Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E16: The Blob

Speculation based only on the promo clips: Mike spends the entire episode trying to get away from the rest of the group and investigate, and won't explain why. (I am convinced, completely convinced, that Mike is hiding some sort of Dark Secret.)

I really like Phil and Mike's relationship. It's one of the only things I still like about this show. I really loved that whole sequence where Phil dated Mike to run him over. Thank God we're gonna focus on them for a while.

Yeah, totally loved Phil propping his mannequin self over the babies' crib.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

That was a clever touch. :D Also, as much as I've enjoyed the half-hair thing, I'm glad they didn't drag it out as long this time; the shaving scene was a hoot, and I thought the little rat-tail that Mike left Tandy was cute. 

Will and Jason must have had a blast filming this one, especially when they were "bowling" in the yard (but even when they were spitting insults at each other as Tandy tried to block Mike's truck, I was reminded a little bit of the SNL "Potato Chip Thief" sketch with its over-the-top yelling).

Tandy doesn't want the group to split up to investigate.

Or more accurately, Tandy didn't want Mike to split off from the group to investigate. :) Also, the press-release synopsis for the next episode (4x17, "Barbara Ann") made it sound like the rest of the group was going to leave Todd behind; but instead, it'll be the Miller brothers hitting the road together while Todd and the ladies deal with a disturbing discovery at home (similar to how the brothers spent most of 2x18 in Tucson while the rest of the gang in Malibu had to deal with the drone).

Todd and Erica have trouble seeing eye to eye.

Now that the matter of their having a baby together has been settled (thank goodness), it makes sense that their next conflict would be getting more into mundane day-to-day aspects of co-parenting; good to see them already starting to work things out. 

Gail and Melissa, on the other hand, were the ones who kinda pissed me off this time. It was one thing in s.2 when they spent most of their time sitting around drinking and whatnot in their Malibu mansion, but their laziness is a lot less amusing when there are babies to take care of. :\

Edited by GRChereck
correction
  • Love 2

Still disliking Todd -- he's just so unlikable now.  But he finally came around with Erica by the end of the episode.

Plus, don't they already have a nursery for the 3 babies they already have.  Why would Todd need to paint a new nursery ?  Where is Dawn currently sleeping ?

Can Tandy please shave ?  Head and beard.  FFS !!  And it finally happens.  I'm not quite sure why they shaved his eyebrows.  Hate the rattail.

Tandy was back to his normal asshole ways this episode, and he was so annoying.   

Who knew there was a Zorbs store in Zihuatanejo ?  Zorbs are thsoe giant inflatable balls.

And still no Jasper.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 1

I thought Mike was just going to put the truck in reverse and back out of there, leaving Tandy lying in front of it. Seemed like a simple solution.

Still, I actually thought Tandy was right, that it's dangerous to go off alone.

Didn't Melissa and Gail want better food? It made no sense that they would just be so lazy. I guess they thought someone else would get stuff if they didn't? It seemed out of character to me, though. I mean, seriously? What the hell?

I also thought that maybe they would move again, if local supplies are running low. But at the same time, they really ought to be gardening or something. Stale crackers and canned food is a drag if it's all you ever eat. Carol had a garden in Tucson.

I miss Jasper.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, sarahthenerd said:

I worry about Jasper. Keith L Williams isn't on the cast list for the season finale either...

If the main house has run out of food, what is Jasper eating?  That's what pissed me off the most about Gail and Melissa blowing off the food run.  Melissa is the only one who knows where Jasper is, and takes him food.  So is she letting the kid eat bugs or what? 

I'm also surprised there's no garden at the main house.  Carol had one going early on, and they've certainly settled in enough to make it worth the effort. 

I think the writers are just getting lazy/sloppy on these details, which is annoying. 

18 hours ago, GRChereck said:

Gail and Melissa, on the other hand, were the ones who kinda pissed me off this time. 

I was irritated with them, too. I guess they just figured they could hold out for better food longer than the others who would then go out and find some. I liked Todd's fake crying to get them to admit to lying.

18 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Can Tandy please shave ?  Head and beard.  FFS !!  And it finally happens.  I'm not quite sure why they shaved his eyebrows.  Hate the rattail.

One eyebrow was already shaved, so they were just evening them out. I don't like rattails either.

17 hours ago, possibilities said:

I thought Mike was just going to put the truck in reverse and back out of there, leaving Tandy lying in front of it. Seemed like a simple solution.

I thought the truck was parked with the backend blocked. That's how it looked in the dark. I forgot to check its parking situation in the daylight.

The arguing with Tandy lying in front of the tires was hilarious. I love how they each kept topping the other. And then the play with the giant ball was great. My favorite part was Tandy dressed like a mannequin.

I had to pause my recording to see what was behind the wall. I know Todd said, "He dead," but I found it hard to make out the head. I'm surprised it wasn't clearer. Or maybe it was just me.

I thought a nice compromise betw Todd and Erica would have been broad blue and yellow stripes. But then, that's a lot of work. Their solution was just as good.

Carol singing Can't Fight This Feeling to the tune of a Christmas song -- which specific one eludes my mind right now -- was great, as was her just staring at the words in wonder.

What did she make the fake guacamole out of besides oatmeal and green food coloring?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, peeayebee said:

What did she make the fake guacamole out of besides oatmeal and green food coloring?

brown rice

Can't fight this feeling is one of my favorite songs, and Carol ruined it :/

"That's a sweet dreams guarantee." Nightmare, more like. 

I realize they're running short on food but you could just serve cooked rice, and cooked oatmeal. There's no reason to mash them together, presumably uncooked. How dumb are these people? (Yes, I realize that may be rhetorical.)

And Gail and Melissa blowing off the supply run further demonstrates that all of these people, to a degree, are awful. Tandy and Carol are looking better and better. They're morons, to be sure, but they try to help in their own stupid way. All Melissa and Gail to is roll their eyes, criticize and complain. Recently even Todd has been looking bad. That leaves Erica as the least objectionable. 

• Love 3
On 4/23/2018 at 3:33 PM, peeayebee said:

The arguing with Tandy lying in front of the tires was hilarious. I love how they each kept topping the other. And then the play with the giant ball was great. My favorite part was Tandy dressed like a mannequin.

I think "I can't wait to teach your children how to smoke!" was the best line

• Love 2

Totally agree that "I'm going to teach your kids to smoke" killed it!  That whole yelling sequence had me laughing so hard...

I also liked that in this episode, there were more details/ acknowledgments about what is going on out there - gas is going bad, its been 4 years since they left Mike, I forget the others.  But it seemed like they were planting some details/answering some questions we've all had.