Type keyword(s) to search

The People's Court - General Discussion

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, rcc said:

Thanks.

And here's the "Shitty (not "lazy" although that applies as well) IT guy who charged plaintiff 113$ for work on his computer, but couldn't finish it because his computer is too slow and his wife called him for dinner and she's the boss. It may also have had something to do with the fact that JM had to inform this IT guy on there's a difference between "upload" and "download".

Two-thirds of the way down:

https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/6835-the-peoples-court/page/48/?tab=comments#comment-2610362

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

And here's the "Shitty (not "lazy" although that applies as well) IT guy who charged plaintiff 113$ for work on his computer, but couldn't finish it because his computer is too slow and his wife called him for dinner and she's the boss. It may also have had something to do with the fact that JM had to inform this IT guy on there's a difference between "upload" and "download".

Two-thirds of the way down:

https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/6835-the-peoples-court/page/48/?tab=comments#comment-2610362

Thanks again. Interesting that they edit a lot. I knew they must with some of these litigants, for example the ungrateful brat.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I recall that happening twice. The one I remember best was on the JJ forum, where "Lyrical Lipzz" made an appearance to relate how JJ and the "managers" are a bunch of "Janky masons".

What’s a Janky Mason?

I first read it as Jacky Mason and thought maybe she meant they were really bad Borscht Belt comedians.  

And you just know after I get the definition I’m going to slip it in a conversation.  

Please disregard the question above.  I did a bit of sleuthing and found a (hilarious) discussion about Janky Mason.

Still don’t know what it is but apparently I am not alone in that regard.  And I’m going to wedge it into many conversations this holiday season just so I can look intelligent.  

Edited by PsychoKlown

janky(unknown)

Janky is a slang term for something run down, of poor quality, or unreliable. It can also be used for someone considered undesirable in some way.

Today's cases "Dessert Disaster"

Case 1-Plaintiff is suing for $950 she paid defendant to do an elaborate dessert table for her grandbaby's first birthday party.   Plaintiff grandma hired defendant, showed her pictures of what she wanted, discussed costs, decorating ideas.  The picture plaintiff sent defendant two months before the party is a hideous mermaid theme, complete with a balloon mermaid tail, and back drop curtains.  Defendant says the backdrop of balloons, and curtains, was a 44 piece set.     Poor Bailiff Doug is about to start laughing in court.    As Judge Marilyn says, no one thought of buying savings bonds or investing for the baby's future instead of spending almost $1000 on a treat table. 

Plaintiff says the actual table had a cloth table cloth, some Oreo cookies, and a few plastic fish decorations, and mentions no one in her family likes Oreos, or has teeth to eat them anyway. The balloons didn't have any sparkle.  Some store generic cupcakes. popcorn.  The table had cake pops, cotton candy in containers.   ( I bet Nabisco would be glad to pay $1000 to plaintiff for her not to mention Oreos on the show).

Plaintiff wanted candy apples, Rice Krispie Treats, and they were missing.  Plaintiff also blames the defendant because it was a hot day, and cakes and other items didn't hold up to the heat.  Doing this outside in the heat was on plaintiff, not the party planner. 

Plaintiff gets $250 more, and already had $150 refunded by defendant. 

Case 2-Plaintiff landlord wants $1300 from former tenants after he had to replace the hardwood floors in the rental house from defendants ruining them.    Plaintiff claims on walk through he noticed 9 gashes in the moldings, but didn't look that closely at the floors.     The entire purpose of a walk through is to look at the damages, and document them. Plaintiff claims there were floor damages, and molding.   

Plaintiff paid $2257 to defendants of the security deposit, and two days later plaintiff said he wanted $1300 for the floor damages.   Defendant had already paid by the security deposit for closet doors with broken tracks, and other damages.    Plaintiff can't prove when the damages happened, since it was after the walk through date, and plaintiff settled for $200, which defendant sent him on Zelle.  I would bet the floor scratches were from defendant's desk chair wheels, and maybe more scratches from movers, but no proof.     I really don't understand the discussions of defendant's daughter's condition?   

The constant mentions by plaintiff about thinking the defendants were good Christians was so offensive.    WHy is my guess that someone who is not a 'good Christian' should not bother applying to rent anything from plaintiff?   So much for the Fair Housing Act. 

So plaintiff case dismissed. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Today's cases "Dessert Disaster"

Finally, JM explodes in a most impressive rant over all these people spending every dime they have - or don't have - to creatd THE social event of the decade and outdo everyone else. This desire resulted in 950$ being spent for one table for a one-year-old's birthday. We know the baby couldn't enjoy or appreciate how much money was spent, nor could any other kids there, so it must be for the other adults, all trying to one-up each other, I guess.

JM's rant was the only worthwhile part of this and I had a feeling it was a long time coming. Why no - of course Grandma, aunts, uncles, parents, whatever would never dream of putting away what must have added up to thousands of dollars for the child's future. Nope. Gotta show off in a material way that will engender envy  in everyone else. Personalized popcorn!

I thought Grandma had a big spider on her ceiling or something, since she spent most of the case with her eyes rolled so far up I thought they might actually end up in the back of her head. Oh, but this infant's b-day was just so stressful for her - the stress! -  so I feel her pain that HER table couldn't put everyone else's tables to shame. Def has her mommy advising her and running the show, and Mommy decided the candy apples were a no-go, without telling P. Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly, but didn't P say "no one had teeth" at this extravaganza and couldn't eat the Oreos? So why candy apples that no one could eat? Those things are difficult enough to eat even if one has teeth. Points given for saying "Texts" instead of texes.

18 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Case 2-Plaintiff landlord wants $1300 from former tenants

Oh, my. Disappointment and heartache after super-dumbbell landlord finds out Defs aren't as Christian as he thought they were. God will NOT bless them for scratching the floors and not paying for them, in this, his "beloved" condo. Is his God really so petty he curses people for scratching a floor?

Yes, P did a walk-through before D's left, but he just raced through the place, not looking at anything and didn't see or bother to notice any damages. Two days later he gets on his hands and knees and sees all the 'gashes' (how does one put a bunch of gashes in baseboards, anyway? I've lived in my home 27 years and no gashed baseboards) Now he thinks he deserves 500$, or 1500$ or maybe 4500$ to redo all the floors. Who knows what happened there between the time the Ds left and landlord starting wailing about damages? Were there workers in there? Maybe.

Landlords: If you want to let strangers live in your beloved dwelling, don't be shocked that they don't treat it with the tender loving care you would.

