Type keyword(s) to search

Whedonverse Mafia

• Start Topic

I agree with this. While I will concede that we, as heroes, can choose to use inactivity as part of how we come to a decision I'd hesitate to base my vote only on that when I have no real confidence that the villains would hold to that agreement. 

If someone, as a HERO, is choosing inactivity as part of how you play, why the hell are you playing?

• Love 3
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If someone, as a HERO, is choosing inactivity as part of how you play, why the hell are you playing?

I agree, caprice, but I also agree with Lisin that it shouldn't be the only basis of voting, especially when no one knows that the Villains will stick to it.    

I do think that one DL for someone who's added literally nothing (I'm sorry, but really, nothing?!) to the thread in order to find out if the Villains will do it is worth a shot.  

• Love 2

I just meant that I wouldn't trust the villains would actually follow the agreement, and that it shouldn't be our only matrix to use to decide who to vote for.. I find it equally suspicious if someone is only chiming in to defend themselves and offer up a new target without any merit. Which would "count" as participating. 

ETA: The coyotes thing didn't immediately bring up any recognition for me, but I will look into it. I do love researching things. :)

Edited by Lisin
  • Love 2

So, still nothing on the coyotes, I promise I'm looking. But here was how D1 ended.

3 to No DL (BizBuzz, caprice, Lady Calypso) 7 to hush
10 to DL CuriousParker (Oinky Boinky, Drogo, Jesse, Dougal, Lisin, Spruce, egavasc, SilverStormm, photo fox, ANONYMOUS).
2 to DL JayKay (CuriousParker, MarkHB) 8 to apparently confuse everyone

I do find it mildly curious that the player to start the DL against CP is also our Slayer, who was then slain. 

• Love 2

I do find it mildly curious that the player to start the DL against CP is also our Slayer, who was then slain. 

That's all I'm saying.  

And based on your earlier post about MarkHBLisin- it's not surprising that he and I are CP's "suspects."  

• Love 1

Well, if I'm dead toNight you've got your answer ;) for real though, I am willing to flip flop. I want to get this right! I'd be really sad if I lead the charge against a hero! 

The only thing I come up with WRT coyotes is this, this, and this, but honestly I'm not loving any of them... especially since the last one could point to two separate people which I assume the mods wouldn't do. 

• Love 2

My head... it hurts...

As a hero, I totally agree with DLing silent players, especailly in the absense of a solid clue.  I just don't depend on the villains to do the same.  First, because they're villains.  Second, because they haven't actually agreed to do it - which of course they can't do openly - so they wouldn't even be reneging.

So I don't disagree with switching to TMunzper se.  But the reasons I've seen to vote for CP seem solid, and I don't see voting that way as breaking an agreement, because we don't have an agreement.  But I'll switch if that's the consensus.  I don't want to risk failing to DL anyone.

• Love 3

I originally voted for CP and stand by that DL as a good move, based on her two-kill status and the same-night Buffy kill.  I don't mind switching back to it whatsoever. 

I really started the DL for TMunz tonight to see if participation really was the reason for a sudden group of "not posting enough" votes.  Seems like there's more to it.

**I've had a rough day... My King of Disparate TV contender has been losing to stupid Star Trek all day.  It's throwing off my equilibrium.  

• Love 1

My head... it hurts...

As a hero, I totally agree with DLing silent players, especailly in the absense of a solid clue.  I just don't depend on the villains to do the same.  First, because they're villains.  Second, because they haven't actually agreed to do it - which of course they can't do openly - so they wouldn't even be reneging.

So I don't disagree with switching to TMunzper se.  But the reasons I've seen to vote for CP seem solid, and I don't see voting that way as breaking an agreement, because we don't have an agreement.  But I'll switch if that's the consensus.  I don't want to risk failing to DL anyone.

This. I agree. With that I must say good night to you all because I am tired. I will be back in the morning! 

• Love 2

My head... it hurts...

This seems fair. I can't seem to find any viable clues at this point and I haven't really been swayed by any other arguments. If enough people wan to switch I'll happily join, but we can't not try to find a villain on day 2. We heroes are starting to dwindle; we can't afford to miss an opportunity to take out a villain.

