Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E03: Kim & Matt

Tara Ariano

On 1/17/2018 at 8:03 PM, MinorL said:

“Can I go for a run?”

Kim has to be one of the weirdest people on this show ever, and that’s saying something. 

(Side note: I got pretty excited because I saw my office building in the background when Kim went for her run.)

Hi fellow Sacramentan! Kim lives around the corner from me in Midtown and my apt building was prominently featured several times in the background lol. I was like Nev and Max were right here and I missed them noooooo. Not to mention the guy from the episode before was in Sac and they met up at Miller Regional Park a mile away. 

• Love 1
On 1/26/2018 at 12:49 PM, Jen Marie said:

Kim wants to be a surgeon?? WAY too twitchy. 

What she has in mind may be more on the lines of liposuction or other plastic surgery, although it may take the pressure off if she got a job working on dead people.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, Plopsy said:

What an absolute nut job, and one of the most cringe-filled Park meets ever.

OK, does anyone else imagine that one of these days, they're going to be ambushed in the park, or in a house, someone behind the door will put a gun in Nev's back, and an arm around his throat.
'Twould perk up the show.

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, auntjess said:

OK, does anyone else imagine that one of these days, they're going to be ambushed in the park, or in a house, someone behind the door will put a gun in Nev's back, and an arm around his throat.
'Twould perk up the show.

An incident like that is not without precedent. On the show Cheaters, the host Joey Greco was stabbed by one of the cheaters they ambushed. They stepped up security on the show after that. There have been claims that it was all staged though. At this point, I don’t think Catfish is above doing something similar. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, auntjess said:

A sniper in the park is always my expectation. 

• Love 4
14 hours ago, auntjess said:

Producers want the sense of danger because they figure viewers will be drawn, rather than thinking "idiots". There was an episode where guest Charlemagne advised Nev against following a catfish into his house (it wasn't a good neighborhood). That comment was part of the promo.

• Love 2
On 1/22/2018 at 4:56 PM, Angeleyes said:

Interesting post by Kim’s sister Sonya on Facebook. She seems to confirm things we’ve known all along like the use of Air BnB’s and providing the parties with transportation to get to where they are taping. It sounds like Kim and Joe’s relationship is very volatile, which is sad for Norma. Sonya said that Kim’s mental issues have been there from a young age and I’m sure drug and alcohol use by Joe and Kim in addition to that probably contributes to all the fights. I hope Kim gets the help she so obviously needs, but it doesn’t seem likely at this point. Sonya said that Kim is on SSI, has never held a job, has only recently got her GED and is not in college. It’s pretty shady that the show talked Kim into deleting photos of her child on social media to further the storyline. I’m sure it’s not the first time they’ve done something like that. 

Thanks for the update. I still had this on my DVR and watched the rest of it after reading all the comments. I had to see her “go for a run” and Matt’s expression. What I could see of it, that is.

I was really waiting for the WTF look from Max and Nev when she said she’s studying to be a surgeon. I knew that was bullshit right there.

I doubt she could ever hold a job of any kind at this point.

• Love 1

This is a public post from FB from the sister (mentioned above) and it took me a while to find it. Linking to their page would leave you digging for an hour (I have a kidney stone and am WIDE awake...):

To those who watched Catfish, season 7, episode 3: I apologize on behalf of my sister and how she made my family look.

So, #catfish, #maxandnev, #nevandmax
Let's break this shit down!

I am Kim's sister in real life guys! So sit back, and buckle up for this crazy reveal.
This episode was (obviously) scripted and staged. Very BADLY. Let's make it a list. And let's start with the horrible time line.

1. You guys tried to say they've been talking for 5 years. 5. But then when they meet for the "first time" he tried saying he was there for her when our mom died. Well, sorry to say, our mom died 8 years ago. So that doesn't add up. And that leads me to

2. Kim tried saying after our mom died that she got into alcohol and drugs. That's bullshit. She was 12 when our mom died. Now don't get me wrong, she did actually go to juvie a couple times and get locked up in mental health a couple times. But none of that has to do with our mom dying. She was crazy like this while my mom was still alive.

3. He knew she had a daughter. Everyone knew she had a daughter! Max and Nev had her delete all the photos of her daughter off social media because, lord, what a twist a kid would be! Exploit my niece for $1,000. Great parenting.

4. The house she was living in was rented by Catfish. She's not had a stable place to live since moving out of our dad's house because she's always causing trouble. Same with the car Joe was driving. Rented by Catfish. He has no car.

5. Her and Joe HATE each other. They're your stereotypical baby mama/daddy drama couple. But it was like that even when she was still just pregnant with Norma. They were always calling the cops on each other for assault. They both would drink/smoke around Norma. Sure Kim is crazy, but they made Joe seem like your down to earth daddy, and he isn't. He's just as bad of a parent as she is.

