Type keyword(s) to search

Season 3 Discussion

paulvdb

Vickie showing up felt like a bit apology from Jeff Franklin and all the former writers who felt if her and Danny would have gotten married would have ruined the dynamic of the series. When it fact, it would have fit right into it. I mean, it wouldn't have been that hard to make up an excuse for Joey, Jesse and the family still living there for the remainder of the series. Hell, when Fuller House started they basically said they were only there a few more years afterwards and then all moved out after Steph went to college. Ok, rant over on that. I felt this would have been a nice conclusion if they don't get a season 4. However, having Danny back in the house and Kimmy having Steph's baby. There is so many places they can go, especially with Rocky and Jackson now dating and the way Gia and DJ are around each other. I also see Jimmy getting down and proposing to Steph, because let's face it. I could see them trying to wrap up a 4th season with a wedding and labor hijinks. Either way, I enjoyed the season, but wish they wouldn't have split it up the way they did. 

• Love 3
On 12/27/2017 at 4:47 PM, Panopticon said:

Of course I watch the show for nostalgia, but that doesn't mean I want to see the characters act the way they did thirty years ago without explanation. And mostly they don't.

Kimmy is still hanging out in the Tanner house and joking about it, but she's also, as she herself points out, sometimes the normal one in her own family.

Stephanie drops the occasional "how rude!" but, rather than being unable to share a room with DJ, she has moved in with DJ and her children-- and has apparently been very involved with being a secondary caregiver to her nephews all along.

DJ is still a perfectionist, but she's running her own vet clinic instead of going on crash diets.

I could understand teenagers inadvertently using/humiliating the likes of CJ and Matt with a date to the prom on the line. I can't understand 40-ish people doing it with marriage on the line, unless those 40-ish people are genuinely awful human beings who haven't matured a day since high school.

I pretty strongly disagree that this version makes the original look like a drama. I can't remember an ongoing arc in the original that was remotely equivalent to the Stephanie infertility plot, for example.

Yea but in the original , not every line and character was exaggerated . In the new version , the characters don't act like real people . For example , grandpa papouli dying could never have happened in this version without the characters busting out singing and dancing . It's just too much . 

And also , isn't Tommy not even 2 years old ?  For someone who's husband just died , dj sure knew how to move on rather quickly . With not just 1 guy , but playing 2 guys like fiddles 

• Love 2

The characters not acting like real people is a very legitimate criticism. The original Full House may have been campy, but the situations still felt authentic. Like, DJ's first day of high school (I think) where she gets teased and eats lunch in the phone booth was relatable. You could actually see that happening (maybe not exactly like that but some version of that) in real life. In this show, everybody acts like a cartoon character, and it really takes you out of it as a viewer. That's not even factoring the breaking of the fourth wall and insider references that are horrid on any show.

I'm definitely tuning out of this. I saw most of season 3, but it's just not there. I'm Ok with playing off nostalgia, but if that's all the show is going to be, then it will get old fast, and it has.

• Love 5

If Michelle was around she could have been a surrogate candidate, considering she'd be younger than Kimmy/DJ.  I hadn't even been thinking about her until this episode when I got distracted by Kimmy's age. Woman can certainly still get pregnant at 39/40, but I'm surprised a doctor would call her a perfect candidate.

• Love 3

The requirements to donate eggs are a lot stricter than the requirements to be a surrogate. An egg donor has to be under 30, but a surrogate just has to pass the physical and psychological exam - have the right frame of mind/motivation, and have a thick uterine lining, basically. It doesn't matter if she has great egg quality or ovulates regularly, she just needs a good oven. If the doctor gave her an ultrasound midcycle and saw that her lining was about 1 cm thick and she had no uterine abnormalities (especially with a prior successful pregnancy/delivery), the doc would sign off.

• Love 2
On 12/22/2017 at 10:26 AM, kariyaki said:

I think this was my favorite episode so far. Between DJ's crack about Steph's boob job and every word out of Gia's mouth, I was howling.

And I *loved* Fernando trying to be Jewish. His mispronunciations really got me.

I had to rewind to make sure I heard correctly when DJ made the boob job joke. I much prefer the jokes than seeingher boobs all over the place like we did in S1; that was over the top.

• Love 2

I can't be the only one who's dying to see outtakes from this episode! I was impressed they were able to get through an entire take with everyone keeping appropriately straight faces. That whole absurd dinner scene was a surprising delight -- I expected to groan through the whole thing. "You're right! The mustache does make it more fun!"

And Max's comment about Bert and Ernie being gay. The dance-off between Fernando and Jesse. Joey admitting his kids are basically Satan's spawns... Loved this episode.