1 to DL BizBuzz (Machiabelly), 8 to buy a Brown Coat

6 to DL CuriousParker (Lisin, Photo Fox, Dougal, Jesse, Athena, egavasc), 3 to finish what the Slayer started

3 to DL Athena (BizBuzz, SilverStormm, CuriousParker), 6 to see if anyone wants to join a game play based lynch instead of a clue based one.

2 to DL TMunz (Drogo, caprice), 7 who are ready to do some weeding

• Love 2

I was gone all day taking my nephew to Bangor (I thought I had told someone, then realized I had... I had told a non-player and one of the game mods, so that's no help).  I'll likely be gone a good chunk of tomorrow (Sunday) as well.  And through all of this, I am still a hero.

I am unconvinced of the "if the Slayer wasn't a two-kill, no one is" logic.  And I still think that the Night story told us that CP is that seemingly heroic Paul person who was mentioned.  My vote in D1 was simply to contribute towards getting us the extra time; I wasn't a big fan of the D1 DL, and I wasn't sure if the mods would count voting for the No-DL towards the total for continuing discussion, so when it looked like the lynch on CP was likely to go through I switched off her to keep my vote in play.  The DL of CP was completed shortly after that, though, so it didn't get us much more in the way of discussion.

General observations: If I were a villain, taking out the person who drove a lynch against a hero to throw the heroes off the scent would be a reasonable play.  And (again, if I were a villain) I would never agree to the "gentlemen's agreement" that was mentioned; inactive players are a potent weapon for villains as they increase the total votes needed to complete the DL while rarely showing up to vote.

The coyotes thing I am not sure of; "the bus" is an in-show term for the AoS jet.

7 to DL CuriousParker (Lisin, Photo Fox, Dougal, Jesse, Athena, egavasc, Machiabelly), 2 to finish what the Slayer started
4 to DL Athena (BizBuzz, SilverStormm, CuriousParker, MarkHB), 5 to fight wisdom with violence

• Love 4

I was gone all day taking my nephew to Bangor (I thought I had told someone, then realized I had... I had told a non-player and one of the game mods, so that's no help). 

Hey, guys? MarkHB said he's going to be out all day Saturday. FYI.

• Love 7

I was gone all day taking my nephew to Bangor (I thought I had told someone, then realized I had... I had told a non-player and one of the game mods, so that's no help).  I'll likely be gone a good chunk of tomorrow (Sunday) as well.  And through all of this, I am still a hero.

I am unconvinced of the "if the Slayer wasn't a two-kill, no one is" logic.  And I still think that the Night story told us that CP is that seemingly heroic Paul person who was mentioned.  My vote in D1 was simply to contribute towards getting us the extra time; I wasn't a big fan of the D1 DL, and I wasn't sure if the mods would count voting for the No-DL towards the total for continuing discussion, so when it looked like the lynch on CP was likely to go through I switched off her to keep my vote in play.  The DL of CP was completed shortly after that, though, so it didn't get us much more in the way of discussion.

General observations: If I were a villain, taking out the person who drove a lynch against a hero to throw the heroes off the scent would be a reasonable play.  And (again, if I were a villain) I would never agree to the "gentlemen's agreement" that was mentioned; inactive players are a potent weapon for villains as they increase the total votes needed to complete the DL while rarely showing up to vote.

The coyotes thing I am not sure of; "the bus" is an in-show term for the AoS jet.

7 to DL CuriousParker (Lisin, Photo Fox, Dougal, Jesse, Athena, egavasc, Machiabelly), 2 to finish what the Slayer started

4 to DL Athena (BizBuzz, SilverStormm, CuriousParker, MarkHB), 5 to fight wisdom with violence

MarkHB please stop sneaking into my brain and stealing my thoughts...I had the exact same thought occur to me a while ago re the villains making CP appear guilty because that would be a great plan and one that looks to be working so far!! :O

Also, I agree on the 'if Buffy wasn't a 2 kill no-one is' logic being very dodgy...I know mods don't always follow in-show logic and like to surprise us, because honestly, to give Buffy merely a mason role as opposed to being a protector/investigator or any kind of active power, is just as illogical as giving the 2 kill to someone else imo, yet that is exactly what they decided to do.

