzie because she has to have a partner and she refuses to work with anybody else. They have a great success rate at closing cases.

Second, I am not sure that what Reinhart said to that hospital murderer was the truth, but possibly just something that he said to keep her from killing the hospital director. I don't see how you could blame hospital negligence for the high ER mortality rate if there is somebody not associated with the hospital, framing the hospital for those deaths. The hospital really wasn't to blame, even though they might be releasing people early to increase the number of patients they treat, overworking the staff, and providing shoddy medical treatment to people with little or no medical insurance. If they did want to use the illegally obtained data, they should leak it to a journalist and pretend it was part of the information collected by the murderer so she could write her article. The murderer had mad computer skills, she could have hacked her way into the place that had those files.

• Love 1

I was confused by this episode.

First they assumed the nurse was killing people. Then it seemed like it wasn't intentional, but just faulty equipment that the higher ups wouldn't replace and then it suddenly leapt to someone hacking the equipment to kill people. WTF, show?

And now they give Dylan Sherlock visuals, besides the on screen text stuff? Sigh.

• Love 1

Yeah, I stand by my opinion that although this show is not the worst I've seen, it's also not great. It also doesn't help that this was supposed to be episode 11 and the next episode is going to have been shot much, much earlier. The out of order episodes does not help in any way. 

I ended up distracted by other things while watching so I didn't really pay as much attention. 

1 hour ago, Writing Wrongs said:

First they assumed the nurse was killing people. Then it seemed like it wasn't intentional, but just faulty equipment that the higher ups wouldn't replace and then it suddenly leapt to someone hacking the equipment to kill people. WTF, show?

From what I gathered, they only discovered the hacking because Dylan brought in Julian, his CIA friend, to take a look at the machines, and he deduced that someone was hacking. Though I missed the explanation as to why a CIA operative needed to be brought in in the first place. There was certainly a lot of jumping around to get to the hacking plot.

Yeah, this show can't just rely on a case of the week. I think it needs something and they haven't gotten to that point yet. The twist they're going with is him being ex CIA and also an author and professor, which haven't really come up in a while. Other than that, it's just a bland show. It's not really bad but it's not really good. It's just kind of there.

5 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

From what I gathered, they only discovered the hacking because Dylan brought in Julian, his CIA friend, to take a look at the machines, and he deduced that someone was hacking.

And the dog barking at the high frequency sound and the machines turning on by themselves to administer the wrong dosage.

10 hours ago, Zahdii said:

I allowed myself to become distracted and missed part of the end.  How was the lawsuit by the personal trainer resolved?

Lizzie's lawyer used to worked at a super prestigious law firm and used one of the business cards. The personal trainer had pulled this scam a few times so they could show he was a scam artist.

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

Lizzie's lawyer used to worked at a super prestigious law firm and used one of the business cards. The personal trainer had pulled this scam a few times so they could show he was a scam artist.

Pretty ballsy (and stupid) to try to scam a cop.  I actually wondered if it was a scam, but thought that a cop would get the security footage of the incident.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Zahdii said:

Pretty ballsy (and stupid) to try to scam a cop.  I actually wondered if it was a scam, but thought that a cop would get the security footage of the incident.

It's definitely more on the stupid side, especially because she's a cop.

• Love 1

This episode was sort of like Downton Abbey. It doesn't really matter what the story is. It's all about the characters and the clothes--between Dylan and Lizzie, they should open a boutique. I'd shop there! Plus the sets are pretty.

• Love 1

I don't understand what the killer was doing. She was angry at the hospital so she started killing the patients? Why wasn't she trying to kill the admins? Or publishing an expose? Even if her editor wouldn't do it, she could have put it on a blog or sent it to the cops or something. how does killing other patients avenge her fiance?

• Love 3

I had quit watching the show but watched it last night since there was nothing else on.

Still a very lacklustre show.

8 minutes ago, possibilities said:

I don't understand what the killer was doing. She was angry at the hospital so she started killing the patients? Why wasn't she trying to kill the admins? Or publishing an expose? Even if her editor wouldn't do it, she could have put it on a blog or sent it to the cops or something. how does killing other patients avenge her fiance?

I couldn't figure that out either.  In fact, I thought it was the admin guy doing the killings and she had found him out and was trying to get proof.  It made absolutely no sense that she would be killing innocent patients.

Also, Nurse Alpaca, or whatever your name was, if you are so very, very busy, how do you justify taking time out for a quicky?

• Love 5
On 4/30/2018 at 12:00 PM, AnimeMania said:

And the dog barking at the high frequency sound and the machines turning on by themselves to administer the wrong dosage.

I did like that bit.

On 4/30/2018 at 12:46 PM, Zahdii said:

I kept wondering why she'd let a stranger into her personal space, and behind her nonetheless. If I was actually interested, I still would have had him demonstrate the move in front of me. I do not let strangers casually get that close up behind me when there's plenty of room.

On 4/30/2018 at 2:40 PM, possibilities said:

Yeah, someone killed my fiance and felt so bad about them killing him, that I'm going to kill other people's loved ones to prove how terrible the hospital is. Idiotic. But to be fair, people be crazy.