Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E01: Dead Guy in Room 4

• Start Topic

I wasn't a huge fan of the dead body plot itself (mostly the whole "let's force the guests to come to the lobby for an hour so no one will see the coroner" stuff) but it was worth it for the other characters' reactions to the news.

So how long before Ted hooks up with Alexis? Will it be before or after he breaks up with Heather? Love that Alexis remembers Heather as the lady who wanted Ted to wash her cat.

• Love 5

I enjoyed the episode overall but also was annoyed by the dead body plot. In what world does anyone not immediately call 911 if they find someone who does not appear to be breathing? Only in the sitcom world. And yeah, holding everyone hostage in the lobby was ridiculous too. Other than that, though, I loved it. David and Patrick are awesome together, I can't wait to see Alexis and Ted hook up, and Moira was her usual fabulous self. I wish I could imitate her "accent". I've tried many times and always fail miserably.

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, momofsquid said:

In what world does anyone not immediately call 911 if they find someone who does not appear to be breathing?

I know, right? Instead they just freak out and then Roland knows a guy. And OF COURSE Roland knows a guy!

Small moments that cracked me up: Stevie asking if she looked like a coroner and Alexis’s response, Moira blatantly taking stuff from David’s store with the justification that she bought overpriced cheese the previous week (and her treat yoself response to the scone she requested), and Patrick’s reaction to David insisting he call him a nice person. None of those things were necessary for the plot but they were all so funny and so true to the characters. 

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Like 1
  • Love 11

Not sure what it says about me, but I'm good with cinnamon buns and vodka. 

Loved the whole sequence with Alexis and the vet but I do prefer them as friends.

Find Patrick and David boring. 

Moira was great, Roland was great.

Why is the motel suddenly full? They should have explained that.

Overall great ep, better than I was expecting.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, cleo said:

Not sure what it says about me, but I'm good with cinnamon buns and vodka. 

How very ... Scandinavian of you. :D

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's not a Patrick/David fan. David is such a character and Patrick is "normal." There are some times when it seems to me that Patrick is laughing at David. (Which could be the actor not being able to keep a straight face around Dan, but still.) I honestly liked David/Stevie because they're both a little weird and it works for them. I hope we at least get more friendship scenes of them together this season.

• Love 8

I find David/Patrick to be good because Patrick is normal and that's what seems to balance them out. You could argue that Johnny is the straight man to Moira, Ted to Alexis, and now Patrick to David. I'm sure Patrick has some weird in him (as does Johnny and Ted) which makes them compatible but having two weirdos in a relationship (like David with that photographer guy) won't work most of the time. 

• Love 13

I think one of the reasons I like them so much is that it's more complicated than "jaded/experienced vs naive" or "weird guy vs straight guy".  Patrick was introduced in a scene where he confidently ran circles around David, threw a fair number of sparks his way, and closed with "here's my business card--you're going to need to call me".  He's easily kept up with--and often trumped--David's trademark barbs.  Other than one moment in  their season-ending scene in the car he's been the one to initiate/drive the relationship and it's tone.  David, on the other hand, has been flustered and emotionally guarded, insisting he's not Patrick's type, and avoiding being alone with him outside of work.   His dialogue in this episode makes it clear he is not used to emotional honesty and for people liking him for who he is rather than what they can get from him.  

It's interesting to see how these themes are picked up even in small things like character wardrobe, etc.  

• Like 1
  • Love 17
On 1/10/2018 at 5:32 PM, cleo said:

Why is the motel suddenly full? They should have explained that.

I agree, especially considering that the motel is usually very empty. When they said the motel was totally booked for that night, I was expecting someone to say that there was an event nearby to explain how the place had more than three rooms with people. Heh, maybe Johnny’s “tweet me at Facebook” advertising finally paid off. 

• Love 3

I'm just so glad this show is back, it makes me unreasonably happy! And I love that it picked up the very next day after last season's finale! There's such momentum in the budding relationship between David and Patrick and the slow reconciliation of Alexis and Ted, plus Johnny and Stevie's partnership. 

Best scene: Alexis confessing to David she may have killed the old guy at the motel. It reminded me of the scene last season where David was reading all the stipulations in her contract for The Crows Have Eyes 2. I love his escalating reactions to her absurdities. 

• Love 11

I'm surprised that neither Alexis or David thought of using Mutt's barn to stay the night in. His plants are so super dead.

I kind of love David and Patrick's relationship. I like how up front Patrick is about his vulnerabilities while still maintaining a very clear confidence in who he is. 

The whole show just warms my heart.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4