Type keyword(s) to search

The People's Court - General Discussion

• Start Topic

52 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

"Car Wash Catastrophe 

Catastrophes, riots, mayhem - Levin must be watching different cases than those we're getting or else he truly thinks a broken mirror is a catastrophe. Nah. "What word can I use that starts with "c" like "car"... ? I got it!"

At first I was on Dookie's side, until I heard about 10 auto claims filed (The way P smirked about that made me think it's quite true) and the huge boe-nanza she was looking for here. 1700$ for the terrible pain and suffering of having your mirror fall off?  I wonder how many times her little scam - the car equivalent of a "slip and fall" -  worked?

Judge Marilyn says they should have given the plaintiff $250 in free car washes. 

I didn't understand that.  Why should they? Four signs clearly say they won't pay for damage on cars over 7 years old. Oh, but Dookie the Shameless says she never read them. Should Defs give free washes to everyone who claims damage to their old cars and have every hustler within driving distance heading there for free stuff?

Case 2-Plaintiff /former tenant suing former landlord for $1,000 security deposit. 

OMG, I couldn't stand that great big baby boy and his hachet-faced sister, whose attitude made me think I understand why Andrew couldn't take her any more.

Big overstuffed baby boy's evidence? ALL of it was hearsay from his 92-year-old daddy and he expected JM to completely accept that. "I think my dad told me he never said that to her." The same father he feels is incompetent to answer a question here? And both of them are big ugly liars too.

I liked it when JM asked Sis if she sent a letter to P in 14 days as required by law, detailing why they were keeping the security. "Absolutely not", she huffs, insulted that anyone would think SHE has to follow rules. Her daddy owns the place!

I just hope these two idiotic, nickel-grabbing siblings get some litigant-type renters in there who will trash the place beyond recognition. 

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Catastrophes, riots, mayhem - Levin must be watching different cases than those we're getting or else he truly thinks a broken mirror is a catastrophe. Nah. "What word can I use that starts with "c" like "car"... ? I got it!"

At first I was on Dookie's side, until I heard about 10 auto claims filed (The way P smirked about that made me think it's quite true) and the huge boe-nanza she was looking for here. 1700$ for the terrible pain and suffering of having your mirror fall off?  I wonder how many times her little scam - the car equivalent of a "slip and fall" -  worked?

I didn't understand that.  Why should they? Four signs clearly say they won't pay for damage on cars over 7 years old. Oh, but Dookie the Shameless says she never read them. Should Defs give free washes to everyone who claims damage to their old cars and have every hustler within driving distance heading there for free stuff?

OMG, I couldn't stand that great big baby boy and his hachet-faced sister, whose attitude made me think I understand why Andrew couldn't take her any more.

Big overstuffed baby boy's evidence? ALL of it was hearsay from his 92-year-old daddy and he expected JM to completely accept that. "I think my dad told me he never said that to her." The same father he feels is incompetent to answer a question here? And both of them are big ugly liars too.

I liked it when JM asked Sis if she sent a letter to P in 14 days as required by law, detailing why they were keeping the security. "Absolutely not", she huffs, insulted that anyone would think SHE has to follow rules. Her daddy owns the place!

I just hope these two idiotic, nickel-grabbing siblings get some litigant-type renters in there who will trash the place beyond recognition. 

"Dookie the Shameless" and "nickel-grabbing siblings" - perfect description.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

New episode, "Car Wash Catastrophe  "

Case 1-Plaintiff Miss Dookie

Awesome name.  I like it.

Plaintiff gets snotty with Doug, and says she'll never go back to the car wash, but in the defendants' place, I would ban her.

Yes the Dookie did get snotty with our Doug and I didn’t like it one bit.  I actually was a bit on edge when she told Doug he (the car wash owner) could take those free car washes, tie them in a big red bow and….give them to his mother!!  

For a split second I thought she was going to tell Doug to take the free car washes, tie them in a big red bow and shove them up his ass 

Note to Doug:. In the event the Dookie did say that, I was prepared to jump in my car and drive the three hours to NYC (or eight hours during traffic on 1-95) come to the studio (excuse me, courtroom) and clean Dookies clock.  

Dookie the Grifter.  She would have been more successful slipping on the wet floor of the car wash and claim soft tissue damage.  Moron.

1 minute ago, PsychoKlown said:

Dookie the Grifter.  She would have been more successful slipping on the wet floor of the car wash and claim soft tissue damage.  Moron.

Don't give her any ideas.  Mr. AZC used to be a claims adjuster (BEFORE the days of video cameras recording everything that happens in a store).  He dealt with LOTS of these cases.  

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Don't give her any ideas.  Mr. AZC used to be a claims adjuster (BEFORE the days of video cameras recording everything that happens in a store).  He dealt with LOTS of these cases.  

Keep an eye out for her on Hot Bench. 

1 hour ago, PsychoKlown said:

That would probably be a more successful racket for the Dookster. Imagine - chiropractor bills, psychotherapy for her new PTSD and 'angoraphobia' , the prescriptions for Ativan, and of course pain and suffering for the panic attacks she now has every time she sees a wet floor.

2 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

Note to Doug:. In the event the Dookie did say that, I was prepared to jump in my car and drive the three hours to NYC (or eight hours during traffic on 1-95) come to the studio (excuse me, courtroom) and clean Dookies clock.

We're with you on that!

• Love 3

I wasn't watching too closely today but I perked up for the pit bull owner in the second case - I thought I had accidentally tuned in to the senior version of Jersey Shore. He was a complete clod, caught red handed lying about what the land lord had said about his dog.