(Though I did love Vicki's return in the next ep.) I hope they put her back together with Danny -- especially with her calling out all the weird Full House stuff.

• Love 2
On 1/3/2018 at 11:58 AM, Rachel81 said:

I can't be the only one who's dying to see outtakes from this episode!

While on vacation for the holidays, I had a chance to binge watch this.  It was my first plunge into the world of Netflix.  Are there outtakes available somewhere?  

13 hours ago, GalvDuck said:

While on vacation for the holidays, I had a chance to binge watch this.  It was my first plunge into the world of Netflix.  Are there outtakes available somewhere?  

I've never looked for them (just googled for three seconds now), but don't think there are any available, sadly.

9 hours ago, Rachel81 said:

I've never looked for them (just googled for three seconds now), but don't think there are any available, sadly.

Well darn...for now.  I've always been a fan of outtakes and bloopers.  I remember when I was a kid, Dick Clark and Ed McMahon hosted a show with TV bloopers and practical jokes.  It would be great if most, if not all, series had somewhere the fans could watch all the outtakes at the end of each season because you KNOW they exist.  

• Love 3

So, that was super depressing. I hope Matt isn't off the show, I really liked him, and was surprised by how much I got into his relationship with DJ. They really clicked, and he fit in with her family so well, it sucks that they through that all away for the sake of nostalgia. If they wanted that, why even bother with a love triangle? 

Other than that, the stuff in Japan was actually pretty fun. This show is super cheesy and stupid, but I still will admit it gets a smile out of me. 

• Love 3

I laughed super hard at Fernandos reading glasses. And at the dance student trying desperately trying to get Ramona to run while she can. 

I am still salty about DJ and Steve getting together, but I do appreciate them giving it a month before they hook up for real out of respect for Matt and CJ. They still dont look great in all of this, but at least it could have been worse. 

• Love 1

Chad Brad Bradley made this episode for me. Him and his stupid hair and the paranoid principle made up for my sadness about Matt leaving. It still seriously sucks that he is getting the boot in favor of the contrivance that is Steve/DJ. 

Who drops off an alligator?!?! Matt and DJ really do make a good comic duo. Again, still sad. 

• Love 2

This was probably the funniest episode of this run of episodes so far. Jackson and Ramona with the pay phone (I saw this in a movie once...) and then their awkward dancing for money was all golden. 

I too forgot that Fernando was a race car driver, but I guess it makes sense, as he has a lot of money, as well as spar time when he isn't racing. The guy has really grown on me. 

The cop was really funny too, as was the preschool teacher teetering on the edge pf a meltdown. 

• Love 3
On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 1:47 PM, MaggieG said:

He made me chuckle as well. There was one move Ramona did during their dance battle, she did a turn and flipped her hair into his face. I was like "Go Ramona!"

Tanner Buchannan who plays Chad and Soni were really into that scene and would have you believe they were really dancing off. Soni in general dances whenever she gets a chance and was showing off her dancing for the audience between takes whenever there was music. The dance off was definitely my favorite scene so they certainly saved the best for last in my mind (this scene was filmed last even though it was aired second to last).

Edited by FHF
  • Love 2

The issue I had with this ending, and really the show itself, is that no one seems like a real person. The characters are basically cartoon characters. They don't react like human beings when faced with an actual problem, they don't act like them, and it's hard to take the show seriously because of it. Some memorable episodes from Full House involved DJ not fitting in at school and having to eat lunch in the phone booth. You could actually feel DJ's pain in that episode because it was relatable. It felt like it could have happened to anyone. While on this show, Ramona is an outcast and somehow gets in a dance off in the middle of the cafeteria and her cartoon family comes in pretending to be rappers, etc. Then in another episode they show Kimmy's home being the equivalent of a circus so they could throw a few gags in there. It was like a bad Disney show.

I know the original Full House was sappy, but it kind of feels like the current show is mocking the old show rather than celebrating it. They have milked enough nostalgia out of this to where they don't need to bother to do anymore shows, IMO. This show had real potential, but I don't think anyone viewed it as anyone other than a cash grab for nostalgia. I guess it is what it is. I would have liked more emphasis on explaining what happened to the characters in a realistic way, but instead they focused on breaking the fourth wall and being meta rather than telling any actual stories.

The last episode wasn't bad, but I think that should be it. 

• Love 6

Damn you Chad Brad Bradley! 

Wow, Dakota makes Joeys awful children look like angels in comparison. Way to be a parent, Susan! The actress was funny though.

Who knew Fernando and Tommy playing together would become a season highlight? He is super good with Tommy, and seems to be the main person taking care of him now! Whenever I've wondered who was taking care of Tommy during She Wolf Pack hiinks, I am just going to assume Fernando was watching him now. 