6. She doesn't go to school. She didn't even actually finish high school until a couple months before filming. And she's on SSI. Hasn't had a job in her life. So don't know where the fuck that bull came from. As well as that, the new "boyfriend" at the end was just a guy paid to do that part of filming. She had never even met the guy before that.

7. This one PISSED ME OFF. She tried to say our dad disappeared after our mom died?? Like, WHERE THE HELL DID DAD GO, KIMBERLY? Cause I lived with him for another 4 years after mom died, and so did you. Don't try and make him the bad guy for your shitty publicity act.

8. Her, Matt, and Joe already all knew each other. Matt and Joe hate each other. Matt and Kim have snap chatted for years and seen each other's faces plenty of times. They used to video chat constantly and he's sent her multiple pictures.

9. I have NO AFFILIATION with this bullshit. Yeah, sadly, she's my sister. But know that I was embarrassed the entire time I watched this train wreck. I'm getting married this year and now I'm debating not inviting anyone who knows the both of us because holy shit. I just.. wow. I'm so disappointed in her, in the show, in Max and Nev, and anyone else involved.

Rant fucking over.

• Love 9

I literally do not understand how this much altering has to be done. For the smallest of things. Twisting the truth is like their favorite sociopathic hobby. They could never make it as real reporters. I've realized they scrape the bottom of the barrel because people like this girl are the only ones who will go along with their unethical changes. 

I don't want to enable this show. Sorry, not show, this scam. The equivalent of watching paint dry while a robber pickpockets you. MTV is getting ad revenue for broadcasting a static screen.

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, AfterwardsTV said:

I literally do not understand how this much altering has to be done. For the smallest of things. Twisting the truth is like their favorite sociopathic hobby. They could never make it as real reporters. I've realized they scrape the bottom of the barrel because people like this girl are the only ones who will go along with their unethical changes. 

I don't want to enable this show. Sorry, not show, this scam. The equivalent of watching paint dry while a robber pickpockets you. MTV is getting ad revenue for broadcasting a static screen.

And to top it off, this episode was terrible. Probably the worst episode of the show ever, or at least top two. 

• Love 2

I hate to split hairs on craziness, but the sister seems as out there as Kim. She says in point 6 that Kim "had never even met the guy before that," then says in point 8 "Her, Matt, and Joe already all knew each other. Matt and Joe hate each other. Matt and Kim have snap chatted for years and seen each other's faces plenty of times. They used to video chat constantly and he's sent her multiple pictures." Or did she mean that an actor played the part of Matt? I'm not feeling like she's a reliable source...

"And to top it off, this episode was terrible. Probably the worst episode of the show ever, or at least top two. "

Totally agree with this.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, ForReal said:

I hate to split hairs on craziness, but the sister seems as out there as Kim. She says in point 6 that Kim "had never even met the guy before that," then says in point 8 "Her, Matt, and Joe already all knew each other. Matt and Joe hate each other. Matt and Kim have snap chatted for years and seen each other's faces plenty of times. They used to video chat constantly and he's sent her multiple pictures." Or did she mean that an actor played the part of Matt? I'm not feeling like she's a reliable source...

"And to top it off, this episode was terrible. Probably the worst episode of the show ever, or at least top two. "

Totally agree with this.

I took #6 as referring to the guy they showed Kim sitting with outside during a voice-over of her video check-in at the end - Kim claimed that he was someone she had "friendzoned" but now they were seeing each other. It was just a brief appearance and the guy didn't speak.

Edited by Gothish520

Hey, Sonya here. Kim’s sister. No one ever reached out to me which is pretty sad, because I’ve got a lot to say.
Yes, they rented that house for her. Same with the car Joe was driving. Matt knew about Norma. Kimberly never did drugs or drank but she is a bipolar off her meds and she does smoke weed to the point she panics if she doesn’t have any. Our dad has been in our lives since day one. He never went anywhere. She did go to Juvie for kicking a cop in the nuts. That’s sadly true. She’s not the brightest. It did nothing to set her straight though. She also was detained in a mental health facility twice. 
For everyone saying “take her kid and give her to Joe” please god no. Joe is an angry alcoholic and the reason they split up is because he would drink and hit her. Neither of them should have custody of Norma. My father (who, again, was always an active part of our lives) should have custody of Norma. He’d take good care of her.
 Let’s see.. yes, she was paid a whopping $1k for the embarrassment and humiliation she gave to our family. She used my mother’s death as a means to get sympathy (she said he had helped her when my mom died but the show said they only talked for five years and my mom had been dead almost nine years by that point).

There’s tons more but it’s been a while and I only just found this article so I don’t know if anyone will ever even see it. If you have questions feel free to search for Sonya Jade Bolas on Facebook. My face should be proof enough that I’m her sister. Tragically, we look very similar. But I have actual pictures of us together if that isn’t enough.

Thanks. Bye.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1