• Love 3

I can't for the life of me understand why a villain (or SK or *whatever*) would purposely remain silent at this point. The deadline would have been up if it weren't for the discussion today, and it seems crazy that a villain would shrug off all this shade.

But that's sort of the point, isn't it? All of this and we still have no idea what we're dealing with. Athena might even be fibbing, but we're able to consider and deliberate on her statement. So whether the villains go with it or not, a hero doesn't just stand idly by while we tear our hair out. So can someone please add me to the TMunz vote? My phone kills my browser when I try to format the list correctly.

I'm willing to switch over to somebody else if we can't get a DL otherwise but I'd rather vote while I've got the chance tonight.

• Love 2

3 to DL TMunz (Drogo, caprice, JayKay), 6 who are ready to do some weeding

Per @JayKay 's request.

• Love 2

Any particular reason you left quiet players SVNBob (last post: Thurs. night/2am) ... off your list?

Maybe in part because Biz has learned (or observed) my usual posting schedule is between midnight and dawn daily.  I do work nights, so me posting during daylight hours (in the US) is an outlier.  Plus I'd exhausted all that I had to say before that with my theories on the anonymous vote, and was reading through all the rest of the opinions until now.

Looking at the votes as they are, I'm tempted to join in on the Athena DL.  Primarily because I'm fairly certain 2 Heroes are in on that one.  The other 2 I'm still uncertain of.  So me in on that one would make 3 Heroes for certain by my reckoning (which is only good for me, and I know is suspicious to the rest of you; even the actual Villains.)

But I do agree with the prevailing wisdom in eliminating the silent.  I have noticed that this is Tmunz's usual strategy.  Say little, and typically just vote without comment.  And it worked to great measures in the last game.  (Seriously, very well played in the GoT game Tmunz.)  But it always leaves the rest of us little to work with.  So I'll join that vote for now, with the usual reservation that I may change my mind. 

But there is a mistake on all the DLs.  Since were at 18 players, we still need 10 to complete a DL.  Majority is needed and that's half +1, not just half.  So the corrected standings, including my vote are:

7 to DL CuriousParker (Lisin, Photo Fox, Dougal, Jesse, Athena, egavasc, Machiabelly), 3 to finish what the Slayer started

4 to DL Athena (BizBuzz, SilverStormm, CuriousParker, MarkHB), 6 to fight wisdom with violence

4 to DL TMunz (Drogo, caprice, JayKay, SVNBob), 6 who are ready to do some weeding

• Love 3

Sorry I haven't been participating. Real life's been kicking my ass this week.

I thought it was obvious that CP was Paul Balard and a hero with an extra life. I really don't see the logic in voting for her. All DLing her would accomplish is taking out someone who is very likely one of the good guys.

I'm not sure about either Athena or TMunz, but I do see the need to vote somebody out. And since, like I said, voting for CP would be foolish....

7 to DL CuriousParker (Lisin, Photo Fox, Dougal, Jesse, Athena, egavasc, Machiabelly), 3 to make a big mistake

5 to DL Athena (BizBuzz, SilverStormm, CuriousParker, MarkHB, Spruce), 5 to maybe accomplish something

4 to DL TMunz (Drogo, caprice, JayKay, SVNBob), 6 to pick on the little guy

• Love 3

Oh hey guys! Wow, 75 replies since I last checked? You guys got busy! Ok, reading up what everyone else said....

You guys do make valid points, but I do think that CP isn't a villain and he could be this Ballard person from the day story. I didn't watch Dollhouse, but I assume he's a hero? Either way, it could make sense and I just feel like CP isn't evil. Actually, I'm pretty sure CP is Ballard, a lot from the re-reading of the story. So I really think looking at other options would be better, if I had any clue as to who the villains could really be.

Although I do not know exactly who it is, I'm going to go with my gut, despite being terrified of being wrong, and voting for someone.