In the hall P says he hopes no one else will rent to these horrible, un-Christian people. They bought their own home, which looks lovely, so I don't think that is their worry. He requested and accepted 200$, so live with it. Maybe next time you can find tenants even more Christian than these ones.

• Love 5

So with today’s ruling the case of the Missing Candy Apples can we say the defendant is a Janky party planner?

The one thing that is preying on my mind is that the plaintiff did not appear to be dripping in wealth (i.e., I did not see a wooden wine bottle hanging on the wall) so why in fresh hell did she spend so much for a toothless grandchild’s one year birthday party?  I don’t understand this.  

I’ve said this before - I barely remember any of my birthday parties because they weren’t anything special.  I got cake, ice cream and some sensible presents but nothing like the magical experiences that are planned today.  

Imagine if nana took that money and bought a CD for that grandchild.  It would be a nice present for her when she turned 18.  She could get a decent car or pay a portion of tuition.

And candy apples?  Jesus.  My teeth hurt just thinking about it. 

3 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

The one thing that is preying on my mind is that the plaintiff did not appear to be dripping in wealth (i.e., I did not see a wooden wine bottle hanging on the wall) so why in fresh hell did she spend so much for a toothless grandchild’s one year birthday party?  I don’t understand this.  

That's easy. That table was 100% about beating out her DIL (the one who's actual child was the super-premie in qyestion) and had nothing to do about the kid. Fucking ridiculous and I wouldn't give her damn thing (but I'm a petty bitch). And those Oreos looked amazing and I'm not an Oreo person either.

Edited by callie lee 29
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, PsychoKlown said:

The one thing that is preying on my mind is that the plaintiff did not appear to be dripping in wealth (i.e., I did not see a wooden wine bottle hanging on the wall) so why in fresh hell did she spend so much for a toothless grandchild’s one year birthday party?

This is a question we often ask when we see someone who stiffs the landlord because she needs to spend the money on her kid's high school "hotel" grad party complete with limousine, or borrows money from someone when they're broke already, but the show must go on in a way that will have everyone talking and green with envy.  It's not for the kids. So that's "why" - priorities! So many people spend more on birthday parties than I spent on my wedding.

8 minutes ago, PsychoKlown said:

And candy apples?  Jesus.  My teeth hurt just thinking about it.

I used to love those when I was a kid - the hard red candy covering the apple. I'm really amazed I kept all my teeth. I think the caramel apples may have been even worse.

• Love 5

Stunning observations from today’s case:

Married couple with children.

Residence was absolutely spotless.

Calm demeanor of married couple - i.e., no foul language, no past history of bailment, prison sentence, restraining order or one of the couple having sex with the other’s sibling.

Exemplary hygiene.

No visible tattoos.

No unnecessary piercings or gauges.

Teeth.  And here’s a kick in the head - all teeth were white.

I am going to go buy a lottery ticket.  Something tells me my luck is turning.  

ETA:  And look what I just found….Hoop Tea.  The drink of TPC movers and shakers.  

5A099862-6733-42EE-93DB-2DDE38932608.jpeg

Edited by PsychoKlown

How I enjoyed the first case. It really picked up my spirits on this gray, ugly November day.

Is this the most laughable, nerviest lottery grab we've seen lately, or maybe ever?

Daryl is suing the tow company for smashing his retaining wall when they came to tow away his "hoop-tea". Oh, and knocking over his hazard cone. At first I thought I understood. Retaining walls are very expensive to put up and repair.

Daryl comes home and sees his retaining wall all "plopped up" and the cone lying on its side. He contacts the tow company's insurance carrier. They get back to him in writing. JM wants to see that. Gee, Daryl doesn't have that in front of him. However he assures JM he has a video of these negligent tow guys plopping up his beloved wall.

JM really wants to see THAT, but wouldn't you know? It's upstairs on Daryl's laptop and he just couldn't be bothered getting it. Just trust him - it's all on video. JM declines to take his word for it. He contacts the tow company about 6 weeks later and wants money.

The very, very bestest part is when we see this retaining wall damage: (for anyone who hasn't seen this ep). Yes, Daryl's Wall destruction is a single, ancient, tiny paver lining his yard, a 4'x5' patch of weeds and dirt. He has a pic of the poor cone lying on its side, but says he did manage to fix it himself, by putting it back upright.😄😆🤣

He also wants lost wages. I guess maybe he was so distraught over this massive damage he simply couldn't do either of his jobs.

Not so funny was when he accused the tow owner (a woman) of "prejudice" for not shelling out 1467$ for his damages, but I guess he was too upset to talk about that in detail. Instead he says it  must be a "lady" thing for sure. If the tow owner wasn't such a racist feminazi he would have been paid. Thank you, Daryl, for the best laugh I had in quite a few days.

Then we had Judge John saying that JM is like Tony Soprano. That was very good too.

ETA: I should have been more specific:

wall2552.jpg

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

How I enjoyed the first case. It really picked up my spirits on this gray, ugly November day.

Is this the most laughable, nerviest lottery grab we've seen lately, or maybe ever?

Daryl is suing the tow company for smashing his retaining wall when they came to tow away his "hoop-tea". Oh, and knocking over his hazard cone. At first I thought I understood. Retaining walls are very expensive to put up and repair.

Daryl comes home and sees his retaining wall all "plopped up" and the cone lying on its side. He contacts the tow company's insurance carrier. They get back to him in writing. JM wants to see that. Gee, Daryl doesn't have that in front of him. However he assures JM he has a video of these negligent tow guys plopping up his beloved wall.

JM really wants to see THAT, but wouldn't you know? It's upstairs on Daryl's laptop and he just couldn't be bothered getting it. Just trust him - it's all on video. JM declines to take his word for it. He contacts the tow company about 6 weeks later and wants money.

The very, very bestest part is when we see this retaining wall damage: (for anyone who hasn't seen this ep). Yes, Daryl's Wall destruction is a single, ancient, tiny paver lining his yard, a 4'x5' patch of weeds and dirt. He has a pic of the poor cone lying on its side, but says he did manage to fix it himself, by putting it back upright.😄😆🤣

He also wants lost wages. I guess maybe he was so distraught over this massive damage he simply couldn't do either of his jobs.

Not so funny was when he accused the tow owner (a woman) of "prejudice" for not shelling out 1467$ for his damages, but I guess he was too upset to talk about that in detail. Instead he says it  must be a "lady" thing for sure. If the tow owner wasn't such a racist feminazi he would have been paid. Thank you, Daryl, for the best laugh I had in quite a few days.

