Type keyword(s) to search

Total Divas - General Discussion

halgia
  • Start Topic

They can pitch ideas but ultimately it's up to TPTB.  The lower tier wrestlers can benefit from that, since most of the time they release people because "creative has nothing for them". You'd think that the blame for that would fall on creative, but it doesn't.

Yeah, that clip of Eva doing the finisher - her opponent is so obviously helping her out.  Its a joke.  Based on the fan reaction, if WWE is dead set on Eva, then she should definitely be a heel.

I would like to know more about the girls' workout and diet routines because they have awesome bodies.  Also, some of the girls don't really look all that ripped and I just marvel at some of the stuff that they are able to do.

Trinity definitely went overboard with all the special activities.  It just came off as trying to "buy" the kids love.  She's a smart girl and I hope she understands that she doesnt' need to do that and she shouldn't, because then that is what they're always going to expect.  The most important thing is for her to spend time with her step-kids and love them.  Although, I do agree with her regarding the Mini van/SUV over a compact car.

• Love 1

Nikki claims to be the better singer, so Brie sets her up to make her national debut. Elsewhere, Paige confronts her trust issues by testing Kevin; and Nattie takes drastic measures when she fears the WWE is phasing her out.

I've often wondered how much of Nattie is really Nattie on this show. I don't know anything about her personality aside from this show. It looks like it's not far off.

If you don't watch WWE, there is a thing going on now with the Divas called the Diva Revolution. They called up some girls from NXT and there's basically 3 teams of 3 involved: Brie, Nikki and Alicia, Paige, Charlotte and Becky; Naomi, Tamini and Sasha. They are getting a lot more time for their matches and even sometimes getting 2 matches on a show. It started in early July. 

Nattie isn't involved and she hasn't been on TV for a while. She's been tweeting and retweeting things saying she should be a part of it. I don't see any of the other girls doing that. You know that it's killing her to not be in the spotlight now.  I bet she's unbearable to be around. 

She's the only Total Diva aside from Eva (who is in NXT) who isn't a part of it. Maybe there's a reason for that. 

I've often wondered how much of Nattie is really Nattie on this show. I don't know anything about her personality aside from this show. It looks like it's not far off.

If you don't watch WWE, there is a thing going on now with the Divas called the Diva Revolution. They called up some girls from NXT and there's basically 3 teams of 3 involved: Brie, Nikki and Alicia, Paige, Charlotte and Becky; Naomi, Tamini and Sasha. They are getting a lot more time for their matches and even sometimes getting 2 matches on a show. It started in early July. 

Nattie isn't involved and she hasn't been on TV for a while. She's been tweeting and retweeting things saying she should be a part of it. I don't see any of the other girls doing that. You know that it's killing her to not be in the spotlight now.  I bet she's unbearable to be around. 

She's the only Total Diva aside from Eva (who is in NXT) who isn't a part of it. Maybe there's a reason for that. 

I thought she was off TV (and therefore wasn't involved in Divas Revolution) because she took time off to be with TJ while he recovered or was in the early/worst stages of the injury.

Nattie is a really good wrestler but she just doesn't have charisma. Her Total Divas antics killed her for me.

• Love 1

I feel bad for him, too. Cesaro (one of, if not the best, wrestlers on the roster. I could watch that guy wrestle for hours! so many cool moves) was his tag team partner and Cesaro has been wrestling solo in TJ's absence and has been doing amazing. He doesn't really have a storyline lately but he has closed the show on a few occasions. The fans are really behind his solo effort, the last few Raws the stands have been filled with "Cesaro section" signs. It's awesome. I don't know if WWE will reunite them when TJ comes back and they might not have anything for TJ.Also

Also! If anyone needs a new song for the workout playlist, may I recommend Sasha Banks (from NXT) theme song "Sky's the Limit"? I admittedly have really cheesy taste in music but I am obsessed with listening to her theme song  when I work out. Cause a girl gonna push em all out the way....

Edited by The Ascension
  • Love 1

Nikki has been posting on instagram that the Brooklyn crowd is rude. What happened? Did they boo her?

They booed her at SummerSlam. Then again, the Bellas are regularly booed so I don't know what makes Brooklyn special.

