Type keyword(s) to search

2018 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

5 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Does not look like a lot of girls are trying out today.

I see Kelly, the one who raised money on GoFundme is on the front row, second from left.  She made it and posted the obligatory picture with your hand by the number board. 

Just now, go4luca said:

I'm going to restrain myself since everyone knows my feelings on this one.

victoriaakalina_5_5_2018_18_47_31_797.jpg

We will see how she does towmrow with the dcc Choreo 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I thought it might be 69.  (@ShellyB please forgive me, lol)

You're probably right because 69 is on the board and 99 is not

Speaking of @ShellyB, have those of you on insta seen her latest live story?  I wish we could post those videos here because she's lost it, lol.  ;o)

4 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I have a feeling she'll do fine with the choreo.  I'm more curious as to her panel interview.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Tootie said:

TPTB really could have made the set up with better lighting.  For some of these gals, this is a once in a lifetime photo op and that spot looks ghastly.  Even a few can lights on adjacent C-stands for fill light would've been a big help.  Yeesh.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Roo22 said:

You're probably right because 69 is on the board and 99 is not

I thought her number was 66. Ooops. 

Oh and hey everyone. Long time lurker, first time poster.

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, Cody701 said:

I honestly don't see why Jourdyn (left) keeps trying out, she will never make it.

I have to agree with you.  She's tried out for others ( Mavs, Spurs, Texans) as well and never makes it. The only ones that took her was TLD and AAIA.

24 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I have to agree with you.  She's tried out for others ( Mavs, Spurs, Texans) as well and never makes it. The only ones that took her was TLD and AAIA.

Why do you think she's never made it to those professional teams? I feel like she definitely at points is ahead of the choreography

3 minutes ago, Angie said:

Why do you think she's never made it to those professional teams? I feel like she definitely at points is ahead of the choreography

She's a cute girl, and her body is fine. Maybe she chokes all the time. Or doesn't interview well.

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

And if she's HD ready. I feel like they may not like her smile on the hd board but who knows they just may put her through just because of who her mom is

• Love 1

Well, Dayton didn't get into TC and look at who her mom is. Cassie looked like a scared little girl during the first round the first year she tried out. Couldn't even smile if I remember,yet, she sailed right through. They didn't take the one really cute African American girl, Kylie, because of her smile, So if they take Victoria, it's definitely because her mom is BFF's with Kelli.

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, go4luca said:

TPTB really could have made the set up with better lighting.  For some of these gals, this is a once in a lifetime photo op and that spot looks ghastly.  Even a few can lights on adjacent C-stands for fill light would've been a big help.  Yeesh.

It doesn’t look like it’s main purpose is for a photo op, but the girls don’t know that so they stand in front of that huge low light. From the shot with all the girls in chairs, it look oks more like it’s just meant to be part of the background so you don’t see the ugly parts of AT&T Stadium. 

But the girls treat it like a step and repeat ?

• Love 1
(edited)

The majority of the girls that are on the squad fall into the “less that 6 degrees of separation” ....Thinka bout what you already know, connect the dots.

Edited by lfedncr
Speling
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, SunshineSally said:

It doesn’t look like it’s main purpose is for a photo op, but the girls don’t know that so they stand in front of that huge low light. From the shot with all the girls in chairs, it look oks more like it’s just meant to be part of the background so you don’t see the ugly parts of AT&T Stadium. 

But the girls treat it like a step and repeat ?

Can't argue, I know it's a backdrop.  Just wishful thinking for the girls on my part.  Yeah, I'm a bit of a sap. ;o)

13 minutes ago, DBAAT said:

Well, Dayton didn't get into TC and look at who her mom is. Cassie looked like a scared little girl during the first round the first year she tried out. Couldn't even smile if I remember,yet, she sailed right through. They didn't take the one really cute African American girl, Kylie, because of her smile, So if they take Victoria, it's definitely because her mom is BFF's with Kelli.

I think Dayton would've gotten into TC had She not made that mistake in the interview. I think if they didn't have an interview portion Dayton would've made it right through to tc and made the team because she's a legacy 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Angie said:

I think Dayton would've gotten into TC had She not made that mistake in the interview. I think if they didn't have an interview portion Dayton would've made it right through to tc and made the team because she's a legacy 

To me, you aren't a legacy until you've actually made it onto the team. Dayton has a long way to go before she earns that privilege.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, tinabee1967 said:

To me, you aren't a legacy until you've actually made it onto the team. Dayton has a long way to go before she earns that privilege.

Thanks for adding your perspective I didn't think about it that way. I know on the website last year on the dcc website it had that I think it said 3 dcc legacies tried out. So it's nice to see another person's perspective of how legacy could be defined

8 minutes ago, Angie said:

Thanks for adding your perspective I didn't think about it that way. I know on the website last year on the dcc website it had that I think it said 3 dcc legacies tried out. So it's nice to see another person's perspective of how legacy could be defined

I don't know where I saw that number unless i heard it on the show

(edited)
16 minutes ago, Angie said:

The situations when I've most often seen the word legacy used are in reference to someone who is trying to get admitted/invited into a group or an organization (like a sorority) and they are related to someone who is already a member of that group. I think that is what is meant in this context. It is a description based on who you're connected to, not who you are or what you have achieved.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 6
18 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

The situations when I've most often seen the word legacy used are in reference to someone who is trying to get admitted/invited into a group or an organization (like a sorority) and they are related to someone who is already a member of that group. I think that is what is meant in this context. It is a description based on who you're connected to, not who you are or what you have achieved.

Same

Hi everyone! 

Here is an updated list on CONFIRMED Semi-finalists. If they’re name isn’t on the list, it just means they haven’t posted or we haven’t found exact confirmation

Madi Allemier @madiallemier

Cristi Fisher @cristi_fisher

Mary Kate @mkdomino

Mitchell Rowden @mlrdances

Kali Mikelson @kalimikelson

Taylor Johnson @taylorjohnsonj

Kelly Porazzo @kellyporazzo

Brooke Johns @brookejohnss

Lauren Chapman @laurenec71

Abby Penprase @abbypenprase 

Emilee Rose @emileerose1

Kristen Dodd @kdodd_10

Randi Sundquist @randisundquist 

@daph7

Ashley Beth @ashleybeth247

Ashley Wood @ashnicholewood 

Lily Johnson @lilyjay21

Tiffany Taliaferro @tiff_taliaferro 

Thelma @thelmaax

Bridget Jacob @classic_bridge

Raven Anzaldua @ravenelise24

Nicole McIntosh @nicoleamcintosh 

Hanna Oliver @hannaoliver

Hannah Hancock @hannahhancock_

Lauren Strong @laurbstrong

Jasmine Whittington @jazzwhitt

Brianna Shea @briannalshea

Jourdyn Moore @jourdynmoore

Madeline Malloy @madeline_malloy

Victoria Kalina @victoriaakalina

Molly Eagleton @molly_charanell

• Love 1
1 minute ago, dccfan37 said:

Hi everyone! 

Here is an updated list on CONFIRMED Semi-finalists. If they’re name isn’t on the list, it just means they haven’t posted or we haven’t found exact confirmation

Madi Allemier @madiallemier

Cristi Fisher @cristi_fisher

Mary Kate @mkdomino

Mitchell Rowden @mlrdances

Kali Mikelson @kalimikelson

Taylor Johnson @taylorjohnsonj

Kelly Porazzo @kellyporazzo

Brooke Johns @brookejohnss

Lauren Chapman @laurenec71

Abby Penprase @abbypenprase 

Emilee Rose @emileerose1

Kristen Dodd @kdodd_10