Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E19: Fury Rogue

Trini
  • Start Topic

9 hours ago, Kate45 said:

I feel very confident that he's really not coming back. Plus, if they find a way to bring Ralp back and leave the other bus metas dead that would be extremely problematic for me.

All of the metas should come back, but I'm still pissed about Dominic. Especially since I think his powers should make it possible for him to still be alive. somehow.

8 hours ago, Gregg247 said:

Also, I wish Joe and the CCPD could solve more cases, or come up with the clues Team Flash needs more often.  The idea that Cisco/Harry can immediately whip up some high-tech gadget that solves the mystery of whatever's going on is getting tired.  How about some good old-fashioned police work?

It's ridiculous how much they underutilize CCPD. It would be a natural way to get out of STAR Labs more often. Plus, let the people with actual jobs, do their jobs!

• Love 2
22 hours ago, BeautifulFlower said:

Is it because of 1x21 with Iris getting mad at Joe and Barry and the fandom said she shouldn't have?

I don't think it's because of Iris' anger at Barry or Joe. Remember that Iris was upset with Barry in their first therapy session, too. It's about Iris showing anger towards Caitlin. A black woman showing anger at a white woman seems to be problematic for these writers unless she's an outright villain like Marlize. Apparently, no matter what terrible thing Caitlin does, her frail ego must be protected.

• Love 4

DeVoe not calculating emotions is just stupid. He would know that they are the driver of the majority of human interaction. As The Thinker he would KNOW this. The writers  playing the old "Pure logic is the best way to be card" is laaaaaaaaazzzzyyyy. 

While I feel for Marlize, it's only because she failed to imagine her husband would become a jerk. Everything else he is doing/working toward, she is on-board with, so I'm not going to feel too bad when she gets her comeuppance. I certainly hope the writers up-end the "blind to emotions' thing they have going on with DeVoe and have him realize her potential for betrayal before she does it. Or have whatever her scheme is not work because he already calculated it. I mean, we've already seen that he knows he has to mind control/mindwipe her. 

• Love 7

Maybe I missed it.. But has the show actually addressed that wally is gone to the legends... I mean do they think he's still on walkabout???...  Do they kniw how unwanted and unnecessary they made him feel.. Or are we still needing time to process the death of dibny

• Love 3
4 hours ago, UNOSEZ said:

Maybe I missed it.. But has the show actually addressed that wally is gone to the legends... I mean do they think he's still on walkabout???...  Do they kniw how unwanted and unnecessary they made him feel.. Or are we still needing time to process the death of dibny

Nope, they haven't addressed Wally at all since he left. The last time they mentioned him was in 4x09, when he was said to be in Cambodia. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Kate45 said:
6 hours ago, UNOSEZ said:

Nope, they haven't addressed Wally at all since he left. The last time they mentioned him was in 4x09, when he was said to be in Cambodia. 

Wally was mentioned in 4.16; Barry told Jesse that he wasn't at STAR Labs.

On 4/24/2018 at 5:59 PM, Primal Slayer said:

Siren-X is one bad bird! I was impressed with all the ways they allowed her to use her powers, it was very creative to distinguish her from Black Siren.

That was pretty awesome. It's the most clever bit of writing I've seen on this show in quite some time, and probably the most creative I've seen anyone on any of these shows get with its characters power sets. Most of the time they just do the same things, in bland ways, or their powers are turned into some kind of generic force blasts (Mick and Snart on Legends, anyone?). That's if they get to use their powers at all.

On 4/24/2018 at 6:34 PM, Lantern7 said:

Dunno who sucks harder: Diaz from Arrow or DeVoe.

At this point, I hope the writers decide to somehow make it so that Diaz is DeVoe. It's pretty much the only way they could explain away his near-omniscient ability to anticipate and control everything going on in Star City.

Not sure where this Killer Frost storyline is going. At first, I thought her conversations with Snart and her ruminations were going to lead her to discover that "Killer Frost" was always just some kind of dissociative state (and not actual DID) and Kaitlin would come to recognize and reconcile that, but it looks like they're sticking with the DID/MPD storyline and they'll just have to "shock" Frost back somehow.