• Love 4

New episode, "Bickering Over Bathing Suits"

Case 1-Plaintiff wants to design bathing suits and wants her $1240 back from defendant for not delivering the swimsuits, and sarongs finished to the quality that plaintiff paid for.   It's for a Mommy and Me swimwear line, modeled by plaintiff and her 6-year-old daughter.   

Plaintiff says everything was finished a month late.   Plaintiff didn't like the wraps/sarongs, or the swimsuits.  Plaintiff shows that the swimwear is dirty (I'm not talking about that at all).  The swimwear designs are very common, nothing unique.   Defendant blames the stains on the swimsuit on a dirty table at plaintiff's place (that's garbage, and a lie). 

Poor Douglas is laughing when Judge Marilyn says she's actually worn all of the 2 piece and 1 piece styles pictured, even when she shouldn't have been wearing them.

Defendant says she did beautiful, quality work.   Defendant claims she had to change the designs, so she wasn't copying other designers. 

The bikini bottom the plaintiff holds up is so strangely shaped.  No one on earth could wear that.   The work is laughably bad. 

Plaintiff wins, and she should.

Case 2-Plaintiff suing defendant for defendant's dog attacking plaintiff's dog.   $691 are the vet bills.   This happened at a friend's house, and defendant says plaintiff knew there were two Pit Bulls in the house.   Plaintiff has a Chiweenie (Chihuahua, and Dachshund mix).   Someone let the Pit into the friend's house, and Pit attacked the Chiweenie.   Plaintiff jumped on Pit's back, ripped the dog's mouth open, to free her dog. 

Defendant Jerry lives in a trailer on the plaintiff's friend's property, and landlady calls in and tells Judge Marilyn that the second the eviction moratorium is over, Jerry and another tenant on the property will be gone.   Jerry lies and says the landlady is fine with his Pit Bulls living on her property, and coming in her home.   Landlady has a no other dogs in the house rule, around her older dog, and plaintiff's dog.    (Jerry looks like he escaped from an Elvis impersonator contest, he finished last).   Landlady says Jerry's been told to get the Pits off the property.   Judge Marilyn tells landlady to give 30 days notice to get rid of the dog, and to start eviction proceedings.   

Animal control has cited defendant, and he has a court date, but claims he doesn't know why he has to go to court.    

Plaintiff gets her $691, and I hope Jerry and his puppy devouring dog are evicted soon. 

(A personal brand is expanded in the social media era.   It's setting yourself up as a leader in your field, such as an influencer.  I think plaintiff wanted to promote her swimsuit/wrap line, and set herself up as a fashion influencer with her salon services, etc.    Like certain people who are famous for being famous, and get a fashion or makeup line with their name on it).   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

"Bickering Over Bathing Suits"

Crotch and crotch! OMG. The lips of the pop-eyed P (who is a model and is opening a nail salon and maybe something else) were flapping so long and so fast I got dizzy. Another one who is loyal and wants to deal only with someone of her (race/nationality/religion/language, etc) and got disappointed like so many before her.

What is a "brand" for private individuals? I only know brands like maybe Kellog, Kraft, and/or George, but it seems Def, P and everyone else has a "brand" now. Why don't I have a brand?

I cannot sew a button on without "mayhem" but even I could see those rags were a mess. Def was rather supercilious for someone who does such sloppy, amateurish, shitty work and delivers disgustingly soiled product. Samples? Why, yes - I would always display dirty, smelly, nasty garments of my BRAND as samples of what you, too can own!

Levin: "Ew. Dirty crotch? Gross!" Yeah, right, you little butt-sniffer. The more down and dirty a case is, the more you get your wee panties all knotted with excitement. You love it, you leaky little troll.

But yeah - I gave up at that moment. Frickin' disgusting.

• Love 6

The fence plaintiff from last week seemed on something and totally unhinged. I don’t believe she was a police officer and I feel like she breached the contract by stalking him at the hospital. That was crazy. I find I’m disagreeing with many of MM’s decisions lately. 

• Love 4
On 2/23/2022 at 3:26 PM, AZChristian said:

Just shows you how things can change while you're watching - I initially found those two women defendants rather annoying but as the case wore on, I was like - "yeah no" when it came to the plaintiff.  10 auto claims?  I've had insurance with my agent since March of 1993.  I have had to submit precisely TWO claims in all that time (other than the roadside assistance flat tire/dead battery requests.  And one of those was that a huge tree branch fell on my car.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

Just shows you how things can change while you're watching - I initially found those two women defendants rather annoying but as the case wore on, I was like - "yeah no" when it came to the plaintiff.  10 auto claims?  I've had insurance with my agent since March of 1993.  I have had to submit precisely TWO claims in all that time (other than the roadside assistance flat tire/dead battery requests.  And one of those was that a huge tree branch fell on my car.  

I suspect she wasn't filing claims against her own insurance.  She was probably trying to file claims for that same broken mirror at 5 different car washes - having THEM pay for it.

And - coincidentally - just today, my windshield got hit by a rock kicked up from a vehicle going by, and I've got an 8-inch crack now.  Thank goodness my insurance includes free glass repair/replacement.

• Love 3

New episode-"Squabbling With Your Sister"-

Case 1-Plaintif/fsister  was rooming with defendant, and claims defendant/sister locked her out, slammed the door behind her, and tossed her $6,000 in property (the state maximum, plaintiff claims she was out $8,000).   

Plaintiff and her adult son signed the lease, then son wanted off the lease and moved, and defendant was on the lease.   Plaintiff says she's a nice little old lady, who goes to church and bingo, and never did anything wrong.   

Defendant says issues started months ago, because plaintiff would leave and stay gone for at least a week before the rent was due, and claims plaintiff would pay late every month.   

