Type keyword(s) to search

The People's Court - General Discussion

• Start Topic

32 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

(What a sad, sordid case). 

We're back to sickening shit again. Come back, Jen/Jan/Jane! A disagreement over 720$ for a trip naturally ends up in pushing, false imprisonment, punching, biting, and choking. Well, it does when you are violent and have less self-control than a wild animal. Kamir(?) says Ruth bit him first and it "hurted".  Ruth says yes, Kemir was violent before but he "just" pushed her down. He said he was sorry so it was all good with her. Do these women think that any violent acts against them will go away if they ignore or forgive it? It never occurs to them that it will escalate. Just get him in bed or get a ring on your finger and he will magically become Sir Walter Raleigh. 🙄 I wonder how many other assaults against women Kamir, whose beard looks like one of those old Etch a Sketch types, has under his belt. Oh, and he could have cancelled the trip and got his money back but he "don't know how to do that." Double 🙄🙄

I had a friend whose boyfriend pushed her down right on the street into some bushes. She married him. I cried at her wedding, but not with happiness. The big wedding did nothing to cure his explosive temper and jealousy. After a number of assaults, including a rape, she left him.

46 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Case 2-Plaintiffs claim they were hired to install security cameras at defendant's house, they installed the cameras, and were never paid

Dumb, Dumber, and Dumbest but I'm not sure who was who. They'll do the work and charge a 'reasonable price.' Client is positive they will charge him a 'fair price'. No price is ever mentioned and never mind contracts, receipts or anything at all in writing. As JM says it's "Did too! Did not!" and this from business people way past middle age. What's 'fair' - 200$, 600$, 3000$? Who knows?

Mr. Renaud's property resembles a junk yard and he needs all these security cameras to make sure no one steals his junk. I do get it. So many lowlifes would steal anything not nailed down, no matter how worthless it might be. He wouldn't be permitted to have this eyesore in my neighbourhood.

Annoying dumb case with annoying, dumb, loud litigants. Why JM was so patient with the yelling and eye rolls I have no idea.

• Love 4

1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

We're back to sickening shit again. 

Yes we are. 

Just get him in bed or get a ring on your finger and he will magically become Sir Walter Raleigh. 🙄 

Sir Walter Raleigh?  Well there’s a name from the past….lol

Mr. Renaud's property resembles a junk yard and he needs all these security cameras to make sure no one steals his junk. I do get it. So many lowlifes would steal anything not nailed down, no matter how worthless it might be. 

Did anyone catch where Mr. Renaud’s Sidewalk of Treasures is located?  I think I saw one of those electronic trash cans near a busted lawn chair and I’ve been wanting one of those for years.  If I know the location I could drop a few hints to MY Sir Walter Raleigh and maybe our anniversary that’s approaching fast would be filled with joy and a trash can that opens when you wave your hand over it.

Alas, I am only fooling myself.  If I want one of those magic trash cans I’ll have to wait for it to be a TSV on six Easy Pays.  This will only be our 32 year anniversary.  Something as grand as a magic trash can would be expected in the 40/50 year range. 

Annoying dumb case with annoying, dumb, loud litigants. Why JM was so patient with the yelling and eye rolls I have no idea.

She was getting a bit antsy with the head bopping and arms flailing but I agree that with the dummies on today she did restrain herself beautifully.

49 minutes ago, PsychoKlown said:

Did anyone catch where Mr. Renaud’s Sidewalk of Treasures is located?  

Google "Renaud Staten Island yard sale." Lots of interesting articles about the neighbors' opinions.  Words like "eyesore" abound.

• LOL 4
46 minutes ago, PsychoKlown said:

If I want one of those magic trash cans I’ll have to wait for it to be a TSV on six Easy Pays

Have you checked FingerHut? Only 21.99/month for the trash can of your dreams. Just make sure your payments aren't late. That 29.99% interest sure does add up. Or you can set up a "GoGimme" account.

Look at this beauty:

Here I was waiting breathlessly for your unique view on yesterday's "Baby Jane's House of Horrors" and got nada.:(

Fingerhut Search Results.png

Just now, AZChristian said:

Google "Renaud Staten Island yard sale." Lots of interesting articles about the neighbors' opinions.  Words like "eyesore" abound.

I have an affinity and great sympathy for Renaud's neighbours.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

I looked at the Youtube of his sale, and I can't believe he's allowed to do that.  I feel so sorry for the neighbors. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I looked at the Youtube of his sale, and I can't believe he's allowed to do that.  I feel so sorry for the neighbors. 