7 to DL CuriousParker (Lisin, Photo Fox, Dougal, Jesse, Athena, egavasc, Machiabelly), 3 to make a big mistake
6 to DL Athena (BizBuzz, SilverStormm, CuriousParker, MarkHB, Spruce, Lady Calypso), 4 to maybe accomplish something
4 to DL TMunz (Drogo, caprice, JayKay, SVNBob), 6 to pick on the little guy

Edited by SilverStormm
Amended incorrect DL numbers for you.
  • Love 3

Good morning all!

So, after sleeping on this, and coming back to even more discussion ... it looks like we might have a bit of a dilemma.

Sunday night TV for a lot of us is MUST SEE from 8-11pm Eastern ... I feel like we need to come to a conclusion before that happens because a lot of us would like the chance to relax and watch without pressure.  Well, at least I would.  ::giggle::

I think it's pretty clear that CP is not the villain most of you that are voting for her think she is.  I could very well be wrong.  If some of us don't change our vote, we are going to arrive at a stale mate, and this day will be for not.  Only one person hasn't voted, and surprise that is TMunz.  

The way I see it ... it's going to be a battle between Athena and TMunz, so all that voted for CP, in my eyes, would need to consider an alternative vote.  Being that the vote for Athena is winning by two at the moment, I don't feel comfortable changing my vote to someone that has less votes ... however, if the vote for TMunz increases, I will reconsider.  

• Love 1

Okay, having slept on it. ...

6 to DL CuriousParker (Lisin, Dougal, Jesse, Athena, egavasc, Machiabelly), 4 to make a big mistake

6 to DL Athena (BizBuzz, SilverStormm, CuriousParker, MarkHB, Spruce, Lady Calypso), 4 to maybe accomplish something

5 to DL TMunz (Drogo, caprice, JayKay, SVNBob, photo fox), 5 to end the silence

• Love 2

Real life got extremely busy. But, this is rather an impossible position. If I speak I am condemned. If I stay silent I am damned. So now that I am home and can post:

6 to DL CuriousParker (Lisin, Dougal, Jesse, Athena, egavasc, Machiabelly), 4 to make a big mistake

7 to DL Athena (BizBuzz, SilverStormm, CuriousParker, MarkHB, Spruce, Lady Calypso, TMunz), 3 to maybe accomplish something

5 to DL TMunz (Drogo, caprice, JayKay, SVNBob, photo fox), 5 to end the silence

• Love 2

General observations: If I were a villain, taking out the person who drove a lynch against a hero to throw the heroes off the scent would be a reasonable play. And (again, if I were a villain) I would never agree to the "gentlemen's agreement" that was mentioned; inactive players are a potent weapon for villains as they increase the total votes needed to complete the DL while rarely showing up to vote.

This makes a lot of sense... AND unless her bio is leaving info out, Buffy couldn't have known who she was voting for on Day 1 so the "finishing what Buffy started" argument is moot.

I think those currently on the CP DL should reconsider their votes unless something further comes up.

Also, I would like to make a plea to the show watchers to be more present with their knowledge early in the Day. We spend a lot of time discussing clues which turn out to be story.

• Love 1

I still have no idea why I am being targeted other bad timing on posting. I voted for CP because Lisin's post made sense at the time. But by the following posts...

The way I see it ... it's going to be a battle between Athena and TMunz, so all that voted for CP, in my eyes, would need to consider an alternative vote.  Being that the vote for Athena is winning by two at the moment, I don't feel comfortable changing my vote to someone that has less votes ... however, if the vote for TMunz increases, I will reconsider.  

Real life got extremely busy. But, this is rather an impossible position. If I speak I am condemned. If I stay silent I am damned. So now that I am home and can post:

An eye for an eye, TMunz (Sorry!). I am not going down without a fight:

5 to DL CuriousParker (Lisin, Dougal, Jesse, egavasc, Machiabelly), 5 to make a big mistake
7 to DL Athena (BizBuzz, SilverStormm, CuriousParker, MarkHB, Spruce, Lady Calypso, TMunz), 3 to maybe accomplish something
6 to DL TMunz (Drogo, caprice, JayKay, SVNBob, photo fox, Athena), 4 to swan away.