On Raw, once again, the Divas segment was booked TERRIBLY. Paige, Charlotte, Becky (team PCB, won at SummerSlam) gave an interview with WWE superstar The Miz. Charlotte was spouting off about her father - legend Ric Flair. Their lines were horrible. Nikki, Brie and Alicia Fox came out. They had more horrible lines. Miz said something "you wrestle like girls", team PCB went to attack him and I guess prove otherwise (Becky is an AMAZING wrestler who could prove him wrong), the Bellas attacked PCB from behind. Another 3 man tag team match ensued. They got a good amount of time, wrestling wasn't bad, but the snarky Brooklyn crowd absolutely shit on the match. They did The Wave, chanted for commentators, chanted "We Are Awesome", chanted CM Punk. It was horrible. There was also a "We want Sasha" chant. Commentary team forgot about the match and talked about the crowd. It was really bad. Not so much on the women, but on the abysmal writing and booking of the segment. The WWE KNOWS the Brooklyn crowd is a tough one and they sent the ladies out to fail. Sasha Banks and an NXT girl (bayley) tore the house down in front of essentially the same crowd two nights earlier. So it's WWE booking that is killing the divas. 

The whole Divas Revolution shouldn't be so damn difficult because Sasha and Becky are insanely talented (Charlotte is also very talented just not on their level), maybe moreso than a lot of the male wrestlers, but WWE stupid writing seems to take it on as a challenge to make it fail. It has been written so horribly. Three teams fighting for no reason. Why are they even in teams? No one knows. No one mentions Nikki's championship. Nikki said tonight "wins or losses don't matter." Wtf? Why would the writers put that in there. WWE writers and bookers have given it no value. It's sad. Hopefully after Night of Champions (next pay-per-view) when Nikki becomes the longest reigining Divas Champ, the writing gets better. 

Edited to add: Also, last week's Raw was in Minnesota. Brock Lesnar is from Minnesota and the show had been advertising his appearance all night to a crowd that was extremely hyped to see their hometown boy.  Sasha and Nikki were booked in the 2nd to last match of the night. At this point the crowd was really restless and just wanted Brock. The whole Sasha/Nikki match the crowd chanted "We want Lesnar!" I get it, they were tired, restless, Raw is a long show, and they really want to see their guy. But clearly he's up next in the last segment. You're obviously going to get him. It was annoying. 

Edited by The Ascension
  • Love 1

On Raw, once again, the Divas segment was booked TERRIBLY. Paige, Charlotte, Becky (team PCB, won at SummerSlam) gave an interview with WWE superstar The Miz. Charlotte was spouting off about her father - legend Ric Flair. Their lines were horrible. Nikki, Brie and Alicia Fox came out. They had more horrible lines. Miz said something "you wrestle like girls", team PCB went to attack him and I guess prove otherwise (Becky is an AMAZING wrestler who could prove him wrong), the Bellas attacked PCB from behind. Another 3 man tag team match ensued. They got a good amount of time, wrestling wasn't bad, but the snarky Brooklyn crowd absolutely shit on the match. They did The Wave, chanted for commentators, chanted "We Are Awesome", chanted CM Punk. It was horrible. There was also a "We want Sasha" chant. Commentary team forgot about the match and talked about the crowd. It was really bad. Not so much on the women, but on the abysmal writing and booking of the segment. The WWE KNOWS the Brooklyn crowd is a tough one and they sent the ladies out to fail. Sasha Banks and an NXT girl (bayley) tore the house down in front of essentially the same crowd two nights earlier. So it's WWE booking that is killing the divas.

The whole Divas Revolution shouldn't be so damn difficult because Sasha and Becky are insanely talented (Charlotte is also very talented just not on their level), maybe moreso than a lot of the male wrestlers, but WWE stupid writing seems to take it on as a challenge to make it fail. It has been written so horribly. Three teams fighting for no reason. Why are they even in teams? No one knows. No one mentions Nikki's championship. Nikki said tonight "wins or losses don't matter." Wtf? Why would the writers put that in there. WWE writers and bookers have given it no value. It's sad. Hopefully after Night of Champions (next pay-per-view) when Nikki becomes the longest reigining Divas Champ, the writing gets better.

Edited to add: Also, last week's Raw was in Minnesota. Brock Lesnar is from Minnesota and the show had been advertising his appearance all night to a crowd that was extremely hyped to see their hometown boy. Sasha and Nikki were booked in the 2nd to last match of the night. At this point the crowd was really restless and just wanted Brock. The whole Sasha/Nikki match the crowd chanted "We want Lesnar!" I get it, they were tired, restless, Raw is a long show, and they really want to see their guy. But clearly he's up next in the last segment. You're obviously going to get him. It was annoying.

That sounds brutal. I understand why she's mad. They don't write the terrible lines they have to read.