Link? I tried to look but got sidetracked by "How I Remodeled my Bathroom for 383$" instead. 😏

• LOL 2
53 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Here I was waiting breathlessly for your unique view on yesterday's "Baby Jane's House of Horrors" and got nada.:(

Okay.  Here’s the honest to Pete truth….

I was so intrigued by Baby Jane’s yammering about two (2) ounces of pasta that I actually  measured two (2) ounces of large elbow macaroni (they’re a must-have in my chili), placed it in a bowl and took a photo to post..

Well, for some reason it wouldn’t let me post the photo even though I tried hither and yon to figure out a way.  I’m still pondering the problem so maybe I’ll have a surprise for the group this weekend. Suffice it to say two (2) ounces of pasta is plenty.   Plenty!

image.thumb.jpeg.59dc424307bb04372e964a60de874ef1.jpeg

ETA:  My husband tried to post my photo but couldn’t so he found this picture.  Eh, doesn’t have the same punch as my photo but will suffice.  

Baby Jane’s sky blue eye shadow was a throwback to my high school years as I mentioned before.  And I have chocolate brown eyes so if you do the math you’ll figure out it’s a disaster.

I also had a whole paragraph on the boxes. You know how I zone in on the decor but now it all slipped my mind.

Fingerhut Search Results.png

I have an affinity and great sympathy for Renaud's neighbours.

Maybe.  But do the lucky bastards know a magic trash can is but mere feet away?

Also another ETA:  I showed my husband the magic trash can.  He said he doesn’t think we’ve been married long enough for such an extravagant piece of gift.  He also said it gives us something to look forward to in our old age and to encourage us to work towards a 50th anniversary.   

My Sir Walter Raleigh.

Edited by PsychoKlown
On 1/31/2022 at 8:32 PM, AngelaHunter said:

I don't know why JM didn't at least subtract the cost of the cleaning from the judgment.

I think they didn't mention that he didn't pay the fee. Or they said they waived it as a good faith gesture and she took that at face value.

• Useful 1
On 2/3/2022 at 4:53 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Sorry, but it's not right to penalize the plaintiff because he cheated on his teen girlfriend.  So for doing over $1,000 worth of damage, she gets away by paying $350.

He wasn't penalized for cheating. His agents accepted her $350 and called it even. Then he didn't do anything for a year meaning he acted as though it was fine. The defendant had no reason to think she owed anything more. If he had come back right away and said he wanted more, he probably would have gotten it, but to wait for a year and then spring it on her isn't fair and so he lost.

I don't understand why new GF's father suddenly decided to get involved and threaten the defendant, the new GF went whining to daddy for some reason. The defendant is well out of the relationship because the dude is NOT worth it.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

Suffice it to say two (2) ounces of pasta is plenty.   Plenty!

Awesome research! BUT - I must ask. As that a 2oz serving of cooked or uncooked pasta? Cooked, there would a definite reduction in the number of noodles, methinks?

Was Jan measuring and doling out the pasta to Jen before or after he cooked it?

*Oh god. If I ever get a life again I won't know what to do with it.*

And never mind ostentatious magic electronic trash cans. After all these years, this is the kind of thing that causes major excitement in this house, It is what it is:

castironsm.jpg

• LOL 3
10 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Awesome research! BUT - I must ask. As that a 2oz serving of cooked or uncooked pasta? Cooked, there would a definite reduction in the number of noodles, methinks?

Was Jan measuring and doling out the pasta to Jen before or after he cooked it?

*Oh god. If I ever get a life again I won't know what to do with it.*

And never mind ostentatious magic electronic trash cans. After all these years, this is the kind of thing that causes major excitement in this house, It is what it is:

castironsm.jpg

I enjoyed this. We purchased some Heat Traks mats for our front steps and walkway. With  yesterday’s ice storm we can’t pass by the front door without remarking how wonderful they are and how smart we were to make the purchase. 

Yes, we are morons but when anyone comes to the Moron’s front door they will not break an ankle or hip.  

RE:  Pasta Research

I think that cooked pasta will weigh more.  Fluffier I think.  I also think that’s why diets specify cooked or uncooked pasta because there is a difference. I’m betting Baby Jane saw pre-cooked (if she even saw it at all) and assumed Jan was starving Jen. 

Since we’re drenched in ice and not going anywhere (except to maybe stand on the heated mats outside our door) I will cook the two (2) ounces of pasta and report back (all while wearing a smearing of ink blue eyeshadow) jk 

Love a Saturday project. 

Edited by PsychoKlown
2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I woke up to find out that the microwave-safe teflon crisping pan we ordered yesterday is now scheduled to arrive THREE DAYS EARLY!!!!

The anticipation must be nearly unbearable. I'm sure you'll send pics of it to family and friends? That's what I do when something I order arrives, no matter how mundane. I made an announcement when I got a new handy-dandy clothespin holder.

