Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E16: Nerd, Wind and Fire

Well, I'd like to see Sly and Flo together. I think they make a cute couple but understand that Sly being a widower would make him reluctant.  I've thought that since she showed up. She's a much better match for him anyway over Walter. That whole subplot between Walter and Flo is almost as unnecessary as the one with Happy being married to Walter to keep him in the country or Cabe's trial. Wow, Scorpion has some really stupid subplots, but I think we know that. At least the Happy and Toby fertility issues one makes sense and we found out the answer..  

Edited by DrScottie
I didn't want to seem like I was comparing Flo vs. Megan
  • Love 5

The jobs get more and more ridiculous. Why couldn't the fire department go up the inside of the structure? Even something as crude as hauling a ladder from floor to floor as they go should have worked. And why didn't the pilot and doctor leave the helicopter right away? It wasn't unstable or anything and if they had left before the fuel spilled everywhere, a spark wouldn't have been an issue. Just.... so unnecessary and ridiculous. 

Sly and Flo would be kinda cute. Ralph was being a bit of a dick, but Walter actually had productive counsel for a change by pointing out that sabotaging others never pays.

• Love 1

Does anyone know why they need the magnets from the MRI machine?

3 hours ago, CoyoteBlue said:

And why didn't the pilot and doctor leave the helicopter right away?

There was a hunk of metal blocking the door, they showed Walter moving it.

53 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Does anyone here know if Florence's influenza elixir would be effective?

I'll use my degree in pharmacology on this one. Yes, it would be effective as Paige was essentially taking high-dose ephredrine. Florence had extracted it from the Ma Huang (Ephedra) plant and added pineapple and peppermint both of which also help with the flu and probably for a more pleasant taste. My concern would be that the concentrated dosage could lead to high blood pressure and a fast heartbeat, but it would work. I'd be a tad worried as this is part of a process for making methamphetamines. I certainly hope they don't go down that route that she's actually running a meth lab next door. Sly would be devastated. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, DrScottie said:

I'll use my degree in pharmacology on this one. Yes, it would be effective as Paige was essentially taking high-dose ephredrine. Florence had extracted it from the Ma Huang (Ephedra) plant and added pineapple and peppermint both of which also help with the flu and probably for a more pleasant taste. My concern would be that the concentrated dosage could lead to high blood pressure and a fast heartbeat, but it would work. I'd be a tad worried as this is part of a process for making methamphetamines. I certainly hope they don't go down that route that she's actually running a meth lab next door. Sly would be devastated. 

That would be hilarious and actually make the show more interesting. Maybe Walter could help her perfect the formula and Sly could help with the distribution network. Toby could be the salesperson ...

5 hours ago, Jack Kerouac said:
10 hours ago, DrScottie said:

I'd be a tad worried as this is part of a process for making methamphetamines. I certainly hope they don't go down that route that she's actually running a meth lab next door. Sly would be devastated. 

That would be hilarious and actually make the show more interesting. Maybe Walter could help her perfect the formula and Sly could help with the distribution network. Toby could be the salesperson ...

Wait.
What?
Oh.
Scorpion Walter (not Walter White).

;>)

They just figured out they had fertility issues that same day. Give the show time to let the characters process that.  Happy desperately wants someone that is related to her by blood that actually wants to be with her.... instead of giving her away like her dad did.  If they take this infertility storyline forward, then I expect  adoption will be raised. Of course, that will be accompanied by hurdles like Toby’s constant state of poverty because of old gambling debts. Happy’s old anger issues, etc. 

I've got to say that I am liking this show more and more all the time. I think it's hilarious. We need a rare battery, no problem, let's just pull one out of a million dollar machine. We need the wind to blow at a certain speed so Walter can jump from one floor and be blown into another floor (an excellent trick if I do say so) up up and away. You all know what I mean. At first I didn't like half the characters but now I really like each and every one, even Ralph. A lot of times it's the little interactions that crack me up the most. I know that even if it's not the best of an episode there will always be something in it that makes me laugh. That's all I can ask for.

• Love 4

I agree Orillia!  When I watched this episode, I really appreciated the little interactions.  Even the progress of the Flo's story to potentially being a story line for Sly seemed more real in how it was handled over the last few episodes. 

I'm starting to be concerned about renewal.  I am finally hooked after 3+ years, and look forward to this show each week.

• Love 2

Every time someone came out with a "language" admonition , it got me. It was almost a throw away line and was effortlessly inserted into whatever conversation they were having. I also really like the Ralph and his crush storyline. It's so true at that age. He might as well be invisible. I just hope they don't screw it up and have Tardy start to like him, That would really be pushing the limits of believability.

• Love 1

So, uh, with the fertility issues...

Wasn't the bond they used for Cabe something over $200,000 + the deed to the garage?

And I have a feeling Scorpion doesn't come cheap - I imagine they are at least $50,000 a job. So 300k is more than enough for IVF. Maybe the rest will go into a college fund for their kid?

On 10/02/2018 at 2:01 AM, bros402 said:

So, uh, with the fertility issues...

Wasn't the bond they used for Cabe something over $200,000 + the deed to the garage?

And I have a feeling Scorpion doesn't come cheap - I imagine they are at least $50,000 a job. So 300k is more than enough for IVF. Maybe the rest will go into a college fund for their kid?

Paige said at the start of the episode that they used the bail money to pay bills and get back in th black. So Toby and Happy got what was left over. IVF alone can run up to 100 grand easy. Plus they might have to harvest Toby's sperm which can be expensive on its own.

I have to say I like that they made it Toby who has the issue.So many shows make it seem like a female issue but male infertility is just as common. In fact Toby being older (the actor is over 40 so I would assume Toby is around the same age) makes him at a higher risk for these types of issues.

9 hours ago, Emily Thrace said:

Paige said at the start of the episode that they used the bail money to pay bills and get back in th black. So Toby and Happy got what was left over. IVF alone can run up to 100 grand easy. Plus they might have to harvest Toby's sperm which can be expensive on its own.

I have to say I like that they made it Toby who has the issue.So many shows make it seem like a female issue but male infertility is just as common. In fact Toby being older (the actor is over 40 so I would assume Toby is around the same age) makes him at a higher risk for these types of issues.

Ahh, I wasn't paying attention at the start and I thought she said "he last few jobs...we're in the black now!"

Yeah, making it Toby with the issue was a good move. If they had said Happy was the one with fertility issues, that'd just be another trope on this trope filled show... which is unusual, you think they would've made Happy have the issues with fertility. I'm surprised Walter doesn't have the team design some magic device.