Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Champs vs Stars: It's The Final Countdown

• Start Topic

At least it's over. I mean, it was short and for charity, but the gap was just way too wide. Like watching Battle of the Sexes 2, only without Eric Fucking Nies getting $60K. And Sophia's breakdowns. That was fucking brutal.

At least Johnny kept in character about his rivalry with Wes. At least Emily got to win a Challenge, even if it doesn't really count. At least the Stars . . . got to spend time away from their loved ones?

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 3

This series was a raggedy mess. The only good points were CT dragging TO and some of the games, which I wish they would transfer to actual challenges. 

Even though there were pro athletes, this just demonstrated how knowledge of each other and knowledge of the game itself are a huge advantage. The same has happened with the true Vets vs AYTO/newbies in standard challenges. There's just no competition when it comes down to understanding strategy.

• Love 4

I cracked up at Zach saying he was more athletic than CT.  I mean he is certainly in better shape at the moment and much younger and as a result may be able to do some things more athletically now but he isn't in prime CTs league as an athlete. Nor is he close to Landon's.  Heck he isn't even the athlete Jordan is.  Even prime steroid Wes was more athletic I think.  He has size and is certainly athletic, but he is not in the top tier of athletes in challenge history in my opinion.  I am struggling to think of any instances where Zach has truly impressed me athletically.  Like a Holy Sh!t moment like the best of the best have.  

• Love 2

Stars had poor strategy.  Two females hurt them in that slide ball game.

Plus they chose the girl over the guy just because ...

Whatever, do they really care if their charities get $50k or a "sizable donation?"

It would make more sense that the players had additional monetary incentives to get to the final or else Matt wouldn't have been so teed off.

Champs vs Pros was a lot better than Champs vs Stars. The Stars really had no chance from the beginning as the Champs were always better than them strategically and athletically.

I always love seeing CT win so I was glad he won for his charity as well as Emily and Johnny. I still don't like Johnny, but at least his winnings went to a good cause.

Zach is delusional if he thinks he's a better athlete than CT. He might be in better shape than CT, but CT is a beast. 

• Love 3

They kept teasing, throughout the season, a shot where someone in blue (looked like Emily) was dramatically knocked sideways off the pedestal by the spinning bar.  But it was one of the guy Champs that fell off, and (aw geez, blanking on names already, that's how meh this season was) the female Star that fell off slipped one of her feet down, wasn't wholesale knocked down.  Why?

Only part I really liked was CT tearing up at being able to give his charity $50K.

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 7:59 AM, neenyah said:

This series was a raggedy mess. The only good points were CT dragging TO and some of the games, which I wish they would transfer to actual challenges. 

Even though there were pro athletes, this just demonstrated how knowledge of each other and knowledge of the game itself are a huge advantage. The same has happened with the true Vets vs AYTO/newbies in standard challenges. There's just no competition when it comes down to understanding strategy.

True.  It's all about strategy.

I will give John one tiny bit of credit for saying to CT (after they picked him to go into the final) "if I die, I expect you to pick me up and carry me like a backpack."   Johnny Bananas Backpack will forever be my favorite reality show moment. 

I knew there was no way the stars would win, but damn, that wasn't even close.  The champs were done before the stars got a single plank in place. 

I agree that they should transition some of those games over to the real Challenge.  They used to mix some "silly" games into the Challenge, but I feel like that's largely gone by the wayside as they now just keep trying to up the ante.  Sometimes silly is good, MTV.  Sure, have the extreme heights challenges, but also add in some human foosball or human hot dog type (from Champs vs. Pros) kind of stuff.  It will make the regular seasons more fun if there are some episodes where the game isn't necessarily going to be won by the people who do the most cross fit in between seasons or take the most steroids.  

• Love 3
On 1/11/2018 at 7:54 AM, MaggieG said:

I FF through most of this. The only funny thing was Emily getting a ball to the head during the slide ball game.

That part was funny, but the part that really had me LOL'ing, rewinding, and LOL'ing all over again was when the guy got soap in his eyes, was in torture, and his teammate asked him "are you forcing yourself to cry?" I believe he said "yes," I'm not sure because I was laughing so hard.

Yeah, right! You're forcing yourself to cry! Let's go with that!

• Love 1