Type keyword(s) to search

Three Wives, One Husband - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Definitely agree!  This show looks much more authentic than Seeking Sister Wives.  I find it interesting how well the Morrison wives get along - I wonder if that's because it was really the first wife who basically chose wife #2 to join the family and it kind of seemed like the husband didn't have anything to do with it, haha.

ETA: Do I have the right family for this, haha?

Edited by Adira
Too many families
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Adira said:

I find it interesting how well the Morrison wives get along - I wonder if that's because it was really the first wife who basically chose wife #2 to join the family and it kind of seemed like the husband didn't have anything to do with it, haha.

Right? I think those sister wives are getting down while hubby is off with wife #3.

• Love 3

Why build your house in a cave? Half the rooms will just be in darkness. There was a snapshot of all the men In the sect and they were not attractive at all. Just middle aged husbands with a ton of kids. Wowza. I had never heard of this sect before but they seem more relaxed and happy than the Brown clan. Hey...maybe we should have a comparison discussion....

still trying to figure everyone out but count me in for this season. 

• Love 10

I thought this show was really well-done and interesting - not your typical fame-whore reality-TV trash.  This was originally done as a documentary for British TV and has a very realistic, slice of life feel to it.  You can tell they really believe they have a higher calling.  I liked and sympathized with them.  The women are all beautiful!  Fascinating.

• Love 4

I'm not sure how I feel about them blasting rock or building in or on that beautiful area. But the families seem interesting and I agree they seemed realistic.  I did like them talking a little bit about their religion. its nice to hear why they do what they do and about their beliefs.  

• Love 4

I guess Lydia did not work out.  Odd that he had her sitting in on the birth and then she bailed.  I felt sorry for the first and second wife, especially the second wife giving birth and feeling fat and unattractive.  They were all so beautiful though.  Enoch has it made!

Edited by Momof2boyz
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Adira said:

Definitely agree!  This show looks much more authentic than Seeking Sister Wives.  I find it interesting how well the Morrison wives get along - I wonder if that's because it was really the first wife who basically chose wife #2 to join the family and it kind of seemed like the husband didn't have anything to do with it, haha.

ETA: Do I have the right family for this, haha?

Wasn't Meri the one who first started talked to Robyn at some party, took a liking to her and put a bug in Kody's ear? 

BTW, I am so glad that there is now a forum for this show!!

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Momof2boyz said:

I thought this show was really well-done and interesting - not your typical fame-whore reality-TV trash.  This was originally done as a documentary for British TV and has a very realistic, slice of life feel to it.  You can tell they really believe they have a higher calling.  I liked and sympathized with them.  The women are all beautiful!  Fascinating.

I googled Rockland Ranch so I know things that we haven't seen yet!  If you don't want to know things yet, don't google it!!

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Momof2boyz said:

I felt sorry for the pregnant wife who had to watch everyone's children.  She seemed exhausted!

she was really going through it...sounds like it started from day one, after the wedding. I give her a pass due to how far along, hormones, fatigue...but she also seemed to have some long term slow simmering anger and I don't know if I would want to leave me kids with her if I was a Sister Wife. She just does not seem to want to be there, taking care of them, and those sandwiches??? where not made with love . (I know she is 10 months preg) but DANG. Orange Bread and Cheese for dinner, and she is rolling her eyes at the kids, and cannot call them to "dinner." I wonder if mental health needs are addressed in their religion, or how many women have to suffer through post partum depression. Or in her case post third wife depression?

• Love 5
14 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I'm not sure how I feel about them blasting rock or building in or on that beautiful area. But the families seem interesting and I agree they seemed realistic.  I did like them talking a little bit about their religion. its nice to hear why they do what they do and about their beliefs.  

I agree...I would like the women to talk more as well about their perspective. I hope that is coming. IT is interesting, the Brown Wives hardly ever speak of their religious commitments to their family structure...I though they did in the beginning, but now??

• Love 3
7 hours ago, WaterSpirit said:

I think I missed this, unless this was a promo for the season or next week?  I remember seeing two women and conversations about potential impact to current family. 

They are in next week's episode, and there is a fourth family that ia not introduced yet either.  I believe they were Abel's brother's wives and now he is expected to marry them!