Funny episode, except for Jackson's creepy friend. Its getting weird, show. 

• Love 2

The babies playing Tommy are freaking adorable, and he and Fernando are weirdly adorable combination. Especially when Tommy was speaking Spanish! Dang it thats cute. Also, if DJ is still trying to get Tommy into that fancy pre-schools, saying that Tommy is learning Spanish at home is a really good selling point! Especially if he has trouble speaking!

The kids trying to hide that they destroyed the creepy statue was hilarious, as was Kimmy and Stephanie spending a say together. If it wasn't for the creepy DJ subplot, this would be just about a perfect Fuller House episode. 

It did bring Matt back though, and he and Steve are friends again! I still miss Matt/DJ. 

• Love 2

That dinner was honest to god super funny. The wine box, the mustaches, Becky and her fake accent, I was losing it. Then DJs response to finding out that Jackson and Roxy kissed, and everyone's gasps when DJ said the night was a Turd Sand which or something! I also love how everyone so clearly knows that Joeys kids are The Worst. 

I bet Kimmy either is already pregnant, or will be revealed to be pregnant by next week. 

"We`re star crossed lovers, like Burt and Ernie!"

• Love 2

If this is the series finale, I would be happy with this ending. Kimmy, DJ, and Steph are all in happy relationships with kids, the rest of the extended Tanner clan is moving back to San Fran, and even Danny might be getting back together with Vicki. Jackson even learned what friends with benefits are! That would be a nice place to end the saga of Full House. 

At the same time, there is still plenty of places for the show to go if they do get another season (Rocky and Jackson kind of dating, Steph and Jimmy raising a baby) so it would work out either way. If the show doesn't get another season, I guess I wont miss it that much, but I will be happy if it gets another season. This show is super cheesy and silly, but I enjoy it. I dont think its all nostalgia (I didn't watch the show in its original run, I wasn't even alive when it debuted, just in reruns in the early to mid 00s) I just think its a light, happy show and sometimes, thats just something that I like. 

"She wore lots of crosses, so I assume she was some kind of religious leader." 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

If this is the series finale, I would be happy with this ending. Kimmy, DJ, and Steph are all in happy relationships with kids, the rest of the extended Tanner clan is moving back to San Fran, and even Danny might be getting back together with Vicki. Jackson even learned what friends with benefits are! That would be a nice place to end the saga of Full House. 

At the same time, there is still plenty of places for the show to go if they do get another season (Rocky and Jackson kind of dating, Steph and Jimmy raising a baby) so it would work out either way. If the show doesn't get another season, I guess I wont miss it that much, but I will be happy if it gets another season. This show is super cheesy and silly, but I enjoy it. I dont think its all nostalgia (I didn't watch the show in its original run, I wasn't even alive when it debuted, just in reruns in the early to mid 00s) I just think its a light, happy show and sometimes, thats just something that I like. 

Yes, it works either way. If not renewed, good place to leave off. If they get season 4, plenty of places to go. If they do get a season 4, good way is to split the season in half again leading up to the baby being born, Jackson getting his driver's license. Danny looking for a new job. In fact it would be great if Danny got back into sports writing/announcing which was his original job when the series began. In this day and age from podcasts to several long time sports announcers dying in California, be great for Danny to start again. Then have the other half with Steph and Jimmy being parents for the first time, even Steph getting a new job herself, Tommy starting Pre-school and Max heading to middle school. 

• Love 3
On 1/14/2018 at 7:45 PM, tennisgurl said:

Completely agree with every word you wrote.

• Love 1
On 12/22/2017 at 8:33 PM, BigDave said:

DJ with Matt was a much better fit. I don't know why this show has such a thirst for DJ/Steve nostalgia. The chemistry just isn't there. Plus the way things ended made the audience sympathize with the two people who will likely be phased out of the show, while making the two people who will remain on the show (one of them being the star) as the ones who acted like dicks.

If this was the end game, then there was a better way to get there, IMO.

I agree! I literally just watched the episode and was like" am I supposed to sympathize with DJ and Steve cause I d ont!" I actually grow to dislike Charcters that can't decide who they want to be with/lead one on while really liking the other so I'm disliking DJ and Steve right now and for a bit before then 

On 12/30/2017 at 2:31 PM, junemeatcleaver said:

The people running this show are so hung up on nostalgia instead of just recasting Michelle, they harangued the Olsen twins for choosing not to come back onscreen for two seasons.  Of course DJ/Steve was always the intended end game.

And the way they are doing it makes DJ and Steve Unlikeable 

• Love 2