Defendant says plaintiff had no rights to the apartment, and couldn't pass the background check to get on the lease,  because plaintiff is a many times convicted felon.  Defendant says plaintiff couldn't get on the lease because of her criminal convictions, including bank robbery, stealing from Home Depot and Walmart, stealing mail from the post office, heroin addict, and a bunch of other things.  Defendant got sick of the non-payment for rent, and other things with the plaintiff.   Plaintiff claims she went out to smoke, and defendant slammed the door behind her, and locked it.  

A few days later, plaintiff came back to the apartment and found the locks were changed.  Then, police came to the apartment, plaintiff got back in, and the next morning plaintiff went out to smoke, and defendant locked the door behind the plaintiff.   So, defendant put plaintiff's shoes, purse, and other items outside.   Defendant was going to move out, and Judge Marilyn says plaintiff had to be legally evicted, so defendant is wrong.  

Defendant put everything belonging to plaintiff out on the covered front porch.   Plaintiff had a U-Haul truck right there, and picked up everything she could carry by herself, because plaintiff had no one to help her.   

Plaintiff says no one helped her load anything, so she only took what she could load by herself.  Defendant says plaintiff didn't have a desktop computer, or some of the other things she's claiming defendant stole from her.  (I find it surprising that no one helped plaintiff pick her stuff and load it.   I've been dragging a sofa out of my house, and two neighbors I didn't even know ran to help).   

Plaintiff couldn't get someone to help her, but she could take time to come a day early to get her stuff, and make a video of her stuff being moved out, and post it to social media.   

At first, I had some sympathy for the plaintiff, but this case is just a money grab.   Judge says if you're collecting rent, even from someone not on the lease, you still have to evict the person legally. 

Plaintiff gets $0, no proof of property left behind, or value.   

Defendant gets $0, no proof.  Sisters are advised to leave each other alone, and both say they will never talk to the other sister. 

Case 2-Plaintiff says neighbor practiced his golf swing,, damaged two solar panels on top of plaintiff's house.   The photo of a golf ball in the grass, and the damage on the solar panel does show damages from a golf ball, but who did it?     Plaintiff claims there is a trail of golf balls from defendants house to his house.   Plaintiff is suing for $527 to fix the second solar panel.   The solar panels are a huge array, and quite far from plaintiff's house, and from defendant's house.   

Defendant says he lives 300 yards from plaintiff's house, and even though he's a decent golfer, he's not capable of hitting the ball that far.    (My guess with a nine iron or whatever he was using, the defendant couldn't hit the other side of the clearing, and the 1% of golf balls he can't find are the few that go into the woods.)  The two hits were months apart, and there are police reports.   Plaintiff claims there's a trail of golf balls from defendant's house to plaintiff's solar array.   

Defendant says he only hits maximum of 90 yards, and he finds about 99% of the balls, from his own wooded lot.  After the first incident, in June 2021,  defendant wrote a check just to settle the plaintiff down, and to get the plaintiff to shut up.   Defendant said he stopped hitting golf balls on his property, and then he got the second demand letter in October 2021, from plaintiff for another solar panel repair.   

There is zero proof of who hit the panels.    (Wild guess, sometimes birds pick up golf balls from golf courses, and drop them when they find out it's not food. Or more of the neighbors or visitors practice hitting long drives.   )    The plaintiff claims the police reports show a trail of golf balls from defendant's house to the solar array, but the police reports don't say that.   I wonder if any of the renters of neighbor's house are golfers?  

Plaintiff loses, no proof.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
25 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

"Squabbling With Your Sister"

I couldn't stick this out until the end. Why someone would invite a convicted felon, thief, bank robber(?!) and heroin addict to live with them, even if related, I have no idea. I guess it's all okay if that person says they go to church. All this defamation, slander, pain and all that? Wrap it all up, tie it with a ribbon and... give it to your mother. Uncle has to play referee to these old birds. Stuff and nonsense.

This is the second time we've seen someone make tracks outta town coincidentally when rent is due. P is such a social butterfy with her bingo and church stuff you can't expect her to stick around for that boring rent stuff. It couldn't have been a huge surprise to the Def that rent might be hard to come by. P was scary looking, like a prehistoric plucked Terror Bird.

The part I found the most incomprehensible: Would you rent a U-Haul and take it to load all your junk on, knowing in advance you had no help to carry all said junk? P does so and when asked by JM to explain (in words of one syllable) answers in non-sequiturs. Maybe the drugs messed up her brain.This case was messing up MY brain, so I FF.

Mr. Piewicki was boring, but def was such an unlikeable, smirky jerk, having the nerve to send golf balls flying all over the place (he's lucky he didn't bean Piewicki) I gave up on this too.

I was mildly interested in the "Hey, Judges!" nonsense. Amazing how all the questions start the same way. Does everyone begin their address to anyone with a  rude "Hey"? Oh, right. That's our wee Harve's little contribution. I guess he doesn't know any better.

That someone would pay a great deal of money for a condo and be told they can't use certain lightbulbs makes me determined to never buy a condo.

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I couldn't stick this out until the end. Why someone would invite a convicted felon, thief, bank robber(?!) and heroin addict to live with them, even if related, I have no idea.

Cash. 

All this defamation, slander, pain and all that? Wrap it all up, tie it with a ribbon and... give it to your mother.

Red bow.  Don’t forget the red bow.  

And the comment by JM that she’s not on Facebook?  What?  I thought her schtick was seeing how she lives her life outside the courtroom?  Seeing how she lives her life while the zipper on her justice robe is unzipped and there’s a picture of her in a sundress that is not providing proper support?  Color me confused.

The part I found the most incomprehensible: Would you rent a U-Haul and take it to load all your junk on, knowing in advance you had no help to carry all said junk? 