I just don't get why she signed on for it at all. She knew she was coming in as third wife. What did she think was going to happen? Does she think the other two wives' sloppy seconds are all she deserves? Did she think that coming on board as the young hot wife with net her some extra attention from big daddy? Its hard to see her so exhausted and beaten down, but its also hard to muster up much sympathy for her. She knew the score. Why does any woman settle for this? 

• Love 5

Hopefully, she is just having a rough time while pregnant and she'll be ok. 

In this type of polygamy and the Browns and Dargers, I believe it's choice they made to live plural marriage.  Some hold to a religious conviction (very few) and they do it for that reason or it's a cultural thing.  The FLDS and those like them are a mess and I believe fit the requirements to be called a cult.   http://andynaselli.com/sociological-characteristics-of-cults   

On 3/16/2018 at 5:10 PM, crgirl412 said:

I googled Rockland Ranch so I know things that we haven't seen yet!  If you don't want to know things yet, don't google it!!

Literally stopped reading this thread to go google, lol... 

Not a spoiler - here's a short YouTube video of a house tour. I think these houses are gorgeous! The rock ceilings! Maybe a little claustrophobic though... 

Edited by B3cky50
  • Love 2

I like these people better than any of the other polygamists I've seen on TV.... But I still can't help but notice how consistently unattractive polygamist men are, but almost always manage to snag beautiful wives. 

• Love 4

Rockland Ranch is home to a unique community of Fundamentalist Mormons, many of whom partake in a Plural Marriage lifestyle. Enoch Foster is expecting his 17th child with second-wife Lillian and has begun wooing a third-wife, 25-year old Lydia.

Abel Morrison has three wives and 11 children.  His third wife, Marina, is pregnant, and second-wife Beth begins to harbor resentment toward their relationship. 

On 3/17/2018 at 10:49 PM, B3cky50 said:

I like these people better than any of the other polygamists I've seen on TV.... But I still can't help but notice how consistently unattractive polygamist men are, but almost always manage to snag beautiful wives. 

I take this back after seeing tonight's episode (which may have been a repeat) Cary Knecht is dreamy lol.... And his wife looks 20 years older than him. 

Even though he's monogamous for now. 

But here's why I like this show. It's SO REAL. So much realer than Sister Wives or Seeking Sister Wife - -  the 3rd Morrison wife gives birth and wife #2 IS NOT HERE FOR THAT. 

"I've done that sh&*t a million times....." Lmaooooo.

Yassss girl. 

Edited by B3cky50
  • Love 14

These people are nuts and wife #2 has major issues. I would have major issues if I had to watch all those kids under 10.  Stressed out, pill popping and checking out of the situation.

Wife #3 - I don't understand what did she think? That Abel would leave the first two for her? 

These people are just crazy for the sake of religion.  There is a reason why these arrangements just do not work.

• Love 9

Hopefully I set up the episode threads correctly.  I understand this series has aired before in the UK but I’m going by TLC for the info.  I missed last weeks episode but I’m looking forward to this series! 

1 minute ago, greekmom said:

These people are nuts and wife #2 has major issues. I would have major issues if I had to watch all those kids under 10.  Stressed out, pill popping and checking out of the situation.

All those kids yelling at each other and wife #2 just checking out was the most realistic portrayal of this type of family that I’ve seen yet.  I love how everyone just seems downright miserable and it’s not sugar coated like some of the other plyg series on TLC. 

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, Christi said:

The title of this thread...do ya'all really think the wives like each other? I don't believe it for one second

Not after seeing tonight's episode. Wife #2 is not having it. 

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Christi said:

The title of this thread...do ya'all really think the wives like each other? I don't believe it for one second

I’m watching this show for the first time tonight. And I don’t think they like each other very much!

• Love 7

I mean...Ive never seen a plyg show where the wives actually do like each other...may just take an episode or 2 to show the cracks.

Not sure why they keep throwing plygs at us...all the women are MISERABLE

• Love 5

Among the other things that bother me: what gives these men the right to have three or four wives and deny four other men the opportunity to get married? Maybe those guys want a wife, kids and planet too! It’s all ego driven.

• Love 8

Third wife Marina looks completely miserable. The second wife, whose name I can’t remember, also seems miserable. I’m not judging their lifestyle. If that’s what they want to do, then great. But I’ve yet to see any plural family where everyone seem happy and content. 

• Love 12
51 minutes ago, Christi said:

Wives #2 and #3 seem completely miserable.  I don’t know what Marina (#3) thought she was getting into when she agreed to be wife number 3 but she’s clearly not cut out for it. And I think Beth is right behind her in the misery department. First wife Suzy is the only one who seems happy. 