1 hour ago, PsychoKlown said:

I will cook the two (2) ounces of pasta and report back (all while wearing a smearing of ink blue eyeshadow) jk 

You're my hero. Can't wait for the results. Yet, the question remains: Why was Jan monitoring Jen's food? Was he weighing it as well? Why would she have to steal Jane's food? That's what I wanted to know. JM always delves into the how and why of sordid sexual relationships, but she said nothing about this. Jan started to volunteer that Jen is very delicate and thin, or something but he never got to really explain his food restrictions of this grown woman.

• LOL 3
2 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

The anticipation must be nearly unbearable. I'm sure you'll send pics of it to family and friends? That's what I do when something I order arrives, no matter how mundane. I made an announcement when I got a new handy-dandy clothespin holder.

I almost did post pictures and a link last week when we found a cloth cover for hubby's full-face cPap mask.  Without the cover, his skin was breaking out and there was a lot of noise from air popping out from under the mask.  Since we got the covers, NOT A SOUND, and his skin looks much happier.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, rcc said:

Posters on fire today! If Baby Jane were to ever read all this she would be so happy that we are spending so much time on her life. Lol

I’m all in.

44 minutes ago, PsychoKlown said:

I’m all in.

Nice avatar. Still looks better than Levin!

I almost did post pictures and a link last week when we found a cloth cover for hubby's full-face cPap mask.

"Almost"? You really should. After all  there is a huge YT audience that will happily watch someone open a box. I bet you could get a ton of views and "likes", something to which we should all aspire.

I took a pic of a new lampshade I got at Walmart and sent it around. Every time I went upstairs, I'd pop in to the living room to admire it. ☺️

1 hour ago, rcc said:

If Baby Jane were to ever read all this she would be so happy that we are spending so much time on her life. Lol

I wonder. Other litigants who have made appearances here didn't seem particularly thrilled about the comments, well, except for Ms.Lyrical Lipzz but I think that may have been due to her not understanding them.

• LOL 3
7 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

"Almost"? You really should. After all  there is a huge YT audience that will happily watch someone open a box. I bet you could get a ton of views and "likes", something to which we should all aspire.

I took a pic of a new lampshade I got at Walmart and sent it around. Every time I went upstairs, I'd pop in to the living room to admire it. ☺️

I wonder. Other litigants who have made appearances here didn't seem particularly thrilled about the comments, well, except for Ms.Lyrical Lipzz but I think that may have been due to her not understanding them.

I think Baby Jane is a narcissist and would like the attention. But who knows! 

• LOL 2
14 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Maybe.  But I’m sure Levin rocks the blue eyeshadow.  

14 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

And this ladies and gentlemen is exactly why we keep coming back to this board even when the litigants are boring or just your run-of-the-mill janky masons.

And if you’ll excuse me…my water is a’boiling for my science project.

Publishing Results Of Pasta

Two (2) ounces of dry pasta changes to 4.25 ounces of cooked pasta 

Unfortunately picture would not transfer 

Baby Jane was really stretching her evidence with that claim. 

2 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

Two (2) ounces of dry pasta changes to 4.25 ounces of cooked pasta 

If Jan weighed the pasta after it was cooked, here is what 2oz of cooked spaghetti looks like. Did Jan get any sides with this, like garlic bread or salad? I think not.

I swear this is my last mention of Baby Jane and her bonkers boarding house! I have better things to do, like trying to scrape up vinyl tiles from basement bathroom.

pastadia Commons.png

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 2/5/2022 at 5:10 PM, AngelaHunter said:

If Jan weighed the pasta after it was cooked, here is what 2oz of cooked spaghetti looks like. Did Jan get any sides with this, like garlic bread or salad? I think not.

I swear this is my last mention of Baby Jane and her bonkers boarding house! I have better things to do, like trying to scrape up vinyl tiles from basement bathroom.

pastadia Commons.png

That looks about right. 

Add a few toppings, grilled chicken and maybe some marinara with mushrooms, salad, garlic bread (one slice) and a glass of Chianti and I think Jan presented Jen with a meal Baby Jane envied to the nth degree 

Okay. Done with pasta. 

Should we discuss the lighting situation with today’s defendant that highlighted his “problem skin”?  Or just talk about what a petulant jerk he appeared to be. Major concerns that he has the plaintiff’s address.   A real hothead.

Also, correction to Doug. He said Mr. Hothead left the courtroom.  No Doug.  He did not. He left the Hampton Inn. 