Maybe her sainted church buddies had to back out at the last minute.  She didn’t say that, actually what she did say did not make a bit of sense but it’s a possible answer.  That, or the U-Haul was “borrowed” (without the proper paperwork) and she thought she could take advantage of the situation.

And may I add she had a heckuva arrest record.  Bank robbery?  Holy cats!!!!

Mr. Piewicki was boring, but def was such an unlikeable, smirky jerk, having the nerve to send golf balls flying all over the place (he's lucky he didn't bean Piewicki) I gave up on this too.

Poor Mr. Piewicki needs a hobby.  Preferably one that occupies most of his waking hours. CrazyInAlabama’s suggestion that a bird could have dropped the ball is not so crazy at all.  Makes more sense to me than the defendant hitting a ball 500,000 yards.  That moron looks like he chews up the course with major divots.  Don’t ask me how I know that. 

Apparently Mr. Piewicki has time.  Unfortunately he’s using that time to cook up problems that give his life meaning.  I’m betting there’s no Mrs. Piewicki.

I also wonder who was in charge of renovating the courtroom?  I’m not fashionista but the  2022 courtroom looks amazingly like a basic room at the Hampton Inn.  Same furnishings and fire alarms.  Maybe the producers said “Give us the $129 a night hotel look”  They sure got it.  

I missed yesterday’s bikini case and while several of you skipped over the specific details, the words dirty and crotch say it all.  Maybe that’s why God created staff meetings on a Thursday afternoon.

Whatever the reason…I am grateful.

And may I add she had a heckuva arrest record.  Bank robbery?  Holy cats!!!!

And apparently an abject failure at all her crimes, as most dumb criminals are. But when you see someone who fails at even hauling her junk in a U-Haul, it's not surprising.

the words dirty and crotch say it all.  Maybe that’s why God created staff meetings on a Thursday afternoon.

Trust me, you do not want to see the pics of this dirty crotch, especially if you're eating as I was. 🤢 How did we get to this point? I blame Droopy Dawg.

• LOL 3
7 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Trust me, you do not want to see the pics of this dirty crotch, especially if you're eating as I was. 🤢 How did we get to this point? I blame Droopy Dawg.

I think we watch this train wreck because soon after we come here to post.

I think the real entertainment are the observations and humor displayed on this board.  I am not so sure I’d watch as faithfully (if at all) if it didn’t exist.

And as far as Droopy Dawg goes - he’s disintegrating right before our eyes.  In a few years he’ll be a pile of wrinkly dust surrounded by a pastel golf shirt.  

Can’t wait.

On 2/22/2022 at 5:19 PM, PsychoKlown said:

Plaintiff was an attractive woman.  Why JM had the hutspah to ask her her age is beyond me.  Not appropriate.  Nope.  

Oh come on! JM already knew! I'm sure it was in the filing somewhere. We know both sides file statements ahead of time. As a certified Little Old Lady, myself (not in my 90s, but still), I can guarantee the plaintiff decided to throw the Little Old Lady card on the table. She made damned sure the "I'm legally blind card" got played too. JM let her have her 15 minutes of fame and get a chance to be primped on national TV.

I was a little surprised that the contractor wasn't allowed to correct their work, but the defendant talked about not being able to get the right spline quickly, so that could have factored into the decision. Really I wouldn't want to not be able to open my windows if I was told "we can't get to it for 3 weeks". I wish, if that were the case, it had been made clearer, but that was part of what I gleaned from the case.

• Love 4

In a few years he’ll be a pile of wrinkly dust surrounded by a pastel golf shirt.  

A pile of dust with a big sippy cup on top of it. Maybe he needs the constant rehydration.

His little sycophants had a contest to Choose Levin's Next Sippy Cup. I don't know the outcome, but I bet this made him feel so special.

levin.jpg

• Love 1
14 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

I think we watch this train wreck because soon after we come here to post.

I think the real entertainment are the observations and humor displayed on this board.  I am not so sure I’d watch as faithfully (if at all) if it didn’t exist.

So right. It would be no fun at all watching the show and then merely muttering and grumbling explicitives and maybe even explicatives to myself.

When we get something wonderful, wild and wacky like Jan/Jen/Jane, or poor kooky Jude in his SRO crib I can't wait to get here for the witty commentary.

• Love 7

Has anyone else’s schedule for TPC changed? It used to air here from 10 am-12pm, but this morning those hours were filled with TMZ Live and Tamron Hall. 

I’m going to be annoyed if it gets bumped to the middle of the night again in favor of those two shows. 

I think the scheduling is up to the local stations.    Where I live I get a very recent rerun at 10 a.m., and the new episodes at 3 p.m.    I think the stations go with the time period that the companies that advertise on the channel want for their product.   

Today's episode is the Bobcat sale again, this is at least the third showing.    I know I saw the original airing, then today's, so I bet the other time was one of the 10 a.m. reruns, the episodes are very recent. 

I'm guessing the schedule changes are when contracts run out, and the station opts to keep one hour or two, or move shows around, or get rid of them.

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Bookworm13 said:

Has anyone else’s schedule for TPC changed? It used to air here from 10 am-12pm, but this morning those hours were filled with TMZ Live and Tamron Hall. 

Same schedule here, but I DVR it at 4 p.m.

Back to reruns, but I only saw the Bobcat case once before. JM was wrong about these two being testosterone-fueled. I doubt either of them is overly pumped with that particular hormone. P appeared to be an even worse little hustler on second viewing.

• LOL 4

In general I like Judge MM, but she goes to this well too easily/often.  Just because it's too guys disagreeing it doesn't mean they're trying to prove who's the alpha dog.  They can be frustrated or petty or annoyed but they're not automatically a meathead because of their anatomy of a particular hormone.  I've seen plenty of women trying to stake their superiority, over both other women and men.  Despite what she may think, it's not a boys club.    I don't recall her regularly calling two women not agreeing catty bitches.

