Type keyword(s) to search

This Never Gets Old: TV Shows You Can Watch Again And Again

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Also, ORIGINAL RECIPE Hawaii  Five-0 for the opening and closing credits (the latter from season 3) alone. And Jack Lord.

My mom maintains that "Hawaii Five-0" had the coolest opening theme song ever :). 

Edited by Annber03
  • Like 10
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

My mom maintains that "Hawaii Five-O" had the coolest opening theme song ever :). 

Your mom is right. On top of the glorious Ilikai Hotel. That is why my family stayed there one year.

• Like 2
  • Love 4

I really like all the "farm" shows put out by the BBC, Victorian Farm, Edwardian Farm and Wartime Farm.  They also made a few other series with a similarish theme, Victorian Pharmacy and Full Steam Ahead.    Anyway I enjoy them all and will happily sit through them on the rare occasions they show up on TV.  Edwardian Farm for some reason is the only one that made onto DVD for North American audiences so that has the edge in terms of how often I tune in!

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Ceindreadh said:

She's not wrong!  I've had it as my ringtone for the last 15 odd years.

I mean, how can you NOT start dancing and bopping when you see and hear this:

I discovered that James MacArthur wasn’t the original Danny-the app aired the pilot LAST. So glad that Danny was recast as the pilot version wasn’t that great. And didn’t have the earnestness that James had.

• Like 4

Game of Thrones/House of Dragon also have very cool openers.  Plus they’re very re-watchable.

My favorite finale opener, because it doesn’t have a regular one, is ‘Carry On Wayward Son’ in Supernatural, because...it’s Kansas.  Also, another rewatch able show.  Hubby’s& I are on our second go through.

Other favorite rewatchables, MASH, ER, Criminal Minds, Hawaii 5-0 (2.0), TBBT, Guy Fieri’s Diners, Drive Ins & Dives, Chicago Fire, Stargate, X-Files, Lucifer

On 2/2/2018 at 6:09 AM, Bunty said:

Here come the Brides (Bobby Sherman :)

Except for me, it’s David Soul.

RIP Robert Brown (recently deceased)

Edited by roamyn
  • Like 4
On 11/18/2019 at 8:55 PM, janie jones said:

The Hallmark Channel has a block of The Golden Girls followed by a block of Frasier in the evenings.  Every year I can't wait for Christmas to be over so that this returns instead of the dumb holiday movies.  (Yes, I know I can stream them in various places, but it's not the same, to me.) 

Yes, we just had the switchover, thank goodness.  I watch the late night GG/Frasier/Cheers/Reba.  Sometimes I switch over to Old Christine on TVLand. 

• Like 5
On 1/6/2023 at 6:39 AM, bluegirl147 said:

During the beginning of the pandemic I would watch Golden Girls each night before going to sleep.  There was so much anxiety in the air I needed something to relax me.  GG is viewing comfort food.

You were not alone.  It's no coincidence summer of 2020 is when GG won GOAT (Greatest of All Time) in this site's awards (the Primetimers).

• Like 4

ER, up to a certain point. I consider the end to be when Carter leaves the main cast. I watch a few episodes from there (like less than 10) and then I just go to the last season. 

I’m going to throw in another vote for The Golden Girls. Since I’ve been laid off I put it on during the day sometimes while I’m job searching and it really just makes me feel a little happier. Plus since it’s a sitcom I don’t think too deeply about it like I do dramas. All the girls bring something different that I appreciate and they have great chemistry.

SVU I feel like I do about ER. It stopped being good around S18 or 19 but I will play older episodes on USA and ION ad nauseum. 

• Like 4

I go through phases. I love All in the Family for example, but GetTV was showing so many episodes a day and cycling through it so fast that I got burned out on it. At some point I’ll be ready for it again. The Waltons is another one like that - I love it but I will break from it for a while.

The Brady Bunch.

I Dream of Jeannie

Bewitched (Dick York)

Eight is Enough (though I can never find it)

Frasier (Agreed that it’s held up better than Cheers. I only really like the first 6/7 seasons of Cheers, and I’ve seen those seasons an awful lot).

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Elizabeth Anne said:

Offhand I can't think of any dramas that I rewatch

For me, it's that I'm less likely to just watch an episode here or there of a favorite drama than a favorite comedy; going around the dial and coming across one of my old favorites in syndication, it's more likely I'll decide to sit there for any random episode of a comedy, where with a drama it might have to be one of my favorite episodes.  But when I decide to do a full series re-watch, I'm just as likely to pick a drama as a comedy.

• Like 6

Growing up with 6 channels and PBS there was always I Love Lucy on. Today the original Law & Order will be okay if nothing else shows up on a search for content.

As outliers because they are so hard to find when they do show up James Caan's Las Vegas and Third Watch

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Raja said:

Growing up with 6 channels and PBS there was always I Love Lucy on.

Yes, which was quite frustrating to me as one of the ten people in America who doesn't like that show.

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
6 hours ago, Raja said:

Growing up with 6 channels and PBS there was always I Love Lucy on. Today the original Law & Order will be okay if nothing else shows up on a search for content.

As outliers because they are so hard to find when they do show up James Caan's Las Vegas and Third Watch

Just for info, I found Third Watch on the Roku channel ( assuming you do streaming ; ( you don't even have to have a Roku device, I added it on my Fire tv unit ). I've only watched a couple of episodes, though, just too may things to do ! I last watched the series a long time ago, though, so with the exception of  a couple of big storylines, I think most of it will be like new to me. When I watched the 1st episode, I found I didn't remember much of it at all !

• Useful 2
On 1/13/2023 at 1:09 AM, RealHousewife said:

The Office

Seinfeld

I'm not into rewatching dramas. I prefer to laugh.

I am the exact opposite.  I like comedies, but for me the re-watch value just isn't there.  I think I've re-watched fully Brooklyn 99 and maybe Happy Endings and Playing House.  More typically I will watch select episodes of my favorites.

But dramas have my heart.  Lord knows I am no fan of dark gritty dramas (I do admit I think Breaking Bad is just excellent tv) but before they took over our tvs, there were a lot of lighter dramas and genre shows.  David E. Kelley's entire 90s oeuvre threaded that needle.

Meanwhile I think I've re-watched Leverage (the OG) like 5 times all the way through. 

EurekaPsych and Freaks and Geeks are super fun re-watches all the way through.

And then I'll do select seasons of some others, like the first three seasons of Fringe, Person of Interest, Killjoys, Scandal, Justified, Endeavour, and Alias.

I would LOVE for some gone too soon shows to appear on streaming like Wonderfalls and Big Shots (the one with Dylan McDermott (or maybe it was Dermot Mulroney), Michael Vartan and Nia Long.)

At some point I plan to re-watch Queen's Gambit.  I watched it during Covid lockdown binge fog when I watched so. many. shows.  So I think I want to do a re-watch to take my time and savor it a bit.

• Like 6
10 hours ago, ABay said:

There are dozens of us!

Oh, thank God. I've always got looks and comments about how I could I not like I Love Lucy when I tell people I don't like I Love Lucy. It's nice to know there are others. I like Lucille Ball and loved in Yours, Mine and Ours. 

• Like 4