Type keyword(s) to search

Complete Series DVDs: Which Do You Have?

• Start Topic

On 1/19/2023 at 8:33 PM, Bastet said:

I was hoping a boxed set with special features of Grace and Frankie would be released after the show ended, but not only has that not happened, the final season hasn't even been released yet.  If they never put that last one out, leaving me just with seasons one through six, I will be pissed.  

I'm still mad that the last two seasons of Agents of SHIELD were never released on DVD. I'm a completionist! I have seasons 1-5 and rewatch them all the time. I want those last two seasons to complete my collection! Bah humbug.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
On 1/28/2023 at 3:25 AM, bmasters9 said:

Bumping this up again: Emergency! (70s NBC medical/action series w/Fuller, London, Troup, Mantooth, Tighe et al.).

I also bought the 'Emergency!' series recently at WalMart, but haven't had a chance to watch it yet.  I never missed an episode when they were first airing in the '70s (as a young teen, I had a crush on Randy Mantooth!).

Around Christmas, I treated myself the the complete series 'The Librarians', and hope to give it a binge-watch soon.  I really liked the series, it reminded me a little of 'Eureka', 'Warehouse 13', and the like. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, BooksRule said:

I also bought the 'Emergency!' series recently at WalMart, but haven't had a chance to watch it yet.  I never missed an episode when they were first airing in the '70s (as a young teen, I had a crush on Randy Mantooth!).

I started seeing mine the first day I got it (starting with the second go [1972-73]); of course, that day, or one of the days immediately following, was when I discovered that one of the discs was bad (that being the fourth disc of the sixth go (some of the episodes from 1977). I didn't try to return my purchase though, because I had grown up around WalMart store policy being that if it was an opened DVD or game or similar (even if to only check for damage), you could not get a refund; that has probably been the case ever since.

• Like 2

There aren't a lot of series which I've purchased on dvd, but there are a few: Firefly, I, Claudius, 800 Words, and I recently purchased The Last Kingdom since they look at me weirdly when I keep getting it at the local library. 

There are a few other shows where I have one or two seasons, for various reasons.  And I have the first 3 seasons of Game of Thrones but couldn't afford it when season 4 came out and haven't managed to get seasons 4-8.  I do intend to get the rest someday, although I will only purchase season 5 for completion's sake because THAT is the season which mostly sucked, not season 8. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, proserpina65 said:

I do intend to get the rest someday, although I will only purchase season 5 for completion's sake because THAT is the season which mostly sucked, not season 8. 

I agree. Oh my God why was Dorne so boring? LOL 

I also love I, Claudius! I watched it for the first time several years ago--my late uncle recommended it to me--and I loved it so much that I immediately purchased my own copy and then preceded to rewatch it twice in a row before I could move on. I still rewatch it every couple of years. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Zella said:

I agree. Oh my God why was Dorne so boring? LOL 

That storyline had so much potential but it went nowhere fast.  The minute they decided to eliminate it being the only part of Westeros to allow the eldest child, no matter the sex, to inherit, I should've known it was doomed.

Yes, I, Claudius is just fantastic.  My best friend and I reference things from it all the time, even after all these years.  (And the eye candy!  Oh my!)

• Love 2

The Bonanza complete series set is finally scheduled for release May 23. They've been releasing individual seasons for several years now - a new season every couple years - but this will be an entire series set with a lot of extras.

I've been buying the individual seasons and have 1-11 out of 14. They are also releasing individual seasons 12,13, and 14. I'm trying to decide if I'm anal enough to need the entire complete set in one package or if I should just complete my collection with the individual seasons.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
(edited)

More than I want, now. Some I’d get instead of cable stations. Buying one show usually better than the subscription.

The commentaries on Futurama are worth the price of admission.  I don’t own the simpsons, except for season 1, but the commentary tracks are great. They are smart, funny people and talk about so many details you don’t notice. 

Edited by Affogato
  • Like 4

Cool topic. I never realized this thread existed. 

I only own two complete sets of DVDs.

The West Wing, which seems to be a popular choice here. I purchased the seasons individually as they were being released. 

Ally McBeal, which doesn't seem to have shown up on anyone else's lists. 😢 I have the boxed set of all five seasons of this Emmy-winning, David E. Kelly created gem.

• Like 4