Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

On 9/27/2016 at 4:48 PM, backhometome said:

So Sam will be made to look like a bad person for not being nice to DNAJ bff.

Sam will never be made to look like a bad person under this writing regime.  This scene will be written, as usual, to emphasize how saintly and understanding she is.

On 9/28/2016 at 8:50 PM, Chairperson Meow said:

Paul will probably try to reason with Tracy all crazy like, then sad crazy try to kill her.  Anna and Jordan will have to save the day.

If two women actually get to save the day, it will be a refreshing change of pace from GH's usual "Men Get to Be Heroes, Women Get To Be Victims" mentality.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't want Avery to go simply because she's girl child

Avery shouldn't die because she's a girl child, she should die because she's a plot point that should have never existed in the first place. Neither Ava nor Sonny (or Morgan) need to be saddled with a baby at this point.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, yowsah1 said:

Sam will never be made to look like a bad person under this writing regime.  This scene will be written, as usual, to emphasize how saintly and understanding she is.

If two women actually get to save the day, it will be a refreshing change of pace from GH's usual "Men Get to Be Heroes, Women Get To Be Victims" mentality.

Sam is now the new CarlyLovesWithHerWholeHeartAndIsWonderful. Enough said.

And if Anna and Jordan save the day, it will convince me that the writers don't actually watch the show. And that they think Jordan is a man. And that Andre is a woman with a weird spelling of Andrea.

Edited by stlbf
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Girl children. 

Unless Sonny is the betrayer, because he alone will have a good reason.

Girl Child is actually a plural in The Corinthos Family Textbook.  It's under the section "The wimmens and why Sonny is always right (and they are always wrong)".  It's the section after "AJ Quartermaine Was Fat and a Drunk".   Plus, Avery is Morgan's, but that is in the secret bonus section under "Betrrraaaayyaaaaall!!!"  It has all of the things Sonny has ever been betrayed about, real or not in GHverse. 

2 hours ago, stlbf said:

Sam is now the new CarlyLovesWithHerWholeHeartAndIsWonderful. Enough said.

And if Anna and Jordan save the day, it will convince me that the writers don't actually watch the show. And that they think Jordan is a man. And that Andre is a woman with a weird spelling of Andrea.

I thought Sam was "CrieswithherwholeeyesanddehydratesherbodysoJasonhastosaveherandisalwaysgr8"?

*cries with her whole eyes and dehydrates her body so Jason has to save her and is always great*  Literally, no matter what day I pick up on, there's Sam.  Crying.  Oh, it's Monday and her socks are missing?  Tears.  Oh it's Wednesday and she can't get a BLT from Kelly's because Shawn is in prison, so now she has to eat Metro Court lunch?   Tears.   Look, it's Friday and Jason farted.  Tears.  And this was before she became pregnant.  Which, by the way, thanks Female Writing Staff of GH.  You so have your fingers on the pulse of what we women want to see.  Why would we want something silly like an actual story when we can have more babies?!  Because squee, babies!!  Yes, please babies.  Babies, yum.  Literally.  No, not Curtis and Jordan and Hayden in a hot sexy caramel triangle or Michael having a story.  Not Griffin being bad and having an angsty shower.  We want babies.  In the afternoon.  On our soaps.  And we want our hot men fully clothed and gushing about babies.  In between a barely literate bald homeless guy buying term papers.  Thanks, Female Writing Staff.  And nope, we don't need Anna having a hot and sexy romance with new hot doctor Andre.  Nah, lets have her cry over her cat for more.  Yes.  Thanks.

• Love 7

With $7BC leaving, I'm guessing (I have not watched in months) that Sonny goes after Julian or sends somebody after Julian. Morgan gets caught in the crossfire and is presumed dead. Carly leaves after telling Sonny that Morgan's death is his fault. Sonny screws Nelle.

I'm good with Morgan being really most extremely and sincerely dead, but if not, they could pull out the old Michael gets shot in the head because of Sonny script, and change Michael's name to Morgan.

Edited by RedVelvetWaffles
  • Love 1
On 10/1/2016 at 0:13 AM, ulkis said:

Laura lets Kevin have a second chance.

What was the point of breaking Laura and Kevin up for ten seconds if they're just gonna put them right back together with little to no drama/on-air story?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

What was the point of breaking Laura and Kevin up for ten seconds if they're just gonna put them right back together with little to no drama/on-air story?