• Love 1

Now I am skeptical of nearly everyone!

I get the argument that CP=Ballard=hero. And the character had enough shenanigans that a two-kill makes some internal sense. But having the person who led the DL get killed instead of the target has got to mean SOMETHING, doesn't it?? 

I hate to change my vote just to follow the crowd, and the crowd is pretty divided anyway. I am ready for action! But want to be sure it's the right one.

• Love 2

Welcome to my world....

FWIW, SVN, I find you the least suspicious out of the Inactives because your posts while few and during vampire hours are extremely HELPFUL... for example, the logistics of the Anonymous vote.

Have to admit it's frustrating being on the Actives side of this thing too. You spend days trying to come up with and put forth a good action with little to no feedback, then folks pop out of the woodwork (after Day was supposed to end) to tell you why your ideas are bullshit. ;)

• Love 2

My mind has been changed. Everyone has such good reasoning and I've said from the beginning that I was willing to change my vote, and that I was starting a DL because it appears to get people talking, so because at this point there is a person I trust voting I will amend my vote thusly:

4 to DL CuriousParker (Dougal, Jesse, egavasc, Machiabelly), 6 to make a big mistake
8 to DL Athena (BizBuzz, SilverStormm, CuriousParker, MarkHB, Spruce, Lady Calypso, TMunz, Lisin), 2 to get this done. 
6 to DL TMunz (Drogo, caprice, JayKay, SVNBob, photo fox, Athena), 4 to swan away.

• Love 2

If we are talking about avenging Oinky Boinky's far-too-early demise, why don't we look at what she's had to say?

You know how I feel about no lynches...

1 to DL CuriousParker,(Oinky Boinky) 9 to forestall a stall 

Please people, I don't mind changing my vote if necessary. And I am seriously giving side eye to non contributors. They don't help us at all

I agree it is a curious way to park a car. 

No of course it isn't. I'm talking about non posters. They don't help at all and it is a good way to lay low if the town lets them do that.

It's a great strategy to avoid the early DL or NK (unlike what I do). Games I have been in they are early targets for those two reasons. We know it as flying under the radar. 

Understand about the PB my ex husband and my two daughters watched it so many times I know I have imbued the entire movie from the atmosphere in my house. I am all set for PB mafia. 

Great discussion going here.

Not sure if I understood the new math from the mod which will determine day end. 

It appears the only non poster so far is TMunz. Hey where are you? 

Some people have impressed me, I will support those people, you know who you are. 

I play a much more aggressive form of this game than you all. My history is playing in RPG forums where it is mostly young men with testosterone. None of them knew I was the sex and age to be their grandmother. 

It puts a target on my back. I am going to say my role in this game is not that spectacular but if someone wants to protect me tonight it might be a good choice.  Thanks

Looking at this and recent history, I'll be honest and say that I don't like the fact that all TMunz has offered as defense is to quote Les Miz. Of course, I'm not entirely convinced by Athena, but I do think she has it a little tough in this game since one of the characters is an actual hell-god.

So, the long and short of it, if we are going to avenge our fearless Slayer, shouldn't we be following her advice and removing the person who has had the least to say or even attempt to help the rest of us?

• Love 2

I think I have to agree caprice.

3 to DL CuriousParker (Dougal, Jesse, Machiabelly), 6 to make a big mistake

8 to DL Athena (BizBuzz, SilverStormm, CuriousParker, MarkHB, Spruce, Lady Calypso, TMunz, Lisin), 2 to get this done. 

7 to DL TMunz (Drogo, caprice, JayKay, SVNBob, photo fox, Athena, egavasc), 3 to get to the drunken hugging time.

• Love 2

1. TMunz has posted, here.

If we are talking about avenging Oinky Boinky's far-too-early demise, why don't we look at what she's had to say?