I feel bad for him, too. Cesaro (one of, if not the best, wrestlers on the roster. I could watch that guy wrestle for hours! so many cool moves) was his tag team partner and Cesaro has been wrestling solo in TJ's absence and has been doing amazing. He doesn't really have a storyline lately but he has closed the show on a few occasions. The fans are really behind his solo effort, the last few Raws the stands have been filled with "Cesaro section" signs. It's awesome. I don't know if WWE will reunite them when TJ comes back and they might not have anything for TJ.Also

We were at the Raw in Chicago last month, and after the televised show was over (Cena and Cesaro closed the show in a really great match), Cena grabbed a mic and got in the middle of the ring really talking up Cesaro, talking about how he's earned his chance and how good he is.  

Stuff like that (along with his Make A Wish stuff and the fact that, whenever he's on Total Divas, he's often the only person in the room with any damn sense) is why I can't hate Cena as much as the general crowd does. 

• Love 1

That sounds brutal. I understand why she's mad. They don't write the terrible lines they have to read.

Yeah, it's horribly unfair. The writers blow and refuse to book them even in an adequate manner but the girls are the ones who go out there and get the brunt of it. They're at the mercy of Vince (who does not like the divas division) and the terrible writers. They can't really go up against Vince so they're in a no-win situation. After Raw Paige tweeted "You helped us create change and then did your best to disrespect. Niceeeee jobbbbbbbb!" but then deleted it. 

Here is a good article about it: http://www.cagesideseats.com/2015/8/24/9195173/what-revolution

OnceSane said "the Bellas are regularly booed."

Why is that? Are they considered bad wrestlers? Nikki's the champ, for god's sake. Thanks.

They are heels (bad guys) so they *should* get hate or booed. Their characters are pretty much "mean girl" (WWE does a bad job showing this too). Also the Internet wrestling community hates the Bellas so that is also why they get some boos. The booing isn't prevalent usually, I think they get a lot of cheers. They have a lot of fans and there's a lot of signs for them in the crowd. Anyway the Internet and the "snarky" fans think the Bellas represent everything wrong with the Divas Division. The twins get a lot of horrible hate thrown their way- some of it is definitely deserved, some undeserved. A lot of comments or snark about how they are dating/married to two top wrestlers in the company. But their merchandise sells. On their wrestling ability, Nikki is better than average but a lot of fans won't acknowledge that because they're stuck in their hatred for the twins. Brie is bad. On her best day, she's adequate. That drives fans crazy because, when not injured, Daniel Bryan is considered one of the best wrestlers in the world.

Edited by The Ascension
  • Love 1

Yeah, it's horribly unfair. The writers blow and refuse to book them even in an adequate manner but the girls are the ones who go out there and get the brunt of it. They're at the mercy of Vince (who does not like the divas division) and the terrible writers. They can't really go up against Vince so they're in a no-win situation. After Raw Paige tweeted "You helped us create change and then did your best to disrespect. Niceeeee jobbbbbbbb!" but then deleted it.

Here is a good article about it: http://www.cagesideseats.com/2015/8/24/9195173/what-revolution

They are heels (bad guys) so they *should* get hate or booed. Their characters are pretty much "mean girl" (WWE does a bad job showing this too). Also the Internet wrestling community hates the Bellas so that is also why they get some boos. The booing isn't prevalent usually, I think they get a lot of cheers. They have a lot of fans and there's a lot of signs for them in the crowd. Anyway the Internet and the "snarky" fans think the Bellas represent everything wrong with the Divas Division. The twins get a lot of horrible hate thrown their way- some of it is definitely deserved, some undeserved. A lot of comments or snark about how they are dating/married to two top wrestlers in the company. But their merchandise sells. On their wrestling ability, Nikki is better than average but a lot of fans won't acknowledge that because they're stuck in their hatred for the twins. Brie is bad. On her best day, she's adequate. That drives fans crazy because, when not injured, Daniel Bryan is considered one of the best wrestlers in the world.

Vince doesn't like the Diva's division? Didn't he daughter wrestle in that division?

Vince has the creepiest face. It looks like he has way too much botox.

Sorry for all the questions and thanks for answering everything! Total Diva's definitely gives very little insight about the WWE.

OnceSane said "the Bellas are regularly booed."Why is that? Are they considered bad wrestlers? Nikki's the champ, for god's sake. Thanks.

IMO, they are barely passable wrestlers; and it took them almost a decade to go from terrible to barely passable which is just embarrassing.