I honestly have no clue. The out-of-nowhere breakup/book was clearly done to facilitate GF's time off but they could have just as easily had Kevin/Laura keeping in touch via phone/email these last two weeks and not had to break them up at all. How much of a breakup could it be, really, if they only had one date and slept together?

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, LexieLily said:

How much of a breakup could it be, really, if they only had one date and slept together?

Seriously. And Laura didn't even give Kevin a chance to explain himself before she huffed off. Ugh. So manufactured.

• Love 5

For real.  They had the explanation for GF's break - Laura was taking Spencer to his boarding school and helping him settle in.  They didn't need to also throw in the Kevin breakup, especially since it didn't generate any story for him in her absence (except for having to suffer from exposure to Lulu's baby rabies) or upon her return.  Weak.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Perhaps TJ will have an opinion about the hospital closing given he's allegedly a completely off-screen medical intern.

As long as he doesn't have to interact with that thing...that creature...that serial killer.

• Love 2

I'm excited to see TJ but cautious. More paternity fun? I hope not. 

Maybe since the hospital closed Lucas and Brad will come back from the longest honeymoon ever to find they have no place to work. 

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, Bwill3133 said:

Maybe since the hospital closed Lucas and Brad will come back from the longest honeymoon ever to find they have no place to work.

I'd love to see them walk into a dark GH and be all, "WTF?!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I'd love to see them walk into a dark GH and be all, "WTF?!

2 hours ago, Bwill3133 said:

I'm excited to see TJ but cautious. More paternity fun? I hope not. 

Unless they recast Lucas I think it will be quite a while before Ryan Carnes is free to film GH. He has yet to put GH back on his Twitter profile and as of this past weekend is in Mexico City prepping to film a movie there while simultaneously starting a business venture there as well. I think Ryan has moved on.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Speaking of people we never see slash get no on-screen story, TJ's back on Friday.  He hasn't been on since June (!), but will apparently be in a few episodes this month.

http://abc.soapsindepth.com/posts/gh-general-hospital-tequan-richmond-casting-return-114948

I'll place my guess on TJ gets killed in the car accident with Morgan.  He is the one that Morgan will hit with his car.  If he doesn't die, then he will be in a coma along with Morgan, allowing both characters to be in a coma and eventually recast by new actors.  Morgan sooner.  TRi is definitely leaving imo as his Showtime pilot should debut soon.  Common is an EP now.  It'll probably be a big deal, so I doubt he'll stay for this crap fest to support random mediocre actors.  I wish him well.  BC will probably be in the tabloids soon or on another soap tbh.   Killing TJ is dumb, but it'll probably be done to give Jordan/Curtis a dramatic story.  We won't see a reaction from Molly or Shawn.  I'll be very surprised.  Hopefully, Curtis gets to rightfully hate Sonny and punch him in the face.  TJ is his nephew after all.  And please let Jordan be mad at Sonny and Carly and Morgan if her son dies.   And a preemptive stfu Valerie.   No one gives a fuck about your mom. 

Yeah, I'm really hoping it's that and not Jelly Takes on BLM because they can't take on stories, let alone social justice stories. 

I'll be shocked if TJ doesn't die.  I can picture the story meeting now - "OK, who can we kill off in this big dramatic story?  Nobody important, but it will still be super important."  "We could bring back the black kid and kill him off."  "Perfect!"  TRi is way too good for this shit.  

• Love 6

New promo, featuring that clip of Sonny loading his gun for the 10 billionth time:

Carly: Violence is never the answer!

Me: Tell that to all the chicks you've fought!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

It's ridiculous.  The writers can insist all they want, but Michael and Sabrina never had this deep soulmate relationship, they just didn't.

You're starting to sound like Carly! ;)

That promo is 85% old clips.

They have got to be kidding me with that dialogue coming out of Carly's goddamn mouth.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, KerleyQ said:

I'll be shocked if TJ doesn't die.  I can picture the story meeting now - "OK, who can we kill off in this big dramatic story?  Nobody important, but it will still be super important."  "We could bring back the black kid and kill him off."  "Perfect!"  TRi is way too good for this shit.  

I will laugh when TRi either finally wins the Outstanding Younger Leading Actor Emmy next year for his 1 hour total screen time that he gets nominated for every year or his new show is a success and he gets nominated for a real Emmy or Golden Globe. 