Then we had Judge John saying that JM is like Tony Soprano. That was very good too.

ETA: I should have been more specific:

wall2552.jpg

Devastating.  

"Unhappy Customer"

Case 1-Plaintiff did an audit for the condo board, the defendant refuses to pay for the audit on Chestnut Mews Condominium.     The defendant claims the signed contract isn't valid, besides they're a small group, and can't afford it.   

Former condo board president testifies that they did hire the plaintiff.   The defendant claims since condo president sold his condo after the vote and contract signing, that the contract isn't valid.   (Personally, where I live there have been so many financial and criminal issues with HOAs where I live, I think they should all be audited).

Plaintiff wins and gets paid.     

Case 2-Woman wanted to have an all-class reunion from a high school that is long gone, the entire school system (Inkster) is long gone.   Plaintiff was told her $275 deposit was non-refundable, for custom sneakers.   Order was placed on 1 April.        Plaintiff decided on a specific picture, and it never arrived.   Contract says 1-20 weeks delivery. 

Plaintiff gets her $275 back.   (I'm really suspecting some of these cases are just for the TV time, and fees, but really aren't real cases).

Case 3-Plaintiff parks on curb by church every day, his car was victim of a hit-and-run, and he's suing the church, represented by the minister, for car damages.   Plaintiff also uses his father's handicap hang tag to park there, and claims his father goes with him every day when he parks at the church.  I absolutely hate it when someone uses a relative's legitimate handicapped parking privileges when the person isn't with them. Minister says CCTV only keeps footage for two months, so it's way past that time.     Where plaintiff parked is a public street, so church isn't responsible. 

Defendant wins. 

(One of the things that made me decide to retire the second I was eligible for full retirement was my boss.    We went to an event, and she was loaned an expired handicapped parking hang tag by her buddy.     We were already allowed to go right next to the venue to unload, and they had a bunch of people who would have helped us too.   Instead, where there were a lot of older veterans, many with mobility issues, my boss used that hang tag on her car, to park right next to the front door, and there were people in wheel chairs getting dropped off at the main driveway, because all of the handicapped parking spaces were full.)

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5

The defendant claims the signed contract isn't valid, besides they're a small group, and can't afford it.

That was the best part. The HOA witch claims that she decided she didn't like that contract, thinks if there are only 20 condos it doesn't count, so merely ignored it. Pay the lady.

20 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

-Woman wanted to have an all-class reunion from a high school that is long gone, the entire school system (Inkster) is long gone.

Someone else who chooses to place trust and do business with a stranger, based on race/creed/religion/nationality/whatever and finds out the solidarity means nothing to ripoff artists. JM wants to know if def has a licensing agreement with Nike, to make these knockoffs in China and sell them as the genuine article. "Uhhh..." I guess that's a NO. Six+ months for a 275$ pair of fake sneakers. It didn't work out the way P thought it would. I hope this gets back to Nike.

24 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Plaintiff parks on curb by church every day

Mr. Yukabov uses his 90-year-old dad's handicapped sticker all the time - JM wonders if Dad is with him every time he goes out - so he won't have to walk or look for a parking spot elsewhere. The front of the church is not a legal parking spot, but P says he pays  rent on the spot - no, he slips the church a few dollars - no - he donates. That's it. He somehow feels the church is responsible when somene dings his bumper. Yes, he reported it to the police, about 2 months later. Cops shrug. Fix your own dent.

• Love 5
49 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

(I'm really suspecting some of these cases are just for the TV time, and fees, but really aren't real cases).

Me too.

49 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I absolutely hate it when someone uses a relative's legitimate handicapped parking privileges when the person isn't with them. 

So true.  And I can’t speak for everyone but two relatives of mine needed a parking pass but didn’t want one because they didn’t want others seeing them emerge from a handicapped parking space.  This, in a town where everyone knew everyone else so it baffles me how able-bodied individuals think nothing of scamming this necessity just so they can get a closer spot to the front door of their local Dunkin’ Donuts.

40 minutes ago, PsychoKlown said:

And I can’t speak for everyone but two relatives of mine needed a parking pass but didn’t want one because they didn’t want others seeing them emerge from a handicapped parking space.

I really don't get people who refuse to use anything that will help them in their daily lives . Do they think everyone around will stop, point, and whisper that OMG - look at that person wearing hearing aids/using a handicapped spot? Yeah, it looks much classier if they fall down on the street or sit like an idiot while people are talking while they nod and smile when they can't hear a thing (referring to my brother here with deafness. As soon as my hearing started to go - hereditary - I went and got hearing aids). It's just stupid. I'll use whatever makes my life easier.

Surprise! All the people in shopping malls or on the street really don't notice or care about YOU all that much! Really, they don't give a shit.

Able-bodied people like today's plaintiff who hog handicapped spots deserve a good beating. Let's see how he likes it when he has a cast on his leg after his beating, because of selfish, lazy assholes like him. But he goes to church! Well, when he can bribe the pastor and get something out of it.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I really don't get people who refuse to use anything that will help them in their daily lives . Do they think everyone around will stop, point, and whisper that OMG - look at that person wearing hearing aids/using a handicapped spot? Yeah, it looks much classier if they fall down on the street or sit like an idiot while people are talking while they nod and smile when they can't hear a thing (referring to my brother here with deafness. As soon as my hearing started to go - hereditary - I went and got hearing aids). It's just stupid. I'll use whatever makes my life easier.

Surprise! All the people in shopping malls or on the street really don't notice or care about YOU all that much! Really, they don't give a shit.

Able-bodied people like today's plaintiff who hog handicapped spots deserve a good beating. Let's see how he likes it when he has a cast on his leg after his beating, because of selfish, lazy assholes like him. But he goes to church! Well, when he can bribe the pastor and get something out of it.

Yep.

I think it had to do with good old-fashioned pride.  And a certain amount of stubbornness as you get older.  

But to reiterate it really chaps my fanny when someone misuses a parking permit.  It’s one of those situations where I turn my head and continue on with my life because I know if I took a stand and started beating someone about the head - they’d have an ailment that you couldn’t see and I’d be sent to the Framingham Women’s prison as an example.

There are some tough cookies that occupy that campus.  No thanks.

2 minutes ago, PsychoKlown said:

I know if I took a stand and started beating someone about the head - they’d have an ailment that you couldn’t see

That's another thing. You can't be sure. A friend of mine has muscular dystrophy and now is in a wheelchair. To look at her before that, you would never know anything was wrong with her. She had a sticker and mentioned to me how often people gave her dirty looks or made nasty cracks when they saw this young, fit-looking woman using a handicapped spot. 🙁

Me too.

