Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12: Great Expectations

• Start Topic

(edited)

Ryan is the creepy "family Uncle" that gets invited to all the firefighters'/paintball team mates family get togethers because he spends lots of time with the dads but the wives and kids know to shy away from him.

Wearing his best festive red suspenders he shows up at Christenings, bar mitzvahs, weddings, birthday parties dominating the conversation with his loud ear splitting nonsensical banter,  opining on inappropriate subjects while getting drunker and drunker as the evening goes along until a couple of young firefighters take him home... Rinse, Repeat... 

Ryan will have no problem being a drive by lover while he still looks fit but as soon as those folksy suspenders start being necessary to hold up his pants under his beer gut he will have to resort to other avenues for sexy time...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 6
(edited)
On 3/31/2018 at 9:08 AM, Gem 10 said:

Wow, I couldn't have explained it better.  She did say in the beginning how her Mother had to sell the house and they are probably struggling with the finances.   Maybe she's holding on to collect the money to help the family as they are such a close family?   People are coming on this show for different reasons.  Some want exposure, some to hawk their products, etc.. And, the show chooses people for drama.  Maybe a small percent to find love.  I don't know why Ryan came on .. He doesn't want a ball & chain, he has a million jobs, he has money and he's already married to his buddies.  Maybe he just wanted a baby making machine to carry on his name who shuts her mouth and is there for sex when he wants it.

Honestly, Ryan could have done that without even getting married. 

He could probably find some poor woman who is so hung up on him, that she'll keep coming back for more even against her better judgment.

On 3/31/2018 at 9:32 AM, LennieBriscoe said:

IMO,  Molly will never be sexually attracted to Jon.  Why? Because there's no coming back from once thinking a man acts like a "12-year-old" with an off-putting laugh.

And if Jon is human, he resents Molly for how he is now (in TV "now") suppressing his joie de vivre. Maybe that's why the passive-aggressive "redheads" comment (notice Molly then showed Jon that he can be rejected by a "redhead," too.) Don't assume his remark about "preference" will ever be forgotten by her. Not when her blonde hair is a source of pride. 

I don't like Jephte. Call me crazy,  but I don't think he is attractive (something about his complexion). And I don't care for his dead-pan little gotchas followed by "Kidding!" I think his initial rejections of and reactions to Shawniece were cruel and the current affection suspect.  Finally, I haven't gotten  a "teacher" vibe from Jephte; where is the patience, e. g.?

As for Ryan,  well,  I'm thinking he feels owed a "Molly" more than a "Jackie." He works and plays HARD,  you guys, and thus merits a blonde LOOKER! Jon doesn't even have a JOB,  FGS! Heh. 

So,  IMHO, Jon should ditch the Ice Queen; Jackie should jettison her Manly Masculine Man-boy; and Shawniece, well, I don't get it,  but she says she's in love,  so I suppose she should keep her Temperamental Teacher. 

But if the others are asked first,  I would  expect Molly to ask for a divorce;  Ryan to want to stay married ("Failure is not an option" with his self-image); and Jephte to want to continue being idolized, I mean, married. 

It sounds like Jon and Ryan should do a wife swap.

Maybe that should be an option introduced in future seasons. 

Edited by discoprincess
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Strange though that being all that Molly could not get a man on her own and had to come on such a show to marry!

I still think there's something wrong with miss ice princess!

That's another reason the job of the 'experts' is challenging. They are choosing from people who evidently are having relationship troubles to begin with. If was young and single I'd put an application if for fun just to see if I was chosen. I suspect Molly has an ulterior motive and I don't think it was finding a man...

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

How about a show for divorced couples? Or single men and woman in their 40's? Or lets combine Married at first sight with Naked and afraid and send newly married couples out to survive in the wilderness...

.i remember a show that was on where single older couples were matched .. Met up  in a lounge .. Then had dinner in the restaurant.  After dinner, they decided if they wanted to see each other again or not.  Forgot the name.  It was last year or the year before.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 4/2/2018 at 1:19 PM, LennieBriscoe said:

Just FTR: I'm finding the follow-up show "Love at First Flight" highly enjoyable! Togetherness, tasks, and tests of compatibility, but no great expectations!

This is a different topic, and the moderators might move it. It's interesting to me, though, that you like the new show. I haven't watched it. 

Maybe I should give it a try. I feel like at least half of the people on MAFS don't take the "married" part seriously at all --in fact, they treat it like they got matched on some random dating site except they get really cool all-expenses-paid trips out of it.

Maybe "Love At First Flight" does make more sense...

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

I feel like at least half of the people on MAFS don't take the "married" part seriously at all --in fact, they treat it like got matched on some dating site except they get really cool all-expenses-paid trips out of it.

Besides incessantly calling it a "legally binding marriage", they also call it an "experiment".  This 'experiment' has created many more divorces than 'marriages', & is a huge fail.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, loki310 said:

No one’s mentioned how Ryan thought a horse would eat a pigeon?? I would seriously end the marriage right there - I just can’t respect that kind of stupid.

It's been mentioned on the Honeymoon Part 1 thread.  Back to nursery school & board books for Ryan...

• Love 4