I'm not overly sensitive to this stuff and I don't necessarily have a problem with her using the term when it's clearly the case but making it your go to for two guys not agreeing says more about her than her litigants.   

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, Maverick said:

Just because it's too guys disagreeing it doesn't mean they're trying to prove who's the alpha dog. 

Agree, especially with these two. I just saw it as a petty scammer trying to pull a fast one and Def quite rightly not allowing it. Def was pissed off because P damned well knew he needed cash and lied and pretended he didn't know. Also, his "I can't give that much cash with no way to prove I paid it" was such BS, unless never in his life has he heard of those things called "receipts". He deserved to lose his 1500$.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I just saw it as a petty scammer trying to pull a fast one and Def quite rightly not allowing it.

Yep, I agree, I think the plaintiff was planning a scam by doing something like the defendant described as the reason he refused a check and demanded cash. I liked the outcome.

• Love 4

@CrazyInAlabama and @AngelaHunter, thank you both for your replies. I’ve gone through my channel guide and it looks like I’ll only be getting one episode a day at 2pm now. Guess I’ll set my DVR tomorrow and hope for the best. There were a ton of schedule changes at the start of the season, but it had been the same since Oct which is why I was puzzled at something new now. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, DoctorK said:

Yep, I agree, I think the plaintiff was planning a scam by doing something like the defendant described as the reason he refused a check and demanded cash. I liked the outcome.

How many times have we seen "I trusted him!" litigants who accepted cheques for goods or services only to find the account was closed or NSF? A whole bunch of times, and the way this P just wanted to forget the deal because he had to pay in cash - which was clearly stated in the text and which he claims he never saw -  was very suspicious. Why would he do that, if he wanted the item and had the money?

Petty hustlers and scammers know their marks usually won't bother going to small claims court for the money because they know they won't get it anyway.

• Love 4

I never saw the pompous Mr. Besaw, who declares his former "I seen", frog-faced bride is "not the sharpest crayon in the box" and is a "money-grubber."

Maybe so, Besaw, but you were hot to marry her after knowing her for 5 months, and glad to support her while she sat around and did nothing. So he steals her stimulus money that was deposited in his account. He had no idea the double payments weren't his. Really, he had no clue.

By the way, Besaw, your pomposity notwithstanding, you are no prize catch yourself.

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I never saw the pompous Mr. Besaw, who declares his former "I seen", frog-faced bride is "not the sharpest crayon in the box" and is a "money-grubber."

Maybe so, Besaw, but you were hot to marry her after knowing her for 5 months, and glad to support her while she sat around and did nothing. So he steals her stimulus money that was deposited in his account. He had no idea the double payments weren't his. Really, he had no clue.

By the way, Besaw, your pomposity notwithstanding, you are no prize catch yourself.

Wasn’t he a kick in the head?

And why do you suppose she high tailed it away from him after such a short period of marital life?  That question came to my mind when it was revealed they had a five month courtship and a 12 to 14 month marriage (depending on who you ask).

She clearly wants no part of that jerk because if the courtroom is any indication the plaintiffs side look much more worn than the defendants side so she didn’t leave him for greener pastures in terms of a new home - excuse me, a new courtroom 

Maybe he was too controlling?  Maybe he discovered that she was his intellectual inferior and could not adequately hold her own on discussing nuclear properties as it pertains to maintaining a stable society?  Or, perhaps he likes to sit on the living room couch naked like that litigant who was filmed without knowing it? 

So many questions but I just don’t have the answers. Maybe I too am not the sharpest crayon in the box. 

Edited by PsychoKlown
Courtroom
On 2/28/2022 at 6:04 PM, Maverick said:

I've seen plenty of women trying to stake their superiority, over both other women and men.

We've heard of and even seen women stripping down and furiously battling on the street, usually over a loser man. What would we call them? Overly-estrogen fueled? In heat? Territorial, like animals?

In fact we hear this more often than we do about men duking it out in public.

• Love 3
On 11/23/2021 at 5:01 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

(I don't have kids, but I agree with Judge Marilyn.  Monitor what your kids are up to, who they hang out with, and who they're talking to online, and what information they're giving out to people.    There have been so many cases of kids going to meet some online friend, and ending up a Dateline special). 

On 11/23/2021 at 5:30 PM, AngelaHunter said:

The judges talk about raising children. JM is "MY house" and "MY children" and Judge John is all, like, basically, "What am I? Chopped liver?" I'm afraid he doesn't count for much in that house. 😄

But she's right that tabs need to kept on children. So many parents let their kids sit in their bedrooms unsupervised on their computers watching depraved porn and being contacted by pedos and other creepy predators.

I know that I am WAY, WAY, WAY behind, but this conversation really bothered me so much that I had to comment on it.

I totally agree with keeping an eye on what your teenage kids are doing online and checking their phones.

But then she talked about if she saw a diary in a kid's bag and that she would totally read it?

No!  Just no!

There is a big difference between monitoring what your kids are saying/posting to others (or receiving) online and reading their private thoughts.

The way to make sure that your kids are not becoming school shooters on the 6:00 news, etc. is to have regular conversations with them.  Family suppers together, 1-1 chit chat time, outings, etc.  You make sure that your children know that they can come to you with anything on their minds and that you will be supportive of them and help them.  I really feel reading a diary is an invasion of privacy.  Everyone is entitled to some level of privacy.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I was going to comment on today's repeats but I already forgot what they were. I guess they didn't rise to level of IRS witch,  Hey Jude, or somesuch. Oh, wait - it was the SSM of 5+1 and the used Saturn. Ho hum.

4 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Another point, always know who your kids are talking to online.   So many have run off to meet their online romance, and found out the person was dangerous, and a predator. 