With regard o them not being cases.  I agree 100%. Just today I said that the three cases were no brainers.  I called the verdict way before the cases were adjudicated.

I'm this close to taking this off my DVR schedule.  I don't look forward to them anymore like I used to.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

That's another thing. You can't be sure. A friend of mine has muscular dystrophy and now is in a wheelchair. To look at her before that, you would never know anything was wrong with her. She had a sticker and mentioned to me how often people gave her dirty looks or made nasty cracks when they saw this young, fit-looking woman using a handicapped spot. 🙁

I get the same thing. I have had 2 compression fractures in my back as well as a fusion on 4levels. Some days are fine some days I need the closer parking space. 

It annoys the hell out of me when people ask to "borrow" my placard for special events. Short answer no.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

That's it. He somehow feels the church is responsible when somene dings his bumper.

It was the location of the damage that made me think someone rear-ended the guy's car.   And YES he WAS parked blocking the driveway.  

• Love 3

Another stupid case 1, about non-refundable deposits, plaintiff loses.

Case 2- Renters claim the house tried to kill them, with exploding stoves, propane smells (no, smelling gas means you run like hell, you don't keep using the stove), vicious shower heads. I don't see how water pressure could push in and out on the shower head to smash it like that.    I don't understand a tenant staying in a home with a gas leak, a stove exploding, and water attacking you, so I don't believe either side. 

Plaintiffs get their security deposit back.   $1886. 

Case 3 Some audio files from a rap track from five years ago.    Plaintiff loses, because of the statute of limitations.   I bet plaintiff thought Judge Marilyn would play a lot more than a snippet of his rap.   Another publicity case. 

• Love 5

Ho hum. First we get woman who put a 1200$ deposit on a party bus and wants it back since she thinks the default position is that deposits are all refundable. Seems she felt that COVID is just a bad memory and wanted to cram 35- 40 people on the bus to go to a wedding. The guests wake up and realize that no, COVID hasn't magically disappeared so don't want to go.

Five days after making the reservation P tells D she wants her deposit back, just because, even though she signed and agreed by email to accept the charge on her credit card. No, you don't get deposits back just because you change your mind.

Then we had the couple suing a landlord for the portion of their deposit he withheld when they moved. First they complained that the water tasted yucky (yeah, mine does too as it also has lots of minerals and is hard. I just use a Melita filter jug.) Then the propane stove blew up and P hubby still has marks on his legs from burns when the 4 pans he uses for making breakfast flew off the stove and hit him. He never saw a doctor so isn't suing for that. 

They're suing because Def is charging them for a rain shower heads, one of which they destroyed and the other merely has a scratch or gwo. The water just started dribbling out - probably due to mineral desposits which CLR will usually clear up - and landlord did replace one shower head. He has the other one to show JM the massive damage done to it, he says by the P who took a screwdriver to it.

That's how it looks to me. JM thinks P would have had to have started madly hacking at it to cause such damage. To me, it looks not like multiple stabbings, but like P stuck the end of a screwdriver into the seam and attempted to pry it open. Ps say they heard a big "pop" from the shower head, but I don't believe them since the water would have to be forced out at pressure level to leave this big gaping hole and indentation on the seam. JM does believe them and orders the return of the rest of their deposit.

Boring rap case. Rapper suing music tech for a song she mixed for him five years ago! He says his rap wasn't properly mixed, and JM listens to it. I FF with great haste. Def says she doesn't work at that studio anymore, that the last time he was there he showed up 25 minutes late for his hour, leaving her only 5 minutes to mix the stuff and that he should take the track to another studio. He also seems to object to the fact that in the last 5 years def. raised her rates from 40$/hr to 75$. As though that's his business. He gets zero. Don't know why this case was here, since the 3-year statute of limitations long since expired. In the hall he says he thought it was 10 years, and "it is what it is."

The judges discuss how appalled they are when litigants show up dressed as though they ar going to a "beach volleyball game" according to Judge John. OH, to be a fly on the wall when JM gets people in shorts, tank tops with big black bra straps showing, and plunging necklines revealing a vast acreage of sagging, usually tatted, pancake boobage.

• Love 5
22 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Then the propane stove blew up and P hubby still has marks on his legs from burns when the 4 pans he uses for making breakfast flew off the stove and hit him. He never saw a doctor so isn't suing for that. 

Praise all the holy Saints that he was wearing pants. 

Rumor has it that not too long ago in a land not too far away a woman was cooking her morning meal nekkid and fire engulfed her apartment.  It was chaotic 

Plaintiff should count his lucky stars. 

Eta:  Pancake Boobage.  If I had only thought a bit quicker I could have incorporated this awesome term in my tale of breakfast woe. Next time. Promise. 

Edited by PsychoKlown

Today we had a horrid, evil, vile, vicious witch who hired defendant to do some landscaping and other work on her property. Of, course, nothing is in writing and I'm not surprised by misunderstandings since she calls the grassy part in front of her house between yard and street a "parkway" and wants the landscaper to trim her wall. By "wall", she means greenery or shrubs. JM had a hard time figuring what the hell she meant.

Anyway, she says the landscaper was supposed to fix this parkway, repair a sprinkler head, trim the wall and put down some sods or seeds, for 1500$. Def claims there was no agreement to do any sodding and he doesn't do it and just does the other jobs. Neither have any proof of what they agreed to.

P is so mad she pays 16$ online to get his home address and drives there, but makes a mistake twice and ends up driving about 90 miles to hunt him down, and wants him to pay for her gas. He's still not giving her 550$ back, so she writes an evil, vicious, threatening letter (she is a retired IRS agent) saying she will report not only him, but his whole family and all his friends to immigration and get them all deported, and also report him for paying no taxes on his income.

JM is steamed that the witch automatically assumes that anyone with an Hispanic name who is  a gardener is there illegally and pays no taxes. Def shows proof that he pays taxes.

P explains she was really "hot" when she made all those ugly accusations, assumptions and threats - although she had no problem hiring someone she thought was there illegally and paying no taxes. As she states in the hall "no one has contracts with landscapers" and it's always done orally. It's traditional!  One would think an IRS agent would be a little more on the up-and-up and not hire illegals under the table?

