Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E16: Profiles

Jaded
  • Start Topic

The Intelligence unit looks into a series of bombings that targets people who work for the media; as the team races against the clock, they turn to Firehouse 51 to help examine some devices in order to prevent another attack.

(edited)

I don’t like the order of the shows this season. It makes crossovers like this weird. I hope they go back to CFire, CPD, CMed next season.

My favorite moment was when Platt came back to the station and said if anyone asked her if she was okay again, they wouldn’t be okay. Burgess immediately stood up when she saw her and Platt has to mouth to her that she was really okay before Burgess relaxed. There weren’t any words spoken between the two but it was indicative of how close they’ve gotten and I loved it.

Episode was good overall. I look forward to the conclusion tomorrow.

Edited by doLLish
  • Love 5

The guy getting blown up when he opened his mailbox was awesome. Glad I wasn’t drinking a beverage at the time.

Antonio needs to buy a dozen more of that skin tight shirt he was wearing. ?

16 minutes ago, doLLish said:

I don’t like the order of the shows this season. It makes crossovers like this weird. I hope they go back to CFire, CPD, CMed next season.

I would love all of the shows on the same night.

• Love 2
(edited)

You bastards! You blew up Trudy!

8 hours ago, doLLish said:

My favorite moment was when Platt came back to the station and said if anyone asked her if she was okay again, they wouldn’t be okay. Burgess immediately stood up when she saw her and Platt has to mouth to her that she was really okay before Burgess relaxed. There weren’t any words spoken between the two but it was indicative of how close they’ve gotten and I loved it.

My favourite part of the episode, too. Followed closely by the "Burgess. Burgess! ... Everyone: don't key your radios, don't touch your phones. We're evacuating the District now!" scene. Platt's awesome.

Of course Antonio doesn't actually even try to apologize to Mark the Angry Security Guy. Ucch.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 4

If Wolf hadn't touched on this subject with Detective Lupo on Law & Order I would think this was a guided missile aimed at a already dead Wisdom Of The Crowd. It seems weird for the take down of the murderer to happen on Chicago Fire and with Chicago Justice gone and Mr Stone back to New York no court scenes. I guess part 2 might have a Chicago Med cameo.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Sandman said:

You bastards! You blew up Trudy!

My favourite part of the episode, too. Followed closely by the "Burgess. Burgess! ... Everyone: don't key your radios, don't touch your phones. We're evacuating the District now!" scene. Platt's awesome.

Of course Antonio doesn't actually even try to apologize to Mark the Angry Security Guy. Ucch.

I think we'll see more of the angry guy in Pt. 2, and/or later on. I think the incident will be coming back to bite the intelligence squad. Interesting how Jay Halstead had sympathetic vibes for the guy almost from the beginning.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Raja said:

It seems weird for the take down of the murderer to happen on Chicago Fire and with Chicago Justice gone and Mr Stone back to New York no court scenes.

Stone is still in Chicago.  He's done one or two cameos. But probably no court room drama.

3 hours ago, watcher1006 said:

Interesting how Jay Halstead had sympathetic vibes for the guy almost from the beginning.

And equally interesting, I think, is the way that Jay's empathy for the guy seemed to fall on deaf ears where Antonio (and to a certain extent Voight) was concerned. They seemed to dismiss Jay's viewpoint because they saw him as being soft on a fellow vet.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

The guy getting blown up when he opened his mailbox was awesome. Glad I wasn’t drinking a beverage at the time.

Antonio needs to buy a dozen more of that skin tight shirt he was wearing. ?

I would love all of the shows on the same night.

Amen to more of those shirts. ;)

I don't think all shows can be on one night - none of them want the 8 o'clock time slot. There are still a bunch of rules about what can't be said and shown before 9pm.  PD for sure could never be that early - too much gore and profanity. 

1 minute ago, Vicky8675309 said:

I don't watch Chicago Fire or Chicago Med. Will the conclusion of this episode be on one of those shows or will it be next week on Chicago PD?

The conclusion is on Chicago Fire tonight. 

• Love 2

I can't believe that was PD's 100th episode, and that they forced us to watch Fire to see the 'conclusion'.....so nice that the cast of PD got together to celebrate their milestone. If that was meant to feel seamless.....it was a bit fat fail.

It's a pity, I actually really enjoyed PD's episode last night, the Fire part was a big let down tbh. I hope TPTB got the prop up for fire they were desperately chasing. I am sure those PD fans who tuned in just to see the conclusion will tune right back out next week.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Guildford said:

I can't believe that was PD's 100th episode, and that they forced us to watch Fire to see the 'conclusion'.....so nice that the cast of PD got together to celebrate their milestone. If that was meant to feel seamless.....it was a bit fat fail.

It's a pity, I actually really enjoyed PD's episode last night, the Fire part was a big let down tbh. I hope TPTB got the prop up for fire they were desperately chasing. I am sure those PD fans who tuned in just to see the conclusion will tune right back out next week.

I thought it was a decent conclusion, and a fitting way to bring it full circle considering that PD was born out of Fire. Everyone from Voight to Atwater to Halstead were on Fire first. 

• Love 2

Chicago PD is my favorite of these shows. I just wish they change out the opening on Hulu that shows Sophie Bush. I don't miss her at all.  Chicago Fire is ok when they show as little of Gabby as possible.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I thought it was a decent conclusion, and a fitting way to bring it full circle considering that PD was born out of Fire. Everyone from Voight to Atwater to Halstead were on Fire first. 

I didn't hate it I just don't think it in any way celebrated PD's 100 and the hard work those actors did to get to 100. I mean they could have had a scene at the end in Molly's where they were all there having a drink, would that have been too much to ask.

As a regular cross over it would have been one of their best, just not fitting for PD's 100 imo. 

Did we even see Al, Platt & Atwater in the 2nd half?

I don't watch PD at all just Fire and I wanted to see if there were any scenes with Mouch freaking out when the explosion happened and I admit, I thought that would have been a bit more interesting to see then they could have shown the detectives. 

I felt bad for the first guy who got arrested and thought he should have been given an apology. 

On Thu Mar 08 2018 at 8:12 AM, babs1226 said:

Stone is still in Chicago.  He's done one or two cameos. But probably no court room drama.

Young Stone is on SVU's opening credits and name dropping old friends in Chicago since replacing  their previous ADA who resigned after in the post Winter Olympics episode