Even if they aren't predators, parents still need to know what their children are doing online.

I just saw a show with an adorable 12-year-old boy found dead in his bedroom. He sat on his computer with his door shut, while he and friends played "the choking game". He passed out before he could get the belt from around his neck and by the time the parents found him he had died. Utterly tragic, but avoidable.

(edited)

Today's ridiculous rerun "Mangling a Motorcycle"

Case 1- A man who parked his motorcycle in a legal parking space, and defendant ran over the motorcycle with a 28 ft. truck.    Plaintiff didn't find out who did the hit and run until he looked at the security tape.    Defendant is a big jerk.  Doug doesn't get the point, the plaintiff parked his motorcycle in a legal spot at the company parking lot, and defendant ran over the motorcycle, and said nothing about it until plaintiff tracked him down. 

Plaintiff gets his $1313. 

Case 2-Plaintiff hired defendant to do landscaping work in his yard, paid $750, and then defendant took off.   However, defendant says plaintiff not only received the work he contracted for, but plaintiff tipped the worker, and then a couple of months later the plaintiff started demanding his money back. 

Plaintiff claims defendant dumped the rest of the chain link fence on the property across the street.   The property across the street is city property.    Plaintiff is advised if the chain link isn't picked up in a day or two, to contact city authorities about the dumping, and who did it. The real dispute is over stump grinding, whether that's included in the contract or not.  

Plaintiff gets $250 back.  

Brief Case 3-Plaintiff has five cars, took all to defendant's shop for radios, security systems, window tints, etc. and work was done 10 to 12 years ago.     The items are warrantied, but by the manufacturer.   Labor is only thing that defendant honors.    

Plaintiff loses. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3

I actually watched the 3rd rerun from November that I just skimmed last time, in which P, who owns 5 old cars, is suing Def for not honouring a lifetime warranty on some stuff he had installed 10 or 12 years ago. Def explains that he warrantys installation only and not the actual items, which P just could not understand no matter how many times or how many ways JM explained it to him. He continues to not understand it in the hall.

The only thing that I could think this time is that P is in desperate need of a supportive bra. His boobs are bigger than mine!

• LOL 3
(edited)

Today's rerun, "Tenant Tussle"

Case 1-Plaintiff tenant was told to move out of defendants' landlords'  house, everyone says the other side are disgusting, despicable, and horrible.    The landlords had cameras in the kitchen and other living spaces, and tenant says he didn't know they were live.    I think both sides are nut cases.  Tenant gets his security back, and I can't believe any other tenants could live with the landlords. 

Case 2-Plaintiff suing defendant for stealing an old decorative wagon wheel, and a million year old gas lantern.    Plaintiff owns the land, and defendant only has an easement for the road to and from his house.    Defendant is on camera stealing the plaintiff's video camera on the gate, and is also shown dumping stuff, and stealing things, and knocking the wall caps off.   

Defendant says the raid on his house by the Riverside PD SWAT team was only because his brother-in-law, or husband's brother-in-law had a domestic violence warrant on him. Plaintiff says it was actually drug related.   Defendant says they sent SWAT to arrest the brother-in-law or whoever he is, for smoking pot.    Note to defendant, they don't send the SWAT team in full gear, and an assault vehicle for either smoking a joint, or domestic violence warrants.  

However, defendant says plaintiff is in cahoots with the police, and talks to them a lot.   Plaintiff owns the entire property, defendant's inherited house has a road easement through plaintiff's property, and defendant only has an easement road to go to and from his own house.   

Plaintiff says defendant and family have been harassing him, and his family members since they moved in.   Defendant claims to own items that are on plaintiff's property.   Defendant refuses to show the survey he claims shows that plaintiff's fence is defendant's property, and other items.    Defendant claims the plaintiff's sister, and others who live on the plaintiff's property were trespassing on defendant's property.  Plaintiff actually built a house for a family member on his property, I guess the sister he's talking about.   

Plaintiff says defendant's "time overseas" was actually a long prison stretch.   

Judge Marilyn tells plaintiff to show videos showing defendant trespassing to the legal authorities.   Plaintiff gets $350 for his camera damage. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
25 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I think both sides are nut cases.

The P was just a kooky, slovenly nutcase. I despised the husband Def even more this time. Here he is acting all classy and high-end with his new floors and he's so protective of his wife and daughter, appalled they hear bad words. Yet for all his uppity ways, he moves an unknown, weird, middle-aged man he found on CL in with his wife and young daughter because between husband and wife they can't pay their bills without doing so. Gimme a break!

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

The P was just a kooky, slovenly nutcase. I despised the husband Def even more this time. Here he is acting all classy and high-end with his new floors and he's so protective of his wife and daughter, appalled they hear bad words. Yet for all his uppity ways, he moves an unknown, weird, middle-aged man he found on CL in with his wife and young daughter because between husband and wife they can't pay their bills without doing so. Gimme a break!

I must have missed these cases the first time around because they were new to me.

My advice for the Plaintiff in Case 1 is to MOVE!!  Defendant is sketchy at best and sinister at worst.  The harassment isn’t going to stop and will only escalate. If his husbands brother has warrants - your dealing with individuals to whom the law has no meaning.  On another note if you move your property won’t look like the entrance to a junkyard. 

Case Two.  Holy mother of Insanity. First of all, CraigsList.  Is there anything more to say?  Why would you choose someone to share your kitchen and family room from a website that is clearly a breeding ground for parasites, weirdos and pervs?  Perhaps it’s adequate to find a ten year old pop up camper for a two week vacation in the summer but to use it to bring a stranger in your home to help with expenses is absolutely insane.  Factor in your 20 year old daughter is also in the house and you really are asking for trouble  

Did I hear this right that the semi-toothed plaintiff blew his nose on a paper towel then used the same mucus soaked paper towel to wipe down the kitchen counter?

