Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E15: Deductions

• Start Topic

I'm conflicted-- I really hate Roman for what he is, a terrorist and cold blooded killer, but man, he is also quite the bad ass ! Took out all those ex-Mossad guys without even breaking a sweat ! David Morse better kill him before "Tom" kills him. There's no way he wants his daughter falling for a guy he knows is bad. Or maybe he does, he's crazy as hell also.

• Love 2

The CIA is gross. How much more can Zapata take? I’m appalled she think she all of this is okay.

Crawford is as crazy as Roman. The shit is going to hit the fan once he finds out who “Tom” really is.

I enjoyed this episode, but am a little disturbed about one thing. I was really hoping Roman had organized the kidnapping - really don't want him falling for that Blake female - so I was annoyed when it came out that Hank was the one who'd organized the kidnapping. Oh well  I guess they needed to do something to show how ruthless Hank is. 

What an action packed episode. This season is far better than the previous 2. Glad I stuck with the show.

I do wish they merge the storylines soon because it continues to feel like 2 separate shows.

The minute Hank poured the scotch, I was thinking it was poisoned because Roman had mentioned his fondness for tieing up loose ends. Too bad Hank was just messing with Roman. The irony if Roman died the same way he killed the real Tom Jakeman.

Could do without the dumb Avery storyline. Obviously it’s not going to go well for Jane, Weller or Avery.

Poor Cade! I guess death better than being locked up away forever.

Edited by snuffles
  • Love 4

Right away I thought Roman's scotch was poisoned too, and wondered why Hank's scotch was already poured. I wanted Roman to do a "Hey! Look over there!" and switch the glasses. That would have been fun.

So Avery's dad ... how did he get Jane pregnant anyway? Is he an old boyfriend or what? I was hoping the dad would be Tree Guy or someone cool. Plus how does everyone know that's Avery's dad? And Jane is Avery's mom? Did I miss the DNA Ancestry.com test?

I do like Weller and Jane getting along. He's not such a dick this season. But still, I'd be all for an All Roman All The Time series. I'm not a fan of him getting all attached to the Blake woman though. She looks like every woman who has ever been on The Bachelor. Just ... no, Roman.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 1

I felt really sorry and nervous for Crawford "joking" with Roman about poisoning his drink. Don't mess with this man in any way! The look and laugh from Roman was telling (I thought he was going to stab him with a pen). 

The report states: Avery's father killed himself. Now his body is going to wash up with bullet holes in it to contradict the report. Why would the killer bring this back?

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, saber5055 said:

So Avery's dad ... how did he get Jane pregnant anyway? Is he an old boyfriend or what? I was hoping the dad would be Tree Guy or someone cool. Plus how does everyone know that's Avery's dad? And Jane is Avery's mom? Did I miss the DNA Ancestry.com test?

Show's just confusing at this point. We know Avery is Jane's daughter (IIRC Patterson did the DNA testing) but we have no idea about bio-Dad. The 'Dad' Jane and Weller were talking about this episode, the one who killed someone for Crawford and the one Nas was talking about last episode, was Avery's adoptive Dad. 

Edited by MissLucas
  • Love 3

I think that this season is definitely the best one. Making Reade in charge - and stopping the focus on his drugs/abuse - was a smart move. Roman having a plot separate from trying to kill Jane was also a smart move. I like Rich Dot Com a lot. I was on the verge of giving up on this show last year. Glad to see it has improved. 

• Love 1
On 17/03/2018 at 2:25 PM, mxc90 said:

I felt really sorry and nervous for Crawford "joking" with Roman about poisoning his drink. Don't mess with this man in any way! The look and laugh from Roman was telling (I thought he was going to stab him with a pen).

I was really hoping that Roman was going to just slam the rest of his drink after hearing it was poisoned. That would have established some badass cred right there.

On 18/03/2018 at 4:53 PM, LisaM said:

I think that this season is definitely the best one. Making Reade in charge - and stopping the focus on his drugs/abuse - was a smart move. Roman having a plot separate from trying to kill Jane was also a smart move. I like Rich Dot Com a lot. I was on the verge of giving up on this show last year. Glad to see it has improved. 

One thing I really appreciate this season is that there is much more humor in the show, the previous episode having some great examples (like Patterson's Breakfast Club hallucination, I was howling and I'm not even a fan of that movie!). When this show started it was trying to be the angstiest angst that every angsted and it took itself way too seriously. Rich Dotcom definitely lightens the mood and it's great to see some of the other characters lightening up as well.

• Love 5

Totally knew that Crawford would end up being behind the kidnapping, but I didn't know what his endgame was for it.  Basically a way to get closer to this Bruce Davison character.  I wonder if he and his son will be back.  As for Roman, taking out all of those former Mossad agents was badass, but he is really slipping a bit with the whole drink moment.  Even though it ended up not being poisoned, past Roman would have been way more cautious.  I worry that his feelings for Blake are really messing with his head. Hopefully this little "prank" will be the wake-up call he needed.

Case/tattoo of the week was mainly just a way to show that the CIA are dicks.  CIA Ron Rifkin (good old Arvin Sloane!) is a dick by letting on his agents die, therefore it turns CIA Carly Pope into a dick, by murdering a bunch of agents for revenge.  And then there is Keaton who keeps being shade, and screws over Cade again, and drags Zapata into it.  How much more can she take?

The Avery stuff is still dull. 

• Love 1
(edited)

1. SLOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANE!

2. What a waste of Ron Rifkin though. He didn't even get to kill Quinn.

3. Count me in on wishing Roman had had Blake and the smarmy dude kidnapped to endear himself to Crawford. It seems like Crawford ought to have been able to come up with a better plan A for insinuating himself with Jean-Paul.

4. The Avery plotline was and continues to be a terrible idea.

5. I felt a little bad for Cade but it has always irritated me through watching several of these type of shows that apparently terrible people can get a deal and end up roaming the streets again in exchange for some vague hints.

6. Which brings me back to SLOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANE!

Edited by Beatriceblake
  • Love 1

Still trying to figure out Roman's endgame here.

He's cozied up to Crawford, who's the Big Bad (funder of Sandstorm, corrupter of the FBI, worldwide tentacles into just about everything evil) and insinuated himself into Crawford's operation--even maneuvering Crawford into killing Victor for perceived disloyalty (thanks to a cellphone switcheroo) and to what end?

Roman's the one who put the tattoos all over Jane, which in turn lead to Crawford and also led to Sandstorm and now he's in the middle of Crawford's op. 

Can't figure out what's going on. Would really like to know.

• Love 1