Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E09: 12 Chefs Compete

• Start Topic

Ramsey conducts one-on-one evaluations.

Okay, here we go again with the ridiculous "To Be Continued" crap. Do they really think that this will force us to tune in next week and just hold our breath until then? It just annoys the hell out of me.

• Love 2

I liked Jessica's reaction when she realized she called Ramsey "Gordon".   Could've done without the phone-answering montage afterwards, but it's not like the producers can let anyone seem normal and almost likable for more than half a second.

A tip for others who may find themselves answering Ramsey's questions during a review:  it's probably not a good idea to admit to getting "lost" when the dinner service gets hectic.  It's up there with Homer Simpson answering the "what's your weakness?" question on his job interview with, "Well, I'm lazy and it takes me a long time to learn stuff."

Heh, KW.  "You want to see my gold medal?"  There's no way to say it without someone thinking it sounds a little boastful, but hey, if you've got it, show it.  And she did try to use it to segue to an inspirational remark to the red team, so good on her.

I just knew it would end with To Be Continued… Ugh

Jessica did a lot better on that last challenge than I thought she would… Richard screwed up majorly on the risotto and the old guys never last long so I'm thinking he'll keep Jessica.

What I didn't get about the phone thing was why didn't Ramsay just tell whoever he was speaking to to tell the next person to come in instead of calling on the phone each time? Stuuuupiiiiiidddd

I liked that there was no dinner service. Any change in the formula makes me happy. And I'm not talking about Gordon's constant claims that he's doing something for the first time ever in Hell's Kitchen; I mean actual new things.

• Love 1

I'm all for changing up the format, but I thought this was a pretty boring change and TBC almost always means no one actually going home.

I fast forwarded over the talking in Gordon's office segments. I did enjoy watching the girls fail at volleyball.

I also enjoyed the change from the usual format- yeah the office convos were a tad boring but the challenge between Jessica and Richard was actually exciting to watch (well for me anyway). I hope that he doesn't do that thing where he decides nobody's going home. Way to waste our lives.

Also I found it really dumb when the teams voted Jessica and Richard as the weakest on their respective teams yet during the challenge they were rooting for them and cheering them on as if they hadn't just dissed them earlier. Um. Okay.

• Love 2

I was pleased with editing for not showing either contestant, they usually give it away in previews. Based on the presentation and the mistakes Ramsey noted, I think Richard edged out Jessica, but Richard is an older, heavier, male and Jessica is a young, thin blonde, so my guess is Richard goes. If no one is eliminated, if just proves that the show has run out of steam, something most have noticed this season, and needs to be cancelled.

Jessica needs to go because 1) Nobody cares about your sob story, this is a competition about COOKING not how hard your life has been. and 2) the "Fuck You" she gave to the other blonde woman over the Endive.

Of course my money is on.. neither one of them going home.

Sadly, I also think that both of them will stay.  And I hate the stupid 'to be continued' episodes!!!  I really thought that we might make it through one season without them.  Not to be!

I liked Jessica's reaction when she realized she called Ramsey "Gordon".   Could've done without the phone-answering montage afterwards, but it's not like the producers can let anyone seem normal and almost likable for more than half a second.

And yet he himself has told them (and other casts) to call him "Gordon" when they are outside of the Kitchen.

So, wait. It's okay for Jessica to flip her fish over to cut into the bottom to check the doneness during the challenge, knocking the toast point off the top, but during a dinner service, they have to rely on touch and repeatedly send up raw food? Gotcha. Makes perfect sense to me.