And while Mr. Landlords edict for ALL to remove their shoes because of the pristine wood flooring he might want to consider an edict to take out the trash and recycling   Did anyone else catch the pigsty corner with flowing trash and assorted sundry? 

Also, I really was hoping I could go through a week without tales of the Daughters   Alas, it was not meant to be…bikinis, pool, a drone, Mama Judge and a desire to BB shoot a gun at the drone  I didn’t sit around for the ending but if it had an interesting one please fill me in  I’m not expecting any replies by the way.

And one more thing…is it my imagination or is JJ’s hair looking much thicker than before? Either he changed shampoo or he’s wearing a rug  

(edited)
On 3/4/2022 at 6:37 PM, PsychoKlown said:

Factor in your 20 year old daughter is also in the house and you really are asking for trouble

The daughter was 12 years old. No problem letting this weirdo live with her. Hey, we need the money to get our bathroom re-tiled and a shower niche built! Priorities!

And while Mr. Landlords edict for ALL to remove their shoes because of the pristine wood flooring he might want to consider an edict to take out the trash and recycling

No one wears shoes in their house. NO ONE! EVER! Shoes are VERBOTEN! Now I'm hating him all over again. When guests arrive they're told, "Take your shoes off - no exceptions - and don't pay any attention to the strange kook in our kitchen, jogging and blowing loud and long raspberries at our cat. Don't put any items on our counter, since our kook smeared them with snot. Here are some ear plugs so you won't hear him screaming F-bombs. All set? Okay - welcome to our home."

Alas, it was not meant to be…bikinis, pool, a drone, Mama Judge and a desire to BB shoot a gun at the drone

I missed that the first time I saw this episode. Can you believe this? "Our precious, innocent, virginal daughters were in their bikinis and someone saw them!! Anyone gazing upon our pristine angels should be shot down!"

So what about when the darlings go to the beach? Is everyone else ordered to avert their gaze, or do the daughters wear shrouds?

"Even a cat may look at a king."

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

The daughter was 12 years old. No problem letting this weirdo live with her. Hey, we need the money to get our bathroom re-tiled and a shower niche built! Priorities!

12 years old!  You shouldn’t allow her around any strangers much less letting snot-spreading, humming, barking, doughy idiots. I was outraged when I thought  their daughter was twenty.

it’s tricky business finding a roommate when the individuals are sensible and sane. Fortunately for tv court shows there is an abundance of people who are selfish, slovenly, and stupid.  That’s why they’ll probably be doing TPC well into 2035.                                              

When is gifted first daughter finished with law school?  You just know that’s the plan.

(edited)

Rerun, "Raccoon Racket"

Case 1-Plaintiff rented a home from defendants, and claims she had a raccoon problem in the attic.    Plaintiff claims property manager didn't know how to trap raccoons, she claims he was mean to her.   However, the property manager claimed to have Covid, during the time plaintiff was trying to get him to get rid of the raccoons.   

The defendants said they would sent a trapper, but still wanted plaintiff to work with the property manager.     The new trapper failed, and then plaintiff hired another trapper who cleaned out the nest.   and then plaintiff was told that the babies were rescued.    The baby raccoons are being held by the plaintiff, I guess the fact raccoons are rabies vectors didn't cross her mind.   Defendants say the 'attic' space is actually a vaulted space, and not an open attic.   Plaintiff wants 50% of her rent back.  

The plaintiff is a minister, performed a ceremony, and the plaintiff moved into the bride's house the bride had been renting.    If plaintiff was so worried about exposure to feces and urine from raccoons, then why was she holding two baby raccoons?  

Plaintiff claims the house was unliveable (St. Augustine FL), but she wanted to extend her lease.   Defendants say plaintiff kept blocking the trapping efforts, and wanted the baby raccoons to play with.  

Plaintiff gets $50 she paid the trapper, and gets $600 incovenience fee, so $650.  Plaintiff says the judge was rude, and should have awarded her the $3300 she wanted. 

Case 2-Plaintiff bought kitchen cabinets from defendants, and wants his $600 back, because when plaintiff came to pick up the cabinets defendants wouldn't let him have them.   Defendant claims plaintiff was mean to her and her husband, and called police to remove him.

When plaintiff arrived, he wanted the appliances removed from the cabinet spaces.    Then the husband and wife got mad, said they weren't going to go through with the cabinet sale.  Plaintiff paid $600, and was going to pay the second $600 when he picked up the cabinets.  

I think defendant's husband was the aggressor.  Plaintiff gets his $600 back. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3

Defendant claims plaintiff was mean to her and her husband, and called police to remove him.

Darlene? Those ginormous glasses are kind of outdated, and that's coming from someone who has "basically" no knowledge of current trends and who "wears 10-year-old clothes" according to an ex-friend.

If you can't find a better reason for a deal going south, just use the old "racist" accusation. Someone would have to be really, really racist to refuse 1200$.

I think they were both jerks.

• Love 3
(edited)

Rerun "You Destroyed Our Friendship"

Case 1 another case of "it was a loan, no it was a gift", plaintiff gets her $800 back.

Case 2 is interesting.  Plaintiffs were buying defendant's house, then found out that the current school storage building next to defendant's property, used to be a school, is going to be a two-year project for 135 unit, five-story apartment building, plus parking, for teacher housing.   So, plaintiff's offer $20,000 less on the purchase price, defendant says no, and now plaintiffs want their inspection costs repaid, $5475 with punitive damages.    The current use of the property is a skate park, and other recreation activities, but it's actually run by a private enterprise, not the school district.   This was in San Francisco. 