Sure hope the Hampton Inn got the money upfront.   Otherwise we might see another case with Mr. Hothead from a Days Inn 

Edited by PsychoKlown

"Exes' Dog Battle" 

Case 1-ex wife takes dog to vet, defendant agreed to pay when he had the money, dog put down, and because he doesn't remember promising to pay, or authorizing the vet visit,  or believes his own daughter's statement that she was there when he agreed to pay, he refuses to pay.   

The only funny thing in this sad case is the humane society said the dog was a Chihuahua mix, and would be max 20 lbs.   The dog was 97 lbs, and as the defendant says "the only Chihuahua in the dog is if he ate a Chihuahua".    Adult daughter throws daddy deadbeat under the bus. 

Case 2-She says he hit her car, he says he didn't and the police sided with him.   They can't even agree on which car defendant hit plaintiff's car with.    The plaintiff didn't call the police,, bad move on her part.    Plaintiff's car was obviously side-swiped, and by defendant.  Plaintiff wins.

Case 3-The plaintiff's shirt looks like a haircut cape.     After a background check, the plaintiff and friend were rejected for the apartment, because her friend had a past eviction.     So, landlord said the friend couldn't be on the lease as a tenant, and security deposit might have to be bigger, so plaintiff wanted out of the lease, and her deposit back.   

Plaintiff gets her $1900 deposit plus court costs back, because defendant wouldn't let her friend on the lease.   So, now the Judge says you can't flunk someone's credit and legal check on an apartment?    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Case 3-The plaintiff's shirt looks like a haircut cape.     After a background check, the plaintiff and friend were rejected for the apartment, because her friend had a past eviction.     So, landlord said the friend couldn't be on the lease as a tenant, and security deposit might have to be bigger, so plaintiff wanted out of the lease, and her deposit back.   

Plaintiff loses, deposit wasn't refundable. 

Plaintiff lost?  I thought she and her girlfriend won because the prospective landlord (according to JM) changed the terms of the contract 

I really need to get my hearing checked.  
That’s what I get for reading work files while TPC is on. 

2 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

Plaintiff lost?  I thought she and her girlfriend won because the prospective landlord (according to JM) changed the terms of the contract 

I really need to get my hearing checked.  
That’s what I get for reading work files while TPC is on. 

I had to change it, I already decided right before the end, and forgot that Judge Marilyn seems to be totally against landlords, and I was wrong about the decision.    Plaintiff did win her $1900 back, but not her ridiculously inflated damages. 

Sorry about that, I should have remembered landlords never win on this show. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
26 minutes ago, PsychoKlown said:

Add a few toppings, grilled chicken and maybe some marinara with mushrooms, salad, garlic bread (one slice) and a glass of Chianti

I sat down with my own pasta, two meatballs, grated Parmesan, garlic bread and a nice glass of Cabernet Sauvignon while thinking, "Better not be any &$%# dog cases!" sigh. I not only had to FF all the Levin BS, previews, summations, Plexiderm, news/weather flashes, and gutter guard commercials, but the entire first case. My pasta nearly got cold.

5 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

-She says he hit her car, he says he didn't and the police sided with him. 

Then we got this. Stupidly, I put my hearing aids in and I swear I couldn't lower the volume enough to avoid aggravation at the brainless Def's yelling his lies and nonsensical stupidities. P saw D's magnificent Caddy (what year? 1997?) and figured she'd take him for all she could get. Fool.

8 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

After a background check, the plaintiff and friend were rejected for the apartment, because her friend had a past eviction. 

I believe that was two evictions. I would not rent to someone who has no credit and double evictions. It was amusing when Def spoke of his team of lawyers and his advisors.

Also amusing was when, at the start of negotiations P asks D, "Is this a scam?" fully expecting him to be stupid enugh to admit, "Yes, it's a scam" if it was.  We demand honest scammers!

Compensation for pain and suffering she wants. As JM says, "What about MY pain and suffering (from listening to this crap from you idiots)?"

A bunch of malarkey.

8 minutes ago, PsychoKlown said:

Plaintiff lost?  I thought she and her girlfriend won

Yes, she got back the 1900$ plus court costs, but not the pain/suffering $$ she figured she'd tack on.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

"Exes' Dog Battle" 

Case 1-ex wife takes dog to vet, defendant agreed to pay when he had the money, dog put down, and because he doesn't remember promising to pay, or authorizing the vet visit,  or believes his own daughter's statement that she was there when he agreed to pay, he refuses to pay.   

The only funny thing in this sad case is the humane society said the dog was a Chihuahua mix, and would be max 20 lbs.   The dog was 97 lbs, and as the defendant says "the only Chihuahua in the dog is if he ate a Chihuahua".    Adult daughter throws daddy deadbeat under the bus. 