To be fair, the Bellas do get some cheers, and more than they used to thanks to this show. You may hear more cheers for them on Smackdown because it isn't live and the WWE can edit in more cheers. On RAW, sometimes the crowd is muted a bit when they perform so you don't always hear the boos (that's the best the WWE can do with a live show).

• Love 1

Is Trinity a good wrestler? I'm jealous of her athleticism. The Diva's have amazing bodies.

Everyone on this board is awesome! I appreciate all the insight you have given me about the Diva's.

Edited by Suzy123
  • Love 1

Yeah, from what I understood the Bellas are heels, so I don't know why they are surprised they get booed.  I thought they said they had more fun being heels.  Although it sounded like the Brooklyn crowd was booing all the girls.  Although to be fair, the girls for the most part come off as ridiculous on "Total Divas."  Maybe folks would take them more seriously if we actually got to see them working out and working on their craft more?

How old is Charlotte?  She looks kinda old.  Almost like Nattie, who is only in her early 30s but looks so much older.

So, of the 3 diva teams, you really have two heel teams and one face team (Paige, Charlotte, Becky)?

Yeah I don't think they mind getting booed. They like being heels and heels are supposed to be disliked or get booed. I think it was the crowd clearly making a mockery. It would be one thing if they booed Nikki after she punched Charlotte's dad or something. But the crowd tuned out and were loudly expressing how they didn't care about what the women were trying to do. The divas want to be taken seriously, get more time and get better (or any) storytelling and when the crowd does that, the backstage people notice and it reaffirms that they're right to not invest more in the divas. 

I also think "Total Divas" doesn't really help the audience's perception. They fight, get drunk, etc. The men have to show them common sense or reason. "Total Divas" is not at all what I want it to be. I want to see them laying out matches beforehand, trying to learn new moves, training, getting the Raw script and reacting to it or practicing, figuring out a new character with WWE staff, etc. The TV scene is overflowing with relationship problems, family problems, girl fights. Total Divas doesn't need that. It can differentiate itself by showing the WWE stuff. Kardashians or Real Housewives can't do that. 

Charlotte is 29.

Edited by The Ascension
  • Love 1

The ratio of work stuff vs home stuff on Total Divas should be flipped. I'd rather see more of them on the road, travelling, even when they vacation together.

I don't think the fans booing the women watch or care about Total Divas. They just don't want to see women wrestle. They don't respect them. I can't even count how many people I have seen say that the Divas matches suck, but they don't actually watch them, so they are forming their opinion through other people.  My theory is that a lot of people are either following the lead of WWE, who hasn't shown women any respect in a long time; or for the fans who follow online, the guys who run the news sites who also don't show the women any respect. 

It seems like this was a crowd that wanted to make themselves the centre of attention, instead of just enjoying the show. It's unfortunate, but it happens. Usually in NY and Philly. 

Poor Charlotte. She looks like her dad.  I didn't know she was that old though, for some reason I thought she was younger than her brother Reid. He would have been 27. 

Edited by BellaLugosi
  • Love 1

Once you hit 30 (like a lot of other forms of entertainment) and you are female, the company starts looking elsewhere. Hopefully she decides to train other divas because she has a lot to give in that respect.

• Love 2

Brie was so cute in the singing scenes. They tell her to sing with more intensity and she just sings louder. That's what probably what I would have done, Brie! 

They tell Nikki to sound more sexy and she grinds while singing. Haha. Eek.

Renee Young is ridiculously adorable.

Ugh Nattie. I think her fear is valid. 

Nothing to say about Paige/Rosa. They're so immature.

Paige, which part of "taking romantic advice from Rosa, the same woman who thought you were in love with her because you returned her texts within a certain window of time" seemed like a solid idea? 

• Love 2

I loved the parts with th Bellas singing! So cute!  

Paige was awful. What an immature person she is. Any guy would get sick of that pretty quickly. I think if she's going to keep making cryptic references to her past relationship that was so bad, she needs to just speak about it once. On this show, she said he was mentally & physically abusive. I think that's the first time she's mentioned the physical abuse. I don't condone forcing anyone to tell their story, but she's made it part of the show. 

Nattie is ridiculous. I loved people thinking she was older than she actually is. All her scenes with Mark were cringeworthy. He's telling her to be professional and she's asking for selfies. Anyway, I think Nattie looks young enough in the face, but she carries herself like an old lady. Her clothing choices for the most part are things you'd see on a woman in her 50s. Which is fine, wear what you want, but don't expect people to think you are 30 when you dress like that.  

What was up with that guy who did that roundhouse...lol! They all could have beat his ass so easily.