The witch gets a tongue-lashing and zero dollars and says as JM is leaving, "Isn't that a trip!" Maybe she'll try and get JM deported? In the hall she still can't believe she lost. Shouldn't her word carry more weight than Def's? Def says he's been in business 30 years and never had a problem like this but will put something in writing from now on.

The stupid pastor who ordered a banner to use for his online sermons suing def for not knowing that the paster doesn't understand that the banner will show up reversed because he doesn't know how to use his camera properly was boring.  Def offers to make him a backward banner for a 50% discount. The preacher accepts that.

Boat cover case was boring too, with plaintiff yelling with horrible grammar and whatever. I drifted away.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

Today we had a horrid, evil, vile, vicious witch who hired defendant to do some landscaping and other work on her property. Of, course, nothing is in writing and I'm not surprised by misunderstandings since she calls the grassy part in front of her house between yard and street a "parkway" and wants the landscaper to trim her wall. By "wall", she means greenery or shrubs. JM had a hard time figuring what the hell she meant.

Anyway, she says the landscaper was supposed to fix this parkway, repair a sprinkler head, trim the wall and put down some sods or seeds, for 1500$. Def claims there was no agreement to do any sodding and he doesn't do it and just does the other jobs. Neither have any proof of what they agreed to.

P is so mad she pays 16$ online to get his home address and drives there, but makes a mistake twice and ends up driving about 90 miles to hunt him down, and wants him to pay for her gas. He's still not giving her 550$ back, so she writes an evil, vicious, threatening letter (she is a retired IRS agent) saying she will report not only him, but his whole family and all his friends to immigration and get them all deported, and also report him for paying no taxes on his income.

JM is steamed that the witch automatically assumes that anyone with an Hispanic name who is  a gardener is there illegally and pays no taxes. Def shows proof that he pays taxes.

P explains she was really "hot" when she made all those ugly accusations, assumptions and threats - although she had no problem hiring someone she thought was there illegally and paying no taxes. As she states in the hall "no one has contracts with landscapers" and it's always done orally. It's traditional!  One would think an IRS agent would be a little more on the up-and-up and not hire illegals under the table?

The witch gets a tongue-lashing and zero dollars and says as JM is leaving, "Isn't that a trip!" Maybe she'll try and get JM deported? In the hall she still can't believe she lost. Shouldn't her word carry more weight than Def's? Def says he's been in business 30 years and never had a problem like this but will put something in writing from now on.

The stupid pastor who ordered a banner to use for his online sermons suing def for not knowing that the paster doesn't understand that the banner will show up reversed because he doesn't know how to use his camera properly was boring.  Def offers to make him a backward banner for a 50% discount. The preacher accepts that.

Boat cover case was boring too, with plaintiff yelling with horrible grammar and whatever. I drifted away.

JM was the wrong judge to irritate like that in the first case. And rightly so.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Horrid, evil, vile, vicious witch is a good start to describe this woman.  Imagine the stories her neighbors could spill.

According to this brain trust - it’s traditional that you have an unwritten contract for lawns.  Painters?  No.  Written contract, just lawn services are privy to this special tradition of no contract.

Just guessing here but I think she made a “few calls” to friends still working at the IRS.  Her list of threats looked like a laundry list of a racist loaded for bear.

Bingo!!

Excellent point.  

Yeah you bigoted cow…Isn’t that a trip.  And complaining to Doug about the outcome?  Save your breath.  He’s on team JM.  

I can’t even.

Just guessing here but I think she made a “few calls” to friends still working at the IRS.  

Do you recall another horrible, evil, lying witch with pink hair on Hot Bench who did the same thing to the guy who did so much work on her mobile home - even some free work as a favour-  and she refused to pay him? She also threatened him and his family with deportation because he asked for payment. The twist was that she's Hispanic herself.

So many underhanded litigants who are fine and dandy with getting work for cheap prices and then if one little thing goes wrong or they don't want to pay, they stand here and squawk with great indignation, "I thought he was licensed, bonded, and insured and he wasn't!"

I bet a lot of people get away with stiffing workers, gambling the stiffee won't sue them and they probably seldom do. They know a judgment in small claims court means very little or nothing, so yay! - very cheap or free work!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Do you recall another horrible, evil, lying witch with pink hair on Hot Bench who did the same thing to the guy who did so much work on her mobile home - even some free work as a favour-  and she refused to pay him? She also threatened him and his family with deportation because he asked for payment. The twist was that she's Hispanic herself.

I do - they re-ran the episode in my area a couple weeks ago.  

I love her excuse for that dreadful letter.  "Well, when I wrote that, I was angry."  Yeah, I'm willing to bet this isn't the first time this witch has pulled that.  

• Love 2

Today's steaming pile of poo "Car Sale Catastrophe"

Case 1-Woman's son died in a car wreck.    (Son's accident was when he rolled the car, not wearing a seat belt, and he was ejected through the back window.)    

Mother/plaintiff wanted to put good transmission and engine in another car, and buys one from Facebook Marketplace, seller/defendant is in New Jersey, she lives in New York, and never had a mechanic look at the car.   Plaintiff claims car was rusted out, including the engine.   (I think she means the motor mounts, and other parts were rusty).    Unfortunately, plaintiff texts or email to defendant say that he'll pay $500. 

So, my guess is 'as is' will be cancelled by the offer to pay $500 by defendant. 

Sorry, but because of the road salt used in this area, I would expect a lot of rust on anything I'd buy.  

Case 2-Booked a party hall for her son's second birthday bash, with 25 guests, and when she showed for the party, another group was already in the room.   Defendant says he goofed with the double booking, he offered a refund, but plaintiff wants payment for relative's plane tickets, and other expenses.   Defendant says there was a 2 hour overlap, and the first party was willing to end an hour early, and plaintiff could have the room an hour late.   

Defendant also says plaintiff physically attacked people attending the other party.  The police were called about Mrs. Wiggins, the plaintiff attacking people.  I love the mental picture of the melee at the party venue.   Now this is a case that should have had a video. Neither litigant has a police report, so I'm guessing scam case. 

Plaintiff claims the other party were using her decorations, but the other party was for a little girl, and plaintiff has a boy, so the decorations were different. 

Plaintiff not only wants payment for decorations, but $450 for getting her hair done.   Judge Marilyn gives the woman a week to show receipts for her $3,000 claim.   Defendant offered the $500 room rental refund, and offered that at the time. 