• Love 11

Abel Morrison seems pretty checked out. He’s chilling on the couch while his toddlers are running around falling into things, outside jumping rope while two of his wives sink into depression. He seems to just procreate and uh....that’s about it. And yeah, it’s super gross that he calls his wives “the girls”. 

• Love 20

I went down the rabbit hole on FB... I googled the brother that died and then found his wives social media sites. 

Spoiler

The don't marry his brother, but the one looks to be engaged again to a younger very attractive man.

PicsArt_03-18-11.57.54.png

PicsArt_03-18-11.58.39.jpg

• Love 2
Spoiler

They do NOT go to live with their husband's brother. Looks like Annazella (who is stunning) is still single, and Melinda was engaged to be remarried this past February.

I found this social media. Start looking through their pics and friends and it's a who's who of polygamy. 

PicsArt_03-18-11.57.54.png

PicsArt_03-18-11.58.39.jpg

PicsArt_03-19-12.04.49.png

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Cara said:

I’m watching this show for the first time tonight. And I don’t think they like each other very much!

No they don't like each other at all!  Maybe we need to change the topic name!  Wife #1 is the only one that seems happy.  The others are miserable and hate each other!  Wife #3 hates the whole situation and hates her life!

Edited by Momof2boyz
typo
  • Love 6

Marina seems really immature. I get that jealousy is going to be an issue with these relationships, but to openly sabotage the other wives' time with their husband is just awful. 

Beth does seem miserable. I think it's partly because SHE'S largely the brunt of Marina's tantrums AND she's often the one watching all the kids. I only have 3 kids and I've totally had moments where I've had to go outside and take a minute. I can't imagine.....

I don't know how to feel about Abel taking his brother's wives. I can see him wanting to honor his brother's request. And I can see the brother asking, because he knows he can trust his brother. But what really bothers me is the idea that someone NEEDS to take them. If my husband died, I'd have a rough go of it for a bit, but my immediate reaction wouldn't be, "Oh, better get another husband to take care of us!" And I'm a SAHM. But, no. That part is just weird. 

Do Jim's wives still go to his planet? Or would they go to Abel's? I don't get it. 

They didn't show any of the family who got dissed by their prospective 3rd wife did they? 

But we met a new family...some dude named Cary and his teenage daughter wants to court. Just like the Duggars - you better watch that hand holding, mister! At least he allowed a full frontal hug? 

• Love 9

Why can't Abel marry his brother's wives (since they aren't legal anyway) and just put them up in houses close to him and help them out when they need it? Why does it have to become a sexual thing, adding them to the rotation?   Better yet, just put them up in houses close by and don't marry them.

• Love 10
13 hours ago, Christi said:

I mean...Ive never seen a plyg show where the wives actually do like each other...may just take an episode or 2 to show the cracks.

Not sure why they keep throwing plygs at us...all the women are MISERABLE

Agreed. I don't know why TLC insists on all these plyg couples.  They all just HATE eachother.  I see first wife the only happy wife because she is the legal one.

TLC - give me a show about polymorous and thruples. 

I saw too many commercials on TLC for the revamped Trading Spaces. Hmmm going back to their roots?

• Love 1

I only saw the first show; haven't caught up yet. But I can't tell if the network is trying to push the narrative that these women are happy, okay, & this is all good in their world, or, that they just *think* that & are trying to make everyone else believe it yet it's obvious they are not happy, so viewers can shake their heads & watch a train wreck.

• Love 1

So, based on reading the articles referenced in the 2013 Sister Wives Blog article about Rockland Ranch*, Melinda and Enoch are sister and brother (not sure if they have the same mother). 

If she DID end up marrying her deceased husband’s brother (and I’m not sure yet what, if any, further relation the Morrisons (original edition) have to the Fosters, but that has got to loop that family tree closer into a wreath.

*which I realize now required no further sleuthing than reading her name, as she goes by Melinda Foster Morrison, so, duh, but this does explicitly state that Melinda is one of Bob Foster’s daughters (and Enoch, his son, as well as the official “leader” of the community since Bob’s passing. And, though I do think it comes off as the case in the portrayal so far**—I don’t think it’s been explicitly stated nor did I get the sense they had, or at least wanted to overtly state they had, an actual “leader,” so that was interesting to me. 