OMG he was such an idiot.  At first I thought maybe there was something wrong with him mentally, but no, he was just a drunk idiot.  Tamina is a freaking amazon and would've wiped the floor with him.  Not that the other girls are wilting flowers either.  Luckily Trinity had a cool head on her.  Nattie is just sad and I hope for her sake that her antics were just for the camera.

Paige is really immature and being with her is exhausting.  Not sure how long guys can put up with that.

Do you WWE fans think that Nattie is being phased out? It seems to me, on Total Divas, they always choose someone younger and prettier over Nattie.

She's been on the main roster for 7 years (not 10!), which still is a long time for a Diva.  She's currently the one who has been on the main roster the longest, with Alicia 2 months behind her. Nattie also has her lack of charisma working against her.  The Divas already have the preconceived notion that they are boring, time for a bathroom break part of the show.  She also doesn't come across as sexy, she seems awkward when she tries. She is a really good wrestler, unfortunately that's only a part of what they want the girls to be.

Now, as for what Mark offered her, I wouldn't see that as a slap in the face like she did.  That's a pretty good gig. The other women end up retiring or being released.  And they could just outright release her, but they offered her a job training. The facility is in Florida where she lives.  

Has Nattie ever mentioned wanting children? I can't recall ever hearing that. 

She's been on the main roster for 7 years (not 10!), which still is a long time for a Diva.  She's currently the one who has been on the main roster the longest, with Alicia 2 months behind her. Nattie also has her lack of charisma working against her.  The Divas already have the preconceived notion that they are boring, time for a bathroom break part of the show.  She also doesn't come across as sexy, she seems awkward when she tries. She is a really good wrestler, unfortunately that's only a part of what they want the girls to be.

Now, as for what Mark offered her, I wouldn't see that as a slap in the face like she did.  That's a pretty good gig. The other women end up retiring or being released.  And they could just outright release her, but they offered her a job training. The facility is in Florida where she lives.  

I don't know what to think of Nattie.  She's a pretty girl, but she's never going to have the "supermodel" look that the Bellas or some of the other Divas have.  I think that the WWE likes her because of her Hart lineage.  They seem to think that she is a hard worker and a lot of people respond well to her in person.  Despite her antics, most of the time, she seems to have a good head on her shoulders.  Sometimes I wonder if the WWE is apprehensive towards her because of the difficulties that her father has had.

If you have the time, I recommend reading the autobiography that Bret Hart wrote.  It's a bit long, but very interesting.  A lot of stuff in there about 80s and 90s wrestling.  There's not much about Nattie, but her parents are mentioned in it.  The Ellie that Bret wrote about in his autobiography does not seem like the same person that we see on Total Divas.

• Love 1

I've been thinking that, with this influx of divas, they need to reinstate the Divas tag belt (they used to have one, right)?  If they did, if they paired Nattie up with someone who is strong in the areas she's lacking (charisma, sex appeal), she could do well.  As a Hart, she's pretty much got it in her blood to be good at the wrestling aspect, and one of the knocks on the divas is that they don't always put on great technical matches.  So let Nattie form a women's "Hart Foundation" and play the same angle Bret played - the extremely strong technical wrestler.  People will watch.  

They can barely make the main female title work and technically there are two female titles. That's more than enough. Tna did that and it just became accessory eventually. That's the same thing that will happen here.

Paige doesn't have the temperament and maturity to be a trainer.  While I understand that she's "tough" (because she tells us all the time) and that's how she was trained, she has to understand that that style doesn't work for everyone.  I understand that she was upset at Ariane because if Ariane does something incorrectly it could affect Paige, but she just blew up and handled it so immaturely.

I like the way Brie dresses actually.  I like her style.  I like Nikki''s style for the most part, although sometimes her dresses can be a little trashy.  They have great bodies and that's not going to last for long so flaunt it while you still have it.  As long as its tasteful and all the bits are covered.  Yeah, I would not be using Bryan's compost toilet.  Ewww....

BigE - I'm sure its hard to find clothes that fit him because of his size, but oh, the shirt he wore on the date with Nattie's sister was awful.

Bleh - Eva returns next week.

Bryan has really been bugging me this season. From his treatment of Nikki and now his whole controlling attitude towards Brie's clothing annoyed me. I don't understand the whole you change your clothing or I will turn off the water. I don't know, her whole change in attitude near the end of the episode bugged me. All of a sudden she had the "best husband ever" while he was throwing away her clothing. Hers!

I'm sorry, either she has no backbone or there is something going on behind the scenes with them.