Judge Marilyn's decision is $881 for bounce house, and party room rental, and food.     $881 for plaintiff, and receipts will be needed for more.    Nothing for emotional distress, air fare, or hair expenses.    (I think this case was a scam.   No police reports?   That's total bull right there, with all of the assaults and injuries that plaintiff claims, and defendant said other people had.   So, plaintiff got a refund, and both litigants got to be on TV, and no one paid but the court.    I don't know if they still split the award pool from the show, but they both made out just fine. )

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Case 2-Booked a party hall for her son's second birthday bash, with 25 guests, and when she showed for the party, another group was already in the room. 

So now it's party halls and guests flown in from around the country for a 2-year-old's b-day party. But as JM noted, the party is not for the kid.

Ms. H'WHiggins, SSMo? (Sorry I couldn't help but think of the Carol Burnett sketch) is understandably perturbed when she sees another party in her room. Less understandable is the face-spitting on her baby daddy, the screaming profanities, fisticuffs and weave-pulling that follow but little single mama is truly pissed. Douglas has an expression that says, "Hoo-boy. Here we go." Lightbulb-headed Royale has lots of hearsay but no evidence. JM really wanted to read the police reports, which neither litigant has.

14 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I love the mental picture of the melee at the party venue.   Now this is a case that should have had a video. 

Absolutely! But I guess we can pretty well picture the mayhem there. I'm sure these people are wonderful parents and great examples for their offspring, when the kids' parties end up in violent brawls. Since when do physical attacks solve disagreements?

Sorry, but because of the road salt used in this area, I would expect a lot of rust on anything I'd buy. 

On a quarter of a century old Ford I would expect only the rust is holding the shell together. P went and looked at it, but it was too dark to see anything so she assumed it was fine. As in so many CL and FB marketplace deals, the assumption was wrong.

• Love 4
On 11/16/2021 at 4:12 PM, PsychoKlown said:

But to reiterate it really chaps my fanny when someone misuses a parking permit.  

Some of my favorite segments on "Parking Wars" featured that stunning woman in Detroit who was continually handing out tickets to scofflaws who ignored the handicap signs and then tried to justify it with "I'm only in there for a minute."  My personal favorite was the clueless teenager who claimed she was entitled to use it because "I'm picking up medicine for my grandmother - it's her pass."  

And Granny was HOME at the time.  

• Love 5
6 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

The pink-haired Andrea Mitchell.  If I recall correctly we all voted in favor of the Plaintiff and said we’d love to have him and his family as neighbors.  

Racists comes in all sizes and hair colors, don’t they?  

4 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

If I recall correctly we all voted in favor of the Plaintiff and said we’d love to have him and his family as neighbors.  

That case really troubled me. Usually I don't really give a shit about the litigants but I did feel very bad for him. I know I'd hire him to do work. Imagine what kind of people are so rotten they threaten deportation over a cracked tile or a couple of sods? Mind-boggling it is.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

The pink-haired Andrea Mitchell.  If I recall correctly we all voted in favor of the Plaintiff and said we’d love to have him and his family as neighbors.  

Racists comes in all sizes and hair colors, don’t they?  

We sure did.  

• Love 2

"Tantrum Over a Tow"

Case 1-Plaintiff car owner suing towing owner because after police labeled his car abandoned (parked on the street for more than a week), car was towed by defendant.   Plaintiff went out of town for a week or more, parked on the street in the residential parking area where his cousin lives.    Car was in NY, and plaintiff was in NC for two weeks before cousin called him and said the car was towed.      

Police report says car was abandoned, no license plate or registration, and parked on city street.       Plaintiff says his license plate was in the car window, and his car had the seats ripped up, and all kinds of damages. It turns out that the license plate was on the floorboard of the car, not even in the window.    There are older photos of car in good condition, and the video is after plaintiff picked the car up with the damages.     (Judge Marilyn thinks they were looking for drugs the way the car is ripped up).  Plaintiff claims everyone takes their license plate off when they park in their driveway, Judge Marilyn, and Douglas laugh about that. 

Plaintiff case dismissed, because it's bull pucky. 

Case 2-Plaintiff says defendant crashed into her lamppost with his lawnmower, and defendant owes her $374 for the lamppost repair.    Defendant claims lamppost was rusty, and old, and not worth $374.      Defendant admits he hit the poor, defenceless lamppost, but he's not responsible for the damages.   Plaintiff wins, and defendant still acts like the money is coming out of his wallet, instead of the show award money.

Case 3-Plaintiff wanted to rent office space for her chiropractic practice, and wants $1,000 back from her landlord,after changing her mind.  But defendant says contract shows deposits are non-refundable.   Plaintiff claims she signed the contract, gave defendant the check, and then he wrote 'non-refundable' on the contract.   

Judge Marilyn gifts the $1000 back to plaintiff.   Everything was in the contract, and deposits are usually non-refundable, so a wrong decision. 

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

"Tantrum Over a Tow"

Even Douglas is smirking and snarking at these stupid cases and stupid litigants. JM was very irritated that she had to try and translate the garbled nonsense coming from the P into comprehensible English before she could begin to figure out the case.

He just left his scratched, dented car that was in "tip-top shape" on the street for two weeks in a place it shouldn't be, with no license or registration and is outraged when it gets towed. But his cousin went out every day to check on the well-being of the car! Tip-top, it was! Just ask her. Oops, she's not here. JM can call her. She declines to do that - "YOU call her!" she says - and listen to more rehearsed lies. She and we know very well that when litigants suggest JM call someone that the person has been told what to say and probably has it written down in front of them.

The tow yard employees, even with no key, opened the car and damaged everything inside because they have nothing better to do. We get more blabber in the hall, with the inevitable "It is what is is" from P.

25 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Defendant claims lamppost was rusty, and old, and not worth $374. 

I have a similar lampost at the end of my driveway. We had it installed in '94 and it has not yet rusted out. But Def would have bought P a new one and had his brother, the electrician, install it someday. Yeah, right. He just hoped if he ignored her and stalled long enough she would just give up in frustration.

31 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Judge Marilyn gifts the $1000 back to plaintiff.   Everything was in the contract, and deposits are usually non-refundable, so a wrong decision. 

I didn't get that either. P was the "Oh, poor me. I'm just a little girl and can't understand these contract things!" type and I also did not believe she stood there and watched him write "Non-refundable" on the contract after she signed it. He was a liar too and doesn't even own the premises but just rents it. 

• Love 5

"Exes Square Off" 

Case 1-both litigants claims the other one is harassing them.   Plaintiff claims defendant's father is threatening him too.   Plaintiff claims he's filed harassment charges against defendant, says defendant's trying to get him evicted from his apartment.    They met through a third party three years ago, and they've been harassing each other since.   This has to be a fake case. 