**(but also conceded that could be the editing or even just my own timeline bias, as they were given the central focus first, with my expecting to have the series center around them with the other families and individuals introduced in the premiere remaining in supporting roles, and was [pleasantly] surprised by the sudden shift to the second epi’s centering on the [ofAbel ... and girls] Morrison family (while still including other community members as it fit organically.

Sort of like the Chicago Fire, PD, Med, and Law shows... I know TLC has some network mandate that all shows must have a variant of Giant Husband, Three Little Sisterwives as not only its premise but its title, but I really think Chicago Polygamy (or, hey, just Rockland Ranch ... if only half of the ten families there are [currently?] polygamists, and we’ve seen three (of 5?) so far (plus the monogamous couple who are “totally” on the same page about being/not being open to polygamy), and they’re: one, a would-be 1H-3W except the “courted” one figured out that having two pretty SWs (and, I’m sure, a husband who is “beautiful on the inside”) wasn’t enough to get her past the lack of aesthetic attraction to ... that face... of Eunuoch (Sorry, I’m 11), so: One Husband, Two Wives (aka, why did we just waste six weeks on the BS of Seeking Sisterwife, when we just got what I actually believe was a fairly real story of it, in ten minutes (which is about as much content as Seeking had, stretched out over 360)butanyway; two, we have the ofJim Morrisons here: prior to his passing, a great band, sry, wrong JM***, another One Husband, Two Wives grouping (now No Husband, Two Wives, who may or may not add on to another in-community family, together or separately); and three, only the ofAbel Morrisons who are actually One Husband, Three Wives, and supposedly AS The Widows are in the immediate grief of the loss of their husband (and two of the ofAbel wives are both showing the levels of anger and resentment wrt the “changes” of adding the third wife ... four years ago that Meri and Janelle Brown held for twenty years but took like seven seasons to acknowledge on air) 

(all of these Rock families cut to the chase quick, eh? The Browns and the-won’t-be-back-SeekingSisterwives Peeps are like yo, slow down, don’t you realize that you could string TLC along for at least two full seasons on what you’ve packed into each episode? You could go on TLC package trips, take part in some planned wedding vow renewals, get that courting daughter’s wedding covered, have her have her baby in a coliseum, and make enough money to blast out some space for McCaveMansions in the Grand Canyon when you lose your lease for being FELONS, but you gotta slow this shit down. Maybe there’s a fake therapist you could stick in one of your rocks to prevent progress? By then, one of your eleventy kids, statistically, will be sure to have a crummy-but-fairly-common medical condition you were “keeping private” but now can trot out to exploit. Seriously, no bankruptcies AND you’re this bad at playing TLC? What is this crap? Do you actually practice what you preach or something?), they’re considering adding in The Widows, because Jim really wanted Abel to have and care for his stamp collection and wife collection after he died. I don’t think it’s gonna happen, but if so, it’d  be One Husbo, Five Wives, and (unless another title-fitting family is about to pop out of the rockwork next week), there’ll be nothing about the title that fits, unless you assume that it actually starts with, Minimum Coverage Charge to Get to Heaven (With Your Own Planet) is....

***Sorry, but between Jim Morrison here, Jim Jones on Marriage (but not marriage actually: family) Boot Camp: Reality Stars (wrt “stars”: see our commitment to the definition (literal, not the practice thereof) of “marriage”, who I think is a rapper or someone I’m supposed to know and then is was on another show (qualifying him as a “reality star”) that I’m also supposed to know, but I know of neither; I only know of People’s Temple/Jonestown, and, intellectually, I realize there are a hundred trillion people probably named Jim Jones, but I still recoil every time I hear it and start thinking y’all worried about Amber in dat house? You got a drugged-out megasuicidecult leader chilling next to you, refusing to drink any of Dr VJJ’s and Dr. Shit’s Kool-aid. ‘Cause He Has His Own. And, then, because life in my head would be better as a musical at all times, I first read “Bob Foster” and was thinking “Bob Fosse,” so, I keep waiting for The Beautiful Wives to drag some chairs out on stage rocks and do some suggestive dancing as they can venison for their three.point.five years of apocalypse-in-waiting or however that works. (That I also grew up in a county—across the country, and pretty much the polar opposite wrt religious and social norms—with the same name as the ranch also kind of throws me every time I hear it).

• Love 1