Case 2-She says he hit her car, he says he didn't and the police sided with him.   They can't even agree on which car defendant hit plaintiff's car with.    The plaintiff didn't call the police,, bad move on her part.    Plaintiff's car was obviously side-swiped, and by defendant.  Plaintiff wins.

Plaintiff gets her $1900 deposit plus court costs back, because defendant wouldn't let her friend on the lease.   So, now the Judge says you can't flunk someone's credit and legal check on an apartment?    

So he said "ate a Chihuahua". Lol I couldn't make out what he said.

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I think it was because he changed the written agreement orally, by calling P and telling her he now he wanted more money for something, beyond the sec. mentioned in the written document? Granted I was not listening raptly, but that's what I got.

• Love 2

The landlord wanted more security deposit, because only one person in the apartment would be on the lease, and responsible in case of damages, or unpaid rent.    Most of my rent applications said something about no return of deposit if you don't pass the background or credit check.   

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

The plaintiff in the "Bickering over Belongings" was an exhausting drama queen, whining over some tacky bottles that she glued some sequins and sparkles on.  She said that this crafty hobby is her "business", which is probably where she goes on Facebook offering those items for sale.  To each his own on what you find to spend your money on, but I really would find it hard to believe she makes a living from that mess. 

She's living for free with a BF, then the relationship stalls and he asks her to leave.  She leaves all of the supplies for her business, little bottles of sparkles and other doodads that she glues onto different items.  Now she's crying and wants $3K for this stuff she got at the local dollar store.  JM says not today/goodbye lady.

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 8

New episode "Bickering Over Belongings"

Case 1-Plaintiff was shacked up with defendant, they split and she moved out.   She left her hideously valuable collectible craft stuff behind, and eventually he got rid of it.  She claims the crafts were a valuable business, and we should pay her for her junk. 

Defendant says he kept asking plaintiff to pick up her bottles with glitter on them, never picked them up, and tossed them.  Unless I missed it, they didn't show the glittery bottles, I could certainly have missed it though.  

Judge Marilyn rules for the defendant, so plaintiff doesn't get $3,000 for bottles and glitter she abandoned.

Case 2-Plaintiff is suing her brother and niece, for $4100 for a family funeral plot.    Defendants say plaintiff gave her the plot over 10 years ago, and it was a gift.   

Plaintiff says her late mother left more to her, than to her brother (the defendant) and her sister, and there was a law suit, and they haven't talked for 15 years.   PLaintiff claims she won the lawsuit. 

Plaintiff claims niece claimed one of the eight gravesites, and niece claims she has a notarized document from plaintiff giving her the one gravesite, and then brother claims he has a notarized document from plaintiff too, with the second gravesite.   

Plaintiff loses.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4

I think patty1h nailed the plaintiff pretty well. She was a complete harridan, and glossed over the established fact that she left her crap in the defendant's home for months. She gets no sympathy from me.

I was more interested in the disputed burial plot case later on. It was another dysfunctional family mess, annoying old biddy screeching about how her brother and his daughter (her niece if I followed it all) forged her signature to steal a burial plot from her that she never (NEVER!) gave to her niece (later sort of admitted that she may have done it but required that the niece use the plot not sell it. The plaintiff came across to me as a cranky, spiteful somewhat paranoid old bat. I felt sorry for her brother and the niece. YMMV.

• Love 7

I am exhausted from watching the endless stupidity we got today.

Bug-eyed single mom, allowed by JM to ramble on and on and on, was suing for her dollar-store glitter ("It's my business!") she left when b/f booted her mooching  ass- of course she never paid a cent in rent - out. He pays the bills and she stays out all night. Heh. We saw no crocodile tears for the dead sister, the dead son, etc, but they came trickling out over tacky glitter worth 3,000$. The tears were carefully wiped so as not to inflict self-injury with the talons or make the massive fake lashes fall off. The wild wig was... quite something. Now she lives with her baby daddy's mom who is "out of her mind." I feel sorry for Mom. I feel sorry for the daughter too.

Next!

This vicious, malignant harridan and her screaming,"These people are not reputable! You should know that!!" at JM and the niece being allowed to start with, "Let's go back 40 years ago to when I was 12 years old." and being permitted to carry on with this misty, water-coloured trip down Memory Lane and her brother was 14 and they were playing Atari and that will show you how long ago this was and auntie expected them to rise and salute at her entrance, and yadda yadda/whine whine had me again hitting the FF button. 😵

Niece? When a family member sends you a nasty email, that is not libel for which you should expect a lottery haul of 5K. All this - including "explicatives" - over a funeral plot.

God, what a bunch. And here I thought I had no life.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I am exhausted from watching the endless stupidity we got today.