Very curious what became of Siren-X, as she didn't appear to have gone back with Snart. Could they be planning a Black Siren vs. Siren-X confrontation to present an even darker mirror to BS that will cement her turn to the light side?

Snart definitely was a much needed breath of fresh air to this show (I still prefer Earth-One Leonard, but I'll take what I can get). Maybe they need another DC show where Snart goes around psychoanalyzing the heroes and villains. It could be a superheroic version of House. "Leonard Snart, Meta-Counselor."

On 4/25/2018 at 4:54 PM, Trini said:

All of the metas should come back, but I'm still pissed about Dominic. Especially since I think his powers should make it possible for him to still be alive. somehow.

I still half-suspect that Cecile's telepathic powers derive from Dom transferring his consciousness into her baby before DeVoe killed his body, and that will become instrumental in defeating DeVoe. But I probably read too many X-Men comics where they used to do that sort of thing every other month.

• Love 4

Did Devoe absorb a stylist somewhere along the way.   Now that he can assume his own form again, he's ditched the Mister Rogers Goes to College look and is rockin a new 'do and threads.  

• Love 4
On 4/25/2018 at 10:28 AM, Kate45 said:

I feel very confident that he's really not coming back. Plus, if they find a way to bring Ralp back and leave the other bus metas dead that would be extremely problematic for me.

At this point though, Ralph is the last body that DeVoe has inhabited;  It's DeVoe's current body.  So maybe the fact that Ralph's body is still intact would have something to do with being able to bring him back.  I like Ralph myself.  I'm not thrilled with all the things they've done with his personality, but it's always fun to have a stretchy hero, it's a nice change.  I actually wouldn't mind if they brought back all the meta heroes though, I especially liked that luck lady.

The problem with this show is that the season is too long.  I feel like they should have wrapped this DeVoe arc up by now.  But if a full season gets up more Snart, it's not a bad thing.  Maybe they could do a storyline with a main villain for half a season, then after the mid season finale start a new one.  

• Love 1

I would be happy if they brought all the metas back. A lot of them seemed to have a lot of potential to be good reoccurring characters, and its nice to have more metas around who have more variety in powers and personality than the "petty crook uses powers to blast stuff for petty crime" rut they got stuck in for awhile. And it would certainly make this season less depressing. I mean, this was supposed to be a lighter season, right? Not one where the heroes have failed at each and every turn and that has allowed eleven people, some of whom were totally innocent of wrong doing, to die nasty painful deaths. 

• Love 8

Yea! to Snart, any version. Boo! to Laurel, every version. DeVoe bores me as a villain. He’s not enjoyable on any level, not fun to hate, no secretly admirable quality, just yuck all around. I miss the lightheartedness. Sigh. 

On 4/24/2018 at 8:59 PM, Primal Slayer said:

I feel so bad for DeVoe's wife. He treats her like shit. I can't wait till she betrays him and leads to his downfall. 

I can't wait either. What a douche!

But I also agree with everyone else too, Marlize was okay with all the other crap that DeVoe pulled for the "enlightenment" so she can rot in jail.

• Love 1
On 4/24/2018 at 8:59 PM, Primal Slayer said:

Though we had to rely on Leo to get the back story and of course she had to be infatuated with Oliver-X lol. They couldn't just make her pissed over Tommy-X dying?

Even though it was still completely unnecessary, I think the line about Siren-X having unrequited love for Oliver-X was included since it was a plot point in the 'Crisis on Earth-X' crossover that Oliver-X and Overgirl were a couple. Yeah, angry about Tommy-X would have been slightly better.

20 minutes ago, Trini said:

Even though it was still completely unnecessary, I think the line about Siren-X having unrequited love for Oliver-X was included since it was a plot point in the 'Crisis on Earth-X' crossover that Oliver-X and Overgirl were a couple. Yeah, angry about Tommy-X would have been slightly better.

It would've made more sense if he had to be with Overgirl and secretly loved Siren or something. Just the fact that we've had 3 Laurels, 2 with Olivers that didnt love her the way she loved him and 1 that died while they were young....they shouldve just included her in the crossover.

• Love 2