Type keyword(s) to search

Howard Stark: Iron Dad

(edited)

Dominic Cooper might actually be enough to keep me away. The man redlines my smarmanometre every. Time. (I realize this probably puts me in a tiny minority.)

Edited because "minority" and "majority" aren't the same, derp!

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 1

He's on her side. I want to see them interact! You cannot tell me it won't be cool! 

And if he's smarmy, more the better, as long as he's doing his science. Do the science, Howard!

• Love 1

If they can't get Domenic Cooper Stark, I would love it if they could do some kind of of flashforwards and give us more of John Slattery Stark. I mean Slattery is going to be looking for a new job soon, and his Howard Stark was one of the best things about Iron Man 2.

He's Tony Stark's father.

Moving Tony Stark from Vietnam to Afghanistan did mess up the timelines. Howard being a WWII vet who was not frozen in ice makes him an old papa to young Tony

Moving Tony Stark from Vietnam to Afghanistan did mess up the timelines. Howard being a WWII vet who was not frozen in ice makes him an old papa to young Tony

It's not too big of a leap. Robert Downey, Jr was born in 1965, so let's just say that Tony Stark was as well. Howard Stark was a wunderkind like Tony, so we can fanwank just a bit to put Howard in his late 20s during Captain America: The First Avenger. That would be a bit under 25 years between that movie and Tony's birth, placing Howard in his early 50s when Tony came along, which isn't unheard of at all. And if Howard was a playboy when he was younger, I can certainly see him waiting until later in life to settle down with a younger woman.

And I mean, look at RDJ -- he's about to turn 50, and I wouldn't peg him as too old to have another child. Some people just age slower.

Edited by kennyab
  • Love 1

Alec Baldwin is 56 and expecting a baby with his current wife. 

For me, the difference is between Cooper and Slattery's physicality. Don't get me wrong, both are fun guys to watch. They are roughly the same height, but Cooper reads, to me,  as a little shorter and more broad, while being muscular.  Slattery reads as tall and wiry, but not as muscle-y. Both make sense because one is the younger version.

I'm just glad we get Howard at all!

When I saw the name "Stark" in the episode descriptions, I immediately thought: "Stark"??? As in Iron Man? As in RDJr? But it looks like he is unlikely to appear: http://www.cinemablend.com/television/Robert-Downey-Jr-Ever-Guest-Star-Agents-H-I-E-L-67714.html

--unless, of course, the show is a huge phenomenon.

Well, the main reason Tony Stark is unlikely to appear in Agent Carter is of course because it is set years before he was even born...;)

• Love 1

Well, the main reason Tony Stark is unlikely to appear in Agent Carter is of course because it is set years before he was even born...;)

Oh. Right. Well, a little thing like time travel shouldn't stop anyone. ;) Edited by shapeshifter

It's not unheard of. Remember that Oona Chaplin is 28 and she's Charlie Chaplin's granddaughter.