Looking at this and recent history, I'll be honest and say that I don't like the fact that all TMunz has offered as defense is to quote Les Miz. Of course, I'm not entirely convinced by Athena, but I do think she has it a little tough in this game since one of the characters is an actual hell-god.

So, the long and short of it, if we are going to avenge our fearless Slayer, shouldn't we be following her advice and removing the person who has had the least to say or even attempt to help the rest of us?

Quoting myself above to illustrate that Oinky had it wrong at that point when she posted that TMunz hadn't posted; she had.

I still have no idea why I am being targeted other bad timing on posting. I voted for CP because Lisin's post made sense at the time. But by the following posts...

Athena I know for a fact that you are more intelligent than that, you know exactly why you've been targeted as it has been explained quite a few times now.

Now I am skeptical of nearly everyone!

I get the argument that CP=Ballard=hero. And the character had enough shenanigans that a two-kill makes some internal sense. But having the person who led the DL get killed instead of the target has got to mean SOMETHING, doesn't it?? 

I hate to change my vote just to follow the crowd, and the crowd is pretty divided anyway. I am ready for action! But want to be sure it's the right one.

Yes it does mean something; I personally believe it means that the villains decided to kill Oinky as it not only took out a hero but would make another hero - CP - look villainous, so 2 for the price of one essentially! - great gameplay and I suspect some of those villains were or are still on the CP lynch trying to make just that happen. I am also perplexed that when we all were discussing getting rid of silent players that it turned into a BIG debate about who goes first, if both need to go, I don't see it makes all that much difference who goes first, unless the one that seems to have all the defenders, has them for some other reason we heroes are unaware of...just spitballin'. Hmmm.

• Love 1

On sober second thought, I agree, TMunz's gameplay is juuuuuuuuust a bit more suspicious than Athena's....

3 to DL CuriousParker (Dougal, Jesse, Machiabelly), 6 to commit Ballarcide

7 to DL Athena (BizBuzz, SilverStormm, CuriousParker, MarkHB, Lady Calypso, TMunz, Lisin), 3 to commit deicide

8 to DL TMunz (Drogo, caprice, JayKay, SVNBob, photo fox, Athena, egavasc, Spruce), 2 to commit Munzicide

• Love 2

Reading those posts makes me really miss Oinky Boinky.

I miss Buffy too, probably more than most ... that is why it surprises me that it's taking an act of congress to finish this day. I just want her avenged.

• Love 1

I'm with Spruce. I feel like Biz has gone hard against Athena in previous games on little to no evidence and been wrong, though I don't have time to look it up right now.

2 to DL CuriousParker (Jesse, Machiabelly), 7 to commit Ballarcide

7 to DL Athena (BizBuzz, SilverStormm, CuriousParker, MarkHB, Lady Calypso, TMunz, Lisin), 3 to commit deicide

9 to DL TMunz (Drogo, caprice, JayKay, SVNBob, photo fox, Athena, egavasc, Spruce, Dougal), 1 to commit Munzicide

• Love 2
(edited)

We have a DL, folks. Game talk ceases. The game mods will be back at some point. Commence drinking.

2 to DL CuriousParker (Jesse, Machiabelly), 7 to commit Ballarcide
10 to DL TMunz (Drogo, caprice, JayKay, SVNBob, photo fox, Athena, egavasc, Spruce, Dougal, ANONYMOUS), 0 to commit Munzicide

Edited by stacey
  • Love 2

Wow. What the HELLO everyone! I know this is a bar but I've brought two boxes of kittens and puppies for us all to interact with. There may also be some turtles by accident but I'm sure they also enjoy love and attention in their own turtle way.

Cake vodka, straight, barkeep.

• Love 4

Kitties! I so want a kitten....

Are those wetland turtles? I have a couple ponds here that a neighbor and I have been talking about trying to save from development by populating them with turtles....

• Love 3

Wow. What the HELLO everyone! I know this is a bar but I've brought two boxes of kittens and puppies for us all to interact with. There may also be some turtles by accident but I'm sure they also enjoy love and attention in their own turtle way.

Cake vodka, straight, barkeep.

Are these kittens for petting or for poker?

• Love 4