This is how I sometimes feel at the end of the day.  

Bug-eyed single mom, allowed by JM to ramble on and on and on, was suing for her dollar-store glitter ("It's my business!")

She did not win the bonanza for glitter but there is one consolation she can have - that glitter glop (no matter how much you try) will never, ever leave that apartment.  HAZMAT could do a full cleaning and there will still be some of that stuff lurking around.  Like ashes thrown in the wind at a funeral.  It’s always with you.  

All this - including "explicatives" - over a funeral plot.

I’ve got nothing for this.

God, what a bunch. And here I thought I had no life.

Take into account though that there are people who thrive on this kind of family conflict.  It’s a great time waster…phone calls, texts, rehashing things that happened forty years ago…it keeps their juices flowing and they love it.

Edited by PsychoKlown

Correct me if I’m wrong but did I just see a litigant who was suing the defendant because her pit bull escaped from her house and she thought the defendant should have not hit the pit bull while (according to her) it was “sitting” in the middle of the street waiting for her son to go and get it? (Liar)

Did I just see that?

And, please don’t be jealous but I suspect Doug read my comment that yesterday’s litigant did not leave the courtroom - he left the Hampton Inn because today Doug said the plaintiff left the courtroom, then added such as it is.

Maybe next time Doug will give a shoutout to PsychoKlown!  

New episode "Being Nasty to a Niece" 

Case 1-Plaintiff niece claims she loaned aunt /defendant  $1,800 to buy furniture, and aunt refuses to pay her back.   Defendant says she told plaintiff to take photos of the furniture, but niece bought the furniture.  Then, defendant claims she found furniture she liked better and it was cheaper, and she never wanted plaintiff to buy the furniture, and owes her nothing.  

Levin says how sad it is when family members sue each other, but he absolutely loves it.  The furniture seller testifies, but she can barely open her eyes.  She has the biggest, and heaviest looking fake eyelashes I've seen in a long time.  

Plaintiff gets her $1800, and defendant has a week to pick up the furniture, she now owns it.  Or it will be considered abandoned.    I have to laugh at defendant hearing Doug say she has to pay the $1800 to her niece, but we all know the show pays it. 

Case 2- Plaintiff says her disabled son accidentally let her Pit Bull out of the house, and is suing defendant for hitting the dog that was in the street, and fleeing the scene.   Dog was in the middle of the road.  Plaintiff wants vet bills, and defendant says dog hit his car.   

Levin dubbed this case "The dog who booked it". 

My view, dog was in the road, off leash, and if defendant had any car damages, plaintiff should be paying defendant.  I've heard of cases where a dog runs loose in the road, and dog owner is responsible for car damages to the driver, and owner has to pay the vet bills. 

Dog is an American Bully (yes, a Pit Bull).    11-year-old son let dog in back yard with their other dog.   Plaintiff and older son had already opened the fence gate, and dog got out.   Plaintiff says dog gets out every month, and runs in the street, but they're out with the dog.     

Dog got out, was in the street.     17 year-old son claims he went after the dog, and tried to flag drivers down, but defendant hit the dog anyway.   Defendant wasn't speeding, and claims dog was off leash, runs into the street, defendant claims he stopped when he saw the dog, and claims dog ran into defendant's car.  Plaintiff wasn't even out front to see the incident, and claims her dog was sitting in the street, and defendant hit dog deliberately.  

Plaintiff case dismissed, and she has to pay her own bills.    Plaintiff stomps off after losing.    Dog gets loose at least once a month, that translates to me that dog is loose a lot. 

Case 3-PLaintiff bought furniture from defendant's store, and wanted to return it two days later.  Plaintiff want's $550 back, but furniture was half price, discontinued floor samples,  and defendants say no refunds on clearance and discontinued merchandise.    Plaintiff tried to dispute through the credit card company, and they told him no refunds also.    Then, plaintiff says the defendant wife said they would take the furniture back and try to sell it for him.   This happened in 2018, and sofas are in storage at the defendant's warehouse.   

This furniture purchase was actually in 2018.  (Where is plaintiff calling in from the set of "Romper Room").    Receipt shows in big letters "No Refunds".   Defendant says they only take back full price furniture, still in original packaging, with a 25% restocking fee.   

Plaintiff taped defendant wife without permission, illegal in California.   Plaintiff has a week to pick up the sofas, or they will be considered abandoned.   Defendants win. 

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

New episode "Being Nasty to a Niece" 

More delightful tales of relatives shafting each other. The only point of interest were Ms.Sneed's eyelashes, which where of such a massive size I feared they might actually take flight from her eyelids and starting flapping around the room.

13 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Levin says how sad it is when family members sue each other, but he absolutely loves it.

