Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E03: Show Me the Vegetables!

58 minutes ago, Superclam said:

Wow, I can't believe they broke up the twins! 

You and me both. I did crack up at the way everyone reacted when they had to play against each other in that stupid game, you would have thought they had been challenged to dueling pistols.

And a shiver went up my spine when Skylar made a remark about their own show, just say no, Food Network.

I love Lilly, though. She's like a cartoon character come to life.

And Steven's marriage ended because his wife realized he was gay, right?

• Love 4

The other twin will be back.  I'm convinced that's why they had a non-elimination this week, so they could have unbalanced teams that will have to be corrected with a returnee at some point.  

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Maverick said:

The other twin will be back.  I'm convinced that's why they had a non-elimination this week, so they could have unbalanced teams that will have to be corrected with a returnee at some point.  

This was definitely in the back of my mind. No one is truly "gone" until the season is over. 

I don't think Lily is adorable.  Her slow, arm chugging trot is calculated to be cute.  I would like her to stick around since she is quiet character, though.

Shatima is a cliche requisite in each season and can go anytime. 

I could go on but @backformore covered everyone's role in another episode thread very well. 

The games at the begining are entertaining.  I have skipped a few seasons so maybe this isn't new. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 1

They definitely have a cast of "characters" that they try to mold the contestants into.  Every season there is at least one nerdy/goofy guy, a good looking guy with limited understanding (either not too bright or limited English), a ditzy woman, an older woman who is "in love" with the male chef, a hipster (usually a woman).  Plus, there are a number of scatterbrained and/or messy contestants. A woman who thinks she is a princess an a man who is hoping cooking fixes his love life as common, but perhaps not every season.  

However, this season, they seemed to have toned down the characters a bit and the contestants seem less coached.  Therefore, I am actually liking this season better than the last few.  

• Love 1

Shatima and Lily can both go home yesterday. Both of their stereotypical crap is beyond tired. I am also not fond of the weirdo balloon artist (mostly because I suspect they have told her to amp the "weirdo" up to eleven). And I hate it when they include schtick of Anne flirting with one of the male contestants.

Edited by jcbrown
7 hours ago, Wings said:

I don't think Lily is adorable. 

Thank you, because I don't either.  Her constant mooning over Tyler has tranformed from mildly cute in Episode 1 to completely grating and annoying at this point.  Reminds me of that contestant some years ago that did the same thing with Bobby Flay.  

• Love 1
On 1/22/2018 at 3:39 PM, Carolina Girl said:

Thank you, because I don't either.  Her constant mooning over Tyler has tranformed from mildly cute in Episode 1 to completely grating and annoying at this point.  Reminds me of that contestant some years ago that did the same thing with Bobby Flay.  

The season Robert Irvine was on, there was a contestant whose "schtick" was that she had a crush on him. So, yeah, I think it's a role they're assigned to play. I mean, Robert Irvine? He's seriously ugly.

And this week the twins mention boy scouts again. They are more than 5 years past boy scouts. I have two sons (not twins) who also achieved Eagle scout rank.  It was an achievement, but then they went on to college, careers, relationships. Being in your 20's and constantly making references to "as a scout, I learned..." Is weird and pathetic. "Former boy scout" is not a career.

Edited by backformore
  • Love 2

This was the episode that caused me to delete the show from the DVR. I'm just so bored with it.

I'm also so squicked out by the older lady crushing on the younger male chef. If it were the other way around it would be uncomfortable (some grandpa constantly hitting on Rachel Ray) so why is it somehow okay when it is a little old lady? And I also agree with Anne fawning over the hot young male chefs. While I know being a lesbian doesn't mean you can't appreciate the attractiveness of a male, it is still weird. 

• Love 4