Defendant says she is often traveling, and didn't see anything about the apartments.    Defendant also says the NIMBY plaintiffs wanted a lot less on the sale price because they claimed the building was for low-income housing, not teacher housing.   This has been in the works for years. 

After this, defendant put the possible building in the disclosure, and sold at full price, plus $80,000 more.   Cute fact is defendant is rarely home, she's an acrobat that performs at games and other events, and has scads of airline boarding passes to prove she travels a lot.    Unfortunately, no video of her performing.   Plaintiffs keep saying defendant lied to them, but there is no proof of lying.     

I have to tell plaintiff that proposing a building, and getting a building built is a multi-year project, if it ever happens.    I'm sure a big apartment building would need some kind of variance, all kinds of approvals from utility providers (sewer and water line will probably have to be changed at a huge expense, electric service upgrades, traffic studies, etc.).     

A local builder here wanted to do an upscale apartment complex, it took several years of planning, and hearings, and then it wasn't approved by the zoning commission.    Trying to build a low-income building in a rich area is an uphill battle. 

Sorry, plaintiffs wanted this for an investment property, and not to live there.   So, renters would have been putting up with the noise and construction mess.   Plaintiffs lose, and deserve to.   The plaintiffs should have taken the $3,000 reduction defendant offered, but defendant scored $80k more.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3

Today's bizarre case "Control Your Anger"

Case 1-Plaintiff says former neighbor (neighbor was evicted a night or so before the case was filmed), damaged his car to over $4,000+, because he was out of control.     Defendant claims the plaintiff was brought in to get rid of defendant by the landlord.    Defendant's parents rented the top flat, and five years ago, defendant moved into the basement apartment, and actually had a lease.     Defendant claims landlord wanted to get rid of plaintiff, and claims plaintiff blocked him in the driveway so he couldn't get to his eviction hearing, and then nefarious landlord got another judge who evicted defendant.     

Defendant is so out of control, can't stop interjecting his paranoid fantasies about plaintiff.    Defendent says he was maced by plaintiff for putting kitty litter on an oil spot.     Plaintiff says one evening the defendant was having his usual drug fueled party, and then threw rocks and dirt all over plaintiff's car, and then back kicked the plaintiff's car causing more damage.   The police didn't even arrest anyone.      Judge Marilyn claims the video shows plaintiff blocking defendant's car in the driveway, but I don't see that.   

Defendant claims he's kicking his own car.   If there was any doubt about defendant's actions, that certainly showed he's not rational. 

Plaintiff says defendant has two DUIs, and a suspended license, a few years ago.   

Plaintiff gets $900 for car damages.  Doug is really enjoying this interview snarking on the defendant.

(The Judges' question is if your husband, and boss have an affair can wife sue the other woman, Judge John says maybe, but it depends on the state.    It's alienation of affection, and at least one case resulted in a judgment for the wronged wife, I think that was in North Carolina.)

Case 2-Plaintiff Maryanne Toto, hired defendant to make custom drapes for her house, but they had to match her dining room chairs.   Defendant says she did the custom drapes, with the white lining, and installed them, then two months later plaintiff claimed the drapes didn't match, and she wants her money back.   Plaintiff says instead of white, the drape lining is cream, and looks awful.     

Plaintiff claims the white lining isn't, it's yellowish, and looks terrible.     However, I can see the curtain, lining, and chair, and they look white to me.   

Judge Marilyn claims defendant isn't a good business owner, and ignored the plaintiff, which is terrible customer service.    Judge Marilyn asks the defendant why she didn't replace all of the lining of the curtains?    That's ridiculous, that would mean taking every drape apart and replacing the lining on every drape, which is redoing the entire job.   

(Sarcasm) We now get to see the drape, and the back of the chair, in thrilling close-up. The chair, drape and lining look just alike to me.   I think it's also possible that the lining that was white, yellowed over time too.    So, Judge Marilyn says plaintiff has to get a white blackout backing and pay someone to replace it, so plaintiff loses. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2
46 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Plaintiff gets $900 for car damages.  Doug is really enjoying this interview snarking on the defendant.

How odd. I just mentioned kooky Hey Jude and the weaselly little shit-stirrer Philip and they magically appeared! I happily rewatched this. 😄

Toto and her Drapes of Wrong Colour: Nope.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 1

While listening to the Ricardo's tale of woe over their cabinets I couldn't help but think of this. I'm not knocking it. I whined that my new computer monitor is so big I have to turn my head from side to side to read stuff on it.

first world problems' popular meme is hot in real life.jpg

• LOL 4
17 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

While listening to the Ricardo's tale of woe over their cabinets I couldn't help but think of this. I'm not knocking it. I whined that my new computer monitor is so big I have to turn my head from side to side to read stuff on it.

first world problems' popular meme is hot in real life.jpg

Outstanding AngelaHunter.  Outstanding.

Quick question…I saw the double wide fridge complete with sock. Was that dude a SubZero?  If it is, that fridge is in the 15 to 20k range. 

I heard they have five kids.  Did anyone catch what else the husband does?  

And Jude. What a character! 

Edited by PsychoKlown
2 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

Quick question…I saw the double wide fridge complete with sock. Was that dude a SubZero?  If it is, that fridge is in the 15 to 20k range.

I don't know, but we're talking a 5-foot wide fridge. It's a commercial fridge, the kind that holds enough food to feed a restaurant full of diners. How much damn food do the Ricardos eat, even with the gaggle of kiddies? FIVE feet wide, people!! A fridge!

How do you even fill that up and then eat everything before it rots? Where do you get a fridge that size for the home that doesn't look industrial? I don't understand any of this. 🙁

ETA: JM seemed enthralled with it. Guess who went applicance shopping right after the show ended?

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2