Yeah, like bottom-feeding Levin wouldn't sue his own 200-year-old granny for five bucks.

I skipped the "!PIT BULL!!" story so don't know if it was doing something terrible as it sat in the road. My former neighbours (thankfully they have moved) sent their little daughters out to walk their huge, untrained Labrador. Of course they couldn't hold on to her. At least three times as I drove home the Lab was running back and forth across the street bugging the neighours and bowled over someone's little old Westie. I nearly hit her one time when she dashed out on the road. I would have felt terrible had I done so. It wasn't her fault her owners are dumdums. She also came charging over when I was walking my elderly dog, who did not like untrained, ill-mannered dogs approaching her, and also came galloping on my property before I got a fence and chased my 18-year-old cat, terrorizing him. What a nuisance. If you can't control your dog, keep it on a damned leash and don't put children in charge of it!

Mr. Padilla - who has no idea it's illegal to tape someone without their consent -  with his 500$ sofas and ottoman who was too busy in the last 3 or 4 years to fight to get his money back because he changed his mind? Boring.

• Love 4

After the past few episodes (mindful of sweeps month), I am reminded of the saying scraping the bottom of the barrel.

And what nitwit came up with the trend of eyelashes so exaggerated that it brings to mind Elsie-the-Cow.  For all you youngsters feel free to look it up on the interweb 

Ms. Sneed was hoping for a shot at a reality series but in reality looked ridiculous. 

To date…very disappointing cases. 

Oh boy, I hated Miss 150 pieces of dry cleaning that she left at the cleaners for two years. It was perfectly clear to me that she was lying about almost everything, and I can't believe that JM let her get away with constantly talking over the judge. I have no doubt that she deliberately left the clothes originally to get free storage, and when she didn't need the clothes later because she wasn't working, she just left them so she could claim $5000 in bonanza so she could trade in old clothes for brand new clothes. Dishonest lying piece crap person, sad.

• Love 7

New episode "Stiffing an Ex"

Case 1-Plaintiff claims ex boyfriend was loaned $3,000, but refuses to pay her back.   Plaintiff claims she's actually out $3900, to fix up defendant's truck, but the statutory maximum in her state is $3,000.      The loans were in 2017.     Defendant never paid her back a penny, so she had no expectation of repayment.  

Plaintiff claims the money was to fix up a truck, and sell it for a profit.   Unfortunately, defendant did say in text he owed her the money.   

Plaintiff gets $3,000.  

Case 2-Plaintiff left 156 pieces of clothing at defendant's dry cleaning shop (combined with a coin and drop off laundry), never picked them up, and after two years defendant told her to pick them up, and then he donated them.  There were two batches of clothes, some left in December 2019, and February 2020, and never picked up. This is not how you get free storage from the dry cleaner. Levin calls this case "The Naked Truth".   

Defendant says his dry cleaning and laundry never closed for Covid, and it says on the receipt that he's only responsible for items for 30 days after they're brought in for cleaning.   After a year, everyone who left stuff behind was called and told that if you don't pick up your stuff, we're donating it.    

The best part of this ridiculous case is plaintiff is a school principal.  

Plaintiff loses, and defendant gets his dry cleaning fees, $94.   

(Apparently this case happened in Baltimore.   I saw the giant picture posted of Ms. Pugh, but I didn't see here on the charter school website.    I wonder if the school is where she left her job at? ) 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, DoctorK said:

Oh boy, I hated Miss 150 pieces of dry cleaning that she left at the cleaners for two years.

Excuse me, but that was 156 pieces of clothing she left in two batches. She counted each item in each batch before she dumped them on Def and left them there for nearly three years. It seems she hasn't missed any of them in all this time. She just knows they are worth exactly 5,000$.

I know I'm no fashionista, but I'm really not sure I've owned that many items of clothing in the last 25 years. This lying, entitled, motor-mouthed school principal(!) is like, "I was like... and he was like..." (just the kind of person you want influencing your kids) had a nasty, tacky wig with tendrils that kept dangling in her face. She had surgery! She's a single mother! (yeah, what else is new?) She's alone! She has no one to help her. Oh, her daughter, yes, but I guess she doesn't count. She had a very close relationship with the cleaner and he should keep storing her rags until she feels like picking them up! I couldn't believe JM didn't yell at her to SHUT up! Douglas smirks at this transparent money-grubbing.

43 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

-Plaintiff claims ex boyfriend was loaned $3,000, but refuses to pay her back. 

Okay, Alicia is no MENSA member but seems to do reasonably well and is attractive. She thought Robert - pudgy, whiny, broke-ass idiot and man-child - was worth her putting 3,900$ on her credit cards @26% interest and giving him the money. She's a single mother but buying the precious, elusive love of Robert the blob took precedence over providing for her kids.