Defendant says her ex-boyfriend, father of her kid, gives money to plaintiff, no reason why given.    Plaintiff claims the boyfriend was in a nursing home, but was taking care of plaintiff's niece too.   Plaintiff claims he loaned defendant, and her ex money. 

Plaintiff claims he paid for defendant and ex for the hotel for a month, cigarettes ($800), laundry bill, their meals three times a day.    There is no way this is a real case.   Everyone is accusing each other of sleeping with each other, everyone owes money to everyone, and this is a fake case.  

Everything dismissed, no proof of loans, or anything else, except everyone in this case is nuts.

Case 2-Plaintiff was driving a truck, had a citation for overweight, but received more citations because he didn't have a CDL.    Plaintiff wants to get paid for his wages.   Defendant says plaintiff damaged the truck.   (Truck was over the weight that requires a CDL, if it would have been under the weight limit, then Crash Cargo wouldn't have needed a CDL).   From the photo, plaintiff hit a branch or something with the top of the truck.    

Plaintiff wants plaintiff wages, attorney fees of $750, emotional distress.  He gets $2,000+. 

(I don't have kids, but I agree with Judge Marilyn.  Monitor what your kids are up to, who they hang out with, and who they're talking to online, and what information they're giving out to people.    There have been so many cases of kids going to meet some online friend, and ending up a Dateline special). 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

This has to be a fake case

I don't know about that. Judging by what we've seen on court shows over the years anything, no matter how bizarre, I tend to believe.

Jaymes-with-a-"y", doddering, raddled Sugar Daddy vs nasty skank who has kids and decided to squirt out the last one with her homeless drug-addict, bi, jailbird lover, Kyle. But it seems that "Jaymes" was sugar daddy mostly to the elusive Kyle. Jaymes had to buy them endless supplies of ciggies, food from restaurants and pay their motel bills. Kyle signed a promissory note to pay Jaymes back 18,000$.  That's a good thing, Jaymes. I'm sure Kyle is working very hard to repay this debt. I have a feeling Kyle might be using currency other than the paper kind. This could have been very entertaining if only def. had been sterilized before getting knocked up by some guys, who knows how many times.

Jaymes declined to speak with Doug in the hall and not even an "It is what it is" can be had.

1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Plaintiff was driving a truck, had a citation for overweight, but received more citations because he didn't have a CDL

The only good part of this was P suing for 400$ for lost wages. JM wants to know more about this. Well, he was so furious he couldn't go to work for two days, plus the "chemicals in his brain hadn't settled" yet. I guess he's not a neurologist. Douglas cracks up over this. Sorry  - no boe-nanaza for P.

The judges talk about raising children. JM is "MY house" and "MY children" and Judge John is all, like, basically, "What am I? Chopped liver?" I'm afraid he doesn't count for much in that house. 😄

But she's right that tabs need to kept on children. So many parents let their kids sit in their bedrooms unsupervised on their computers watching depraved porn and being contacted by pedos and other creepy predators.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 5

"Bickering With Your Brother"

Case 1-Plaintiff mad at younger brother, after brother had tantrum and damaged the floor of her upstairs by hitting it.   Defendant brother was hauled away by cops, but claim the shared house with plaintiff and ailing mother was his home too, and plaintiff is trying to steal the house.   Plaintiff owns a two family home, mother lives upstairs, plaintiff lives downstairs, and house has been in plaintiff's name since 2016.   Defendant claims house was paid for by all of the relatives, and plaintiff stole the house, and steals from the mother.   

Plaintiff says a nephew (defendant's son) , and two nieces were smoking weed in the mother's home.  Plaintiff turned off wifi, so nephew and nieces would leave.    Then, plaintiff claims defendant was pounding on the floor/ceiling upstairs and damaged the floors.    Plaintiff claims she's going to get defendant and son evicted from the house.   There's a temporary order, against defendant, then an emergency hearing let defendant back in the house.    

Plaintiff claims the holes in the ceiling drywall were caused by defendant hitting the floor upstairs, when the drywall was taken down, it shows the ceiling joists are broken.    However, video shows the gouges in the ceiling beams are the bottom of the beam, on plaintiff's side, not on the top from defendant's side.   

Plaintiff loses, and both litigants claim they're going to court over eviction (Plaintiff), and something for defendant.  (I really want the video of their holiday dinners, I bet it's epic). 

Case 2-Plaintiff claims defendant rented plaintiff's Tesla 2021, and car reaks of pot, and other issues, and plaintiff wants $4,000.  Plantiff rented the car on Turo, for two days.     Defendant says she had car washed before she returned it, and it was in perfect condition.   Defendant says her daughter smokes (only weed, but not tobacco), and she's the only smoker, but not near the mother.   (I bet the daughter had the car the entire time, and was smoking weed in the car.).   

I'm wondering if defendant rented car for daughter to drive, and defendant never drove it?  Plaintiff says car app told him someone was driving it at 110 mph, and daughter was driving the car.   Cost was $415 for 3 days, and they charge a hefty fee for the Turo app service.   Car costs $138 a day, plus fees, so total price was over $1,000. 

Plaintiff cleaned car himself, didn't have anyone detail the car.   In the photos you can see cigar or cigarette ash, some sticky stuff all over the doors, and I'm sure it still smells of smoke.  (You can get smoke smell out, but it's not cheap.  I wonder how many miles the defendant's daughter put on the car in the three day rental?).   

Turo charged the defendant extra, but they aren't a party to the lawsuit.    There's also bumper damage from a Starbucks, that defendant scraped on a curb, and there are tire rim damages too, from parking too close to the curb.  Plaintiff claims his Tesla was devalued by $3100 from the smoke smell, and damages. 

Plaintiff gets $600, plus he already had the $150 he collected thru Turo. (I'm wondering if the daughter smokes weed combined with those little cigars?  It was very popular where I live for a while, because the sweet smelling cigar or cigarillos (?) help cover the weed smell).  

(Judge Marilyn said before that she's the enforcer in her home, and John is the softie.)

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

"Bickering With Your Brother"

JM was utterly disgusted at the outrageous behavior of these siblings, who appeared to be at least in their late 50's. Def apparently didn't realize how dumb he sounded trying to say that the pounding going on was from moving a dresser and P saying she has no idea how those dents, not only in the ceiling but in the actual studs, got there. Of course, it wasn't from her ramming a broom handle into it. What a nest that is. How nice for the mom, living with this feuding, racket-making, weed-smoking gang. You live with your parents your whole life, you never grow up even at that age. JM orders the P's mic shut off because "I can't stand listening to her talking over me anymore."