7 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

LMAOOO. "I'm gonna get justice for Sabrina!"

These writers are revolutionary with this dialogue!

He should be getting justice for his father, AJ.  Smh. 

52 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

I don't suppose anyone will take my bet that Sonny's pain gets more screen time over a TJ death than TJ's mother gets?  Anyone want to bet against that?  Anyone?  Hello?  

Sonny's pain got more screen time than the funeral of the man he murdered.  I won't be surprised.  What I will be pissed off at is if Jordan and Curtis are all "Yay Sonny, you are so great!!"  I want Curtis to punch him in the face.  I don't expect much from Jordan under these writers.  Maybe she'll take a break from her hair appointment to pout or something.  But I'm sure now thanks to that promo that Julian will be blamed when it looks like it'll be Morgan's fault or Sonny's fault.  I doubt Michael will actually shoot anyone.   Maybe he'll shoot Paul or he'll pull a JR Chandler and shoot a mirror and declare he hates his Corinthos side, but that's an actual story.  I have no hope for this show under Jelly.

• Love 3

I mean, pairing that "Violence is never the answer!" dialogue with all the SEXAY shots of guns, including that fuckin' one of Sonny the show must think is sooo cool considering how blatantly they reuse it is ridiculous enough.  But having Carly being the one to say it is just...beyond.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I mean, pairing that "Violence is never the answer!" dialogue with all the SEXAY shots of guns, including that fuckin' one of Sonny the show must think is sooo cool considering how blatantly they reuse it is ridiculous enough.  But having Carly being the one to say it is just...beyond.

And I gotta be honest, it makes me sick that characters like Carly and even Sam want to take this stance NOW....after watching my favorite characters being completely trashed for DECADES for this SAME POV. No....just no.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 4
24 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

And I gotta be honest, it makes me sick that characters like Carly and even Sam want to take this stance NOW....after watching my favorite characters being completely trashed for DECADES for this SAME POV. No....just no.

With Sam it doesn't make me as mad because while I don't think she secretly hated it she didn't actively encourage it either.

Carly, on the other hand, has actively asked Sonny to use his power and violence to help her out. For her to pull this after marrying him for the. fifth. time. makes her plight . . . unsympathetic at the very least.

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, ulkis said:

With Sam it doesn't make me as mad because while I don't think she secretly hated it she didn't actively encourage it either.

Carly, on the other hand, has actively asked Sonny to use his power and violence to help her out. For her to pull this after marrying him for the. fifth. time. makes her plight . . . unsympathetic at the very least.

Sam thought she was better for Jason because she accepted him being a criminal and a killer and didn't want to change him. That was a huge part of her character and their relationship.

Obvs agree on Carly.

• Love 2

Yeah but she also encouraged him to run away from the mob and never look back on more than one occasion. There is no point when Carly would have happily walked away from it. Hell, when she was married to Jax and "out", she constantly ran to Jason and Sonny because she had to be involved 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Oracle42 said:

Yeah but she also encouraged him to run away from the mob and never look back on more than one occasion. There is no point when Carly would have happily walked away from it. Hell, when she was married to Jax and "out", she constantly ran to Jason and Sonny because she had to be involved 

Yeah, Sam would have followed Jason if he had decided to join the circus and they had to sleep next to the elephants. Which is a whole other issue, but while Sam lorded it that she accepted Jason in the mob, she would have done that with anything he did, as long as he was with her.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Oracle42 said:

I understand where you're coming from, but I'm just seeing it from a different angle of sorts. Sam had no issues with resorting to violence or Jason/Sonny doing what they do. So for her, like Carly, to now have problems with violence or guns or the business just doesn't fly with me.*

*IMO, if they wanted this change in Sam, the show should have done it after Jason "died." 

• Love 3

After years of dealing with violence it's believable that Carly and Sam would both be over it. But, as usual, the writers don't bother to show a character getting from Point A to Point B and no one is ever allowed to realistically grow or change. Everything that happens is in service of plot.  

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, LeftPhalange said:

After years of dealing with violence it's believable that Carly and Sam would both be over it. But, as usual, the writers don't bother to show a character getting from Point A to Point B and no one is ever allowed to realistically grow or change. Everything that happens is in service of plot.  

Completely agree.

Me: I'd like a story to be told, a reason for the change, and for the character to actually stick with it.