Again, I'm amazed at how JM allowed him to launch into a heart-rending, autobiographical, boring-as-hell monologue of his trials and tribulations. He couldn't start his new life because his Grammy was ill! He can't support himself, so he bunks with Auntie and Uncle. They have house rules and he must abide, so when Alicia got drunk and got in a fight with Auntie, she was banned from the household. Funny how Alicia's drinking didn't bother Robert when he was taking her money. Robert wants to bring up any bit of dirt he can about the idiotic Alicia, the person who gave him money for bills and Xmas prezzies he couldn't afford on his own. 

Robert is a lying lowlife who admits he just agreed in texts to pay Alicia back so she would shut up and eventually go away. He concludes in the hall that Alicia is just jealous because Robert found another woman so desperate she'd settle even for him, and he managed the incredible feat of knocking her up. Well, hell - I'd be jealous too if Robert slipped out of my grasp.

1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Levin calls this case "The Naked Truth". 

Oh, I forgot - Fuck you, Levin.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Excuse me, but that was 156 pieces of clothing she left in two batches. She counted each item in each batch before she dumped them on Def and left them there for nearly three years. It seems she hasn't missed any of them in all this time. She just knows they are worth exactly 5,000$.

I know I'm no fashionista, but I'm really not sure I've owned that many items of clothing in the last 25 years. This lying, entitled, motor-mouthed school principal(!) is like, "I was like... and he was like..." (just the kind of person you want influencing your kids) had a nasty, tacky wig with tendrils that kept dangling in her face. She had surgery! She's a single mother! (yeah, what else is new?) She's alone! She has no one to help her. Oh, her daughter, yes, but I guess she doesn't count. She had a very close relationship with the cleaner and he should keep storing her rags until she feels like picking them up! I couldn't believe JM didn't yell at her to SHUT up! Douglas smirks at this transparent money-grubbing.

Okay, Alicia is no MENSA member but seems to do reasonably well and is attractive. She thought Robert - pudgy, whiny, broke-ass idiot and man-child - was worth her putting 3,900$ on her credit cards @26% interest and giving him the money. She's a single mother but buying the precious, elusive love of Robert the blob took precedence over providing for her kids.

Again, I'm amazed at how JM allowed him to launch into a heart-rending, autobiographical, boring-as-hell monologue of his trials and tribulations. He couldn't start his new life because his Grammy was ill! He can't support himself, so he bunks with Auntie and Uncle. They have house rules and he must abide, so when Alicia got drunk and got in a fight with Auntie, she was banned from the household. Funny how Alicia's drinking didn't bother Robert when he was taking her money. Robert wants to bring up any bit of dirt he can about the idiotic Alicia, the person who gave him money for bills and Xmas prezzies he couldn't afford on his own. 

Robert is a lying lowlife who admits he just agreed in texts to pay Alicia back so she would shut up and eventually go away. He concludes in the hall that Alicia is just jealous because Robert found another woman so desperate she'd settle even for him, and he managed the incredible feat of knocking her up. Well, hell - I'd be jealous too if Robert slipped out of my grasp.

Oh, I forgot - Fuck you, Levin.

Very good description of the bearded defendant. What a loser! WTH did she see in him.

• Love 3

I can't help myself.  When a litigant is totally ridiculous AND also provides their full name, my Googlemeter starts running.

Ms. Pugh appears to be the founder ("principal") of an organization she founded as an LLC.  There is nothing I can find on the internet about the organization, so it can't be very effective, IMO.

Oh, and there's that pesky lawsuit that Citibank filed against her.

• Useful 5

Ms. Pugh appears to be the founder ("principal") of an organization she founded as an LLC.  There is nothing I can find on the internet about the organization, so it can't be very effective, IMO.

She seems to be involved with some school. The home page of the site is an 11"x14" picture of her face.

https://kippbaltimore.org/about/our-leadership/samantha-pugh/

Anyway if what she was wearing today is an example of her lost wardrobe she's better off without it.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Excuse me, but that was 156 pieces of clothing she left in two batches.

Alas, I hang my head in shame. (Not really, I think both JM and the dry cleaner expressed skepticism about the number of items claimed).

12 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

is like, "I was like... and he was like..." (just the kind of person you want influencing your kids)

Another point that I noticed was that she did not seem to have any speech impediment (like I suffered through as a kid) but seemed to believe that "february" has a pair of W's in it and no R's, not a good thing when influencing children; Some of the women we see (and hear) think that doing baby talk when they are forty years is still cute and endearing.

• Love 2