14 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Case 2-Plaintiff claims defendant rented plaintiff's Tesla 2021

P buys a brand-new Tesla to rent it out -first he says he rented it out because he needed money ( I know about and understand "house poor" but not "car-poor") but in the hall he says he bought it to rent out.  He claims the def. "disrespected" his car. Imagine that.  A stranger doesn't think your property is all that precious. Def was willing to pay over 1,000$ for the privilege of tooling around in it for 3 days, but that's her prerogative.

Yes, def's daughter drove the car at 110mph, according to P, and she does smoke. But, oh -  heaven forbid - she never smokes regular ciggies, just lots of weed. For sure she didn't smoke weed in the car. Okay. I guess the ash just appeared in the car mysteriously.

I'm not sure of the financial advantage of buying a car that cost at least 80K just to rent it out and constantly pay to have it cleaned and repaired and maybe have to sue after a bunch of strangers use it to show off or whatever and who drive so poorly they can't avoid scraping the rims on a curb. Get ready for a lot more devaluation, Mr. Behrjue(?), as in when someone spills a beer on the carpet, burns a hole in the seat or drips grease from their pizza all over. He's so distressed he's lost that "new car smell". He ain't seen nothin' yet.

Gee, I wouldn't even let someone I don't know use my 2014 Matrix (which still has a New Car smell!) because I would expect them to beat the shit out of it. I find it amusing when people allow total strangers to live in their homes, drive their cars, and take care of their infants and then are outraged when something goes wrong.  Oh well, each to his own.

A thousand pardons, but a rhyme my mother used to say ahundred years ago has been kicking around my head and just has to come out:

"I had a little pony

His name was Dapple Gray

I lent him to a lady

to drive a mile away.

She whipped and she slashed him and

she drove him through the mire.

I would not lend my pony now

for all the ladies' hire."

• Love 8

Again, CrazyInAlabama and AngelaHunter knocked it out of the ballpark with recaps and commentary.  

Nothing of value for me to add except life is too short to let annoying relatives live in your head rent free.  Let it go.  Have a drink, overlook whatever your annoying relative says and move on.  You’ll be much happier in the long run.  What joy can be had by shoving a broom handle in the popcorn ceiling?  Let it go.

Happy Thanksgiving all.  And remember, if you’re cooking breakfast tomorrow for a group please wear pants while doing so… watchword pants…my holiday gift to all of you.

On 11/19/2021 at 1:29 PM, Pepper the Cat said:

I don’t understand how the banner can show up in reverse. 

Images appear backwards when you use the front-facing camera of your phone. It's as if you're looking in a mirror. 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

Let it go.

Not happening in that house, or the houses of so many other litigants where familial fistfights, evictions, vandalism, restraining orders, and police visits are the norm. I think JM has given up counselling. That was the most disgusted "Good LUCK!" I ever heard.

Anyway, yes - Happy Thanksgiving to all and stay out of trouble!😄

• Love 5
On 11/24/2021 at 5:36 PM, AngelaHunter said:

A thousand pardons, but a rhyme my mother used to say ahundred years ago has been kicking around my head and just has to come out:

"I had a little pony

His name was Dapple Gray

I lent him to a lady

to drive a mile away.

She whipped and she slashed him and

she drove him through the mire.

I would not lend my pony now

for all the ladies' hire."

Isn’t it nice to have rhymes and songs from our childhood still with us after all these years?   

The funny part is that they’re buried under all the mundane things of life and it takes is one little thought to resurrect them.  

Did you ever think an episode of TPC would bring this beautiful piece to mind?

2 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

Isn’t it nice to have rhymes and songs from our childhood still with us after all these years?   

The funny part is that they’re buried under all the mundane things of life and it takes is one little thought to resurrect them.  

Did you ever think an episode of TPC would bring this beautiful piece to mind?

You're right! It's amazing how something so long submerged is ready to emerge, whole and intact, when a button is pressed. I had no idea this nursery rhyme or song (I just now looked it up and it seems to originate from the late 19th century) was in my befuddled brain. And no - never did I dream anything on this show could trigger a memory from when I was maybe 4 -5 years old.

• Love 3

I kind of enjoyed P suing D for wages he promised. They met on FB marketplace where fairy tales can come true. Both realized that their "political ideologies" were  perfectly in sync, so it's a match! Sadly, trollish D's attempts to "seduce" her with his winning personality and totally wrecked grill did not succeed, so they decided to just work together, cleaning businesses and whatever. They agreed to split the payments 50/50.  Def is bunking at his sister's house after his fiancee in another state obviously woke up and gave him the boot, so P drives to the home (she had to pick him up every day since he has no car) at 10:30p.m. to get her half of that day's wages - $65. He says she doesn't deserve it.

JM asks, demands, and all but begs him to tell her why he thinks P shouldn't get paid, but he goes off, rambling about other stuff. He flings himself around in his chair, rolls his eyes, huffs and puffs like an adolescent and whines that JM won't let him tell his story. Finally he explains that P "screamed and hollered all day" so she shouldn't get paid for her work. P gets her money. Doug in the hall asks why they weren't dating. "He's... not my type," says P, very diplomatically. Yeah, I bet.

I actually liked this "As is" case. Blobby P wants to buy a 21-year-old Chrysler from D. He goes to look at it and notices a smell of burned oil. No problem. Did he test drive it? Well, no. Weather conditions did not permit that. Turns out it was just raining. Do ancient beaters melt in the rain? D says he was shocked that P refused a test drive and merely said, "I trust you." Did he get the heap checked by a mechanic? Of course - after he paid for it. He just wanted to get it home asap, you see. Maybe his favorite reality show was going to start and he forgot to DVR it. Mechanic says there's possibly a cracked head gasket, but can't be sure until the engine is taken apart. P maintains that D knew about this and ripped him off. JM gets sick of listening to his idiotic whining and gives him the heave-ho with nothing, of course.

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, DoctorK said:

Hmmm, maybe Judge Judy or Peoples' Court?

If he watched those he would know better than to appear here, where the judges are biased, predjudiced, shrieking, sexist, man-hating harpies who won't give a real man like him a chance.

I see him as more of a "Dog the Bounty Hunter" fan, flinging his bulk into his stained, well-worn lazyboy and yelling, "Oh, come ON! I'd beat the hell out of that guy!"

• LOL 1
  • Love 1