TPTB: IZ TOO HARD.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Exactly.  I will never take Carly's "Violence is not the answer!" bs seriously because of the following:

1.) Where was this outrage when her son was shot in the head because of Sonny/mob violence?

2.)  She literally gave hardly any fucks when her bff 4 eva Jason was dock and rolled before banging Never Todd, who was a rapist/murderer too and stole Jason's baby.  She was just mad that he lied to her then and showed up to flirt with him.

3.)  Girl, you had multiple chances to be with the fine af AJ Quartermaine and Jax and you blew it.  Shut your face, lady.  You made your bed, you sexed in your limo, you ruined your son's couch, you erased your recordings.  You lie in this bed, girl.  You don't get to be self-righteous.  No way, boo.  You're stuck with the Moobster and his guns.

4.)  Why did she go back to Sonny after he shot her in the head while birthing Morgan?  Wtf?  Bullets are not love.  Damn, girl.  This is why I can't with Carly.  I want to like her because I love LW.  I do.  But I want to shake Carly and be like, "You blew it.  You better go pray some Cassadines have AJ on ice or Jax will take you back because if not you're doomed.  Maybe go flirt with Curtis or something."  

• Love 2

As unbelievable as Michael being this wrecked about Sabrina is Sonny being this hopped up to avenge Duke, of all people.  Again, the show can tell me all they want, but Sonny and Duke were not BFF's.  They were friends for less than a year!

• Love 8
8 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

I'd buy it from Carly if she said something before the wedding. Like Sonny told her it would be a whole new violence free leaf. But these were Carly's words before the wedding:

CARLY: You’re arrogant. You’re ruthless. You’re vindictive. You’re violent. And when you get angry, you can be really cruel.

And now she's begging him to stop the violence?? Carly just needs to walk (which I'm sure you agree with). I guess I could understand her being over it, but I don't feel bad for her* begging him to stop. Just leave, lady!

*I have felt for Carly at times, I swear! It has happened occasionally, heh.

• Love 5
On 10/4/2016 at 1:24 AM, HeatLifer said:

I understand where you're coming from, but I'm just seeing it from a different angle of sorts. Sam had no issues with resorting to violence or Jason/Sonny doing what they do. So for her, like Carly, to now have problems with violence or guns or the business just doesn't fly with me.*

*IMO, if they wanted this change in Sam, the show should have done it after Jason "died." 

Does she have a problem with guns/violence?

Sam doesn't really have a moral code, as such. She does personal loyalty and I think she's being consistent within that framework. She doesn't care that Julian is in the mob; she cares that he lied to Alexis about it and that his lies hurt her mother and she cares very much that he tried to kill Alexis.

That was why her characterization during the Nik story was so stupid. Her horror and moral outrage over Nik, trying to murder someone over money? That was ridiculous; that should've been Liz and Laura*.  Sam would've been upset that his behavior was wildly out of character and given the fact that he once dangled her off a roof (and the fact that she's married to a guy who has had 4!!! brain surgeries), probably would've questioned whether he had another tumor.  And she would have seen the Jason lie as a personal betrayal not some abstract moral wrong

Liz ignoring that honestly bothered me more than the Jason lie in terms of character destruction. I can see the Jason lie happening with Liz - I think she'd need a better self-justification but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility - but her sitting idly by after finding out Nik tried to MURDER someone and haranguing his victim when Nik decided to marry Hayden to protect himself? No.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 7

One reason I have a hard time with Sabrina being the straw that broke the violence camel's back is because not long before she died, Carly was ragging on Michael to get rid of Sabrina. Not to mention Carly's previous handwringing about guns and such has been very short-lived. But now she's had enough? *rme*

• Love 3

This whole thing is stupid af.

It started when RC lost interest in Carly when she was unable to carry Franco and he just shoved her back into a relationship with Sonny without any thought for the characters or their history. 

And if Carly was going to start freaking out about violence it should've been about Morgan. Carly and Sonny both should've gotten a call about shootings at the pier and been told that Morgan had been targeted.  And Real!Carly? would've stepped over Kiki's body to make sure that another one of her children hadn't been shot because of Sonny's business. There should have been flashbacks to hearing about Michael being shot and some connection to their actual history.

I get that Kiki is important to FV/JP/SA but she is not important to Caroline (Spencer) Benson Quartermaine Corinthos Corinthos Alcazar Jacks Corinthos - and Sabrina is barely a blip on her radar

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 8